Sadness In Your Eyes

The Forbidden Game {Killing Me Softly }
Fan Fiction

It has been almost a month now since Uncle Sammie left,and Hebe was pretty much left on her own.She doesn't have friends anymore,the only friend she have is Uncle Sammie and now that he is not around,it has been pretty lonely.The only people that she talk to now are the maids and the driver.She has been bored at her wits end.

Jiro is around but he always keep his distance from her.She hear him around the house but she seldom sees him.And even if she happen to see him,all she gets is a cold stare and a mean look.She doesn't understand the hatred that was directed towards her.She is not even his Uncle's woman.At first,she thought that was his purpose for bringing her here,but when he told her the truth before he left,she doesn't get it.She is not a threat anymore to his Uncle wealth or anything.

It is a Friday afternoon,and she knew that Jiro will be late and maybe passing by Madame Song's house.The thought hurts her.Did he find a replacement for her already or he have a kept woman there just like her before? Or he has found a decent woman to love and care for and then later on marry.It will not be hard for him to find a decent woman instead of hanging in the whorehouse.

The thought of Jiro having a girlfriend and later on a wife hurt her the most as tears came.She knows that she has to leave when that time comes.She won't be able to stand it.She will just wait for Uncle Sammie to come back and then maybe say goodbye to him and thank him for all his kindness.And then she will ask for her freedom so she can start anew with her life,far away from Jiro and far away from her past.

The thought of dinner made her nauseous,and the thought of eating by herself is so unappealing.She called the maid to tell her not to bother preparing dinner for her tonight.She heard the sound of Jiro's car.She wondered why is he home early.It is only six o clock.

Jiro found Hebe in the living room as she was about to go up to her bedroom.he looked at her.The sadness in her eyes,did not escaped him.He wondered why every time he sees the sadness in her eyes,his own heart is sad too,as if feeling her sadness and more....She must be missing the Old Man like I do.Somehow the anger that he felt for her seems to vanish and for now forgotten.She had been alone in the house for quite sometime now,and she doesn't even go out aside from the church on Sunday.She doesn't even go out to shop or do anything like an ordinary girl would.

"I didn't know you are coming home.I told the maid not to bother preparing dinner tonight." Hebe said.

"Why are you on a diet? You hardly need to diet.In fact it is the opposite.You should be eating more." Jiro said as he noted that she had lose weight from before.

"I just don't feel like eating today.It is not that appealing to eat by yourself." Hebe said.She wondered the change of tone in Jiro's voice and mood.He is less angry and kinder today.She wondered why.

"Come on,go with me.I'll take you out for dinner." Jiro said."You hardly get out of the house.it must be boring staying here by yourself."

"It is alright,I am used to it." Hebe said."Staying in the house,I mean."

"No,you have to go with me.My Uncle will get mad at me ,if I let you starve ." as he took her hand.But the touch burned him as he let it go.Hebe felt it too but she didn't say anything....

Jiro took her to a very beautiful and classy restaurant.She was never been to this kind of place before.The man in their suit and the ladies in their beautiful dresses.Hebe looked at herself and felt short from what she is wearing.

"Why did you take me to this place.I am not even dressed." Hebe said.

"It is alright,I don't mind." Jiro said.

They walked to the entrance as the man greet Jiro.He must have known him as they ushered them to a corner table.And then the waiter appeared and began pouring them a drink.Hebe drank a bit but she felt like choking as the alcohol runs to as she almost choked on it and began coughing.She was embarrassed at the sound she created as she coughed,and the people looked at her.Jiro looked at her with concern,something that she has never seen before.

"Are you alright?Maybe the alcohol doesn't agree with you.We will just order a juice for you." he said.

And then the waiter came as array of food came to their table,without any word from Jiro,as if they knew what to serve.And Hebe who is without an appetite earlier started to eat and more.Jiro smiled as he saw her finished the food on her plate.

"I should taken you out more often,so you can eat more." he said as he smiled at her.Hebe's heart went a flip flop when he smiled..Hebe just looked at him .She doesn't understand his kindness today, but she is grateful,she wished that the night will never end and that his mood will never change...

And as they went home,as Hebe was about to go upstairs to her room.

"I want to thank you again for taking me out today.I feel a lot better now.And thank you for the dinner "as she walked fast to her bedroom.She can't help but smile when she was all alone in the room.The image of Jiro smiling at her and with the look of tenderness in his eyes,kept coming back to her,she has not seen it for the very long time..."Oh Jiro how I love you.I wish that you can love me back even just half or even a little bit of the love that I have for you,then I will be happy...even a little bit." she told herself....and bit her lips...

 -->