Lakeville,New York

The Forbidden Game {Killing Me Softly }

Lakeville,New York was a small quiet town,nestled between the Catskills mountains and the Tanners Counties. It is a very beautiful town with a very small population compared to the city.It is a vision of rolling hills and farms and a silent lake.Farm houses and barns with big yards,your next next door neighbors id like almost two blocks away.Trees abounds,although their leaves are gone now.It looks like  dead trees with their whitewashed colors and gray.Drying bushes can be seen around them.

When you look at the horizons,hills still snow capped from the wintry season.It is starting to melt down now,as hebe belt the cold air around her.She took in the fresh air that surrounds her,as she walked around to look for Ella who seems to disappear an hour ago.it is almost dinner time,although, it still looked bright outside and it is past six o clock.

She found her friend bent down at the backyard tending on her flower gardens.There is no early signs of buds yet and yet ,it will looked promising in a months time.

"Ella,it is dinner time." Hebe said,as she walked nearer her.

Ella looked up from her bended knee position.With a gloves in her hand and a tiny hoes.She started putting those away as she went to the hose to wash her hands.

"I'll be there ,I am just putting the tools away.Just be careful with the rocks and bumps over there." Ella said.

"I am alright. I didn't know you have such a green thumb.on't you miss this when you back to the city?" Hebe asked.

"I do missed my garden...but somehow the glitter of the city leaves a certain impression on me.So you think,you are gonna be alright here when i leave you tomorrow?" Ella asked.

Hebe nodded her head and smiled at her."Your parents are very nice to take me in.And yes,I will be alright.You promised you will come and come during the weekends.?"

"Yes,I'll come home on weekends.Maybe eventually I'll settle back here with you,I can start my own parlor here,especially now that I learned all the ropes about the business." Ella said."And Chun and I are talking to each other and ..." as she blushed.

"I only left home because of him." Ella said.

"So happy for you.He looks like a very nice guy.Maybe it is just  a plain miscommunication." Hebe said.

"What about you and the father of the baby,a plain miscommunication too?" Ella asked and regrettted saying it when she saw the pain in Hebe's eyes.She doesn't talked much about him.And she thinks,if hebe talk about him will be better for her instead of taking everything in.

"Ours is more than complicated than that. it is more than spats and that,Ours is not ordinary love story.There was not even love involved at all,at least on his part." Hebe said."It is all anger and lust. He never did loved me at all." as the tear misted her eyes...
and took a deep breathe.

"You'll find someone too that will love you.There will be a nice man somewhere who will be just for you.And he will love you and respect you." Ella said as she put her hand on her shoulder."You have so much to give."

Hebe had a dry laughed."And yes,who would like to hook up with me,looking like this." as she touched her growing tummy."I will be just happy with my son.He is all that I need."

"Yes the baby.I can't wait for him.He will be a fine man,with you as a Mom.I am pretty sure of it." Ella said,as they walked in the house.

Jiro finally had alead to the driver of the cab that took Hebe from their house and finally,he got the address where he took her.He can still remember the apartment number he said.It is apartment number 405.Jiro has been buzzing for quite a while now but no answer.And then an older lady came out knowing that he has been standing by the entrance for almost an hour now.

"Excused me sir,what apartment are you buzzing?" she asked,noting the way he dress.He was wearing a suit .

"I was wondering if there is anybody in apartment 405?" Jiro asked.

"Oh,the girls in the apartment,left a week ago.They have luggages with them,I don't think they are back yet,for I just live just across their place." she said.

"Do you have any idea where they went?" Jiro asked.

"I am sorry,I really don't know them well." she answered.

"Thank you for the information." Jiro said as he smiled at her,and as she waited for his move.Jiro has ne choice but to walk out...He will be back.That is the only lead that he has for Hebe for now.He feels that he can find her here and then maybe....he is not too late after all.He wants to see her and he wants to know the progress on her pregnancy.he missed her a lot...Not a day pass that she was not on his mind...if only he could reach for her and ask for her forgiveness......