Hold On

Lift Off

“Hye Rin-ah! Did you clean your room yet? Your friends should be here any second now!” Mi Cha exclaimed from the lower level of their apartment.

 

The young girl opened her door, “All done!” she answered back as she started heading down the stairs.

 

It’s been a few days since Taichi and Namjoon first talked about the whole Green becoming psycho situation, and they both felt it was finally time for them and Yoongi to meet the initial protectors of the Princess.

 

The doorbell rang, and that meant someone was at the door.

 

Hyo Geum, who was sitting on the couch told his wife to get the door, and as a obedient wife, she did as he asked. When she opened the door, Namjoon, Taichi, Yoongi, and Jungkook were the first faces she saw.

 

However, one of the boys was shocked to see the woman at the door, “Auntie MiMi?”

 

“Oh… Jungkook…” Mi Cha lowly said in surprise.

 

Everyone within that apartment were very surprised. None of the boys, Hyo Geum, Mi Cha and Hye Rin would have known that one of the boys would find out their secret.

 

“You’re Hye Rin’s mom? But you’ve never had a daughter… You can’t even have a child, Auntie.” Jungkook said to her.

 

Namjoon groaned, “Now we have another person to explain to… Get in everyone, we should all talk to Jungkook about this.”

 

Once everyone was all inside, Jungkook sat down with the most confused look on his face.

 

“Jungkook,” Namjoon called out for him, “Do you know what job your Aunt and Uncle have?”

 

He slowly nodded, “They work with the government to protect monarch countries that need help and take in anyone from whichever Kingdom if they need to go in hiding…” he looked over at Hye Rin, “Are you...a ruler of a Kingdom?”

 

She looked over at him and nodded, she bowed to him, “I’m sorry for keeping a secret, but my name is Yoon Haewon and I am the Princess of the country Enia.”

 

“I knew there was something off about you, I just couldn’t pinpoint to it.” Jungkook said.

 

“All of us in this room have something to do with this mission, we’re all from Enia, but we’ll talk to you about that more later on.” Namjoon said.

 

MiCha glanced to her nephew, “Yah, Jungkook. Don’t you dare tell anyone about this. If anyone who shouldn’t know finds out, everyone in this room, and all the people you know will be in a lot of danger.”

 

He nodded with a soft smile on his face, “Don’t worry, Auntie. I wouldn’t risk you or any of my friends’ safety. I’ll keep it a secret.”

 

She sighed in relief, “Thank you, Kookie.” She smiled as she turned to the rest of the boys, “Would you guys like something to drink right now?”

 

“Anything you have is fine, MiCha. Thanks.” Namjoon said with a smile on his face.

 

MiCha brought both her husband and their “adopted” daughter to the kitchen to get some drinks, leaving all the boys alone in the living room.

 

Jungkook sat down on the couch, “That was awkward…”

 

“What? Finding out that Hye Rin is a princess?” Yoongi questioned.

 

He shook his head, “No. The awkward thing about this how it’s so obvious all three of us have a thing for her. Even you, Taichi, you’ve only been here for two weeks.”

 

Taichi chuckled, “I lived in Enia until I was 17. I used to date Haewon.”

 

Yoongi looked surprised, “Wait, wait, wait. Me, have a thing for her?”

 

The girl’s ex laughed, “Well, you’re being forced to, so. You’re the Prince for a reason. You’re supposed to pretend to have a thing for her. Plus, you two hang out with each other almost everyday now.”

 

“Not true! She’s only doing that to help me!”

 

“Guys…” Namjoon sighed, “Calm down. And Taichi, shut it, don’t pick on Yoongi.”

 

Taichi started laughing, “I’m kidding! Yoongi’s grown on me ever since I came to town. You’re honestly a great suitor for Haewon.”

 

“Thanks, I guess?”

 

Jungkook looked at everyone, confused, “I’m lost.”

 

“I told you that we’ll explain more to you later.”

 

The young boy looked slightly agitated because of his ignorance, “Why can’t you just tell me at least just a little bit more?”

 

Taichi shrugged, “I guess…” he sat down next to Jungkook and whispered something to Jungkook, “Do not, and I mean do not, trust Green with anything that involves Haewon.”

 

The boy looked at him, “Okay...I should hear more about this later then. But shouldn’t you be calling her Hye Rin instead?”

 

“Not with just us. I always prefer Haewon than Hye Rin. I’ll only call her that in public.”

 

----

Listen to this while you read to make the mood

 

After an hour, everyone in their group, the girls, and including Green, was there in the tiny apartment, laughing and having fun with each other. However, it seemed that one of the hosts was nowhere to be found.

 

Namjoon decided to get up and was walking around the second floor, knocking on every door to see if he could find the missing person.

 

“Come in.” he heard Hye Rin’s voice from the last door he knocked on, and when he opened the door, he saw her sitting down on her bed, on her laptop.

 

He went inside and closed the door behind him, not knowing if she was hiding from everyone or not, “Hey, why aren’t you downstairs?”

 

She looked at him with a saddened expression on her face and shrugged, “Just a little uncomfortable.”

 

“With whom?” he questioned, “Is it Green, Yoongi, me possibly?”

 

Hye Rin shook her head, “No, you three are really nice. It’s just that I’m uncomfortable with Taichi, actually.”

 

He became a little confused with that statement, “Why? Out of all people, I thought you’d be okay with him the most, knowing that you’re usually with each other.”

 

The girl sighed, “I always just try to have a lot of self control whenever I’m around him. It’s really awkward, you know, since we dated in the past...before he got transferred to move here.”

 

Namjoon nodded, “I see… But you know Taichi still really does love you, right? I can see it on his face whenever he looks at you.”

 

“I know.”

 

He looked at her with a soft look towards her, “Then why did you let him go so easily? I looked at his Enian profile and researched quite a bit about that whole scandal. If you said something to defend him, he could have stayed. Why didn’t you do anything?”

 

Hye Rin’s face became blank as she closed her laptop and moved it aside,

 

“I couldn’t do it anymore.” she began to say, “We may seem like almost the same people, with the things we like, do and whatnot...but I couldn’t stand always leaving him behind. I was always busy as the heiress of Enia, I just didn’t have time for anyone else, even him. I love him, of course. Back then, I loved him so much, that when I let them take him away so easily, I couldn’t sleep, couldn’t eat because I was so hurt from something I did to him. But I knew that I had to let him go, so he could finally live normally. Every time that I’d talk to him when we were together, I’d get mad at him for no reason. If he hugged me, I’d push him away and displace my anger towards him. I almost convinced myself that I hated him, because he always thought my happiness was more important than his. He deserves to be happy, and he wouldn’t have been if I were still with him. I just knew that I had to hurt him then than hurt him even more in the future.”

 

She took a deep breath to hold back some tears before continuing, “Relationships hurt, Namjoon, they’re supposed to. Because little did you know, the person you love is ignorantly hurting you, because you don’t do anything about it. That’s what I did to him.

 

“I see…” he plainly answered, understanding what she just said, “Do you still love him?”

 

The girl sighed, “I do, but not as before. I love him, but not romantically. I’m just someone who loves him enough to care. I love him, but at the same time I’m too scared to fall in love with him again. I don’t want him to get hurt one more time. I’ll push him away with whatever excuse I can make.”

 

“......”

 

The two of them become silent until Hye Rin says something else,

 

“Namjoon, just a little piece of advice from me. I feel like you’re the only one that I can say this to. When you find someone you love, please, and I mean please never let go of that person. Squeeze a little time for them, once or twice a week for them. Keep reminding them that you love that special person. Don’t make the same mistake that I did. I regret ever letting Taichi go, maybe I would still love him wholeheartedly if I didn’t push him away the way I did. I’d tell myself in the next life...or me in an alternate universe. Imagine me as a city girl in the northern part of California, that alternate version of me, walking around the foggy streets of San Francisco, let’s say. I’d tell me, I mean, I’d tell her that, just because you doubt your ability to love doesn’t mean you actually shouldn’t. Just because you feel that your partner isn’t happy with you doesn’t mean that he really isn’t. He probably is one of the happiest people with you on his mind. So don’t let him go, don’t make the mistake I did. For you, Namjoon, when you find that person; or that San Franciscan girl I’m talking about, don’t let go. Just because a few people doubt you doesn’t mean you should doubt yourself. Love your partner, and you too most importantly. Don’t make the same mistake I did because it’ll only hurt you more.”

 

Namjoon suddenly felt a tear fall down on his cheek, “I didn’t know that’s how you felt, Hye Rin…”

 

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have told you.”

 

He shook his head as he sat down on a stool nearby her computer desk, “It’s okay, you need to let this out, I’m glad you told me at least. You don’t have to tell anyone else, but you can trust me with this information.”

 

She nodded as she sighed one more time, “Thank you. I’m just going to ask you to not say any of this to anyone.”

 

“I keep my promises, especially to our heiress, don’t worry about it.”

 

Hye Rin smiled softly, “Thank you, Namjoon. I really appreciate it. You’re such a good person to everyone.”

 

The young boy stood up and answered her with a gummy grin, “Thanks,” he laughed in between, “I’m not the most trusted guidance for nothing, right?”

 

She giggled, “You said it.”

 

Namjoon dusted off the non-existent dust from his pants, “But hey, Hye Rin? Can I ask you one more question?”

 

“Sure, what is it?”

 

He scratched the back of his head, “Would you ever be able to fall back in love with someone?” he asked with a little hope glinting from his eyes.

 

Her face scrunched up, “Probably not. I mean, by the time we get back to Enia, the wedding between me and Yoongi would be happening, so I’d rather not try to love someone anymore.”

 

“That makes sense, and I do understand where you’re coming from because that’s why you’re telling me to hold onto the person I fall for one day.”

 

She gave him a smile and nodded, “Exactly! I just want everyone to be happy, you guys all deserve it.”

 

Namjoon chuckled, “Heh, yeah… It’ll be impossible for me to hold on.”

 

The young girl stood up from her bed, ignorant of what he meant, went up to him and patted his shoulder, “That person for you will be there one day. Now let’s go down, before they all start looking for us.”

 



I promised that I'd be back with an update, so here you go! This is probably one of the most emotional chapters I've ever written as a writer. I don't know if it hit you guys hard, but it did for me. So I really do hope you guys enjoyed it! Thank you and see you soon!