Chapter 17

Sing to Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minji looked out the car with interest. I wonder where he's taking me. She glanced at Lay, who was smiling himself silly and couldn't help but smile herself. "Can I get a hint of where we're going?" She asked, crossing her arms and fake pouting.

Lay looked at her from the corners of his eyes, only turning his head slightly. "You're not very paitient." He look his hand and lifted it to pinch her cheek. "Nope, you don't get any clues, hints, etc." Lay turned back to look at the road. "We're almost there just hang tight."

Minji groaned and leaned back in her seat. She grabbed her bangs, hanging loose in the front, and started twirling them in her fingers. "So what are we going to do about our parents thinking that we're dating?"

Lay tsked, moving his head lightly from side to side, thinking. "That's a hard one. Maybe we should go with it for a little bit and then 'break up'?" He shrugged. "You have any ideas?" Lay turned his head fully to look at Minji, but she just shook her head as well.

"I don't know. I don't want to lie to them...but they were so happy so maybe we should just let them believe for a little bit." She laughed. "Plus, I don't want me sleeping over at your house to be my first impression to your parents. They would think I have no morals or something." She shuddered at the thought.

"Okay, it's a deal then. We'll 'date' for a bit." Lay stuck out his pinky at Minji. "Pinky promise." Minji intertwined her pinky with his and smiled. Lay looked up at the road sign and his eyes lit up. "We're here! Only have to pull up now." Lay pulled up next to a huge, beautiful building. When he parked, he got out of the car and walked around to Minji's side to open the door for her. "Come on!" Lay held out a had for her take and led her towards the doors.

"But what about the car?" Minji asked, turning around to the unattended car.

"They'll get it." Lay said, nodding towards an employee running towards to his to go park it. "Thank you!" Lay shouted at him. He opened the door, gesturing to inside the building. "After you." Lay lead Minji through a beautiful lobby, into the theatre with a single piano in the center of the stage.

Minji looked around the room, wide-eyed. "Lay, this is so huge! And beautiful." She said, in awe. "Can we even be here right now?" She leaned in and whispered to Lay, grabbing his jacket sleeve.

Lay chuckled and put his arm around her shoulder, leading her down the aisle and onto the stage. "Of course. This theatre is owned by Kris's family. They're kind enough to let us use this space when it's open." Minji opened in shock.

"Well...that explains how amazing their house is." Minji concluded. Lay led her to the piano bench and took a seat next to her. "What are we doing here?"

"Just hold still." Lay said, offering her a smile as he opened up the case, exposing the keys. He gently placed his hands along the keys, then started playing a melody. Minji sat next to Lay smiling because she recognized the melody. As Lay played the last note, they sat in silence. Minji clapped her hands, smiling up at Lay.

"Beautiful. Quite the improvement from last night."

"Thanks." Lay rubbed his neck in embarassement. "Your help was great. You really inspired me." He looked down at her, taking in her image. Beautiful.

Minji cleared , feeling awkward. She hated it when people looked closely at her. "You're welcome. If you need any more help don't hesitate to hit me up." She winked at Lay then laughed.

"Oh, that reminds me." Lay dug around his jacket pockets, looking for an object. He finally pulled out his phone. "I don't have your number."

"Oh, here." Minji reached for his phone and inputed her number.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter