YG Entertainment

We Were Epic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 7

Two months have passed since Jessica’s graduation and both she and Jiyong became very busy. She and Lee Soo Man had found an office space in downtown Seoul, 30 minutes away from where the girls lived. It was located on the 20th floor of _________ Tower. Jessica and LSM had agreed that he would help parent the company until Jessica was ready to take on the company, and for that she was very grateful. She already felt a lot of pressure on her shoulders and she didn’t want to disappoint anyone. LSM was also helping the other girls become familiar with their roles within the company. He had become a sort of father figure to all of them, encouraging and teaching them the ways of cutthroat business world.

All the formal papers have been signed so it was time for the designing to start. Since the company was still small, Jessica wanted to focus on a few specific items. Together with Tiffany and Yoona, they chose to mainly focus on sunglasses and dresses, with some attention on tops and bottoms. They agreed that simplicity and elegance was going to be their theme. LSM had also informed them that he was able to land them a spot in a fashion show for up and coming designers. They would be presenting 4 outfits. This is where they had to impress the fashion world, as many influential fashion icons and big name brands would be attending.

Jiyong on the other hand had been busy preparing with BIGBANG for their comeback, which was in a month. He had been spending much of his time (that wasn’t spent with Jessica) in the studio perfecting the album or in the practice room, dancing his off. He wanted this album to be amazing, perfect, exceeds every expectation.

He had been listening to a song that he wasn’t quite happy with yet when he heard his phone ring.

“Hello,” he answered without checking the caller.

“Opppppppa, are you busy?” he heard Sica’s sweet voice through the speakers. Leaning back with a small smile on his face he replied, “I’m just at the studio listening to a song that I’m not quite happy with yet. Why?”

“I wanted to hang out since I needed a break from work. But you’re busy so I’ll let you work oppa. Mianhae for disturbing you!” she apologized.

“Ani, you’re not disturbing me. I would love to hang out with you. Where do you want to meet?”

“Ani oppa. You’re working. Your comeback is in a month and it needs to be perfect for your fangirls. I’ll just see you another time,” she reasoned. Jiyong sighed, conflicted between continuing to work and hanging out with his princess (who he hadn’t seen in over a week now). Suddenly, he sat up straighter, having thought of an idea.

“Sica baby, why don’t you come to the studio? You can keep me company while I finish this up and then we can go out after,” he suggested.

He heard silence on the other end, and knowing her, she was thinking of all the reasons why she shouldn’t go to the studio. “Oppa, I don’t think that’s a good idea…” she started.

“Wae? YG hyung wouldn’t mind. Besides, I just need two, three hours tops. You can watch your hot oppa work hard. Haven’t you wanted to see the inside of a recording studio? I really miss you Sica, please” he rambled as he tried to persuade her.

“Aish, oppa. So persistent,” groaned Sica on the other side. He could picture her pouting. She was on the edge of agreeing. She just needed another small push.

“Pretty please, my beautiful Sica?” he said as he put in as much aegyo as he could. He heard her laugh at his aegyo before agreeing to go there.

“Yes! Call me when you’re in the lobby, okay?” he cheered from his seat.

“Yes oppa. By the way, are you hungry? It’s about lunchtime and knowing you, you didn’t eat breakfast and you probably also forgot about lunch” she nagged. He could hear her heels clicking on the ground and her car keys jingling. “I’ll stop by somewhere to pick us up something to eat,” she decided without listening to his answer. “Talk to you later oppa.” She had hung up on him before he could say anything else. Shaking his head, he went back to work.

--------

35 minutes later

Sica had just parked her white BMW in the YG parking structure and was now taking the elevator up to the lobby. She stopped by a sushi spot and had gotten them an assortment of nigiris and rolls. Next door to the sushi spot was a bakery. She bought half a dozen assort donuts for Jiyong to munch on as he worked. Apparently he has a thing for donuts, he really loves them.

The elevator pinged and the door opened to reveal the lobby of YG Entertainment. The walls were white and were decorated with pictures of their artists. To the right of the elevator was a reception desk where a middle-aged lady was sitting. To the left of the elevator was a set of couches and coffee tables, a waiting area per say, for visitors. She quickly texted Jiyong to tell him that she was in the lobby.

“Welcome to YG. How can I help you?” spoke the receptionist.

“Oh, uh. I’m here to see Ji-err, G-Dragon,” she explained.

“Oh, I’m sorry. We’re not allowed to disclose any information about our artists or their location to fans. For their privacy and safety, of course. Did you have something you would like to leave for him?” the receptionist said referring to the bags she had in her hand.

“I’m not a fan actually. I mean, I am a fan I guess, but I…” she started but was interrupted by a man’s voice. “Princess!” She turned to her left to find Jiyong a few feet away, ready to embrace her.

“Oppa,” she exclaimed, wrapping her free arm around Jiyong’s waist, careful not to drop the food on her other hand.

“Let me help you with that,” he offered as he took the bags from her.

“Thanks oppa,” she murmured as she glanced back at the receptionist who had a mildly shocked look on her face.

Turning to the receptionist, Jiyong apologized, “Mianhae noona, I forgot to tell you that I had a visitor coming,” flashing the lady and smile before intertwini

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter