A New Beginning

The Forbidden Game {Killing Me Softly }

It has been a week since Hebe has seen Uncle Sammie.And so  far ,it has been comfortig and yes healing in itself to see him and to be able to talk to him and tell him all the truth.He has been so good to her.And without him,she is probably still in madame Song's house being sold to the highest bidder.Now,she is free and yes living quite repectably.

The baby has been her saving grace.John-Johm gave her a reason to live and yes he keeps her going on and made her dream once more of dreams that is long time forgotten.She is planning of going back to school and finish something of some kind of degree.She is still unsure of.Uncle Sammie offered to help her out financially but she cannot accept them.He has done so much already.

She wondered if he told Jiro about the baby or he has kept mum about it,just as he promised.For now,letting the truth out,is quite freeing.maybe she'll find a way to tell Jiro in the future about the baby.But for now,she needs the baby in her life,and yes the baby needs her.A baby need his Mom in his life especially now.

She started working mornings now,for the diner needs help more in the morning.And it is better for Hebe,she is home in the afternoon and she can still do chores in the house.She started looking for apartment but Ella's mom stopped her from doing so.They want her and the baby to stay in the house.At least for now,when the baby is still small.She knows she will have a hard time juggling between jobs and the taking care of the baby.So her move for a new place is on hold for now.

She stopped on her track on the way to the diner.Jiro was there waiting for her.She thought that he has given up on her and that he just gonna leave her alone.She wondered if Uncle Sammie told him about the baby.But somehow today,she doesn't have the fear that she usually feel.Somehow today,she felt that she is ready to ralk to him,and yes maybe Uncle Sammie's little word to her has helped her a lot today.

"Hebe,I know you don't want to see me again.But I can't just give up.I want you to hear me out first." Jiro said.

"I am working today.Why don't you come back later on.when I am free from work." Hebe said.

Jiro was unable to believe what he is hearing.And Hebe so calm and did he imagine it????There is no more anger nor hurt in her voice.But what is she ran away again???As he stared at her,with a question in his eyes,for assurance.

"Don't worry,I won't ran away this time.I Have ran away too much ,from everything.I think,it is about time that I face everything." Hebe said."And i have to show you soemthing.Be here at three and don't be late." as she smiled at him.

Seeing her smiled for the first time,somehow,it brought certain kind of happiness to Jiro.He is happy to know that seeing him,is not hurting her anymore and that she can smile now at his sight,in front of her.....

"No I won't be late." Jiro said as he let her go this time.

Three o clock is just too far away and too long,as Jiro waited for the hour.And soon enough,Hebe is back as Jiro was waiting for her.She even has that big smile in her face,that makes Jiro so hopeful.

"Can we talk first before I show him to you." Hebe asked."We have a lot to talk about." Jiro just nodded his head in agreement.

They went to the neary lake,as it stood silent in the background of yellow and red trees,as the wind rustled their leaves.Somehow the silent lake has that calmiong effect on people in general.Jiro stopped the car.Hebe got out of the car,as she felt the cold air and pulled her sweater closer to herself.Jiro followed her,as they stood side by side looking at the water before them.

Thank you for giving me a chance to talk to you." Jiro started.

Since when did he become gracious to her? Is it possible that Jiro is seeing her also in a different light,just like she is seeing him now in a different way.He is not the man,that she feared,and want to please at all cost.He is not the formidable man,who think of her as less or beneath him.He is not the mighty and the proud one before but as the man that Uncle Sammie has seen,the young man lost in the world.

"I never expected that you really will give me time to talk to you.I.... have so mamy things to tell you and yet I could not even begin...and I don't know where to start. I am so sorry if  I hurt you.I know I have been mean and so bad to you." Jiro said.

Hebe has a bitter smile on her face remembering those."Yes you did hurt me so bad.But now, I understand you better .Uncle Sammie....sort of explained to me." she said.

"Uncle Sammie,he came and and spoke to you?" Jiro asked.

Hebe nodded her head."You didn't know? He never told you?" Hebe asked.

"No he never told me." Jiro said."Hebe,I just want you to know,that I love you.Baby or no baby,I still love you .I am so sorry about the baby.But just take me back,love me again and I promise you I will never hurt you again.Just love me again,Hebe" as he looked at her with a pleading eyes.

"Oh Jiro, I don't know.....I am afraid...it is so easy to take you back and love you again bacause I never stopped loving you...but I don't know....if I am ready.I don't want to get hurt again." Hebe said."Can you give me more time???"

Jiro smiled and nodded his head."Yes,if you need time.I will be just here,waiting for you...I will be waiting for you." he said.

"Come on I have somebody to show you." Hebe said as they went back to the car and gave him directions to the farm house.

They stopped at the farm house.it looks like it sttod in the middle os somewhere."That is where i am staying right now.They have been good to me,making me stay with them.They treated me like. their own family.Come ,I will introduce them to you." she said.

Jiro went inside the house withHebe as Hebe introduced him to Ella's Father and Mother.They were nice as Jiro paid  them respect.And then Hebe took his hand as she lead him to the bedroom and there....he saw a crib,as his heart started to hammer and as he looked at Hebe....she smiled at him with tears in her eyes.....

"I think,it is about time that my baby meet his Daddy.Our baby Jiro,Jonathan Tian Wang." Hebe said.Jiro walked slowly to the crib as he looked at the baby sleeping in the crib,taking his nap.He was sleeping comfortably.Jiro stared at him,as tears came to his eyes.Their baby is here,as his eyes never left the baby face.Hebe came near him.

"He is beautiful,isn't he?" Hebe said

"Yes,he is beautiful,just like the Mommy.Hebe our little baby.Thank you." Jiro said as he touched the baby's hand and looked at him as tears poured in."I am so happy.Thank you I love you so much." as he put his hand on her shoulder,and pulled her closer.

"Oh Jiro,I love you too.I am sorry too.It is not too late is it???" Hebe asked.

"No,it is never too late.We still have a lifetime to share.You,me and the baby.We will make his world beautiful again...And we will show him that it is still  a beautiful and loving  world after all," Jiro said as he kissed Hebe on the lips....a kiss that they have been waiting for a long time....Finally happiness can be found....with Jiro,Hebe and the baby....

A/N Finally an ending.....epilogue after this....I had fun writing this....and this story has haunted me more than any of my story...LOL