New York Lovin'

We Were Epic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here is a longer chapter for you guys! Thank you for all the love and support! 

 

CHAPTER 15

The guys have been working hard for their concert. Rehearsing the remixes for the concert, choosing their concept for their solo performances, perfecting the choreography, it was going to be a tiring month but it was going to be worth it.

Jiyong had been stressed. He hasn’t seen Jessica in 11 days (since the night/day she got drunk) and he desperately wants to see her. She wasn’t ignoring him anymore. In fact, she texts him everyday, but it was different. She was putting space between them, purposely only talking about work related stuff or the weather. But any mention of him seeing her or meeting up, she made an excuse to not see him, claiming to have meetings or busy getting ready for the show. He was both angry and sad that she wouldn’t see him. He really wanted to see her, talk to her. 

He had made his decision a few days ago but he was making sure that it wasn’t a spur of the moment decision. He called Kiko to meet in at a café in downtown Seoul. He tried calling Sooyeon again only to be redirected to her voicemail. Sitting in the corner where no one could hear or see who he was, he texted Sica while he waited for Kiko to arrive.

“Oppa.” Looking up, he saw Kiko, and motioned for the seat across from him.

“How are you,” he asked politely.

“Well enough. Have you thought about what I asked you?” She got straight to the point.

He nodded his head. “I did.”

“And?” she prodded impatiently.

“And I don’t think we should get back together.” He watched as his words sunk in. Anger and shock spreading through her face. “We fought so much Kiko. It was so unhealthy. And I don’t even trust you anymore. I can’t be with someone I don’t trust. And honestly, I think we were just holding onto each other because we were so comfortable. I loved you, I did. But maybe it died a long time ago.”

“You love her,” she stated angrily.

“What?”

“That girl. You love her. I can see it.”

“Don’t bring her into it. This is about you and me.”

Shrugging her shoulders, “She’s a part of this Jiyong. You don’t love me anymore because you love her.”

“I don’t know how I feel about her, okay?” he started, getting annoyed quickly, “But it sure as hell doesn’t have anything to do with you. I don’t want to talk about her with you.”

“She will never love you like I do,” she commented pissed off, anger flashing in her eyes. She truly does love him, but she knew she was too late. A knew that a good man like Jiyong wouldn’t stay single forever.

“I don’t want her to love me like you do, Kiko. If I did, I would have taken you back instead,” he stated calmly. He watched as she stood up and left the café. Sighing, he ran a hand over his face, tired. He tried calling Sooyeon again, only to get her voicemail, again.

Deciding to pay her a visit, he drove to B&E. He took the elevator up to her floor only to be greeted by a receptionist. He nodded to her before walking to the design studio.

“Tiffany,” he called, seeing a familiar face.

“Oh, Jiyong oppa, what you doing here?” Fany was currently working with a couple of assistants (who were surprised that G-Dragon was in their office). She instructed the assistants with things to do and then guided Jiyong to a more secluded area.

“I’m looking for Sooyeon, is she here?” He was anxious to see her.

Biting her lip, Fany shook her head. “Ani, oppa. I’m sorry.”

He gave the girl a small smile, “It’s okay. Do you know where she is? I want to ta—“

“Oppa,” Fany interrupted, “Jessi isn’t in Korea right now. She’s on her way to New York. She and Yoona went to meet with a client who wanted a custom dress. Then she was going to meet with someone about a shop that’s on sale.”

“She’s going to New York?” Nodding her head slowly, Fany felt bad that Jessica didn’t even tell Jiyong. She made a mental note to scold the girl about it later.

“When does she get back?” He was dreading the answer.

“One week, maybe more depending on what happens…” He closed his eyes, frustrated and disappointed.

“I’m sorry oppa.” Fany squeezed his arm.

“Ani, it’s not your fault.” Giving Fany a hug, he told her he’s see her later and left B&E.

‘New York? Are you that desperate to avoid me Jung Sooyeon?’ Picking up his phone, he made a call to YG asking if he could take 3 days off. Getting the boss’s okay, he headed home and packed a bag before making Daesung take him to the airport. Five hours after he left B&E, he was on a plane heading to New York.

-------

“Unnie, New York is so beautiful!” Yoona was so excited to be in the city. They had checked into their hotel and was on their way up to their suite. They had arrived at the airport at 7 in the morning and had eaten brunch at some cute café downstairs.

“It is,” she agreed. Turning on her phone, she saw that she had 10 missed calls from Jiyong and a text from Tiffany. Opening up Fany’s text, she sighed at it’s contents. Jiyong knew that she had left for New York without telling him.

“Everything okay unnie?” Yoona asked.

“Mhmm, go get settled Yoong, then we’ll go out to do some shopping,” she instructed as they entered the two-bedroom suite.

“Woooow!” The younger girl ran off to the balcony to take in the view while she walked off to her bedroom to unpack.

An hour later, both girls were freshened and dressed, ready for a day of shopping.

------

It was 4 o’clock in the afternoon and he had just gotten off the plane at JFK. The first thing he did when he landed was call Taeyeon. 

“Hey Tae, I need a favor. Can you tell me which hotel Sooyeon is staying at? I’m in New York…I know I’m crazy…The Ritz-Carlton?...Thank you so much Tae! I owe you one. One more favor? I need alone with Jessica…Yes…Thank you so much!”

Hailing a cab, he headed to the Ritz-Carlton. By the time he arrived at the Ritz, it was almost 6 p.m. because of the traffic. He booked a room, and met up with Yoona at the bar. She threatened that if he hurt her unnie again, he’d be answering to her. She gave him a room key and Jiyong thanked her, giving her the key to the room he reserved. Practically running to the elevator, he headed up to see Sooyeon. Using the room key that Yoona had given him, he entered the room.

“Yoong, where did you---“ Jessica was dressed in a black night gown that showed off all her curves. She was surprised to see Jiyong and not Yoona at the door.

“Hi,” he murmured breathlessly, his eyes roaming her body.

“What are you doing here,” she asked with a cold voice, crossing her arms over her chest. He stepped closer to her.

“I wanted to see you,” he declared, stepping even closer to her.

“So you flew all the way to New York,” she bluntly replied. Before she knew it, he was in front of her.

“I flew all the way to New York,” he confirmed.

“What the hell is wrong with you oppa? You should be preparing for your concert,” she scolded, uncrossing her arms and stepping back to put space between them.

“I should be,” he nodded his head, agreeing.

“So what the hell are you doing here? And where’s Yoo—“ Having enough of her rant, he kissed her. He wrapped one arm around her waist and placed the other behind her neck. He felt her try to push away but he refused to let go. He nibbled on her bottom lip, asking for permission into . Finally, he felt her give in and open , so he slipped in his tongue and explored. Her hands were clutching his shirt, trying to pull him closer.

Suddenly, he felt her jerk away, trying to put as much space as she could between them.

“What the hell oppa? You can’t just come in here and kiss me!” she practically yelled at him. Anger flashed through her eyes, annoyed with him and herself.

“Well I just did,” he countered, smiling, pulling her back to him

“You’re crazy oppa. We’re supposed to be friends. Friends don’t—“ she growled at him, putting her hands on his chest to keep him away.

“I don’t want to be friends Sooyeon.” He cut her off. “Be my girlfriend.”

“W-what?” she asked in disbelief and surprise.

“Be my girlfriend,” he repeated himself. He pulled her closer, rubbing his nose against hers.

“I thought you were getting back with Kiko,” she asked softly, confused.

“I said I needed time to think Sooyeon. I didn’t say I was getting back with her.” He touched her face gently with his hand, his eyes permanently etching her beautiful face into his memory. “I’m sorry that I took a long time to come up with a decision. I just, wanted to be sure because I didn’t want to hurt you. I saw Kiko yesterday and told her that I didn’t love her anymore. I think all I needed from her was closure.”

Sica was left speechless. She honestly didn’t know what to say. ‘Am I dreaming? I must be,’ she thought.

“I was miserable without you, babe. I missed your laugh, your kisses, your dolphin scream. Everything. When you stopped ignoring me, I was like…’thank god,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter