Trust

Lift Off

Hye Rin started panicking, "W-Who are you...? What are you to Enia?!"

 

"Princess, please. Calm down. I'm honestly on your side. Please let me explain myself. My name is really Kim Namjoon, I'm the nephew of the Duke, and I was assigned here to watch over the alliance Enia shares with South Korea and to hopefully run into you if you were ever brought here. Now that you're in front of me, it proves that you have. Listen, I'm here to protect you."

 

The girl was still shocked, "How are you the Duke's nephew... I don't remember you..."

 

He sighed, "I promise that I am. And Princess, Green is the Duke's son. The last time we saw you was during a formal dinner we had almost over five years ago, there was no way you would've remembered us." He grabbed her hand, "Listen, Green and I are loyal to our country as much as you are. We are here to help you, we'll be here for you if you ever miss home because there are times where we miss it too. Please, believe us."

 

She gulped, "I... I believe you. You sound sincere, and you don't sound like you were lying to me. But if I may, can I please have the chance to speak to the Duke?"

 

"Unfortunately, Green found out that his father was killed by the explosion, so no one can anymore."

 

Hye Rin was shocked once again, "Who else passed after the explosion?"

 

"Almost everyone in the Kingdom," he answered, "We were hoping to protect you the most because we know you have the biggest capability of reconstructing Enia."

 

She nodded in understanding with an expression of pity, "I see. So my parents entitled the country to me?"

 

Namjoon nodded, "Yes, you would have control over Enia within a few years anyway. So we only have you left, technically."

 

"Will you ever go back to Enia?"

 

He shrugged, "Maybe one day. We're not required to, especially me. Since Green is the Duke's son, the position may be passed to him. I don't hold much importance to the royal families anyway."

 

She looked at him, "But you're still related to them."

 

"Extended. If I was a child of his from another woman, the position would be passed down to me but I'm not. The Duke doesn't have much roles in the castle anyway. It's just to help the King and Queen make decisions."

 

Still confused, Hye Rin sighed, "But doesn't the heir of the Duke position usually take role of the Prince if anything? So why wasn't Green the prince instead?"

 

Namjoon chuckled, "I knew you would ask that. When we had dinner with you and your family

around five years ago, no one but Green's parents and your parents knew that it was actually his marriage interview with you. Your parents ruled that he wasn't fit to be King, so he was scrapped from the thought and was replaced. That's why Green started to change once he found out, but when he finally did, he was already replaced."

 

"Speaking of the Prince... What happened to him? I caught sight of him before the last explosion I heard, but I don't know if he ran away before that."

 

He became quiet for awhile, "No one knows. If we had news about that, I would've told you."

 

She nodded in understanding, "I see. Then, since I believe everything you have just said, then thank you for answering my questions, Namjoon. It's very nice to know that I have people like you and Green by my side."

 

"Once I tell Green that you're here...then there's no way that either he or I will let you out of our sight, and we'll be there if you need us. We care about anyone who's part of our country."

 

Hye Rin smiled, "Really, thank you..."

 

That's when she heard her phone ring and saw the caller ID, "Oh, it's my helper...the one I tell everyone that's my mom. She must be out front now."

 

"I'll walk you to your car. It's only right for me to." He stood up and helped her stand.

 

She nodded, "Thank you, Namjoon."

 

The two began walking out to the pick up spot together and when they reached the car, Namjoon and Mi Cha had a conversation, almost exactly like the conversation he and Hye Rin had earlier.

 

----

 

When Namjoon saw them drive away, he immediately took out his phone and called his cousin, "Green, how long have you known Hye Rin?"

 

"Ever since she moved here. Why? What's up?"

 

Namjoon groaned, "You're an idiot, she's Princess Haewon.”

 

Green sounded confused on the other line, “What? She’s the Princess? How could have you known it’s her? It couldn’t be…”

 

“Well then, you’re an idiot. If you haven’t noticed, if she was from France, she would’ve had an accent, and she doesn’t. And if you look closely, she looks and still kind of acts like Haewon. You were supposed to marry her but you can’t even tell that it’s her.”

 

His cousin groaned from the other line, “I could have. If only he didn’t take what was rightfully mine. It still pisses me off...however, that’s not important right now. What did you tell her?”

 

Namjoon sighed, “Everything she needed to know, for now. But look, I know you have the strongest distaste for the Prince, but we have to respect him because of his position now.”

 

“Did you tell her that the Pri-”

 

“No. She doesn’t need to know right now. Where are you? Did Seokjin drop you off home already?”

 

“Yeah, I got home five minutes ago. I’m just glad you didn’t call me while I was in his car.” Green told him.

 

Namjoon rolled his eyes, “You wouldn’t have answered me anyway, stupid.”

 

Green chuckled, “You’re too accustomed to life here already. Look, I know you’ve been trying so hard to track the Princess ever since the was brought here. Now that she’s in our sight, take a break and go to sleep. It’s still a school day tomorrow. Are you guys going to come back to the spot from yesterday?”

 

“Mhm.” Namjoon started, “We’ll be there. Make sure to bring the picture our family took with the Princess’s family so we have actual proof that we’re on her side. I can tell that she’s scared of running into a Glassician.”

 

“Got it, hyung. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

With that, they hung up the phone, only to await for tomorrow.

 

----

 

Hye Rin came out of her Human Biology lecture, only to see Green waiting for her at one of the benches, “Hey.”

 

He smiled as he got up, handing her the same picture he and his cousin spoke of the previous night, “Here. I think you can tell where Namjoon and I are.”

 

She took a good look at the picture and looked up at him, “You’re right. Well, I would have believed you anyway...I mean, Namjoon at that. I trust him, I trust you too. Thank you, Green."

 

Green nodded with a small smile, "You're welcome, H- what do you want me to call you?"

 

"Hye Rin, please. I'm going to make sure that everyone calls me by that name so I don't slip up." She answered, "Yes, my name is Park Hye Rin. Don't you dare call me by my real name."

 

He chuckled, "Alright, Miss Hye Rin~ Now let's go to our spot before your next class. You have an hour and a half break, right?"

 

She nodded as they started walking, "But I don't want to go to Music class... Why did Mi Cha put me as that major...?"

 

"Just change it next semester. Or just go undecided since you're going to go back to Enia sooner or later."

 

Hye Rin shrugged, "You're right... I don't know how long the war will be, but I know that it's going to take some time. But honestly, I think it'll take at least a year or two, knowing the Glassice officials... They're going to fight against the army my family put up."

 

When they reached their spot, they both sat down, "Hey... Tell me about your family."

 

For some reason, she started laughing, "You want to know more about my family? Don't you know how all marriages between the King and Queen work? How we would've ended up if we were to marry each other?"

 

Green felt bad for her, but became devastated when he saw a tear falling from the corner of her eye, "H-hey... Don't, don't cry, Hye-ah."

 

She sighed, "My parents' marriage was ridiculous behind closed doors. I grew up was hearing them arguing because obviously, they never truly loved each other and had to keep that so-called chemistry to the rest of the country. Now that I think about it, I'm glad we ended up not having to marry each other. You wouldn't be stuck in hell like I would have been."

 

He nodded in understanding, just looking at her, "I-I'm sorry, Hye-ah. I shouldn't have said anything."

 

Hye Rin shook her head, "No, it's okay... You know, there have been days since I came here, when I hope I could be able to say sorry to the Prince for almost putting him in misery..."

 

Green looked away, "What if I told you that the Pr-"

 

"GREEN!!!" a couple of voices called out.

 

They both looked and they saw both Yoongi and Jungkook walking towards them. The younger one of the two was running as the other took his sweet time to get to the spot.

 

When the two both sat down, Hye Rin immediately changed her tone, "How are you guys today? Just got out of class?"

 

Yoongi nodded, "I just got out of my Literature class, and I have my Music class pretty soon."

 

She looked at him and tilted her head, "Music 200 at 12:35 with Professor Go?"

 

He nodded once again, this time slowly, "Yeah... Do you have it too?"

 

"I do... How come I’ve never see you then?"

 

Yoongi laughed, "I sit in the back and work alone during composing days, that's probably why."

 

She smiled, "Since we know each other now, we should work together. My partner is...kinda iffy."

 

He nodded with a smile, "Sure, I want to see what you can make when it comes to music."

 

Green looked at the both of them, "So you two have become good friends, huh?"

 

Jungkook noticed the tone in his voice, as he sat next to him, "Are you jealous?" He whispered.

 

The other boy looked at the younger one, "Hell no. She's just one of my friends like all of you are."

 

The younger boy nudged him, "Really~? Please~ You smile whenever you look at her~"

 

Green pushed him away, "Jeon Jungkook! She's right there, you freaking idiot! If she heard you, I'm going to push you off a cliff!"

 

The both of them looked at the other two talking about their music class, obviously didn't hear a word they said, "Phew..." They both breathed out.

 

Yoongi laughed, "I mean, music class isn't that bad. The only con is that we have to send in one composition a week and not a lot of people have their own personal way of making music."

 

The girl nodded with enthusiasm, "Exactly! Like my parents don't have money for a lot of stuff since we recently moved back a few months ago. But eh, at least I finish my composition with my partner...well, more like I do it all myself."

 

"This is why you work with someone who actually likes music, but never understands why people are afraid to approach them!"

 

Hye Rin patted his shoulder, "I hope you didn't forget you and your friends are pretty popular, you bunch of ladies men."

 

The boy suddenly looked so confused, "...We are?"

 

Jungkook stretched his arms, "We don't like thinking about it. I mean, we don't mind, it's just we never take it to heart since we're just the "underclassmen" group."

 

The girl looked at him, "That's good. It's nice to know that you guys aren't like those stereotypical group of guys in those dramas I started watching."

 

"...Barely any of those exist around here. It's just the writer's fantasies, idiot." Green blunty said, "Plus half of the things those guys do are ridiculous and rude, they wouldn't do that."

 

The four of them were just talking with each other before Hye Rin and Yoongi had to leave for their music class.

 

When they were out of sight, Jungkook looked at Green, "You have a crush on her, don't you?"

 

"Just a small one." The other boy embarrassingly admitted, "She's sweet, yeah. But there's another reason why I like her which most of you don't even know about."

 



New chapter yooooo~~~ (wushbaisen what's good?) lmao never mind that but hope you enjoy the new chapter! Comment and subscribe! See y'all soon!