Mystery Boy

Lift Off

“I really can’t believe you right now…” Namjoon told his cousin, “You disappoint me, Green.”

 

The other boy sighed, “I’m sorry! It slipped from my mouth. I didn’t know that she’d realize it since she’s already much of a ditz to begin with!”

 

Hye Rin and Yoongi were in the car, the girl in the front, and the guy in the back, as the two were arguing with each other outside.

 

“What the hell? Stupid, if she hears something related to our country, she gets involved right away. She’s the future Queen for crying out loud!”

 

Green rolled his eyes, “Yeah, and she’ll be ruling the country with someone who can’t even recall his own past.”

 

Namjoon froze as he turned his head towards the other, furious, “And you? You think you can do better? You can’t even clean your room, so how can you rule a country? Get your sh*t straight and get in the car, you’re pissing me off.” he opened the driver door and went in.

 

“I’m not sitting next to him, that’s my car!”

 

The taller of the two glared at him, “I’m paying for half of this car, mind you. Stop acting so immature and get in the damn car.”

 

Green couldn’t object to his cousin, so he went inside the backseat as they drove off.

 

----

 

Once Hye Rin got home from a long day at the mall, she laid down on her bed and closed her eyes for awhile.

 

She only woke up when she heard her phone ring, and the caller ID said that it was Namjoon.

 

“Hello?” she said as she answered the call.

 

He sighed from the other line, “Hey, Hye Rin. I just called to apologize about earlier.”

 

“No, no. It’s totally fine! I’m glad I know a lot more than I used to. I’m very grateful for the three of you, even though you and Yoongi seem to be the nicest.”

 

Namjoon chuckled, “Green’s not in the best mood because of it, that’s why. But anyway, I think you should start to hang out with Yoongi more now, since you know. It’d be best to get to know the person whom you’ll rule with even if he doesn’t remember a lot. Slowly try to help him, alright?”

 

“I’ll try my best. Honestly, if I can tell you this… I’m glad that Yoongi is actually the Prince rather than someone I don’t know at all.”

 

“That’s understandable. But I’ll just remind you to not talk to him about Enia unless he asks, alright?” the boy asked, “It’s best that he has a slow recovery.”

 

Hye Rin sounded pretty cheerful, “Alright, I won’t. Might as well get to know him more the ‘Western’ way than the Enian way, right?”

 

He laughed, “Yeah, that’s best. Well, that’s all I wanted to call you about. But if you want, we’re all going to Seokjin’s house tomorrow to hang out like earlier, just without less drama. Do you want to go?”

 

“Sure! That sounds fun! What time?”

 

“Maybe around 12?” he estimated, “I’ll pick you up around that time since I can tell you’re pretty irritated with Green right now.”

 

She giggled, “Yeah, that’s pretty true. Well, that works fine. I’ll have to go now, Namjoon, it’s pretty late. See you at 12?”

 

“Mhm, yeah. See you tomorrow, Hye Rin. Good night.”

 

----

 

Namjoon, being the nocturnal animal that he sometimes was, was awake when his phone rang. To his surprise, Taehyung was calling him, at 3:45am, “Taehyung, why aren’t you asleep?”

 

“Hyung…”

 

He suddenly became very alert, “Are you okay?! What happened to you?”

 

“I’m confused about something.”

 

“About what?”

 

Taehyung sighed, “I don’t know how to approach a girl.”

 

The older boy widened his eyes, “What?! You’re calling me this late for that?!”

 

“I mean… I know you’re the only one left that’s awake, I tried calling all the guys but no one answered...except Seokjin hyung who told me that he needed to sleep and hung up… But hyung, you need to help me. I don’t know what to do.”

 

Namjoon sat back on his couch, “Okay, is it someone in our group? I can’t tell you much if you don’t tell me because every girl is different.”
 

It was quiet from the young boy’s line, “Uhm, you might laugh. I like Hye Rin.”

 

“YOU WHAT?!” he screamed, “Damnit, Taehyung! You made me yell, and now I might have woken up Yoongi and Jungkook. But you what?!”

 

Taehyung chuckled a bit, “Yeah… But I know almost nothing about her, and I know you’re one of the people who hang out with her a lot. I’m counting on you right now, hyung.”

 

Namjoon had to catch his thoughts back, “Uh, gosh… Alright, what do you like about her?”

 

“You have to admit, she’s really pretty. But I really like how she’s easy to entertain, unlike the rest of you, you all want to kill me for my jokes, but she tends to laugh at them. Plus, the fact that she’s so naive is an add for me.”

 

The older one sighed, “You’re you, and I can’t stop you from liking someone. I mean, you were pretty dang lowkey because you used to never talk about her. Are these your late night feels?”

 

The other boy laughed a bit, “Yeah, I guess you can say that. But hyung, what do I do about it?”

 

“I lack in experience too, but if I were you, I’d probably just wait it out and see if you like her more than you do now. Don’t rush into anything because you’ll definitely creep her out. Trust me, she gets uncomfortable pretty easily.”

 

Taehyung sighed, “Lowkey, I’m pretty jealous of you and Green. You two hang out with her way too much, and even Green acts like he’s her boyfriend or something.”

 

Namjoon chuckled as he got up and started walking to his room, “Green’s feelings are definitely one-sided, don’t worry about that. I’d probably fight him if he ever ended up obsessing over her. But Taehyung, I have to sleep since we’re meeting up tomorrow. Want me to pick you up?”

 

“Sure, why not? What time?”

 

“Be ready around 12. I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night.” and with that, Namjoon hung up on his friend and went into his room.

 

----

 

Namjoon was currently driving towards Taehyung’s house with Yoongi in the passenger’s seat, while Jungkook and Hye Rin were in the back with the girl in the middle. Once they parked in front of his house, the driver pulled out his phone to call the young one, “Hey, we’re outside. So hurry up because they don’t like waiting.”

 

Within seconds, Taehyung came outside and looked a bit timid, and right when he opened the door, he started talking, “I was ready around quarter to twelve, and it’s almost one. I can’t believe I waited for almost an hour on my cou-” he shut his mouth right when he saw Hye Rin in the middle seat, “O-Oh, hi guys. Sorry, I’ll just shut up.”

 

Hye Rin laughed, “It was my fault, Taehyung. Sorry, I forgot my phone and we went back to get it. So it’s my apologies.”

 

“I-It’s okay, it’s f-fine. I don’t mind.”

 

Namjoon cleared his throat once he got out of their parking spot and started driving towards Jin’s place, “So… uh, how was your guys’s morning?”

 

----

 

“So, what you’re saying is that Green’s picking up someone from his old high school who went to Cheongju for college? Makes sense.” Hoseok commented, “Is he bringing his friend here?”

 

Seokjin shook his head, “I don’t know, but if anything, I told him and his friend to meet us at the restaurant if he’s not here by four. But Namjoon, I’m surprised that you didn’t know your own cousin was going somewhere and you talk to him everyday.”

 

“He’s a brat.” Namjoon spat, “I’d rather not talk to him right now, honestly.”

 

Everyone in the room looked at him with a confused expression.

 

“Why?” Haeran asked, “What did he do?”

 

The blonde shook his head, “It’s between us, don’t really want to talk about it honestly.”

 

Jungkook nodded understandingly, “It’s okay, you don’t have to tell us. Anyway, we should have fun! Lets do something memorable today!”

 

----

 

Everyone from the group were sitting down at their table at the restaurant they planned to eat at as they laughed. They weren’t talking, they were just laughing.

 

Jimin laughed, “I can’t believe we actually had a pillow fight…”

 

“You know, I didn’t mean having a pillow fight would mean we would actually have fun.” Jungkook commented, “I thought we would’ve just played video games or marathon a show like we usually do.”

 

Haeran shrugged, “It just happened… We should actually start another fight next week!”

 

Everyone decided to stare at her, nothing, they just stared.

 

“Lets do it.” one of them said.

 

After awhile, Green came in and someone was walking along behind him, “Hey guys!”

 

Hye Rin and Namjoon looked at him and when they saw the boy with him, they froze in shock.

 

“Sorry we’re late,” Green started, “There was a lot of traffic. Anyway, I want you to meet one of my best friends from high school, Taichi.”

 

“Oh my god…” Namjoon muttered to himself, “What am I going to do with this guy… This isn’t good.”

 

 
Hi guys!!! A quicker update now haha. I'm just going to update while I actually have a small break. But tomorrow I have an essay due and I have a huge exam on Tuesday so I'm gonna start those now haha~ See y'all in the next update!