Drifting Off in the Truth

Lift Off

“Rinnie, you ride me with me.” Green suggested as he patted her back, “You can have the aux cord.”

 

She nodded as she looked at everyone else, “Haeran, JinAe, ride with us?”

 

The two girls agreed as the rest of the guys were deciding who they were going to take.

 

“I have to go home first to grab some cash, so I’ll have to drive alone. Taehyung, Jungkook, Jimin, ride with Namjoon. Yoongi can ride with Hoseok and Taeji, and we’ll all meet at the food court.”

 

Yoongi felt uncomfortable knowing he’d have to be in the same car as the couple, especially since one was unfaithful, “Uhh, can I just ride with Green? Rather just give the couple some time alone.”

 

Green shrugged, “Yeah, whatever, it’s fine.”

 

When everyone was walking to the cars, Yoongi caught up to Hye Rin, “You know, I really didn’t want to be in Hoseok’s car because I knew if I was there, I’d probably ruin their relationship, but he cares way too much for her for me to hurt him like that.”

 

“It’s understandable. I can sense his affection also, that’s why I’ll wait until he becomes comfortable to say anything...even though I know it’ll hurt him more if he finds out we were hiding it from him.” she explained, “I hate to hurt him, but right now, he’s just too much in love.”

 

All of a sudden, Yoongi was pushed to the side, and now Green was walking next to the girl, “Hey, Rinnie. What do you feel like eating today?”

 

She looked up at him and shrugged, “I don’t know. I’ll probably think of something when we’re at the food court.”

 

Yoongi looked at his cousin then at the girls, “I have the biggest feeling that he has a crush on her…”

 

“You don’t say?” JinAe chuckled, “It’s so obvious, I can’t believe she hasn’t noticed it yet.”

 

Haeran shrugged, “However, he’s always with her...calling her pet names and everything else. She’s bound to feel uncomfortable sooner or later. She’ll see it one day.”

 

Once the five of them got in the car, Green started driving to the mall which they were supposed to go to.

 

It was quite quiet, actually. None of the loud ones were in the same car as them, and only song lyrics were heard.


 

And now I’m missing your love, Ima roll up

I’m faded once again, I don’t know where I am,

but I just know I’m drifting far from you.

I’m tryna keep my head strong, but my heart

won’t let me grow away from you.

Don’t you know we’re drifting off?

I know you think that it’s my fault we’re falling off

All this hope and disregard, drifting off

I know you think there ain’t no fault, I fall apart.

And now I’m missing your love

 

Yoongi cleared his throat, “Hey Green? Is it okay if you make a quick stop at the nearest bank? I need to withdraw a bit of money if I want to buy stuff.”

 

The driver was straight through it, “No, if you wanted money, you could’ve just rode with Jin hyung and make a layover instead of going with us.”

 

However, the other boy was used to his attitude, “Alright, dang. I’ll just find an ATM at the mall and pay extra. Not a problem.”

 

“What? Are you being sarcastic with me? You’re just one of my passengers rig-”

 

Hye Rin got sick of their conversation and slammed her hand on the armrest, “Green Kim! Why are you always so rude to Yoongi? He’s your cousin for crying out loud! Give him some respect.”

 

Green shook his head, “He’s not my cousin. We may have grew up together, but never will I think of him as a member of my family.”

 

“You, we’re not supposed to talk about our family since they aren’t from En-” Yoongi spoke before he got cut off.

 

The girl in the front seat looked back at him, shocked as she cut off his sentence, “I thought you were a distant family member who was born in Busan… If you’re from where I think you are...and you’re from the Kim family...are you the Pri-” she began to figure the puzzle before she, too, was cut off.

 

“STOP!” Green screamed as he stepped on the brakes at a stoplight, “Us four are talking about this later, but not now.”

 

----

 

Green pulled on Namjoon’s jacket, “Hey. We need to talk about something...I think she knows.”

 

He turned around, “Wait, what? About what?”

 

“What the three of us have been trying to hide from her since she has a strong viewpoint about it and the fact that he’s still in recovery.”

 

That’s when Namjoon lost his temper, “You what?! How did this happen?!”

 

Green started getting timid, “It was my fault, I got mad at Yoongi and then she got involved. Look, we need to find a private place to talk before you actually hit me.”

 

Namjoon sighed as he told the rest of their friends that they had to leave, saying that they had to take care of something and would be back within an hour or two.

 

----

 

The four of them arrived at Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jungkook’s apartment within fifteen minutes, and once the door closed, Namjoon stared down Green, “Okay, you’d better explain.”

 

The one at fault sat on the couch, “I accidentally said that I never considered Yoongi as part of my family even though we grew up together. Hye Rin knows where we grew up, and she’s figured that he’s from Enia too because of that.”

 

“I know that there are only three main male Kims currently still living in the Duke line. I may never remember you all as Royal figures, but I do know basic facts about your family.” Hye Rin stated, “One of you is the Prince unless my family pulled another servant stunt, and if one of you actually is him, you better say it now. I’ve spent months trying to feel like I’m back home, like I’m the Princess again, and if I know the Prince is still alive, we can talk about the country and how to maintain it once we get back.”

 

Namjoon sighed, “Your family didn’t do the same thing as they did with your Father...the current Prince is still alive, and he is from the Duke line.”

 

“Which one of you three? That’s all I want to know. I may not remember his face, but hell, I want to know for the sake of my country!” the girl exclaimed, almost in tears, “I have sacrificed a lot of things because of my love for Enia, so if either three of you admit that you’re the Prince, that’d be damn well fantastic.”

 

Namjoon put his hand to his face and ‘wiped’ his anger away, “The Prince...is Yoongi. We wanted to tell you…”

 

“But we never did because we know you never even once made eye contact with him, you never saw his face, you never once heard his voice or converse with him.” Green started to speak.

 

Yoongi stopped his cousin from speaking, “It’s not just that, but something happened to me during the invasion. There was a bad impact to my head, and I lost my all memory. Simple as that. I do know that I was Prince, but I don’t remember you as a person. I know your real name is Haewon, and I know that we’re supposed to rule Enia together, but that’s about it. Neither do I remember our country; Green and Namjoon teach me quite often about Enia to help me remember, but I can’t. All I know is that I woke up in Seoul being told that I’m a Prince of a Royal country, and that I miraculously woke up after an explosion. Yes, I am the Prince, but I don’t feel like it.”

 

The girl was speechless, “Then...what’s your real name? Wasn’t it Kim Hyeonjoon?”

 

The revealed Prince shook his head, “No. From what I was taught, my real name is actually Min Yoongi.”

 

Namjoon patted Yoongi’s shoulder, “I know everything, so let me explain. Yoongi is actually the oldest of all three of us, and he is actually Green’s half-brother. Of course, our country’s media outlets doesn’t always follow the Duke’s family, it’s always your family since you are the highest of us all.”

 

The storyteller sat down on the couch next to Yoongi, “Their father had a woman that he loved dearly, he planned to marry her and everything, and they were pregnant with him.”

 

He caught his breath, “However, Yoongi’s mom passed away from childbirth, and he was kept a secret to everyone. Their father quickly met a woman after her, and that is Green’s mom. But let me ask you, Hye Rin. Do you remember who your Mother or Father said birthed Hyeonjoon?”

 

She nodded, “Mother said that he was the Duke’s nephew from his sister, basically it was your mother. So... she lied?”

 

“Sadly.” he answered, “To keep the media from twisting the story, it was decided that the Duke would only be known for having only one son, and that his sister had two children before passing away from cancer, since no media outlet would bother with anyone from the family that wasn’t the Duke.”

 

Hye Rin started to understand the real truth, “So...when Green failed the interview, Yoongi was there?”

 

Namjoon shook his head, “No, he was ill with the flu that night. However, your mother was impressed by his behavior during a visit to the Duke’s residence, and they talked about plans of making him the Prince once they stepped down. And there, that’s about it.”

 

Green stepped in, “The country is that complicated, and now you know everything. Don’t be too hard on Yoongi, even though I well aware know that I am. He’s still recovering, and don’t force him to learn too much of the country, the medical department at the RPA (Royal Protection Agency) recommended that we slowly help him until he is able to recover about half of his memories, then show him our former lifestyle by doing some traditions.”

 

Hye Rin understood as she walked up to Yoongi, only for him to stand up himself.

 

“It’s nice knowing that someone I trusted actually is the one I was supposed to wed. But for now, I will only think of you as the Min Yoongi whom I met by Green when I first came to Korea, for your sake.”

 

Yoongi bowed his head quite a bit, “Same goes for you, you will be my music partner and one of my good friends until I recover my memories. Thank you, Hye Rin.”

 

 
Hello everyone!!! I'm back with a new chaper pretty quickly, I would say. I have a tough schedule now, having five classes and I just started working so it's hard for me to fit in a chapter every once in awhile. This is lowkey a Valetine's special...but the real Valentine chapter and White Day chapter will be posted based on the setting on the story. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, bye guys!