His Beginning

Lift Off

It was late in the day, and Jungkook was in his philosophy class, waiting for the clock to strike 12. On the first day of this class, he regretted ever signing up for the class because it was so boring.

 

All of a sudden, his phone vibrated, signaling that he had received a text message. When he looked at it, he noticed that it was from MiCha.

 

From: MiCha

11:32AM

Jungkook, I need you to go to this address right after your last class. No excuses.

 

The boy replied back with a simple okay. He knew the street, it was probably just about three blocks away from their campus. If he walked, it probably would’ve only taken him about ten minutes to get there.

 

His philosophy class was just about to end, so he told himself that he would just walk there straight after so he didn’t have to bug anyone for a ride.

 

Once his professor dismissed the class, Jungkook jumped out of his seat and took the back way out of campus, since that was the easiest way to get to that street.

 

The boy walked over to the street and began looking for the number “1452,” looking over a corner, he noticed an alleyway that had a number close to the address he was looking for. He walked through the alley with caution, he didn’t want to get jumped and be left there. 1450...1451…

 

The numbers on the door seemed to stop, but there was still a long pathway to walk, so Jungkook kept walking, only to be faced to a simple door on a brick wall. There was no number, however.

 

His curiosity led his hand to the doorknob, turning it ever so slowly. Before he opened it, he took a look back behind him, and it was basically dark. He knew no one would see him from the other side of the alley.

 

When he opened the door, he was greeted by a nice looking building with a receptionist in her early 40s greeting him, “Jung Jungkook, we’ve been waiting for you.”

 

The boy looked at her with a confused stare but bowed despite that, “Hello, I’m here for guardianship training?”

 

The woman nodded, “Yes, we know. Go down the hall, first door to your right. Your trainer is waiting for you.”

 

Jungkook bowed slightly, “Thank you.” he expressed and started walking off to the room she told him, “This is one hell of a building…” he whispered to himself against his breath.

 

Although he still was in Korea, of course, the work of the Enian government was outstanding as he looked around the training facility. There was a large fountain on the second floor, and what he could tell was a garden full of birds of all kinds.

 

When he reached the door that the lady was talking about, he knocked before walking inside, only to see Taichi, shirtless in all his well built glory. He was holding onto two swords, fighting an opponent with the same weapons. It was obvious that the pair were training in fighting, with the boy’s opponent in protection gear.

 

Taichi then “stabbed” his opponent, walking back a few steps and bowed to him, “Thank you, teacher.”

 

Jungkook couldn't believe his eyes, “Wow, Taichi, that's amazing. You’re so good, you definitely know how to block yourself from an opponent.”

 

“I know, I was trained that way. I was pretty much born to protect the Royal family, that's why I knew Haewon so well.”

 

The boy nodded, “I see… Well both you and your teacher were great! Is he going to be my trainer?”

 

“No,” Taichi spat out, “you're stuck with me, unfortunately.”

 

Jungkook nodded once again, “Oh okay, why do you say “unfortunately” though?”

 

The older man next to his new trainer scoffed and shook his head, “You don't even want know…” he said loud enough for Jungkook to hear, and walked out of the room.

 

He stared at the older man walking out of the room, and looked at Taichi, “So uh...are we starting training now, Taichi?”

“First off, don't call me Taichi. I'm only okay with it if Haewon is around. If only I could tell her that I hate that name, but she always told me that she loved that name and wouldn't think of anything else… But anyways, when you're here or anywhere else, you call me Tai, for short.”

 

The boy nodded, “A-alright, Tai.”

 

“Second, you will get hurt here. I'm your trainer, and you will not walk out that door looking like you did when you came in. It's normal, just don't let Haewon see.”

 

“O-okay…”

 

“Third,” he continued, “You will meet with me here everyday after class. Haewon and Yoongi usually spend about two hours after their classes composing and doing other things, so that's a good time to train because Green wouldn't hurt him at that time. I will pick you up from whatever building you are after class, and we will head here immediately. If anyone asks, just say that you have to deal with some issues. If they start catching on, tell everyone to mind their own business.”

 

Jungkook just nodded, that's honestly all he could do.

 

“Lastly, you will be with me here for a few months. Whether you like me or hate me, you'll still have to deal with me and my Haewon talks. It happens regularly, so I apologize in advance.”

 

He just looked at his new mentor with a confused expression, “Uh, okay. I didn't really need to know that, you already talk about her a lot anyway.”

 

Taichi chuckled to himself, “Sorry, stop myself next time if I do.”

 

“Will do. Anyways, I'm here now. What are we doing today?”

 

His mentor walked over to a wall and grabbed two wooden swords from a shelf, “Jungkook, this is going to be your first test. You only need to do one thing,” Taichi started speaking as he gave the boy one of the wooden swords, “You just need to fight me.”

 

Jungkook slowly nodded, “Okay. Who’s going to start?”

 

“Swing first.” the young man spat, “Don't be afraid of me.”

 

----

 

Hours passed, and after a long and painful day, Jungkook was finally home in the apartment he shared with Namjoon and Yoongi. He struggled to grab his keys from his school bag, but before he could even insert the key, someone had already opened the door for him.

 

The person at the door was Namjoon, and he was actually unsurprised from the obvious beating the younger one had received, “Oh, welcome home. How was training?”

 

“Shouldn't you be afraid that i’m going to end up in the hospital?”

 

The older lad laughed it off, “I went through the same exact thing as you. I had a worse beating than you did, so don't worry. You should be lucky you have Tai as your mentor. He's the best out of everyone in the guardianship when it comes to fighting. He’s going to teach you well.”

 

Jungkook looked at himself in the mirror, “My face… Tai bruised my face so bad! Do you even see this?! I get that he’s the best but he didn't have to be this mean!”

 

“It's only going to help you later on. Remember this is the most dangerous time for Enia, so we’re going to need the help and we’re going to need it fast.”

 

The young boy sighed and nodded ever so slightly, “I get it… But can I at least get some ice?!”

 

Namjoon laughed as he gave in and did what he asked, “Here, just because you did a good job today. Take some pain relievers too, and find a way to stop the swelling.”

 

He nodded as he put the ice over his left eye, “Yeah, thanks Namjoon.”

 

The older lad smiled and walked back into his room.

 

Jungkook sighed to himself as he stared in the mirror, “As long as I can find my dad, then I’ll continue doing this…”