Hebe's Dilemna

The Forbidden Game {Killing Me Softly }

 

Jiro walked in the house,and everything is eerily quiet.It is still early in the evening but it seems everything stood still in the darkness  of the night.He came home straight from the office and decided to sleep in the house tonight.And then maybe he can leave early tomorrow or Sunday.He doesn't have plans of staying the whole weekend home.

He wants to see Hebe,but if seeing her will only cause more troubles,than what has happened before,he should try to least, to avoid her all together.He missed her.He has been fighting herself with the urge to see her.Not to see her will be for the better,for all of them.

He walked around the house and he doesn't hear any sounds.The maids must have retired early,and he wondered if Uncle Sammie and Hebe went out for the night as he walked to his room.The sound of the door opening startled him,as he looked at the source...

Uncle Sammie coming out in his room,already in his pajama and robe.he must be having an early night,he thought.

"Hi,Uncle,I didn't mean to bother you.I decided to come home straight from work,instead of coming early in the morning." Jiro said.

"Jiro,good you are home.Hebe is not feeling well.She is resting in her room already.So I decided to retire early too." Uncle Sammie said.

"She is sick?" as a he frown and a worry look came to him. Jiro asked.

"She has been feeling sick for the past few days already.She said she might have caught the bugs that has been going on.She went to the doctor this morning already,and nothing to be worried about,she said.She just needs to rest." Uncle Sammie said.

Jiro just nodded his head.She thought she was acting up because of his rejection to her,but it seems she is alright and has moved on.He is feeling quite guilty for hurting her,for saying all those hurtful words to her.She didn't know,that he has been hurting the most when he said those words to her.And when he saw her cry,he wished to take her in his arms and say to her that everything will be alright and he will take care of her.But he can't do that and he can't say those words to her.

"How about a round of golf tomorrow? I reserved a tee time at the club for nine.You think you'll be up for a game?" Uncle Sammie asked.

"Ahhh,that means waking up early.Alright I am in.it has been a while since I played.I will be rusty." Jiro said.

"Then that is good then.This time I will win for real.Instead of letting me win all the time." Uncle Sammie said with a laugh...

During the night,Jiro was just too aware of any sounds or movement on the next room.It is still very quiet. She must be sleeping now,he thought . He just have to wait until tomorrow to see her. Still Hebe's images played before his mind.....as he dreamed of her.....

Hebe was awake and just too aware of the goings inside the house. Jiro is home.She wants to see him but then,she knows,he doesn't want to see her anymore.Tears came again...she has been crying since that night.She forced herself not think about him and not to think all of the hurtful words that he has said to her,but it keeps on repeating in her mind.And everytime she remembered it,she can't help but cry and pity herself even more .Sometimes she wondered why is she even here and why she even exist.Her Mom should have taken her with her to the next life where everything will be better than here.Life is not even worth living anymore as she cried again....

She has been feeling sick lately and she was so afraid because there is a possibility that she might be pregnant.She missed her period last month,and has been feeling sick and nauseous lately.She bought a pregnancy kit in the store today,she just need to test herself in the morning.The possibillity of pregnancy scared her.She knows that if ever she is pregnant,it will be Jiro's baby,for she has not been with any other man. But he already told her that he did not want her in his life,and so is the baby.She is afraid of what could be the future that is stored for her and her baby.

It will be like a cycle again.An unwanted child just like her.She doesn't want her baby to suffer just like her.She knows how it feels to be unwanted and worst despised by the people that are suppose to love and care for you.If ever she is pregnant,will she tell Jiro about it or keep it to herself.She knows that if she is pregnant ,she cannot stay here anymore.Uncle Sammie has been so good to her.She cannot ask him to care for her and  the baby too. And to bring up the baby near Jiro and not accepting her as his own ,will be an even bigger problem.Her mind became so tired all of a sudden from thinking.She has to be sure first before she makes the next move...as she fall asleep....thinking of Jiro and thinking of a baby without a face....

Hebe woke up as she was having a dream.She dreamed of hearing a baby crying and as she went around looking  for her,as she went to look all over the yard,in the rooms, all over the house....but she cannot find her....She woke up in sweat,as she got up and sit on the bed.her whole body is trembling with fear that she cannot explain...

She went to the bathroom as she took with her the pregnancy kit.She watched as the sign changes from straight line to a positive sign.... as she stared at it for the longest time. She is pregnant with Jiro's baby. She should be happy that she is having Jiro's baby,the man that she loves,but the more tears came to her...She pitied herself and she pitied the baby more than anything else.Her Baby's  Daddy never wanted her from the start just like her.....

Jiro woke up still feeling tired and somehow restless.He showered and changed to get ready for the game.he was expecting to see hebe in the dining table for breakfast but she was not there. It is only uncle Sammie in the table,drinlking his coffee.

"Good morning" as he greeted his Uncle.

"Ahh good you are ready for the game.Have your breakfast and I will be ready in few minutes." Uncle Sammie said ,as he stood up to change.

" Just a coffee" as he told the maid.He looked around and no Hebe even in the kitchen."Where is your Ma'am?"

"She is still in bed.She is not feeling well." the maid answered.

"Is she alright? Did somebody checked her at all?" Jiro asked.

"Yes,I was upstairs a little while ago and she is still in bed." she answered.

"Did you bring her breakfast at all?" he asked.

"She doesn't want to eat.The smell of food makes her more sick she said." the maid answered.

Jiro stood up as he went to go upstairs and knocked on Hebe's room...She did not answered but the door was open as Jiro went in to check on her.She was in bed,she looked so pale and it looked like she lost weight again.Her eyes was closed and her breathing was regular and in rhythm.She looked like she is sleeping as he stared at her.She looked so frail and dainty.Does she really mean what she said before? Does she really loved him? He shook his head trying to erase the thought.She will learn to forget him in time, just as he will learn to forget whatever feelings he has for her....as he walked out of the room.

Hebe's eyes opened as soon as Jiro turned his back,as she watched him walked away from her.She cried again,and her tears seems so endless.....Only for today.She needs to be strong for her baby.After today,she won't cry anymore.She will be a Mommy soon,and Mommies are supposed to be strong and responsible...Her Daddy may not love her but I will love her with all the love that I can give her.And maybe that will be enough for her.This baby will grow in love....Hebe promised her baby.