Bae Bae

Yoonsing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sounds of paper shuffling filled the office until a knock abruptly stopped the noise for a second. “Come in.” Jiyong replied, buried five feet deep into various contracts.

“Ready for dinner tonight?” Daesung walked in and asked.

“I guess,” setting his pen down on the table, Jiyong stood up and strode over to the large windows behind him. He peered down the building, hands stuffed in his pockets, observing the people outside. It was around five o’clock which meant rush hour. People bumped into each other without apologizing and hurried to their next destination.

“If we get this deal, we’ll be set for the next 10 years.” Daesung encouraged, noting the envious stare Jiyong was giving to the citizens in the streets. Lately, his friend seemed to be under more stress than usual, no doubt from the deal they were making today, but there was also something else. He couldn’t quite put a finger on it but whatever it was, it had Jiyong on edge.  

“We can go to zero after to celebrate.” He continued when his friend/co-worker didn’t respond, referring to the club zero.

Jiyong nodded not really hearing what Daesung was saying, he wished he were like the people down there. Normal, happy, free.

“Anyway, you’ll do great today.” Daesung patted the CEO of Kwon Inc. in the shoulder and quietly left the office, leaving Jiyong to his own thoughts.

His phone vibrated a few minutes later. Upon glancing at the name on the glowing screen, Jiyong immediately picked it up. “Hello?” He tried answering without out expressing too much enthusiasm.

“Hi,” A soft and feminine voice replied. “I just landed.”

“I’ll pick you up in thirty.” He offered swiftly, already grabbing his keys off of the table.

“It’s okay, I’ll just catch a cab.” Yoona declined, “We can meet after I take a shower.”

“No, I want to pick you up.” Jiyong insisted and cringed at how needy he sounded. A big grin spread across his face showing off his pearly whites when she agreed a minute later. It’s been over a month since he’s last seen her, he couldn’t wait any longer to see her. While in the elevator he suddenly realized his still had the business deal in an hour. Hitting the speed dial, he waited for the receiver to pick up. “Daesung ah, you’re going to have to go to the meeting by yourself. Something came up.”

“What? Hyung, you can’t do this!” Daesung shouted over the phone but was already hung up on.

Twenty minutes later, he oversped a little, he parked in front of a bench where she sat waiting for him. She was as gorgeous he remembered her to be. “Yoona,” he called out her name, breaking her attention from her phone. The minute she was within arms’ length, he pic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter