Cheaters Party

Lift Off

Hye Rin looked down at her homework assignment, her eyes particularly focused on one question:

 

“At what point is cheating on a partner acceptable?”

 

The girl cursed in her mind, “What kind of sick textbook question is this? How is cheating ever okay?”

 

She was finally reaching her procrastination period in her first college semester, and she was becoming pretty lazy with going to every class even though tomorrow marks the end of the first semester. Grabbing her phone, she texted the only person in her group that she shared a class with.

 

To: Min Yoongi

Hey, I don’t know if I’m going to go to school tomorrow. I have some sleeping to do on my to-do list.

 

It took only about a minute or two before her phone rang for a reply.

 

To: Park Hye Rin

Stupid, our final is tomorrow. See you at school tomorrow.

 

Hye Rin laughed at his reply, she knew that he would say “have a nice day” if they didn’t have their music class the following day.

 

To: Min Yoongi

You know I wouldn’t leave you hanging with our compositions, especially with our final sample. See you tomorrow.

 

She smiled softly as she closed her textbook and notebook. Hye Rin got up as she stretched, only to drop herself on her bed, ready for a good night’s slumber.

 

----

 

“Enjoy your break, and good luck.” Hye Rin and Yoongi’s professor stated as he stood up, grabbing his folder, and walking out of the class with his usual blank stare.

 

Yoongi looked at his partner, “Did we just...wake up at six in the morning just to give him the USB of our sample?”

 

The girl, stunned, nodded slowly, “I think we did…”

 

He facepalmed himself and sighed, “This is why I hate taking the bus.”

 

“You take bus? You don’t get rides from Green or Namjoon?” she asked.

 

The boy shook his head, “No, as much as it’s relaxing to just sit down for awhile, I don’t want to trouble anyone of them.”

 

The two decided to leave their room, heading to the dining hall since unfortunately, it was raining. Hye Rin and Yoongi were walking together, having a normal conversation until they both saw someone familiar to them.

 

“Oh, hey Taeji!” Hye Rin exclaimed as she waved towards the other girl.

 

Meanwhile, Taeji didn’t do anything and literally bumped shoulders between the both of them before walking away.

 

Yoongi looked back at the other girl, confused, “There’s something weird about that girl.” he stated as he rubbed his shoulder.

 

His friend shrugged, “Let her be, she’s probably just stressed from finals.”

 

“Well, honestly, I don’t like her at all.”

 

Hye Rin looked at him as they continued walking, “Give her a chance, she’s probably just really shy.”

 

He shook his head, “It’s not that. Whenever I hang out with Hoseok and she’s there, I don’t like her attitude towards us, especially towards him. She treats him like her dog, it’s disgusting.”

 

“I’ve never really hung out with her before, so I can’t really say anything.”

 

Yoongi looked at her, “I’m pretty sure the guys and I are going to the mall today with her, so come with us and see her true nature.”

 

The girl nodded, “Alright, I’ll go.” she said before she remembered something, “I forgot one of my notebooks in our room… I’ll go grab it real quick.”

 

He nodded also, “I’ll wait here.”

 

Hye Rin ran towards their lecture room, but stopped when she heard a familiar laugh coming from the room. She slowly walked towards the room, and peeked through the small door window, barely tall enough. Even though she could barely see, she could see who was laughing and why they were.




 

It was Taeji, getting intimate with a guy who wasn’t Hoseok.

 

Sick in the stomach, the girl decided not to intrude her illicit ‘lovefest’ and walked back to her friend.

 

“You didn’t get it?” Yoongi asked when he saw her coming by.

 

She shook her head, “No, I almost forgot that I already had my final for that class. It’s not important to me anymore.” she lied because she didn’t want her friend getting mad at someone he has no respect towards.

 

He tilted his head, “You sure?”

 

They both started walking again as they continued the conversation, “Yeah, I’m sure,” Hye Rin assured, “But hey… I was watching a movie last night, and it was about a girl who had a partner, but had someone else on the side. What do you call those again?”

 

“Oh, those. Now that is called a hoe.” Yoongi answered, “But remember, those type of people aren’t the best, so if you ever become friends with one, end that friendship right away because you’ll be into those.”

 

She chuckled slightly, “Oh, I know. My father was like that, so I know what to do with those type of people.”

 

When they walked into the dining hall, the two of them didn’t have much trouble finding their friends at the booths because the loudness in their voices was enough for them to be found.

 

“Hye Rin! Yoongi!” Jimin called out for them, “How was your final?”

 

The boy shrugged with a slight chuckle, “It was an easy way out. We only had to turn in our sample and that was it. We were all scared because we had to perform it, but he has a flight in a few hours that’s why he cancelled it.”

 

“Where’s everyone else? It’s funny how all you louder ones are here.” she smiled.

 

Hoseok smiled as well, “Seokjin and Namjoon have their final right now, and Jungkook’s about to come since his final is at nine thirty. I don’t know about the girls and Green though.”

 

Hye Rin glanced at her phone before she put it away, “Haeran doesn’t have a final, but since we supposedly have plans, I can invite her if you guys want.”

 

Taehyung nodded, “That’d be great! We’ve never had an actual group hangout with everyone in the group, so tell her!”

 

She nodded, “I’ll do it after I sit. But JinAe should be done with her final by ten, and Green should almost here already even though he doesn’t have a test himself.”

 

Yoongi looked over to his left, “Speaking of him, he’s already here.”

 

Their friend was holding two coffee cups, and once he walked over, he smiled at everyone, “Hey guys.” he looked towards Hye Rin and gave her one of the cups, “Morning, sweet pea.”

 

The girl grabbed the coffee cup with a playful sour look on her face, “Don’t flatter yourself, Green. You wish.”

 

“You know I’m kidding, Rinnie. If I did like you, I’d probably get too shy to talk to you.”

 

Jimin laughed, “For a second there, I thought you two were already going out.”

 

Hye Rin shook her head madly, “I don’t have the time or energy for love. I’m currently very happy being independent, so you won’t see me with a partner anytime soon.”

 

“Your parents don’t want you to have a boyfriend?” Jungkook asked.

 

She shrugged, “I never bothered to ask them before they left, beats me.”

 

“They left? What do you mean?”

 

That’s when Hye Rin looked towards Green for help, because he was the only one she could rely on for now.

 

Green shook his head, “It’s not what you think, they left for a small cruise. They should be back by tomorrow, right, Rinnie?”

 

She nodded with a huge sense of relief, “Yeah, they should be back by tomorrow afternoon.”

 

The group suddenly then got silent when Taeji came over. Hoseok gave her a peck on the cheek as he let her sit on his lap.

 

Hye Rin, on the other hand, death glared her, and never looked away for a good few minutes. Everyone started to notice, and even Taeji spoke up about it.

 

“May I help you, Hye Rin?”

 

The witness chuckled, “Yeah, how about you tell me abo-” she was cut off when Yoongi grabbed her arm and brought her over away from everyone.

 

They sat down on one of the high tables, “What was that about?” he asked.

 

Just by the thought of cheating, she clenched her fists, “That wench is cheating on Hoseok.”

 

“She’s what?” Yoongi exclaimed, completely shocked yet unsurprised at the same time, “What the hell did you just say?”

 

“When I went back for my notebook, I was about to walk into the lecture hall before I saw her making out with one of the guys in our class. That’s why I didn’t get it anymore, cause I didn’t want her seeing me.”

 

The boy looked furious, “No wonder why you asked… Well, she’s gonna get a piece from me. No girl, absolutely no one, can mess with my friends.”

 

She grabbed onto the tip of his shirt, “If you won’t let me say anything about her, I won’t let you do anything to her. I’ll just plan to rat her out as slow and as painful as possible.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Well, I’m not new to this, actually. I have stopped a cheaters party before, and it is the best feeling to give people what they deserve.”

 

 

Hellooooo~~~~ I'm back! I'm sorry for the unfrequent updates... I've been spending the past few months with bad moods and bad life situations, so I deeply apologize for my disappearance for the time being. Hope you enjoy this hapter, see you at the next update!