Standing On My Own

The Forbidden Game {Killing Me Softly }

 

Hebe looked at all the things that she laid on her bed.She put the clothes on her luggage bag.And then some toiletries,she will be needing.Some of her personal belongings from home.Her pictures with her Mom when she was growing up.That is her only most treasured belongings for now,as she stared at her pictures for a while and cried.

She counted her money.This will be enough to keep her for few months of not working,until she has the baby.She spoke to ella and luckily,she was looking for a room mate for she moved to a bigger apartment and she wants somebody to share the rent with.She didn't asked that much questions.She seems to understand her.She did not tell her that she was pregnant,she only told her that she needs a place to stay.Ten thousands of dollars a month,that is all she is asking.She will have enough money for hospitalizations and the baby things,as she tucked her money away.

Somehow,the knowledge of having the baby,strenghtened her more than she can imagined.And true enough,the baby sort of gave her purpose and the will to live.She will love this baby more than anything else in the world and she will be just fine. it doesn't matter anymore if her father never acknowledged her ,or that he never loved her.She will give her all the love in the world.And Jiro's love doesn't matter anymore.......

She zipped her luggage,and as she straightened herself.She knows that she still have one more thing to do before she can leave.She owed it to him,for loving her and giving her respect as a human being.She never felt the love of a father before and now she knew how it feels to have a father that loves you,cares for you,and protect you frpm all the pain and harm..And for that she will always be grateful to Uncle Sammie .She went out of her room looking for him........

She found him enough,in his  office sitiing in the sofa reading a book. He smiled at the sight of her.

"Hebe,what is it ?Do you want anything?" Uncle Sammie asked.

Hebe smiled at him." Can I talk to you? I need to talk to you.it is very important." she said.

" What is it Hebe? Is anything troubling you.Come seat down with me." he said.He can see the sadness in her eyes.He wished he can do something to take away the sadness and the pain away.

Hebe sit down by his side as she tppk a deep breath ."Uncle ,I have a very important thing to tell you.....I don't know how to say...but I need you to know that...I am.....pregnant." as she stopped and waited for his reaction.She can see that nothing can shock this man anymore.He must have gone to a lot before.He was calm as he takes the news within.he doesn't have much expressions on his face.

"So you are pregnant.And who is the father of the baby ?" he asked in a calm and mannered voice.

"It is not important anymore." as her eyes misted at the memories of Jiro,when she told him the news.

"He has to take responsibility.Did you tell him about the baby?" he asked.

Hebe nodded her head. "But he refused to acknowledge the baby.He thinks I am just a ......"as she sobbed,unable to finish her words ."He doesn't believe that this is his child.And i don't have any right to bear his child because I am a " as she cried some more.Uncle Sammie took her in his arms.

"Tell me who the Father is and he won't live to see the day for doing that to you." he said with anger.

Hebe shook her head."It is not important anymore.if he doesn't want this baby. I'll take care of her myself." Hebe said.

"No,you don't have to be alone on this.I will help you bring up the baby.i will take care of you and the baby." he said.

Hebe shook her head."You have done too much already. It is my responsibility now." she said.

"I'll marry you and we will give the baby a name and a home,a proper home.Marry me for your baby.And I will take care of her as my own." as he hugged her.

Hebe can't say anymore.She was crying and she was touched by the generousity and the kindness of this old man......but she knew she won't be able to accept it anymore.She got to do what she got to do and that to stand on her own two feet so that she would be the strenght of her own baby when the time comes........She needs to be strong for her baby.....