025

If a kiss could kill

Taehyung lowered his gun, with tears on his eyes, he clicked the gun and the gun shot the floor leaving the two break from each other and look at Taehyung, crying.

Jungkook's eyebrows met each other and held Hyoyeon's hands tightly with his.

He has never seen his brother cry like this, he has never seen his brother look so pitiful like this.

Why? Just why?

"You know," Taehyung started and looked still at the floor with the gun on his right hand, "I love Hyoyeon, my brother," Taehyung managed to spat without breaking his voice, "And you," Taehyung pointed at Jungkook's body without looking at him, "I love you too, you're my brother after all, I couldn't kill you," and there he made his cue to lift his head up with his cheek damped by his tears.

Taehyung smiled, widely, the smile he never ever showed to anyone. The smile only the Taehyung he knows can see. The smile that only the mirror has ever seen.

A sincere and a heartbreaking one.

Jungkook felt his heart ache at his brother's state right now, he tried to walk towards him and wanted to hug him. He never hated him, he knew he was always fed up of all the expectations their father has for him because he's Jungkook's brother, nonetheless, twin brother. He knew it was hard for him too.

Taehyung saw him moving but hushed him, "No, don't come near me, I might steal the princess away from you again," and that made Jungkook stop his tracks.

Hyoyeon looked at Taehyung's eyes the same time Taehyung looked at Hyoyeon's eyes. Those eyes are something he could never escape from, it was like a labyrinth trying to keep him down, it was like a cage never letting him see anyone but her. Those eyes are what he fell for.

The disgusted look she makes whenever he's trying to make her his', Taehyung loved everything of that. That hateful scorn she makes on her lips and all those curses she speaks, Taehyung loved it.

He can kill anyone for the princess, that's true, but not his brother- not his twin brother.

He smiled brightly at the princess even though the light was so dim to see anything at this moment. His tears are starting to well up once again as he dropped the gun at the floor and turned his body away from them.

They look so happy while he's suffering here from a heartbreak.

All that he has done for the princess, he was truly in love with her.

Hyoyeon saw Taehyung's hands trembled as he curled it into his palms. She knew that Taehyung wanted to punch somebody or anything at this moment. She knew that everything was painful for him right now.

"Taehyung, do you want a hug?"

Jungkook got frozen at her statement. What is she thinking? Hyoyeon only smiled at Jungkook at pecked his lips once again.

Taehyung smiled at what he heard. It is exactly why he fell in love with her.

"No noona, if I did that, I'll only hurt myself," and with that, he wiped the tears away from his face.

With a small smile on his face, he turned around and looked at the two.

"We should get out by now," Taehyung said without remembering the things he had prepared beforehand.

Jungkook and Hyoyeon walked outside followed by Taehyung behind them. Hyoyeon was looking around the place until their peace was disturbed by the shout of Yoongi, the head of the snipers, "Open fire!"