A New Acquaintance

Lift Off

“Agent 17, have you found the Prince or the Princess?”

 

“No, sir. But I have ran into someone who has a connection with who I suspect is the Princess.” an anonymous person on the phone said back, “I have not been able to find any evidence of the Prince.”

 

The other man on the line sighed, “Eliminate her, quickly. If you prove to yourself that it is her, remove her from this world as soon as possible. Do I make myself clear?”

 

“I understand, your highness. We will not let that stuck-up Princess Haewon stop the control Glassice wishes to take from Enia. As long as you eliminate everyone who has a stop to the Enian throne, we will succeed.”

 

“I promise I will do my best, my King.”

 

----

 

It was a Saturday, and Hye Rin was just watching ordinary television in her room.

 

“Hye Rin-ah!” she heard Mi Cha call out for her from downstairs, “Will you please come down? I have a favor to ask of you!”

 

The young girl got off her bed and hurriedly followed her voice to the kitchen, “Yes, Mi Cha?”

 

She saw her “foster mother” wearing an apron, cleaning the kitchen, “I have to cook soon, and I forgot to buy a few things at the grocery store. But I still have to clean the house...can you go across the street to buy them?”

 

She nodded, “Not a problem. What do you need me to buy?”

 

“Onions and ginger, that should be it. Just take a little bit of money from my wallet and just go. It shouldn’t cost over 10,000 won.” Mi Cha answered.

 

Hye Rin smiled and walked over to the older lady’s wallet to grab a little bit of change, “I’ll be buying a bag of chips if there’s some money left over! I’ll be back!” she laughed as she walked over to the door, walking out before Mi Cha could oppose.

 

The girl skipped her way down to the nearest grocery store, and was about to cross the street before she noticed someone nearby, “Hoseok!”

 

The cheerful boy was with another girl, and they both went to her, “Oh hey, Hye Rin! How are you doing? But by the way, this is Taeji, she’s my girlfriend.”

 

Hye Rin smiled as she bowed slightly, “It’s nice to meet you, I hope that you’ve been taking care of Hoseok well.”

 

“Mhm. It’s nice to meet you also.” the girl only responded lightly.

 

Hoseok smiled at his girlfriend and back at Hye Rin, “Well, it’s obvious that we’re out on a date, so we should be going. But Taeji finally agreed to hang out with everyone earlier, so we’ll see you on Monday at the usual spot. We’ll see you!” he waved at her before they both walked straight.

 

The girl left behind stared at them before the crosswalk allowed her to walk, and she walked across the street. She’s done most everything so far.

 

She spent about ten minutes in the grocery store looking for the most normal looking onions and ginger, and grabbed a few boxes of Pocky before heading back home.

 

Living as a normal teenager was good for her so far. She finally started fitting in, and got to know more friends. She did want to go back home, though; even more than Green and Namjoon probably do.

 

Hye Rin looked up at the sky and sighed, “Mom, Dad… I miss you.” she held on to her necklace pendant before using her key to get inside her apartment building.

 

When she went inside their apartment unit, she placed the things she had to buy on the kitchen counter, “I’m back, Mi Cha!” she grabbed the Pocky that she bought and hurriedly went back upstairs to her room.

 

...Obviously it wasn’t much a fun weekend.

 

----

 

Haeran woke up to a text message from her new best friend, reading:

 

"Haeran! Wake up and get to school before I start spam calling you again!"

 

The half asleep girl laughed at Hye Rin's personality, and got up to get ready for her first class of the day. When she went downstairs to get breakfast, one of her maids ran to her, "Miss Haeran! Your driver ended up getting sick, and your parents already left for work at the corporation while we tried telling them...we're so sorry!"

 

The worried maids mentally woke up the girl, "Oh, that's okay. I don't mind taking bus to school."

 

“But Miss Lee! Your father will be very mad at us if we allow you to use public transportation!”

 

She rolled her eyes, “Tell the old hag that I’m old enough, alright? If he’s going to entitle me with our business then he should probably start to trust me with being myself. And please, don’t treat me like a princess. I’m just a human being, nothing more, nothing less.”

 

When she got back to her room, she looked at the bus schedules online, seeing the next bus was in about twenty minutes. She quickly got prepared for the day, and walked out of her house, finally feeling free.

 

The bus came to her bus stop and walked in to pay the fee; when she looked for a seat, she noticed that Taehyung was in the same bus.

 

“Hey, Haeran!” he exclaimed her name when he saw her, and removed his backpack from the empty spot, “Here, you can sit here with me.”

 

She smiled at him as she sat down next to him, “Good Morning, Taehyung.”

 

“Morning! I’ve never seen you on this bus before, don’t you have a driver?” he questioned.

 

The girl nodded, “Yeah, I do. But he’s quite sick right now, so you may see me here for the next couple of days.”

 

Taehyung grinned, “I finally have a bus buddy!”

 

“A what…?”

 

"A bus buddy! Like having a friend tag along with you on the bus, you don't remember that?"

 

Haeran sighed, "This isn't elementary school anymore, Taehyung."

 

"I know," he started, "None of the guys take this bus to school since their classes start later and they carpool unlike me...so I've been taking bus alone all semester."

 

The girl sighed as she smiled and patted his head, "It's okay, Taehyung...it's okay."

 

Throughout their forty-five minute bus ride, the two hit off their conversation after Haeran almost slipped off from her seat.

 

"...Do you want the window seat before you fall down?" Taehyung asked her.

 

She nodded, "That sounds like a good idea. Let's switch at the next bus stop."

 

It took less than a minute for the next stop, and the two switched their seats.

 

"Are you really that clumsy?"

 

Haeran shook her head, "Only when I'm tired. Trust me, Hye Rin is the biggest klutz you'll ever meet."

 

The boy laughed at her, "So what class do you have first?"

 

"I have History of Asian Civilizations first. What about you?"

 

"I have Walking Fitness at 10:10. Is your History class fun? I head some things about that class and how it's pretty funny."

 

Haeran got confused when he said 'walking fitness,' "Did you just say that you have a class where you just speedwalk around?"

 

Taehyung just smiled, "I figured that you'd laugh when I told you. I missed the registration period, and I wanted Weight Training, but that was the only physical class available."

 

"...Wow."

 

"But I'm taking Weight Training next semester, so it's all good! I just really wanted to take that class before I graduate."

 

Haeran sighed, "Walking Fitness... There were so many other classes available, but you choose that..."

 

"It was either that class or Yoga, and I'm not fond of Yoga."

 

The girl just sighed again, "It's not bad at all. I was thinking of taking it next semester."

 

Taehyung shrugged, "At least we don't do much while we walk~ So it's an easy A."

 

For the rest of the bus ride, the girl could not believe that someone in her group of friends actually took a class where the only thing you had to do was walk.

 

When they reached school, they got off the bus and started walking to the dining hall, where they would end up saying goodbye for now.

 

"I'll see you, Haeran! Have fun in your History class~" Taehyung smiled as he gave her a hug.

 

She hugged him back, "And you have fun in your...walking class..."

 

When Taehyung was finally nowhere to be seen, Haeran started laughing, "Walking class... That boy... He really took a walking class..."

 

----

 

After her History class, Haeran decided to pass by the track since it was a shortcut to the group's hangout spot.

 

And right when she looked over, there was the only and only Taehyung, walking around the track.

 

"Oh my gosh..." She murmured to herself, "I don't know why it's still so funny to me." She shook her head and walked off.

 

When she reached the hangout spot, there was already Namjoon and Hye Rin sitting down, having a nice conversation, "Hey guys. What have you two been up to?"

 

"Nothing too important." Namjoon answered, "Did you just come from class?"

 

Haeran nodded, "Yeah, but I have another at 12:10, so I won't be able to stay long. What about you guys?"

 

"I have my Literature class class in an hour. I've been here since nine in the morning.” Hye Rin sighed, “And I’ve gotten hungry…”

 

“Then go to the bookstore and get a snack?” the other girl suggested.

 

The former Princess shook her head, “It’s too long of a walk… Plus I texted Yoongi to get me something.”

 

“Lazy…” the two of them commented, blunt at the truth.

 

Within thirty minutes, Green, Taehyung, Yoongi, and Jungkook were coming to their break area.

 

“Good morning, everyone!” Taehyung greeted ecstatically, “How has everyone’s day been so far? Anyone else tired?”

 

Haeran just looked at him blankly, “You’re tired…? You just had your speedwalking class...how are you tired?!”

 

He just shrugged, “I was walking the entire time, it’s not that easy.”

 

Namjoon chuckled, “Yeah, like walking around the track is hard.” he said sarcastically.

 

“We walked up the long stairs too. That burned my legs so bad…”

 

That’s when everyone started looking at each other in agreement.

 

“True…” Yoongi thought out loud.

 

Everyone started laughing to the point where they all started falling to the grass, almost losing their voice from laughing. Most of their stomachs even started to hurt also. It was funny also, within a few weeks, they already looked so close.

 

When they started calming down though, that’s when Hoseok and his girlfriend came in, “Hey guys! How was class? By the way, I don’t think you guys formally met Taeji.”

 

Everyone in their area gave her a smile, “Nice to meet you!” Jungkook smiled, “Hoseok has said a lot of good things about you.”

 

The girl nodded, “That’s good then. It’s nice to meet you all also.”

 

Hye Rin felt weird though...why wasn’t this girl actually acting like she was Hoseok’s girlfriend? She doesn’t even look happy to be near him. Sure, she’s never been in love before, but she knew it wasn’t like that.

 

----

 

“We’ll see you guys!” Hye Rin waved at the others, with Yoongi waving at them too since the both of them had to go to their class.

 

Once the two were walking off, the girl looked at Yoongi, “Hey… Is it just me, or does something about Taeji seem off to you?”

 

He shook his head, “No. Why do you think that?”

 

“Nothing.” Hye Rin brushed it off, “I don’t know, I just don’t like her vibe.”

 

“Well… You just met her, and first impressions are usually a bit bad, trust me. Just give it some time, I’m sure she’ll open up sooner or later.”

 

The former princess sighed, “I don’t know…”

 

 

Next update??? Wow even with stressful college work, I'm on a roll and can still update weeky xD Oh well, I'll see y'all in the next chapter!