Safe Travels

We Were Epic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4

For the rest of Jessica’s vacation, she and Jiyong visited the San Francisco Botanical Garden, The California Academy of Sciences, Coit Tower and many other touristy things. And being the gentleman that Jiyong was, he paid for majority (because Jessica kept nagging him to allow her to pay too) for their adventure. Tomorrow would be Sica’s last day in SF before returning to Korea.

“Ugh, you made me gain weight!” groaned Sica as they strolled around Union Square for new clothes. Jiyong chuckled, "Maybe you should have only eaten salad for the past two weeks then instead of all those carbs."

Jessica turned in his direction and gave him an appalled look, “And miss out on the amazing food? I don’t think so mister! I’ll just have to work out extra hard when I get home.” Sica made a determined face before looking through a rack of clothes.

Jiyong laughed once more. That had been a recurring thing during his vacation, laughing. Jessica made him laugh and feel like the old Jiyong. Before all the fame and drama And deep down, that scared him. He admitted that he was attracted to Sica, but I mean who wouldn’t? Once you get past her icy exterior, she was as warm as a chocolate soufflé fresh out of the oven. But Jiyong wasn’t looking to jump into a new relationship. He was still hurting from Kiko and he was sure that part of him still loved her even if they’d been having problems for over a year. Jessica was a great friend and he was going to make it a point to keep in touch with her. It was a bonus that she had great fashion sense.

After nearly two hours of shopping, Jessica and Jiyong decided it was time for a lunch break.

‘”Excited to return home tomorrow?” Jiyong questioned as he looked through the menu of the restaurant they decided on.

“Kind of. I miss my friends. But at the same time, I’m not really looking forward to going back to class to do all those papers and…” she groaned before making a split decision in asking Jiyong his opinion. “Hypothetical question, if you were the, in the words of your advisor, one of the most talented design students, and you were given the opportunity to start your own company, would you do it?”

Jiyong stared at Jessica, processing her question. “Are you telling me….No freaking way Sica! Are you serious,” he remarked in awe.

Jessica stared at her lap in embarrassment. She nodded before looking up and explaining, “My advisor said that she showed someone, I guess and investor or something, my portfolio and they were impressed. They’re willing to help me start a company. I don’t know the details yet, but she wanted me to seriously think about it before setting up an appointment with them.” She bit her lip, unsure of what to make of Jiyong’s dazed face.

“Do it,” he encouraged, “Look at it this way, when are you going to ever have the opportunity to start your own company? And have the investors behind you? Yeah sure you can do it ten years down the road, but what do you have to lose? Take a chance.”

Jessica stared at Jiyong for a minute before turning away. “I’ll think about it.”

He smiled, “Don’t let your fear paralyze you into thinking you can’t do it.”

-----------

After lunch, they continued to stroll through Union Square up to Fisherman’s Wharf, occasionally stopping of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter