Awkward Little Encounter

Lift Off

-Two Weeks Later-

 

“WAKE UP!” Jungkook’s energetic voice echoed through his and his roommates tiny apartment, “It’s the first day of school!” he exclaimed, knocking everyone’s doors.

 

The first one to open their door, to his surprise, was Yoongi, who was all dressed for the school day, “What are you doing, Jungkook?”

 

The young boy looked at the other, “How ironic, because I want to ask you the same thing. Why are you awake so early?”

 

“I have to pick up Hye Rin, our first class is at 9:35. So I’m going to head out in a few minutes.” he answered.

 

Jungkook laughed to himself, “You have a car now that was sent from the agency that some of you guys are from, and now you think you can drive anywhere?”

 

He shrugged, “I mean, she asked me while we were out yesterday, and I don’t want to say no.”

 

The once energetic boy looked at his friend with so much confusion slapped across his face, “Hyung, you do know that you saw Hye Rin everyday last week? Would you even say no?”

 

“I could, but I choose to oblige because she asked me nicely.”

 

Jungkook started laughing, almost cracking up to the point where he almost could’ve fallen off down to the floor, “You’re doing this for the reason that you guys are going to end up together no matter what because of the position once you two head back home. Don’t play me, I spoke to my aunt yesterday. Watch, you’re going to end up liking Hye Rin REAL soon.”

 

Yoongi looked at his friend and stepped away from him a little bit, concerned by his sudden laughter fit, “Jungkook, calm down. She’s only a friend to me, I barely even remember anything from my past. I only know her as a new person I met, like all of you. Look, I have to go. Tell the others that I left already.” he grabbed his keys from the coffee table and started making his way out of the door.

 

“I’ll see you later, YoonRin!”

 

The next thing he knew, Yoongi’s water bottle started flying across the living room, and hit Jungkook straight in the face.

 

The young boy immediately screamed out in pain, holding onto the part of his face which hurt the most, “Thanks, Yoongi hyung! Sheesh!” he groaned, “This guy…”

 

That’s when Namjoon came out of his room, “What the hell is going on, it’s only 8:30!” he exclaimed until he saw how much pain Jungkook was in, “Okay, what the hell happened to you?”

 

“Yoongi is secretly one of the biggest as*holes I’ve met, he literally threw that water bottle at me.” he said while pointing at the clear water bottle.

 

The older one of the two scrunched his nose slightly, “Well, what did you say to him?”

 

“I made fun of him hanging out with Hye Rin all the time, and called him YoonRin.”

 

Namjoon looked at him as he swiftly grabbed the water bottle, and hit him himself, “No wonder! I would’ve been mad if I were him…”

 

Jungkook screamed in pain once again, “Ow, hyung! Don’t do that to me, don’t you like her too?!”

 

He groaned as he put the bottle down on the table, “Don’t talk about that. I’m going to start moving on, so she can live peacefully.”

 

The younger boy looked at his hyung, “Really? Are you sure you wann-”

 

“Go to the car.”

 

Jungkook, saddened that he was cut off, attempted to say something one more time, “But if you like someone, shouldn’t you try your harde-”

 

“Jeon Jungkook, I said, get in the damn car.”

 

He sighed, “Alright…” he said, defeated as he grabbed his backpack and headed downstairs.

 

----

 

Jimin looked at his phone for his schedule before stopping at his destination, his World History lecture hall, went inside and began looking for a seat.

 

One of the first things he saw, was something or someone that surprised him very badly. However, for now, he decided to put it off on his mind.

 

It was only until it was after his class, he ran out of the room and sprinted to his group’s usual hang out spot, where he saw Seokjin, Taehyung, Namjoon, and Jungkook all talking together at one of the tables.

 

“Guys!” he shouted for them, “I just found out something, why don’t you guys ever see me?!”

 

Taehyung blankly looked at him, “Because you’re short, but what did you want to tell us?”

 

He rolled his eyes, “Stop with the short jokes, this is important! I just saw Jimin! Jimin was in my History class!”

 

Jungkook just stared at him, “And??? YOU’RE Jimin, remember?”

 

The boy in panic groaned, “You guys don’t get it! You guys remember Kang Jimin, right? My ex-girlfriend who moved to America to live with her parents? Does it ring a bell now?”

 

Once they realized who he was talking about, all four of them suddenly widened their eyes as they all looked as panicked as he was.

 

“You mean the Jimin who you were completely in love with since high school but you told her to leave because you knew being with her family again would make her happier?” Seokjin questioned.

 

He nodded, “Yes, that’s the Jimin I was talking about! I was hyperventilating in class because I don’t know if she still remembers me.”

 

“I mean, she should…”

 

Seokjin nodded, understanding, “By the sound of it, you probably still like her, or think about her quite a bit.”

 

“That’s true, you sound so worried, you’re probably thinking about what you’re to say when you actually have to talk to her.” Namjoon said with a smirk on his face.

 

Jimin groaned, “You guys are no help!”

 

“Wait, you asked for our help?” Taehyung questioned, laughing a bit to himself.

 

“Guys!” a familiar female voice exclaimed, getting nearer as they heard her voice.

 

All of the boys turned to the voice, and saw Haeran walking towards them with a girl around her age, and to their surprise, she was with Jimin’s ex, Jimin.

 

“....” the male Jimin stood in silence as he stared at her, and the girl was surprised to know that one of her best friends knew her ex-boyfriend.

 

“Hey guys! Meet one of my best friends from middle school, Kang Jimin. She transferred back here with one of my other friends, but she’ll be on campus in a bit. Jimin, these guys are Namjoon, Taehyung, Seokjin, Jungkook, and this is someone who actually shares the same name as you.” Haeran introduced her to everyone.

 

Jungkook coughed to himself, “Well, that was easy…”

 

The usual Jimin looked at his friend with a mixed look of anger and disbelief, grabbed Yoongi’s water bottle that was randomly sitting on the table, and threw it at him.

 

The young boy screamed out of pain, “This is the third time I’ve been hit by this today...all by three separate people. Geez!”

 

The female Jimin stood there awkwardly, “Oh, I’m very familiar with all of them. I introduced myself to them years ago. I used to be very close with all of them, especially Jimin over there.”

 

“Hey, Jimin...” he greeted awkwardly, in addition with an awkward smile and hand wave.

 

She looked over to Haeran, “Can you go with me get my student ID card? I just want to make sure that I have one.”

 

Her childhood best friend looked at her in confusion because of that little surprise reunion, “Oh, sure. Let’s go.” she told her as they walked away, as she waved goodbye for now to the guys.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” Taehyung asked the one in the most shock.

 

Jimin looked over at everyone in the table, “Yeah, I guess so…”

 


 

I'M BACK!!! ....and then I'll be gone again because of finals. I'm posting two chapters today tho! The next one should be up soon, so please enjoy this one! Thank you! Love y'all, see y'all in the next chapter!