Filming

Like Lightning

ChenChenChen: Class trip to the filming set tomorrow! Are you ready? :D

Me: The question is are YOU ready? It's not like I'm the one filming~

ChenChenChen: Ok well I meant are you ready to see the twelve hot guys of EXO all dressed up and charismatically filming

Me: Oh I didn't know there were twelve hot guys in EXO. Are you saying you're one of them?

ChenChenChen: ...

ChenChenChen: Sit beside me on the bus and maybe I'll forgive you


I sat on the couch in the living room, while waiting for the other girls to finish fussing with their makeup. I was absolutely exhausted as I had practiced late into the night again yesterday, and today we had to get up early to watch a real recording of a variety show. 

"Kaja!" Jiwoo looped her arm through mine, dragging me with her out the door. We had actually become quite close over the past few weeks, communicating in actions rather than dealing with the language barrier. She was a really sweet girl and within this girl group, she seemed to be the one who I could relate to the most, as she didn't have a distinct role in the group either.

We got into the van and our manager drove us to the company building where all the other trainees were meeting. One of our managers stood beside a big bus with a clipboard, checking off our names as we got into the bus.

"Kim Jiwoo, Choi Yoonmi, okay." He said, checking off our names and gesturing for us to go on the bus.

Jiwoo leaped up the stairs of the giant bus, and walked down the centre aisle, looking for a seat. I searched for empty seats as well, but there appeared to be none. I thought that we would sit together, but Jiwoo abruptly sat down beside one of the girls from the other top tier group. She gave a very happy smile and they started chatting away, probably close friends from before.

With the only familiar person gone, I didn't know where to sit. Well, there was that seat that Chen offered me, though I really wasn't sure if he was just joking about that or not. It seemed that everyone was looking at me, watching my next move. I looked around quickly, trying not to panic.

Calm down and just walk towards the back.

I could see the EXO boys in various spots, dressed in casual outfits. Their hair and makeup wasn't done yet either, but I supposed all that was going to be done at the set.

I suddenly stumbled upon his familiar gentle eyes through the crowd as he looked up. His lips curled into a teasing smile as soon as he saw me, and reached out to pull me into the seat beside his.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I greeted awkwardly, dipping my head. 

"Annyeong," he replied, moving closer to the window to give me room. "Wow, were you going to sit with Jiwoo and leave me all alone?" He pretended to look offended. "Please I'm so much more fab than those trainee friends." I laughed at his act.

"Ah, sorry but I didn't know you preferred sitting with a trainee yourself." I shot back, raising an eyebrow.

"Well hey, you're not just any trainee, you're like a VIP," he said, settling back in his seat.

"And you're an idol." I chuckled, brushing off his comment.

"So how is training these days? Oh you started school right?"

"Yeah I did, it's a pretty nice school. I met some very interesting people." I smiled, remembering that EXO fan girl I met on the bus.

"That's great, see you're adjusting just fine."

"I was pretty surprised at how many people like EXO though." I teased. "I mean you are fab and all but..." He laughed, his eye smile appearing again.

The bus then started off, its gentle rocking making me feel slightly drowsy. I knew that I absolutely could not fall asleep here though. What if I happened to crash into him?

"Ha ha don't worry, I'm sure you'll have just as many fans soon," he said with a twinkle in his eye, "though as for your fab level..."

"Very funny." I said, giving him a dull look and stifling my laugh. It was pretty quiet on the bus, with the sound of nearby conversations filtered out by not only the roar of the engine, but also the language barrier.

"So are you feeling the distance between you and your family yet?" He asked.

"Mhm," I answered, trying to fight the sleepiness. "It's been okay since I've been so busy with training."

"Yeah that's what I felt too, it'll get better though, SM isn't that strict on the bans..." he continued saying something but probably trailed off.



I opened my eyes as the bus stopped, and I realized I felt a lot better than before. Sleeping on the bus was very comfy-- I have always preferred sleeping on moving vehicles since the movement always lulled me to sleep. 

Just then, I suddenly noticed that I was leaning onto someone, and it wasn't Jiwoo or my other roommates. I must have moved a little since I was startled, and then the person beside me stirred as well. I slowly pulled away, still shocked at how this happened. 

"Ah, you're awake now?" The person turned towards me and then I suddenly remembered that I had been sitting beside Chen! I was so close to him that I could see his defined collar bone peeking out from his plain white t-shirt. Somehow he still managed to look so good in it. "Did you sleep well? I didn't want you to be uncomfortable so..." he looked down, rubbing his neck shyly.

"Um yes, thank you. Sorry for the trouble, I was just so exhausted from all this training, especially practicing late into the night." I said, stifling a yawn. I looked around, afraid that people would be looking at us weirdly, but it was a good thing we were sitting at the very back. Everyone was also unusually quiet. 

"No, it was no problem, I understand. Training can be brutal sometimes." He smiled.

"Yes, it is very draining." I commented. The bus then stopped gently as we arrived at the studio. People started getting off once the doors were open so we followed suit.

We went into a building, going through a side door to avoid the paparazzi. It was very hectic in there, as there were managers and stylists running around busily, trying to get everything done on time. We were hustled into a two large change rooms- one for us trainees and one for the EXO members to get into their stage outfits and do hair and makeup. We walked through the change room and walked through the side door of the auditorium, where we would be sitting. The cameramen were setting up, preparing everything for the perfect show recording. 

After around fifteen minutes, everything was ready and the boys finally came out on the filming set. They were wearing these matching grey blazers, each one different and personalized for each member. They stepped up on the stage, posing. The lights dimmed as the cameras and the music started. 

The twelve charismatic boys suddenly started dancing; rapping and singing their lines smoothly. We were all completely mesmerized by their performance as the atmosphere of seeing them live was completely different from watching them on TV or the computer. Just as I was wondering where Chen was, he came into the middle of the stage, belting out high notes. I froze, his voice giving me shivers running down my back. He glanced straight at me briefly as he finished his note, electricity within those piercingly deep eyes.

"Girl, I can't let you go~" 

 


Short and fluffy chapter today (I'm cringing at my own writing since this was one of my older chapters OTL); I think those lyrics were from his high notes in Wolf? LOL just to clarify, this story is set in 2013 but has somewhat of a distorted timeline (in which EXO is already established by 2013 and has had many comebacks by then). Does anyone else miss OT12? >.< 

Thanks for the support y'all <3 enjoy~