Jiro and Hebe

The Forbidden Game {Killing Me Softly }

 

It was Monday afternoon and Jiro is on his way back to the city.He is cruising the Interstate 87 coming from Albany to go back to the city .He got a big case there,one of the family cases and yes he has to go to the State Capital for the big  trial.He left the city early morning to be there, at his early court date.And then it is too bad that he needed more time with his client and evidence  ,as he ask for more time from the judge.Somehow his mind has been so scattered lately,thinking about Hebe and the baby and Uncle Sammie.So many things in his thoughts...that it also affected his work.

Uncle Sammie has been quiet and yes feeling lonesome,having to live in the big house by himself.He doesn't even has to say it,that he misses Hebe a lot in the house.He has been brooding and thinking a lot lately.He must have blamed him for Hebe's leaving the house.He is also worried about her condition,knowing she got nobody to take care of her.

Hebe,,Hebe where can she be? He has looked everywhere in the city,and yet could not find her.The lady that he talked to ,the last has terminated her lease in her apartment and didn't leave any forwarding address.He doesn't have any lead at all.The case that is the most important to him,and yet he cannot even solve it.He wondered if she had the baby already. He felt bad enough that Hebe is gone,and to think that she had the baby on her own,and his own baby being born somewhere without him,cut him deep. And he thought that he is already immune through all the pain in the world.....never expected that there are things that  can still be painful and yes can still hurt him...deep.

His stomach has started to rumble ,making sounds,and remembered that he only have a coffee this morning.He was in a hurry in his court appointment and now in a hurry to get back to the office.And now he can feel that he cannot wait anymore until he reach the city.He needs to eat now,before he pass out from hunger and it is already past three oclock in the afternoon.

He stopped at the diner along the way.He exited in one of the quaint town along the way just after the Catskills Mountains.He looked around and all he can see are roling hills and vast fields.The town must be a couple of miles down the highway.He saw the diner right at the entrance of the town as he stop by to have his lunch..The place looks clean enough ,as he decided to have his  lunch there.

And as he entered the place,and sat in one of the table,that the hostess has directed him.He looked out  by the window,and when he looked back,at the waitress in front of him,he could not believe ,who was in front of him....and it is Hebe.She changed somewhere which he could not place. Is it the simpleness in her or is it something more,as he stared at her and uttered her name.

"Hebe???"Jiro asked.His own heart is beating so fast as they stared at each other.Finally he has found her.After all this time,she is just here.But before he can hold her and talk to her,she ran away from him.He followed her as she went inside a door that marked" For Employees Only," as he was stopped by a big burly girl in front of him.

"Excuse me sir,you are not allowed inside of that." she said,as she blocked his entrance.

"i just need to talk to her.I need to talk to Hebe." Jiro said.

"Just wait here while I get her. but you cannot come in." she said.And then she was gone as Jiro waited by the door.It took her  for a few minutes before she can come back...and she has this weird expression in her face.

"I am sorry,sir,she left already for the day." she said.

"But she was just here.She can't be gone just like that." he said.

"I am telling you ,she left already.She is not back there." she said.She got this scary look in her face...

"Can I have her address then,please I just need to talk to her." Jiro said almost pleading.

"I am so sorry,we are not allowed to give out our employees address to anybody.You just have to come back sometime." she said.

Jiro stood there and as he noticed that all the people in the diner are looking at him."Alright,maybe i just have to come back." he said...as he walk out ...

Hebe did not go back to work until after the third day.She was hoping that Jiro won't be that persistent anymore in seeing her.A co worker told her that he was asking for her,and has seen him ,a day after she has seen him.But so far no one has seen him yesterday,so she thought she was safe from him.He must have gone back to New York.

It was an early morning,as Hebe walked in front of the diner,only to find him there standing waiting for her.He stared at her,as she tried to avoid his eyes.Her own heart is beating so fast,she was so nervous and yes so scared at him.

"Hebe,I need to talk to you.Please don't run away from me again." Jiro said.His eyes almost looked like he was pleading for her.Yes just as Ella said,he looked desperate enough.She made the mistake of looking in his eyes as her own heart faltered at his sight.She still love this man,no matter what,she felt it,and yes she just knew it.

"There is nothing to talk about.Whatever it is,it is all in the past now." Hebe said.

"How are you? How are you and the baby???" he asked.

Hebe jolted at the mention of the baby.He is here to take away her baby from her."There is no baby.I lost him.So you don't have to worry about your responsibilities anymore.We don't have a baby,anymore." she said.Did she saw a tear in his eyes or did she just imagined it.but she can see that he was hurting.She was hurting too,seeing him again.

"Hebe,......I... love you." Jiro said,as he almost choked on the words.Hebe closed her eyes when she heard him say that.She has waited for him to say that for the longest time and now...does it still matters anymore???

"You are a little bit late saying that.I don't love you anymore." Hebe said."I have moved on."

"Hebe...I am sorry." Jiro said,"I knew I hurt you before."

"You don't have to say,if don't mean it.Please don't come here anymore.I want to forget that part of my life already.And you coming here will not help me at all.Goodbye Jiro.I hope that this is the last time that I'll be seeing you..I am alright,you don't have to feel guilty anymore.."Hebe said as she walked away from him...

Jiro stood there unable to move.Hebe does not love him anymore and he only have himself to blame.And she lost their baby.He lost the two most important people in his life in one day,as tears came....as he mourned for his lost...