FOUND

ALWAYS WITH YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sera.”

“KAI?”

“My baby girl.”

“Kai, where are you?” I searched around the dark alley. I could hear his chuckles. I searched for him yet, I could only hear his voice.

“Kai, please tell me where you are! Please..." I fell onto my knees and started tearing up. Just then, I saw a shadow hovering on top of me. I looked up but still found no one however, I could feel a presence.

“Kai, why are you doing this?” I sobbed with my face buried in my hands again.

“My dear Sera, you know that I love you right?” the voice said. As odd as it was, I could hear his smile; I could sense that he was smiling as he said these words to me. I nodded my head which was still buried onto my hands.

“Will you promise me one thing, Sera?” he asked. I looked up and gasped. I saw him standing under a lamp post, looking ever-so-handsome. I couldn’t get myself to move. The way his eyes looked at me and the way his lips curved into a smile all the way up to his eyes: he looked happy. I sat there, looking at him. He was standing a little far away from me but I could clearly see him.

“Anything.” I whispered. He then started coming closer to me. The way he walked made my heart flutter. With every step he took, I felt my heart skip a beat. As he reached to stand in front of me, he crouched down and looked me in the eye. He brought his hands to my cheeks and caressed them. I snuggled into the warmth of his hands. I loved it. I loved him.

“Sera,” he looked into my eyes. I was lost in his.

“Promise me that—“ he took a deep breath and smiled. I somehow felt that his words were going to break me.

“Promise me that you will let go,” he said and smiled.

“What?” I asked, unsure of what he was referring to.

“Let go, Sera... It's time to let go,” he said then stood up.

“Kai?” he started walking away.

“Kai? Where are you going? Take me with you. Please don’t leave me,” I said, tears b in my eyes. He turned around and smiled.

“I'm not leaving you, Sera. I'm always with you,” he said and smiled. I couldn’t get up. I felt like I was rooted onto the ground. He started walking away again, leaving me in the dark.

“Kai?

Please don't leave me!

Please...”

“Sera! Sera, wake up. Sera!”

I jolted up from my bed. I was panting and breathing hard. I took in my surroundings and came back to my senses. I was in my bedroom and Luhan was looking at me, worry etched on his face.

“Sera? Are you okay? You look pale...” he said and wiped my forehead with a towel, as I was sweating. It was the same nightmare again. This was the third time in just two weeks.

I breathed out slowly and looked at Luhan. He looked really worried and scared. My stomach just lurched at his worry written face and I ran into the washroom. I had this morning sickness and every day it took me twenty minutes to bring myself back to normal. I was in my 26th week of pregnancy and my baby bump is quite visible. I panted hard and look down at my baby bump, caressing it and smiling at the thought of my baby boy.

I then heard a knock on the washroom door.

“Sera? Are you okay in there?”

Oh god, I forgot about Luhan.

“Yes, I'm fine,” I said and breathed out.

I was nervous at facing Luhan. After that night, I started seeing Kai in Luhan and also started having nightmares. All the nightmares were the same: Kai would come into my dreams and would always tell me to "let go".

To let HIM go.

But how could I? He was my husband, and my everything. 

I washed my face and looked at myself in the mirror. Someone I didn't know stared right back at me: dark eye bags, pale lips, slightly messed up hair; I looked horrible. Every day, I started avoiding sleep because I was scared. I was scared at the thought that whenever I closed my eyes I would see him, see Kai, and I was scared that he would eventually persuade me to let him go.

Somewhere, deep down, I was scared of letting him go. I didn’t want to move on, I didn’t want to leave Kai. But I was changing and I could feel it. Whenever Luhan was close to me, I started feeling the feelings which I shouldn't be feeling. I started feeling love again and all the more, it led me closer and closer to my fears of losing Kai forever.

“Sera? May I come in?” he asked, knocking the door again. I opened the door and peered at him. As he looked back at me with those worried eyes, I felt as if Kai was looking back at me with the same eyes.

Snap out of it, Sera!

I composed myself and looked at him.

“I'm okay, Luhan. It’s just the morning sickness. Nothing to worry about,” I said and walked past him towards the bed. He followed after me and sat down next to me. I was looking at my hands, not daring to look at him but I could feel his piercing gaze at me, even though I knew his eyes only showed worry.

He took my hand and held them in his. I felt my skin burning under his touch. His thumb drew soothing circles on the back of my hand and, for some reason, I felt calm and the motion somehow helped me drive my worries away. I let out a deep sigh and slouched. He turned me to face him and held my arms but I tried to avoid his gaze, looking anywhere else but him.

“Sera, look at me,” he said in his angelic voice but I didn't dare myself to obey.

“Please,” he pleaded and I unconsciously gave in. I lifted my gaze and stared into his chocolate brown eyes that were looking at me so intently. I gasped when he brought me into his arms. His touch burned my heart and weakened me; I was losing to my weakness; I was losing to love.

We stayed in that position for I don't know how long. For some reason, I couldn't push him away. I didn't feel the need to push him away and, strangely, it felt like I wanted the hug rather than the opposite. To my surprise, my heart was yearning for his touch.

“It’s okay. I'm here with you,” the words which I wanted to hear the most came out of his mouth and his beautiful, soothing voice made me calm. Suddenly, I felt safe and protected. I felt like I was his.

He patted my head and my hair delicately that I soon fell asleep in his arms.

I woke up about an hour later and found Luhan still sitting next to me in bed, softly carressing my hair.

“What time is it?” I asked, rubbing my eyes then peering at him. He flashed his pearly whites and pinched my cheeks. My cheeks turned red, not because of him pinching it, but due to the contact of his fingers on my skin. He chuckled and I heard him murmur something to himself about me being cute.

“Just in time for breakfast,” he replied then stood up. He walked towards the door but stopped and turned around.

“I will meet you at the table,” he added before he left the room. I laid back in bed and ruffled my hair.

What was happening to me? Why was I suddenly so attracted to him?

Not finding answers to any of my questions, I got up to freshen myself and got ready for breakfast.

I went down and saw Ms. Jung placing all the food on the table. I went and helped her in setting the table, though she insisted me on not doing any work, I wanted to help her in some way to show my gratitude towards her.

After a few minutes, Luhan came down wearing a black suit with his hair styled back. He was breathtakingly handsome.

Sera, control yourself.

“Good morning, Ms. Jung,” he smiled and sat at the table as he greeted Ms. Jung.

“Good morning, young master. I made all your favorites today,” she greeted back politely and started serving him.

“Wow! Thank you, Ms. Jung. You are truly the best,” Luhan did a thumbs-up sign like a kid and grinned. I chuckled at his cute behavior and sat down with Luhan for breakfast.

After having breakfast, Luhan left for work, leaving me alone in the house without anything to do. I was not allowed to do any work since Ms. Jung told all the maids and butlers about my condition, insisting that I never touch anything related to housechores even if I pleaded to do them.

When I went up to my room, I saw that it was cleaned and spotless. I opened my wardrobe to find everything neatly arranged. Gosh, I was getting bored and lazy.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter