Coffee and Dresses

Lift Off

“Hey. You’re late again.” Taichi laughed as he greeted his former lover that just came into the coffee shop.

 

She sighed as she gave him an apologetic expression, “Sorry, I overslept again because I was marathoning a show all night.”

 

He handed her an Iced Macchiato, “I think you’re going to need this then. You look pretty tired right now.”

 

Hye Rin laughed, “Thanks, Taichi. I’m gonna need this if I’m going to hang out with Yoongi later.”

 

“Y-You’re what? What’s up with Yoongi all of a sudden?”

 

She took a sip of the coffee that was given to her, “He called me last night to meet up with me so we can talk about what we’re going to do when we return to Enia. I mean, sure, he doesn’t remember much, but I’m there to help him.”

 

Taichi nodded, understanding, “I see, that makes sense. I’m sorry, it just bothers me.”

 

“What bothers you?”

 

He shrugged, “A lot of things, but the main thing that bothers me is him. I forcefully got replaced by someone you don’t really know.”

 

The girl sighed, “Taichi, you know that I’m so sorry about that. However, if I have to let you go for the sake of our people, then I will. You know that you mean a lot to me, it’s just Enia means a lot more.”

 

Heartbroken by the same words, he nodded once again, “I know. You’re always going to be family oriented even if your father’s the worst person in the Kingdom, but your relationship with your mom makes your heart strong.”

 

There was silence between the two for a few minutes, until the boy spoke up again.

 

“I’ll let you go in my heart, but that won’t be easy. I still love you, Haewon. As much as I want to hug you and hold you like before, I can’t. The things I want to do with you here when we have freedom...I’ll have to let go. But I’ll always be by your side until then.”

 

Hye Rin forced a smile, “Thank you, Taichi. The next girl you end up falling for will definitely be better than me, I promise you.”

 

He stared at her, “But you can’t let go of your first love.”

 

She shook her head, “No, that’s just your mind telling you how to feel. You were my first love as well, but there are ways to let go. Stop overthinking, that’s why you feel this way.”

 

“I understand, but it’s you, how can I not overthink? I loved you emotionally, mentally, and physically. I didn’t just meet you on a small online gizmo, I met you as a Princess and I viewed you as the girl who loved to be treated as simple as possible. That was you. I love you, and I don’t plan from moving on away from you anytime soon.”

 

I’m always here as your friend, a best friend even.” She started, “I have to let you go, even if I don’t want to either. I have to, and you have to also.”

 

Taichi looked at her with a saddened expression and nodded slightly, “Alright, if you ask me of it, then I will.”

 

“Thank you, Taichi. Thank you very much.”

 

The boy gave her a small smile and nod as he looked down in disappointment. He definitely did not want this at all.

 

“Well, uhm. What do you plan on doing after winter recess?” Hye Rin asked him.

 

He looked back up at her and shrugged, “I don’t know, but I’m actually considering transferring to your school or even a school near you all because of course I was moved here to be a protector of yours despite the scandal, so to watch out for your safety, the agency might let me transfer my city to Seoul.”

 

“You should, honestly. Everyone here is nice and all, so you’ll fit in right away. We’re all good people, so you should transfer here. Plus, you have fellow Enians here as well, so we can all relate.”

 

Taichi finally showed her a genuine smile, “Then I might as well if you ask me to. You can count on it, Haewon.”

 

She shushed him as she put her index finger out, “Stop with that. My name here is Hye Rin. Park Hye Rin.”

 

He laughed lightly, “Right, I forgot, Hye Rin.”

 

----

 

“How is this boy still asleep?” Namjoon groaned as he knocked on Yoongi’s door for maybe the millionth time.

 

Jungkook walked into the hallway, “Isn’t he going out with Hye Rin today?”

 

The older one nodded, “Yeah, he is. He’s supposed to meet her somewhere in fifteen minutes.”

 

All of the sudden, the door opened and an irritated Yoongi was very visible, “I planned for a bit more sleep, I hope you know that…”

 

Namjoon rolled his eyes, “Yes, Yoongi. I know you can get ready in five minutes,” he started saying with a sarcastic tone, “but no one else is waiting for you but Hye Rin. Now hurry up and get ready, I’m going to drop you off.”

 

The oldest one in the hallway sighed, “Give me a moment.” He said as he walked back into his room and began getting ready. Really, all this guy does to get ready is to pick out the simplest clothes, maybe wear a beanie or snapback if he’s too lazy to fix his hair, and brush his teeth. That’s really all he does…

 

When he finished his lazy morning routine, he got out of his room, put on his shoes, and threw the car keys at Namjoon, “Let’s go.”

 

And with that, the two started to head to where they were going to meet up, where Yoongi asked her to meet.

 

“I can’t believe you’re asking her to meet you at a bridal store.” Namjoon said as he yawned.

 

The older one of the two shrugged, “If it could help me regain some of my memory, then I’ll be willing to look at her in a gown.” He reasoned, “It’s not like I’m marrying her or anything.”

 

The other nodded as he started to understand, “That makes sense, I see your point there then, I’m guessing that you’ll do what you can to help yourself out.”

 

“Yeah, kind of like that.”

 

When they finally reached the bridal store, Yoongi thanked and bidded farewell to Namjoon as he got out the car.

 

He saw Hye Rin walking towards the store with Taichi next to her, and wondered why he was with her, “Hey guys!”

 

The girl smiled as she jogged towards him and gave him a hug as a greeting, “Good morning to you. What time did you wake up?”

 

“Oh, you know, the usual...always ten minutes before I have to leave.”

 

Hye Rin giggled, “Of course you did.”

 

Taichi came up to the both of them, “I just came with her to drop her off because I don’t know who the hell would try to kidnap her and not have anyone to protect her. Glassicians are honestly really trying to look for you all, from what I hear.”

 

“And how do you know that?”

 

He chuckled, “Oh, Yoongi… You don’t know what our country is capable of, yet you’re our next heir? We have spies all over that damned place, as they may have with us too. It’s kind of like us here, we’re here to get information and to protect you two.”

 

Yoongi eyed him, “I’m sorry, I’m sure you remember that I’m still in recovery. But then again, how do I know that you’re not a Glassician spy yourself?”

 

“I swear on Haewon’s parents, the late King and Queen that I’m loyal to Enia...trust me.”

 

Hye Rin noticed the negative aura around the two, and decided to take action, “We should go in now, Yoongi. I have to be home in two hours.”

 

He nodded, “Alright.” he looked over to Taichi, “We’ll see you later, maybe?”

 

“Probably not, I’m going to hang with Green, so I’ll see you at the next meet up. Hae- I mean Hye Rin, you take care, okay? I’m going to take you out one day this week, so be prepared to get a phone call from me.”

 

She smiled, “Mhm, alright. Take care, and tell Green that I said hi,”

 

Yoongi opened the door of the shop for her, and they both walked inside, leaving the other boy all alone.

 

When the two of them walked in, a worker, a girl, came up to them, “Hi guys! Can I help you guys out? Are you two getting married?”

 

“Uhh…” Hye Rin stared blankly at her, “we’re not engaged...but I was hoping to find a ball gown.”

 

The worker finally looked a little bit more comfortable, “Oh, okay! So what are you looking for? Any color or style, anything like that?”

 

“Probably just a standard champagne gold ball gown. Nothing too fancy, please.”

 

The other girl who was working nodded with a smile on her face, “Of course, we’ve got just the thing. Come follow me!”

 

----

 

“You look great, Hye Rin-ssi.” The worker, whom Hye Rin found out her name was Ayumi, a Japanese transfer student, “You and your little boyfriend over there ready to see how you look like?”

 

Hye Rin chuckled, “He’s not my boyfriend, Ayumi. We’re just friends and he didn’t want me to go alone.” she attempted to play around with her.

 

Ayumi giggled, “Then he likes you!” she exclaimed, “He wouldn’t have let you go alone if he likes you.”

 

She shrugged, “No! I’m sure he doesn’t! But come on, I kind of want to see how I look.”

 

The two girls walked out of the fitting room, where there was a small stump with a lot of mirrors hovering through the room. And on one of the chairs, there was Yoongi waiting for her.

 

As she stood on top of the pedestal, he looked at her, and her dress, “So this is how it was like…”

 

The girl looked at him and smiled, “Yeah, it’s definitely been awhile.”

 

While Hye Rin was looking at her appearance, Yoongi was looking at her, then at her dress, and his gaze kept switching. And all of a sudden, his head started to hurt.

 

Because Ayumi was out of the room for awhile, Hye Rin immediately turned to him when she noticed he was in pain, “Hey, Yoongi! What’s wrong?!”

 

He groaned, “I’m fine… I’m fine… I just saw you walking around the Kingdom in a dress like this in my head… Did you wear something like that before?”

 

She looked at him in surprise, but her gaze softened, “At the announcement festival, it was this exact color.”

 

Yoongi looked at her, and then at his own reflection, “I’m getting some memories back, then… Thank you, Hye Rin.”

 


 

Hi guys! I'm back with a new chapter, and I just wanted to update you right before Finals week...so if I don't update in two weeks or so, then you'll understand why. Hope you guys like this chapters. Love y'all, see you in the next one!