Taichi

Lift Off

Two pairs of orbs stared at the mysterious boy in complete surprise. But really, no one knew who he was; however, everyone noticed how he was staring at Hye Rin.

 

Green smiled smugly as he headed towards the secret princess, he leaned down and whispered in her ear, “Your highness, you were the best liar when you convinced me that you didn’t know how love felt like.”

 

Hye Rin looked at her male best friend, “G-Green...how could you?”

 

“Neither of you are over each other, face it.” he patted her shoulder as he went back to the boy and instructed him to take a seat.

 

Namjoon, on the other hand, was boiling in anger. The one thing he wanted to do was to punch his cousin, but of course, the others knew nothing about their actual family. Instead, he got up from his chair and left without a word.

 

Green sighed with a smile on his face, “So, did you guys order yet? Taichi and I are starving from the long drive.”

 

“Green, don’t be so mean.” Taichi said to him as he looked at everyone else and bowed his head, “I’m sorry, I didn’t formally introduce myself yet. My name is Taichi Yagami, and I’m staying here in Seoul for awhile until my Christmas break ends. So please bear with me, I apologize.”

 

Hoseok smiled, “Don’t worry about it! You seem like a nice person, welcome to the group!”

 

----

 

When MiCha heard the knocking coming from her front door, she ran to it and opened it quickly, “Namjoon, good that you’re here. Quick, report to us about this guy.”

 

The younger boy put his shoes away before walking inside, sitting on the desk chair as Hyo Geum stood by his right and MiCha on his left. He the computer and opened the RPA application, “That boy. I remember him, his name is Taichi here in South Korea. I was most likely relocated before him so I don’t remember much...but I do know something bad happened which caused his relocation.”

 

“I don’t get why your cousin would bring him here so suddenly unless he wanted to get back at something. Green is a troublemaker, from what I know.” Hyo Geum commented, “Honestly, I don’t trust your cousin right now.”

 

Namjoon shrugged, “I don’t know…” he pressed on the search bar and recited his actions as he typed on the keyboard, “Country of origin, Enia. In relation to, Princess Yoon Haewon. Gender, definitely male… Ethnicity, his name sounded pretty Japanese to me. And last registered name, is Taichi.”

 

After maybe about thirty seconds, a profile came up, and it was definitely from the boy from earlier.

 

Namjoon read off his profile, “His real name is actually Taichi Yagami, he’s nineteen and of Japanese descent. According to this, he was one of the Princess’s closest friends and they made a secret relationship together until the Kingdom found out. That’s why they rushed the marriage between the Prince and the Princess and Taichi was relocated immediately to South Korea.”

 

“This…” MiCha said to herself in surprise, “I remember Enia was in a really bad shape after these news came out. But I don’t understand why Green would bring him to her like this.”

 

The younger boy sighed to himself, “It’s because she knows who the Prince is now, and because Green really likes her. He probably was thinking to bring Taichi over here so they can rekindle their relationship so there’s a reason why both he and Prince can’t intrude. Basically, if he can’t have her, then the Prince can’t either.”

 

Hyo Geum’s eyes widened, “She what?! How did she find out?”

 

“The one that’s starting all of this rekindling drama was the one that blurted it out on accident.” he explained, “I gave him a lecture about it, but he’s really stubborn.”

 

“We still haven’t met the Prince, actually. You know what, I want to meet him. Actually, bring all of your friends one day during your vacation. It’d be nice to know who the Princess associates herself with.” the woman advised, “I really want to meet them.”

 

Namjoon nodded, “Yes, of course I will, MiCha. Let me plan something with them and I’ll get back to you then.”

 

She smiled, “Then that’s great. We’ll let you go now, your friends are probably looking for you now.”

 

The boy bowed, “I’ll see you two soon, then. Make sure to talk to Hye Rin about Taichi, please. If she says she still feels any romantic feelings for him, let her know that Enia is important to all of us. We don’t want her to get back together with him.”

 

----

 

Everyone in the group was at the park, with most of them playing around like little kids on the play structure. Hye Rin, on the other hand, was standing around watch them have the time of their lives.

 

As she watched, she felt a hand on her shoulder, “Hey…” when she turned around, she saw that it was Taichi.

 

“Oh, hi…”

 

The new boy removed his hand and stood next to her, “So, uh, how have you been lately since we last saw each other?”

 

“I’ve been... alright.” she answered, “Still getting used to Seoul, honestly. What about you?”

 

He shrugged, “After I was relocated, it’s been pretty boring. I was surprised when Green contacted me, actually. I haven’t been contacted by anyone from back home in over six months, so it made me pretty happy when I got his call. But now I know why he did…”

 

“Sorry, it’s my fault.”

 

Taichi smiled as he laughed softly, “It’s not, really. I’m actually glad to see you again after all these months. I really missed you.”

 

And with that, she said the words she hadn’t thought she would ever say, “I… I missed you too.”

 

The boy’s smile got even bigger than before, “I’d hug you, but these people have no idea that we know each other.”

 

It took a few minutes for the girl to say anything else,

 

“Hey, Taichi? I honestly really don’t like saying this to you, but...you probably already know why I’m here. I love my country more than anything in the world, and if I have to sacrifice everything for it, I would. And that means I’d sacrifice us too. After you left, I made Enia my priority and I still vow to do it even if I’m here. If I have to spend the rest of my life with the Prince to keep my land stable, I’ll do it. As much I still love you, I have to force myself not to.”

 

His glance remained at the same spot as his shoulders became heavy, “I understand. However, if your love for me doesn’t drift away for the time being, at least just show it to me once in awhile. Then again, if you do ever fall in love with someone else, I’ll understand because the only other man who’ll ever be near you is the Prince. If you fall in love with him one day, I’ll understand. I’ll wait for you until then.”

 

The girl looked at him with a sad yet an optimistic smile, “Thank you very much, Taichi… Thank you.”

 

All of a sudden, Jimin grabbed onto Hye Rin’s arm and dragged her over to everyone, “Play with us! You too, Taichi! Come on!”

 

Taichi smiled at him and started following them. The three of them were heading to the playground’s roundabout/Merry Go Round structure, as everyone was laughing, obviously dizzy.

 

The three got on while Jungkook grabbed onto one of the handles while on the ground, “Hold on!” he screamed as he started running to push the whole roundabout and make it move.

 

Hye Rin jumped, “Oh my gosh!” she squealed as she felt like she was about to fall off. Before she stumbled to the ground, someone grabbed onto her hand to keep her balance.

 

“I got you, just remember to hold on, dang it!” it was Yoongi.

 

The girl looked over at him, “Thank you, Yoongi. I thought I could’ve just died!” she joked as she laughed.

 

Yoongi laughed also, “I’ve been fitting in better, so I’m here to help you too.” he said with a smile.

 

Hey guys!!! I'm back! I apologize for the really long wait for this new chapter. Finals is coming up, and I've been dealing with a lot of personal issues for the past three months or so...but since the semester is coming to an end in a little over two weeks, I just wanted to squeeze in an update. Hope y'all like it, and see y'all soon!