Oh, Brother

Lift Off

“I talked about Glassician spies being around the area trying to find them, and he goes off accusing me of being one of them! I freaking hate this guy…” Taichi exclaimed as he angrily breathed out, obviously bothered by his encounter with Yoongi earlier.

 

Green chuckled in annoyance as he ran his hand down his face, “How do you think I feel? I hate this guy too, you can’t even imagine. I’ve had to take care of him when he came in along with Namjoon, and taking care of his amnesiac personality really pisses me off. He’s not right to be the Prince, let alone the next King. When Enia gets rebuilt, we need a man who is able to stand his ground and lead with her. I know for a fact that he can’t do that because he may never recover his full memory. Plus, imagining him with Hye Rin really upsets me.”

 

The other boy shrugged as they both stayed silent, until Green spoke up once again.

 

“I have a plan.”

 

Taichi glanced over at him, “What?”

 

“We need to get rid of him somehow. I can’t stand the thought of him, and there’s no way he leave unless we get rid of him permanently. We can work together to erase him from the throne. It’s possible, Taichi, we can do this.”

 

That idea, however, made the other surprised, “We what?” he questioned angrily, “Okay, Green. I get it, we both don’t like him at all. But who are we to do that? I understand you were originally supposed to be Prince, but you’re not. As much as I want the new line of hierarchy to be well developed, he’s who our Kingdom officials chose to rule.”

 

Green was confused that he didn’t understand what he was talking about, “But hey, if we ge-”

 

“No!” Taichi screamed, “I’m not doing that for you! I didn’t ask to get dragged into seeing her again, and I didn’t ask for me to get hurt again. You made me look like a fool when I first showed up, and I’m upset about it especially because it was in front of the woman I love! As much as I love her, I don’t want to be dragged by you again, this time if we’re hurting something, or someone that now means something to her. I may hate him, but I can’t do that. And because you’re actually proposing that idea, it just shows how much of an you are. You just don’t care about Haewon, you’re also just extremely power hungry. That’s disgusting, Green, that really is. Especially coming from you, the Duke’s son, the Prince’s BROTHER. You can’t just kill family.”

 

Green was obviously very agitated, “He’s not my brother, don’t ever call him that! My father conceived him with a ing commoner, he’s nothing but someone that originated from the streets.”

 

The other boy glared at him, “You’re kidding. Just because his mother was a commoner before she passed? A middle class Enian? Don’t you know, you’re talking to someone like that right now, and that offends me. Don’t you even think about calling people like us commoners because we’re lower than you. You’re just the Duke’s son and nothing else. Just because the Duke’s bloodline has the ability to sit down on the throne doesn’t mean sh*t. Your mother and father are both from royal families, which make you full-blooded Royalty, right? But where are you now? Are you the Prince now? I don’t think so. Your “commoner” brother is, and honestly, now that I know your true intentions makes me glad that he’s the Prince...because at least he has a better heart. Bet I can see why he and I are on Haewon’s good side, because commoners are good people, unlike your kind. You disgust me, Green.” Taichi spat as he opened the front door and walked out of his apartment, slamming the door behind him.

 

The girl’s past lover kept walking until he reached the end of the residential area. He sighed as he crouched down and squatted, “As much as I still want to be with her, I can’t do that to him. I can’t bear to see her sad even though she barely knows him… She warms up with others easily, just like how we first met. Haewon would be devastated if something happened to him.”

 

That’s when Taichi realized something important, “Nothing will stop Green in getting what he wants. I have to tell Namjoon before he even starts planning anything…” he stood back up as he grabbed his phone from his pocket, calling Namjoon as he started running to his apartment that he shared with Yoongi and Jungkook.

 

“Hello?” Namjoon greeted when he answered the call, “Who is this?”

 

The boy sounded exhausted, “Namjoon, it’s me, Taichi. I got your number from Haewon, if you’re wondering. I have something really important to tell you, I’m on my way to your house right now. I think I remember the address since we passed by yesterday, but I’ll be there in ten minutes, this is urgent.”

 

He sounded confused on the other line, “Oh, okay. If it’s about either Hye Rin or Yoongi, we have to talk in my car or something because Jungkook is home and he doesn’t know anything.”

 

“I don’t care,” Taichi said, “it doesn’t matter where we talk, but if anything, please get me some water, I’m really tired right now.”

 

“Will do. Just ring the doorbell when you’re here and we’ll talk. I’ll see you soon then.” he said as he hung up.

 

Taichi knew that he wasn’t comfortable with talking to someone he barely knows, because he’s the Duke’s nephew, people knew a lot of things about him.

 

When the boy got to Namjoon’s house, he rang the doorbell, and the front door opened in less than five seconds.

 

“Dude, you look worn out. What did you do, run all the way here?”

 

He breathed in and out heavily, “Yeah, pretty much…”

 

Namjoon held a bottled water in his hand, “Want to talk after I give you this? But wait, is it about who I think it is?”

 

The boy nodded, “I guess your car works fine.”

 

----

 

“So...what you’re telling me, is that Green wants to hurt him, potentially kill him?” Namjoon questioned angrily.

 

Taichi nodded, “Basically. I’m going to try to stop him, because he sounded very serious when he told me his plans.”

 

The older one of the two groaned, “He thinks he can do anything that he wants because he’s the supposed real blood and real heir of the throne. It won’t work that way, he can’t do everything.”

 

The other boy sighed, “I get it. I’ll help you too. Because I may not like Yoongi myself, but Hye Rin seems to care and I care about everything she cares about.”

 

“Thank you very much, Taichi. But please, don’t tell Hye Rin that he’s preying on Yoongi, because I know she’ll freak out.”

 

He nodded again, “I know, I know her too well to not forget that she’ll freak. I promise I won’t tell her and stop Green before she finds out herself.”

 

Namjoon leaned back on his chair as he sighed, “I really just can’t believe that he’d actually kill his own brother because of envy and greed… How stupid can he be?”

 

“He never looked at Yoongi as his brother, or even half-brother to begin with, so I can see why. But then again, if I were in his shoes, I’d just let it be because neither he nor I would benefit from it.”

 

“That’s exactly why he’s stupid. Because he doesn’t see what the hell can happen from this.”

 

Taichi looked away from him, “I know, and I hope he realizes it soon…”

 

“Just promise me this.” Namjoon started.

 

The other boy looked at him, “What?”

 

“Either one of us has to be with Green at all times, or with Yoongi even. If Yoongi’s at home, we’ll be good. However if he’s out with Hye Rin at times, then either one of us has to be with Green. It’s going to hurt our free time, and maybe our hearts, but it’ll only benefit them.”

 

Taichi looked surprised, “Wait, your heart too? ...Do you, by chance, have a crush on Haewon?”


He looked down, “Unfortunately, I do.”


Hellloooooo everyone! Thank you for reading this chapter, I should be updating again later today or tomorrow before I go to work. I hope you guys like this one, but I really do hope that you all like the next chapter. I'll see you there!