Chapter 16

Sing to Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thankfully Minji's parents weren't home when she got there. She quickly took a shower, changed, and washed Lay's clothes. When should I return these to him? She wandered around aimlessly, waiting for the clothes to dry. To pass time quicker, she went to put makeup on. As she was applying her lipstick she got a call from her mother.

"Hello, mom?"

"Minji! Get ready, put on a nice dress, and meet us at the usual restuarant in two hours. Don't drive, take a taxi!" Her mom hung up before Minji could say anything. She sighed. Now that her parents are back she has to go to all these fancy events she thought bitterly. She got up and walked into her closet, comtemplating which dress to wear. She decided on a elegant black dress as she wasn't sure of how formal this lunch was. 

"If mom doesn't like it, she shouldn't have hung up right away." Minji said, reassuring herself as she pulled her hair up in a bun.

 

 

"Son!" Mrs. Zhang rushed into Lay's music room, shaking him awake, excitedly. 

"Hmm..what? What?" Lay asked, still groggy.

"There's a wonderful breakfast laid out on the table!" Mrs. Zhang squealed. She knew full well it was Minji's doing, but didn't want to lead on to Lay that she knew.

"Oh. Uh..." Lay said, not knowing how to address the issue about Minji staying over. "That must have been my friend."

"What friend? I must know!"

"Lee Minji?" Lay said, not fully awake. 

"Lee Minji? Why, that sounds like my friend's daughter!" Mrs. Zhang said, knowing full well that it was. "Let's have lunch with them as a thank you." She ran out of the room to call Mrs. Lee. "Get ready Yixing!"

After doing his morning routine and showering, Lay put on a black suit and walked into the dining room.

"Honey, our song is so handsome." Mrs. Zhang gushed, looking over the table to her husband.

"This food is amazing. Your friend is a great cook." Mr. Zhang mentioned to his son. "Sit down and eat a little. We're going to meet up with the Lee family to have lunch in three hours."

Lay nodded and sat down to eat with his parents. "How is work?"

"I'd like you to come help out a little more often." His father said. "Things have been picking up and I'm needed overseas more often. You'll be taking over the Seoul branch when you graduate and I'd like you to know it in and out. Now I know you already took two years off school to gain experience, but this is a time where I need you."

"Yes Father." Lay took a bite and smiled at the taste. This girl is amazing. He chuckled to himself, not knowing that his mother was watching him closely.

 

 

"Minji! You're late!" Mrs. Lee ran up to Minji at the front door. 

"Yes, Minji. Very unlike you." Mr. Lee said, walking up.

"Sorry, Mother, Father." Minji bowed in apology. "Mother told me to take a taxi and it took a while to here."

"Nevermind, let's hurry. They've been waiting for a while now already!" Mrs. Lee quickly dragged Minji over to the private room. "Sorry we're late!"

Minji was shocked to see Lay sitting in the room. "Hello, my name is Lee Minji. Nice to meet you." Minji said, bowing low to the Zhangs. She quietly glanced at Lay, shooting him a confused look. Lay just shurgged lightly and greeted her parents.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Lee. It's great to finally meet you, my parents talk highly of you both." Lay bowed towards the Lee.

"Such a well mannered young man." Mrs. Lee said. She quickly ushered her family to sit down. 

"Let's eat." Mr. Zhang said, motioning to the waiter. "I hope you don't mind, but I already ordered f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter