Green?

Lift Off

Hye Rin finally made it into her new college with Mi Cha and Hyo Geum, and they were now in line to sign in for orientation. When they finally checked in, they had to wait for awhile before all the students could enter the hall to start the session for new students.

 

When they finally called all the students at around 10:30, each student were instructed to get a partner, to the girl’s dismay.

 

She watched everyone go around, already partnered up with some friends or acquaintances...while she didn’t even understand what a friend meant.

 

After awhile, she felt a tap on her shoulder, and when she turned around, she saw another girl with a shy yet small smile on her face, “Hello… You don’t have a partner yet, right…?”

 

Hye Rin shook her head, “Oh… No, I do not. Would you like to be my partner for right now?”

 

The girl nodded, “Yes, I’d like that… My name is Haeran, and you are?”

 

“Hye Rin, it’s nice to meet you. My sincere apologies, I’m not used to talking to other people just yet…”

 

Haeran let out a soft smile, “It’s okay. I’m very shy myself, and I only have one best friend, but she couldn’t come to today’s orientation. But it’s okay, at least you seem like a nice person to spend the day with.”

 

Hye Rin giggled softly, “I guess so. Thank you for coming up to me, by the way. I thought that I wouldn’t have a partner.”

 

“Same...but I figured you were lonely, so I decided to ask you.”

 

----

 

Throughout the day, the two girls had a blast of fun. They got to play games involving things the fall schedule booklet, registered for classes together, and toured the campus as a pair. This caused Hye Rin to feel more comfortable, as they were laughing half of the time. She was also thankful she had a partner like Haeran to technically be her first friend since she left the Enian throne.

 

“So... what are you doing now that orientation is done?” her new friend asked.

 

The girl shrugged, “I don’t know… My, uh, parents are just out, they said that they’d pick me up around five. I don’t have a phone to call them...”

 

Haeran looked at her watch, “Well, it’s only two. I want to introduce you to my best friend because I think she’d like you too. We’ll get you back here by five anyway, she can drive, so she can drop you back off to campus.”

 

Hye Rin smiled, “If I can get back, then okay! It seems fun to meet other people, now that I’ve met people like you around here.”

 

The other girl nodded, “Then let’s get to one of our most favorite hangout spots! Come on, let’s go!”

 

The two girls ended up in a cafe about ten minutes away by walking, and a girl with medium length brunette hair waved as they walked in the door.

 

“There she is, come on, lets go!” Haeran grabbed her arm as they walked over to the table, “Hey JinAe, this is Hye Rin, she’s going to the same school as us and she was my partner for the day.”

 

JinAe smiled at the girl, “Why hello, Hye Rin. It’s nice to meet you. Haeran was urging me to come so I could meet you. She told me through text that you were a person that the two of us could hang out with.”

 

Hye Rin smiled, “Hello, and thank you. I didn’t expect to meet nice people here at all.”

 

“You’re not from here?” the girl asked.

 

The former Princess shook her head, “No, I was born here, but I moved to Paris right after I was born. I only moved here about two weeks ago.” she lied.

 

“Aw, you lived in France? How cool! Can you speak a little French?”

 

“Oui! Je m’apelle Hye Rin, j’ai dix-huit ans et j’adore le pain et la couleur rose.”

 

JinAe was amazed, “Wow, your accent is superb! I’m surprised you never picked up an accent since you lived there for so long.”

 

It was easy for Hye Rin to lie about her past, because if she ever need to tell anyone where she lived, she already had learned plenty of language back home by her Royal Instructor. French was just her favorite language that she learned.

 

She brightly smiled, “Heh, I guess I didn’t pick it up. My parents and I usually spoke Korean at home.”

 

“Oh, that makes sense then.” JinAe said, “It’s good that you kept your roots even though you were raised somewhere else.”

 

Hye Rin nodded, “My mom was always the traditional Korean.” she lied once again.

 

The three girls ended up talking for hours. Luckily, Hye Rin was able to lie her way through their conversation and didn’t seem suspicious at all. She never realized that she was a good liar!

 

“Since we pretty much have the same breaks, we should meet up! Where’s a good place in the school to hang out?” JinAe questioned.

 

Haeran shrugged, “Beats me… However I do know that there’s a coffee shop near my biology class. Could that work as a temporary place?”

 

The two other girls nodded, just as Hye Rin looked at her watch, “Oh my… I have to go, it’s almost five and my parents are going to pick up at school now… I’ll see you two in class, yes?”

 

“Of course!” they said in unison.

 

They bid their farewells as Hye Rin started speed walking out of the cafe and into the streets of Seoul.

 

She only focused on her steps, and to her dismay, she collided with someone, and they both fell to the ground.

 

The boy she accidentally hit got up immediately, “Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry. Are you okay?” he walked towards her and let his hand out for her.

 

Hye Rin took his hand as he helped her up, “Yes, I’m fine. I sure hope I am.”

 

The boy looked so guilty, “I really am sorry. Hey, as an apology, may I get you like a cup of coffee? You don’t have to talk to me or anything.”

 

“A-ah… Not right now, actually… I have to meet with my parents really soon. May I get a raincheck for that, then...that is if you go to Seoul University? Can I get your name?” Hye Rin said to him.

 

The boy had a soft smile, “Well, yes I do! And my name is Green. And yours?”

 

“Hye Rin.”

 

Green smiled at her and bowed, “Well, then, Hye Rin. I’ll definitely keep your raincheck, and hope to see you around campus.” she started walking ahead of him as she turned back and waved, “Goodbye, Green!”

 

He smiled and waved back as he also walked away.

 

*How funny… He has a color for a name…”

 


 
Hello everyone! I'm finally back! And I'm sorry for not uploading a lot, I've just been REAL busy. With my debut (a Filipino girl's 18th birthday celebration) planning consuming me and with my first year of college right around the corner, I don't have much time for a lot more... And by the way, if you can guess where the new character is from or originated from... then :D and yes, min and eumz, you're welcome to facepalm lmao
 
I'll see you all soon!