Puss

Lift Off

“Uh, hey… Jimin? Can I talk to you for a moment?” a female voice echoed throughout the table, causing Jimin to turn his head.

 

He looked over his shoulder and saw JinAe, “Oh, hey Jin Ae. What’s up?”

 

“I need to talk to you about something. It’s kind of important, can you come with me for a bit?”

 

“Oh,” Jimin nodded, “Sure, no problem. Let’s go then, because I kind of have class in ten minutes.”

 

Leaving the entire group behind, the two of them walked out of the dining hall, and that’s when Jin Ae started talking,

 

“So I know that we’ve been friends for a few months now...and I just wanted to first off say thank you for letting us be friends.”

 

He smiled, “Oh, no biggie. You guys are so nice to us, that’s why. Not everyone wants to be near us just because of friendship, you guys haven’t used us.”

 

She looked up at him, “That’s why… I’m telling you this, so please don’t overreact. I have actually liked you for awhile, Jimin. And I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime, on a date.”

 

That made his eyes widen, “O-oh, on a date?”

 

Jin Ae nodded, “Yeah. But it’s okay if you don’t want to, I completely understand!”

 

The boy stopped in his tracks, “I mean, if I were ready to date again, then we could have done a trial run. But...I still haven’t moved on from my last ex-girlfriend. I believe I mentioned about her to you before. And maybe if she wasn’t here again then...something could have happened. But she’s back now, and I still love her. So Jin Ae, I’m sorry.”

 

Surprisingly, the young girl took it quite well, “Oh… Well, that’s okay! I completely understand, don’t worry about it. I wish you luck with her, though! I gotta go to class, I’ll see you with the group after!” she said as she waved at him and walked the other direction away.

 

Jimin watched her walk away with a small smile on his face as he made his way to his own class.

 

----

 

Taeji was walking out of the parking lot into campus, as normal as ever, and started walking towards the admissions building to pay for her semester fees.

 

Her phone vibrated as she pulled it out to check whoever texted her, and it was Hoseok.

 

From: Hoseok

9:03am - Babe, are you going anywhere after your last class? I haven’t seen you in awhile and I hope you weren’t busy.

 

She sighed as she wrote a reply to him,

9:05am - I’m busy. Sorry, bye.

 

The two of them never really had much of a joyous relationship. He always wanted to be around her, but he was ignorant of how unfaithful she is. While Taeji never wanted to do anything but anything ual, but Hoseok made to promise to himself that he would wait until he truly loved someone that he could trust enough to do those things with.

 

All of a sudden, someone bumped into her shoulder, causing her to jerk back, “Hey! Watch where you’re going!”

 

The girl that bumped into her yelled back, “Why don’t you look at where you’re going instead of your phone? You’re crazy!”

 

“Don’t yell at me, who do you think you are?!” Taeji screamed at the stranger.

 

The other girl gawked at her as she walked up to her, “My name is Chu Zenrei. I just moved here from Hong Kong to study with my best friends. You know who I am now, so one more thing. Watch yourself, I can’t stand people like you. You already look like a problem.”

 

The one named Zenrei walked off, leaving Taeji silent in her tracks. Neither of them were happy.

 

“What an …” Taeji said to herself, however she was actually pretty loud.

 

Zenrei heard the girl, stood straight and still, and she raised her arm up, showing her middle finger towards her direction. She then turned around and screamed, “Keep your mouth shut, YOU PUSS!” she then rolled her eyes and walked away.

 

Everyone around that area was staring at the both of them, but dare they say that they were impressed by Zenrei’s way of defending herself.

 

“Zen!” the girl heard her nickname being called out, and at that moment she knew that one of her two best friends had finally found her.

 

“Haeran! Jimin!” she exclaimed as she starting running to the two, “I’ve waited long enough!”

 

The three of them hugged, and behind them was their entire group of friends, ready to be introduced to her.

 

“Let me meet your so-called insane group of friends! I want to see if they can match up to me!”

 

Taehyung laughed with a huge smile on his face when he heard what she said, “We’re having a crazy contest?! I’m in!”

 

Namjoon put his arm out to block Taehyung, “Not right now, Tae...it’s too early for this.”

 

“But it’s already 11:20, hyung.” he replied back.

 

The older boy shook his head, “Still too early.”

 

Zenrei looked over to Taehyung and smiled, “I really like your energy.” She laughed softly and looked a everyone, “Anyway, hi guys! My name is Chu Zenrei, I’ve heard a lot about you guys, I can’t wait to get to know all of you!”

 

Everyone smiled as they introduced themselves to her, and they all had the same thought. They really liked her already.

 

----

 

“Zen, what’s your next class?” the female Jimin asked.

 

Looking at her schedule through her phone, Zenrei looked up at her best friend and showed her, “I have English in fifteen minutes, 11:10 to 1:25.”

 

Hoseok’s attention went towards her, “Is that second level pre-transfer English?”

 

She looked at him and nodded, “Yeah, my professor is Gong.”

 

“Oh!” the boy exclaimed, “We have the same class then! Building 7, Room 110, right?”

 

Zenrei nodded again, “Yeah, we do have English together then! We should be heading there soon if we want seats then.”

 

Hoseok smiled with his expression of agreement as he grabbed his bag and stood up, “Alright, then let’s walk together and hope there are seats that we can sit together in. I rather sit with someone I know even though I just met you today.”

 

She smiled back at him, “Sure, why not?”

 

The two of them walked off and headed to their class after bidding farewell to their friends for now.

 

“So where did you move from, Zenrei? You’re not Korean, if I can assume?”

 

“I’m half Korean actually because my mom was a Korean working in Hong Kong when she met my dad. I was born in Hong Kong and I was raised here, that’s why I know Haeran and Jimin. But I moved back to Hong Kong when I was fifteen because of my dad’s work.” she answered, “I know and I’m sorry, it’s kind of complicated.”

 

Hoseok laughed and shook his head, “No, no, it’s okay! You have two cultures, it makes you unique. No need to apologize!”

 

Zenrei looked at him and smiled, “Thank you, not everyone approves of a diverse marriage and a diverse child.”

 

“Well, everyone in our group only looks at people as who they are, not who they were born as. We care about your personality, not your status or your race.”

 

She nodded, “Thank you again, Hoseok. It’s nice knowing all you and every single one of your friends accept me for who I am.”

 

The two of them reached their lecture room and walked in, finding out that there was an open pair of seats nearby the front.

 

“Let’s sit there before someone else takes it. I like sitting in the front.”

 

Zenrei agreed with him and they both sat down in their new seats, seven minutes left before their class started.

 

The two of them were talking, getting to know more about each other when Hoseok noticed from the corner of his eye that someone he knew walking inside the room.

 

It was Taeji.

 

He turned to look straight at her, and Zenrei noticed the change in his aura and turned to where his attention was at.

 

“Oh god, it’s that stupid girl from earlier...”

 

Taeji looked around the classroom, and when she saw Hoseok, she was very surprised to see him, but even more surprised when she noticed Zenrei right next to him. She walked towards the two, and stopped at Hoseok’s desk. However, her stare was concentrated at Zenrei, “Excuse me, can you move? I’d like to sit there.”

 

The new girl looked at her with annoyance, and wanted to say something very insulting, before she was cut off.

 

“I’m sorry, Taeji,” Hoseok started, “but I asked Zenrei to sit with me. Just go find another seat because she’s not moving.”

 

Both of the girls were shocked to her what came from his mouth. Zenrei thought that he wasn’t at all mean, and Taeji never realized that he would retaliate towards her.

 

Taeji however ended up glaring at him, and she walked off to find a new seat.

 

The girl next to Hoseok looked over at him, “That was the girl that tried to mess with me earlier...you know her?”

 

“Yeah, I know her, sad enough.”

 

“Is she your friend?”

 

He stayed quiet for about a minute before speaking again, “That thing, is my girlfriend.”

 

“O-oh, really? I’m sorry for insulting her then…”

 

Hoseok shook his head, “It’s fine, she honestly deserves it.”

 

Zenrei looked at her watch and back to her new friends, “Are you guys having problems right now? I-if you don’t want to talk about it, then don’t worry about it.”

 

He chuckled, “You can say that. I’ll probably talk about it to everyone once I get over it.”

 

She nodded as she grabbed a notebook and a pencil from her backpack since the professor finally walked in, “That makes sense, plus class is about to start so we’ll have to hold it off for now, right?” she questioned as she smiled brightly to make him feel better.

 

Hoseok looked at her and smiled so big like he had no problems whatsoever, “Right.”

 

Helllloooooo~ Before I continue on, CONGRATS TO BTS FOR WINNING THE BEST ARTIST AWARD AT THE MAMA AWARDS! I love those boys so much~ But anyways, here is the newest chapter. Hope you guys like it! See you all in the next one, love y'all!