Chapter 23

Falling For You

Kayla made her way into the auditorium, hurrying down to find a seat. Sighing, she felt lonely, Lejna and Kyu Jong were in the musical so they wouldn’t see each other much. She got so attached so when this time came, she had withdrawals. They would al meet there, the break off based on what they were in and start rehearsing. A few minutes later, Lejna and Kyu Jong both arrived and took seats next to her. The producer came up and informed them that they would alternate between the musical and play in the auditorium, to start would be the musical, next week would be the play.

 

She stood, grabbing her stuff and waving goodbye to Lejna and Kyu Jong as her and the rest of the play cast headed out and into the other room to have their practice. Two hours later, Kayla headed out, looking for Kyu Jong who was heading out of the auditorium, Lejna behind him and a few other cast members who were laughing and joking along with them. She stopped, watching the scene with mixed emotions, Kyu Jong looked happy and Lejna watched him adoringly and Kayla felt as if she was intruding suddenly. She took a step back, turning away, feeling disoriented at the feeling of being an outsider.

 

“Kayla ssi…”

 

She turned to see Kyu Jong staring at her, a gentle smile on his lips. She looked over to see Lejna waving “bye” to her. Kayla waved and looked over at Kyu Jong, “Ready to go?”

 

He nodded, and they made their way out.

 

“How’d it go?” She asked as they made their way home.

 

“Good, went through some basics and all, it was good. How about you?”

 

Kayla nodded, “Same, the first rehearsal is always kinda boring, finding that rhythm. Next week will be better and we’ve made plans to meet again sometime in the next few days.”

 

Kyu Jong nodded too, “Us also.”

 

“Getting in as much practice as you can is always good.”

 

Kyu Jong looked over at her suddenly just as they pulled into the parking lot, cutting the engine. Kayla turned to look at him and smiled.

 

“I missed you,” Kyu Jong suddenly.

 

Her eyes widened.

 

He shook his head, a hint of red tinging his cheeks, “It’s silly, but I’m used to having you there with me. Lejna ssi was there and that was good but…I kept looking for you and you weren’t there,” he blushed, looking down.

 

Kayla blinked, thrown by his statement, she hadn’t been expecting that, “Aww K, I missed you too!” She smiled, feeling something like relief.

 

Kyu Jong looked up at her, smiling softly, “Jinja?”

 

“Sure! It was weird not having you around.”

 

He looked relieved as well.

 

“Yeah, you’ve become my partner in crime when it comes to going to acting class you know K. but this is also good, you get to become friends with more people in class now and more people will get to see how awesome of a guy you are,” she winked.

 

His eyes widened, and he looked away in embarrassment, “Ani, but it is nice to be able to make more friends.”

 

“You don’t have to be stuck with me all the time,” she chuckled.

 

Kyu Jong looked over at her, “I like being stuck with you,” he said softly before looking down at her.

 

Her jaw dropped as she looked at him and he looked away in embarrassment and she smiled suddenly, “Thanks K, I’m glad someone like to be stuck with me.”

 

Kyu Jong looked back up at her, smiling shyly. They got out the car and headed towards their homes.

 

“Do you wanna come in and talk for a bit?” Kayla asked.

 

He nodded, and they headed in, after taking his shoes off, Kyu Jong stepped in and started into the kitchen after her.

 

“You sit down, I’m gonna get some snacks for us.”

 

“I can hel…”

 

“Nope, you sit, I’ll be right back,” she said, gently pushing him out and over to the couch.

 

She came back a few minutes later with some crackers and a few cups of tea and sat.

 

“So, what’d you do this rehearsal?”

 

“We started to learn one of the songs, did a few lines and learned some of the staging, it was exciting,” he stated, reaching out to take one of the crackers. “How bout you?”

 

“Same, minus the music of course, but it was fine. I’m glad to hear it started well for you K, I hope it continues to go well. I’m curious to see if how we do things is similar to how it’s done for you back home. I’m sure there’s elements that are the same, but I wonder about approach and all that.”

 

“Me too honestly. I’m sure it will work out though, I’ve seen a lot of American dramas and saw a few stage shows from time to time and if I can experience even half of that, it’ll be amazing,” Kyu Jong said sincerely.

 

“With that attitude it will be!” She smiled.

 

Just then, there was a knock at the door, she frowned, standing, “Be right back.”

 

He nodded, and she headed over to the door, pulling it open, her eyes widening.

 

“Hey baby!”

 

“Terrance!”

 

He stepped in, reaching out to take her into his arms and she stepped away, not wanting Kyu Jong to see for some reason.

 

“Hey, what’s that abo…” Terrance stopped when his gaze drifted behind her.

 

Kayla let out a breath, she knew it was bound to happen but…

 

She shook her head, taking a fortifying breath, she turned to find Terrance eyeing Kyu Jong warily and Kyu Jong looked slightly uncomfortable but looked at him knowningly.

 

“Kyu Jong Kim, this is Terrance Hartland, Terrance, this is Kyu Jong, he lives upstairs,” Kayla announced, her gaze steady on Kyu Jong for some reason.

 

She heard Terrance exhale deeply and she looked over at him and he was watching Kyu Jong closely.

 

Kyu Jong made his way over, bowing before offering his hand, “Hello, it is nice to meet you.”

 

Terrance blinked, clearly stunned and thrown off by the bow, gave an awkward one in return and Kayla raised an eyebrow in amusement as Terrance reached out to shake his hand.

 

“Kayla has told me a lot about you,” Kyu Jong said softly.

 

Terrance raised an eyebrow, looking over at Kayla, “Oh really?”

 

She returned his stare and he looked back over at Kyu Jong.

 

“I can say the same for you.”

 

This time it was Kyu Jong’s turn to look stunned, “Jinja?”

 

Terrance blinked, “Huh?”

 

Kayla chuckled, “You sound like I did in the beginning.”

 

Kyu Jong blushed, “Sorry, I’m just a bit surprised, didn’t think Kayla ssi would talk about me to you,” he said.

 

“Oh yeah? Well she does, quite a bit,” Terrance said, reaching out suddenly to wrap an arm around her waist, pulling her against him in a clear sign of possession.

 

Kayla watched as Kyu Jong’s eyes flicked to his arm around her waist and something changed in his expression, he looked almost…sad. Kayla looked up at Terrance and pulled away, she didn’t want to do that in front of Kyu Jong and she didn’t like the whole caveman possessive thing either. He’d never done that before and she didn’t appreciate him starting now. Terrance looked down at her in question, reaching back out towards her and she moved away, closer to Kyu Jong. Terrance stared hard at her and she met his gaze head on and he sighed heavily.

 

“Well, I do not want to bother you two, I will leave,” Kyu Jong said suddenly.

 

Kayla looked over at him, “You don’t have to go K, I still wanted to hear about rehearsal.”

 

Kyu Jong’s gaze flickered over to Terrance briefly before shaking his head, “Ani, Terrance would like to be alone with you,” he said softly.

 

She looked over at Terrance who was practically glaring at her before swinging his gaze back over to Kyu Jong who he watched through suspicious eyes suddenly.”

 

“K…”

“I will talk to you later Kayla ssi. It was nice to meet you Terrance,” Kyu Jong said suddenly, looking over at him, staring hard at him.

 

Terrance blinked, watching as Kyu Jong bowed to him before giving Kayla one last smile before quietly making his way out the door. Kayla looked over at Terrance, smacking him hard in the arm.

 

“Ow! Kayla that hurt!” Terrance cried, rubbing at his arm. “What the hell was that for?”

 

“You were rude!”

 

“How? What did I do?”

 

“You were glaring at him, and what’s with the whole arm around my waist? You were acting like a caveman.”

 

Terrance continued to rub at his arm, “I’m not allowed to touch you now?”

 

“Not when you’re trying to treat me as property. I’m not your possession Terrance.”

 

He looked away, “Yeah well, I had to let him know that I’m your boyfriend since you failed to mention that when you introduced us.”

 

She narrowed her eyes, “He already knows that, he knows all about you”

 

“Still you couldn’t say it could you? Why?” He questioned.

 

Kayla stared at him, “Why are you like this? Why can’t you just come over and be with me without wanting to start ?”

 

He sighed and looked away.

 

“You said you want to do better, promised you would, but…” She sighed. “Look, Kyu Jong knows, he knows ok? I don’t need to flaunt it, I don’t need you staking claim, I need you to be mature about this.”

 

Terrance looked back over at her, raising an eyebrow, “Mature?”

 

“Yes Terrance, mature. Treating me like a toy you won’t share with other men wasn’t mature, not in the least.”

 

He cleared his throat, “Yeah well…sorry.”

 

She shook her head, “So what’s up? Why’d you come by?”

 

“I wanted to see you believe it or not.”

 

Kayla smiled a bit, “I don’t believe it.”

 

“Hey!” He frowned, and she chuckled as he reached out, pulling her into his arms. “So how was rehearsal?”

 

She rested her head on his chest, “It was ok, the first one so it was kinda boring, but you know how that goes.”

 

“Mmm, I’d be lying if I said I don’t miss those days though.”

 

“You can always join again you know,” Kayla said softly, “It’d be great to do this again with you, just like old times.”

 

Terrance sighed, “No I can’t, I have to help with…”

 

She could feel his frustration, not with her, but with his situation, of his parents making. She pressed her face into his chest, wishing things were simple again. She closed her eyes and was assaulted with visions of Kyu Jong suddenly, his expression when Terrance had wrapped his arm around her, he’d looked so sad, it really bothered her. Why was she thinking about it now? Of all the times to think about Kyu Jong, why when she was in Terrance’s arms?

 

~~~

 

Kyu Jong walked into his bedroom, sitting down slowly on his bed. He sighed heavily, looking down at his hands He didn’t know if he was biased because of all he’d heard and from what people told him, but all he knew was that he 100% did not, without a doubt, like Terrance. That part of him that he could never explain told him something was off, very off. He’d always told himself he wouldn’t judge until he met him, but now that he had, he knew exactly what everyone was talking about.

 

Kyu Jong lifted his head and looked out over his room blankly. All he could think was that he was going to break her heart, worse than he already had. He didn’t know how he knew, he just could feel it. There was an innate smugness to him, an arrogance he didn’t like. His need to claim Kayla as his with an arm around her waist showed his insecurity. It wasn’t as if he could say anything to Kayla, he couldn’t tell her the he let something was going to happen, and it wasn’t his place to do that anyway. He would do what he told Shane before, he would support her no matter what because they were friends.

 

As much as he wished she would…

 

He stopped his thought, shaking his head, it wasn’t right, they were friends and it was her life. Sighing, he flopped back on the bed, closing his eyes as he let sleep take him.

 

~~~

A Few Days Later

 

She selected the two-week timeframe and submitted it. Kayla always made sure to put in as early as possible for her time off for her birthday since available time went quick in the summer. Usually she had something planned, but not this year, she hoped that Terrance would manage to get some time available so they could hang out. She was still trying to get over his unexpected visit on Monday, she’d been glad to see him, it was nice that he’d made time, she appreciated it. Kayla couldn’t help this nagging feeling she’d felt though, it’d only increased after Kyu Jong had left.

 

She’d felt bad, as if Terrance had run him off, which if she thought about it, he had. She made a note to herself to apologize the next time she saw him, which she hoped was soon.

 

Several hours later, she made her way into her townhouse, kicking her heels off and starting towards her room, when there was a knock at the door. Frowning in confusion, she hurried over and opened the door, her eyes widening.

 

“Hello Kayla, may I come in?”

 

Stifling a sigh, she nodded and moved aside to let Linda Hartland in. Kayla shut the door and turned to look at her, “What can I do for you?”

 

Linda stared at her for a moment before responding, “I’ll cut right to the point, I’m here to ask you to do the right thing and let him go. He’s losing his focus, trying to make time that he doesn’t have to see you and I don’t appreciate it. Since you refuse to help me with this, I am asking you to do what needs to be done so he can help the family and our business.”

 

Kayla narrowed her eyes, “Meaning what exactly?”

 

Though she had a feeling she already knew.

 

“Break up with Terrance, let him go Kayla, you’re just holding him back,” Linda said coolly.

 

Kayla simply stared at her, not really surprised, more like disgusted by her audacity. “Funny, I remember a time someone telling me I was the best thing that’d ever happened to him, that I made him a better man,” she said, giving Linda a pointed look.

 

She had the good grace to look away at the mention of her words to Kayla.

 

“Things have changed, our situation has changed.”

 

“Becoming wealthy is a large change and requires a certain kind of woman that shows that money off well right?” Kayla said bluntly.

Linda looked up at her, “Your words not mine Kayla.”

 

“So, enlighten me, what exactly is wrong with me suddenly that wasn’t an issue before?”

 

“I just don’t think you’re a good fit for him any longer. He needs a woman who understands the business, what it takes, how things work,” Linda explained.

 

Kayla smiled suddenly, “You’ve become quite the snob haven’t you Linda?”

 

Linda gasped, “How dare you!”

 

“Give you a little money and expensive perfume and here you are trying to run your sons love life to give off the impression you’re pure bred wealth. I remember a time when you family didn’t have much and you were a good and decent woman. If this is what having money does to a person, I’ll pass,” Kayla finished bluntly.

 

Linda stared coldly at her, “With great wealth comes certain responsibility, of course you wouldn’t understand that would you?”

 

Kayla chuckled, “But what I do understand is how you treat another human being, money or no and this is not it.”

 

Linda glared at her, “Are you going to break up with him?”

 

“No.”

 

“Then you leave me no choice, I’ll have to get tough with you Kayla. I tried to be nice…”

 

“Ha! If this is nice, I’d hate to see how you treat your enemies, or better yet, your family. Oh wait, you try to control their lives and manipulate them to do what you want. Get out Linda,” Kayla sighed, turning back to the door and opening it.

 

“See, this right here is why you’re no good for him, you can’t take simple direction.”

 

Kayla sighed at her again and Linda shook her head, “You’re such a disappointment Kayla, seriously.”

 

“Does Terrance know you’re here butting into his personal life?”

 

Linda raised an eyebrow, “What does that matter? He has no personal life, he has the business and that’s all he needs right now.”

 

“That means no, I’ll make sure to let him know.”

 

Linda was seething, “I’d rather you didn’t tell him about this meeting, it’ll just upset him.”

 

“That’s too bad for you isn’t it Linda?”

 

“You are so selfish Kayla, you think of no one but yourself and what you can get. I bet that’s why you want to stay with him, thinking you’re going to get some of our money. Trying to use my son to get out of the depths of the practical poverty you’re in with that dead end, sorry excuse of a job that you have, and flouncing around like a moron with silly dreams of being in the theater instead of working hard like he did to make himself a respectable part of this family and our business. Well, I’ll make sure you don’t get a cent, do you understand?!” Linda spat.

 

Kayla felt her heart drop and tears welled up suddenly, she could take just about anything, but she refused to be called a gold digger. Linda blinked and for a moment Kayla saw an essence of the woman she once knew in her eyes, a look of regret before it was gone with a look of disdain. She refused to let the tears fall as she slowly made her way over to stand in front of Linda, a look of apprehension and fear in her eyes suddenly.

 

“You can take your self-importance, your business and your lousy damn money and shove it right up your .”

 

Linda’s eyes widened in shock.

 

“I don’t want any part of it and I sure as hell don’t want one red cent of your precious money. How dare you insult me like that? I used to respect you, you were like…I don’t think we need to have anything to do with each other going forward. Do us both a favor and don’t ever step foot in my home again. Get…out,” she said with deadly calm.

 

Linda stared at her for a moment before looking away in embarrassment, knowing she’d gone too far. She hurried past her and Kayla went to shut the door, tears finally streaming down her cheeks. As much as she was hurt, she was also angry, so angry that she could think so little, so low of her to suggest she was still with Terrance for the money. Despite it all, Linda knew the kind of person she was, at least she thought she did.

 

She slumped back against the door, trying to will herself not to cry. A few hours later, she brought her dishes to the sink, when there was a knock at the door. She walked over and opened the door to see Terrance.

 

“Hey baby,” he said softly, coming in to pull her into his arms.

 

She sighed heavily, resting her head on his shoulder.

 

“Hey, you ok? You’re shaking,” Terrance said, worry in his voice.

 

Kayla lifted her head and looked at him. Maybe his Mom was right, maybe she was holding him back. The last thing she wanted was to be in the way.

 

“Kayla? Honey, what’s wrong?”

 

She stared at him, “Your Mom came to visit me today. I’m gonna tell you the same thing I told her, if you could just pass it along to her again.”

 

Terrance blinked in confusion.

 

“Tell her never to come to my home again, she is no longer welcome.”

 

His eyes widened, “Why? What happened Kayla?”

 

“You should ask her Terrance, and make sure she tell you, don’t let it rest and tell her if she doesn’t, I will ok? That’s a promise.”

 

Terrance stared intently at her, worry in his gaze.

 

“She didn’t want me to tell you she even came by, but I’m not gonna do that, I’m not brushing this under the rug. I’m giving her the chance to admit to what she tried to do, to be mature about it. I won’t stand still for long though. Make sure you tell her that Terrance.”

 

~~~

 

The closer it got to the end of the month, the more excited Kyu Jong got. He couldn’t wait to go home and see everyone again. He pulled the headphones off, making his way out the room.

 

The director came out, “Good news Kyu Jong, your first single will be released on Friday and we have a bunch of radio interviews lined up and other things to start your promos, so be ready. You’ll have the weekend free to rest up and then it’s gonna be busy right up until you go home for break at the end of the month. Are you going to be able to do this as well as your acting stuff?”

 

Kyu Jong nodded, “Ne, I do this kind of thing at home all the time. Do not worry, I will be ready,” he bowed.

 

The director nodded and made his way out the room and he followed, coming out the booth and then leaving the room. There was no turning back now, after Friday, the true test would start to see if anyone was interested in his sound.

 

“Good job today Kyu Jong, are you excited about Friday?” Shane asked, slapping him on the back.

 

Kyu Jong stumbled forward from the force, “Ne hyung, and a bit nervous.”

 

“Don’t be, it’s gonna be fine. The interest surveys were great, don’t stress about it too much, really.”

 

Kyu Jong nodded, “Hyung, do you know if Kayla has plans tonight?”

 

Shane off in thought, “I don’t think so, why?”

 

“I thought I would go down to see her tonight, wanted to ask her something about our rehearsals. I haven’t had the chance to text her yet.”

 

“Nah, she should be available.”

 

“Ok good, thank you.”

 

That night, Kyu Jong made his way down to Kayla and Shane’s he’d finally gotten around to sending her a message during the day explaining how he wanted to see her. She’d quickly responded that she was excited to see him and for him to come down whenever he was ready.

 

It’d been a couple of days since he’d last seen her and met Terrance. He was afraid she would ask him what he thought, he didn’t want to lie, maybe she wouldn’t ask, he truly hoped she wouldn’t. Kyu Jong didn’t know how he would even begin to explain his feelings to her, he didn’t want to make her mad at him, especially after what’d happened with her finding out the truth about him.

 

He knocked on the door and a few seconds later it opened, a smiling Kayla on the other end.

 

“Hey K, come on in” she said, stepping back so he could enter.

 

Kyu Jong bowed and watched as she shut the door and turned back to him.

 

“Feels like it’s been so long since I’ve seen you when it’s only been a couple days,” Kayla chuckled, walking past him and over to the couch, sitting.

 

Kyu Jong made his way over, sitting next to her.

 

“First K before you start, I want to apologize for the last time you were here.”

 

Kyu Jong frowned, “Apologize? Why?”

 

“For Terrance, he was acting like a Neanderthal,” she sighed, shaking her head.

 

He blinked, “Oh…uh…”

 

“I just wanted you to know I didn’t find it cute or whatever, it was just embarrassing, and I don’t blame you for leaving, he can be such a bonehead I swear. I’m really sorry if he made you feel uncomfortable.”

 

Kyu Jong chuckled, “It is ok Kayla, you have nothing to apologize for.”

 

“I really do, he’s my boyfriend and he didn’t make a good first impression I’m sure, he never seems to anymore. It’s stupid of me to expect him to act reasonable…” she drifted off, sighing. “Anyway, enough about me, what’s up? You said you had something you wanted to ask me?”

 

“Yes, I was wondering if on my days off, yours as well, if you’d be willing to run lines with me? I really need all the practice I can get, I will do the same for you,” he suggested,

 

Kayla’s eyes lit up, “That’s a great idea K! I’d love to do that.”

 

“Jinja? Great! I need to get in as much practice as I can before I leave.”

 

Her smile faded immediately, “You’re leaving?”

 

Kyu Jong forgot he hadn’t told her about his trip yet, “Ahh ne, I’m going back home at the end of the month for two weeks,” he explained.

 

What looked like relief washed over her face.

 

“Oh! I thought…” She shook her head before looking back up at him. “Good for you K, I’m sure you’re excited.”

 

He nodded, “Ne, I am, I cannot wait to go home and see my family.”

 

She nodded, “I bet.”

 

Kyu Jong smiled, “Ok then it is settled. We don’t have to a lot, maybe once or twice. I plan to have someone help me out at home too.”

 

“Oh, that’s good. The director is ok with it?”

 

“Ne, I told him the situation and the cast knows too, I will be ready when I get back.”

 

“Sounds like you have everything planned.”

 

Kyu Jong nodded and smiled.

 

“Since we’re talking about vacations of sorts, I took two weeks off for my birthday in July too.”

 

“Ahh, do you have anything planned?”

 

“Nothing yet, hoping to do something with Terrance. I’m hoping also that maybe we can hang out a day or two if you have time.”

 

Kyu Jong smiled, “I will make time for you Kayla, always.”

 

“Thanks K, that means a lot. How’s your album going?”

 

“Good, my single is going to be released on Friday, so I have the weekend off before I start promotions. Maybe we can practice one of the two days.”

 

“Friday?! Congratulations! I can’t wait to hear it! And the weekend should be good. Oh! How about we go out for drinks and dinner after? To celebrate your single release, we’ll take a cab so we don’t have to worry about driving.”

 

Kyu Jong’s eyes lit up, “Yes! That would be great!”

 

“Ok that’s what we’ll do then. Saturday would probably be best then for me, is that ok with you?”

 

“Yes, that’s fine.”

 

“What time?”

 

“How about sometime in the afternoon? I’ll send you a text with a time Friday evening.”

 

“Sounds good,” she smiled.

 

Kyu Jong nodded, yes it did. He was glad she’d agreed to it, but also that she wanted to go out for drinks after, he would probably be stressed after the release of his single, he would need to do everything he could to distract himself.

 

~~~

 

The next day at work, Kayla was texting with Terrance on her break, he really seemed to be trying to do better. He told her he asked his Mom, but she wouldn’t say anything, but to give him one more chance before she tells him. Kayla agreed, she didn’t really care, he was going to know one way or another, she was just giving his Mother the chance to explain herself to him immediately.

 

She got up to throw the remains of her lunch away before sitting back down. Terrance told her he would be by that night to visit. She smiled a bit, she was looking forward to it, she hoped he would really change this time, she’d have to wait and see. After the last time, she was still really skeptical and his promise to come see her tonight did cast a huge doubt in her mind if she were being honest with herself. Kayla took a long drink of her remaining ginger ale before standing back up and putting the bottle in the fridge and heading back out to her desk.

 

That night, she was in the kitchen, finishing dinner. She made Terrance’s favorite, chicken and dumplings. She didn’t care for it, and neither did Shane, but she was always did it because it was Terrance’s favorite and his Mom never had time to make it for him anymore, so she’d learned how to do it from her Mom. She’d made it for him a few times and he was always really happy with it. She always gave him the leftovers which was a lot because she barely ate any of it the first time and it would just go to waste if she kept it.

 

Kayla decided not to tell him she was making it, wanting it to be a surprise. She finished setting the table, when she got a notification of a new text message. She grabbed the phone to see the message was from Terrance, she smiled, figuring it was him telling her he was on his way. She opened the message reading, her smile abruptly disappearing.

 

Can’t make it, sry, will call l8tr!

 

She stared hard at the message, slowly she set her phone down before reaching out, grabbing the bowl with the chicken and dumplings and brought it over to the garbage and throwing it all out. She washed the dishes blindly before heading into her room, she wouldn’t make that mistake again.

 

The next couple of days, Terrance cancelled on her three more times and her disillusionment grew. She knew it was his Mother’s doing, he never mentioned his Mother telling him, which Kayla took to mean she hadn’t. She was done being nice now, she sat at her desk at work, the radio on low, listening for Kyu Jong’s single to play.

 

“You’re listening to the radio? Where’s your ipod?” Liz asked as she stopped by the printer to make a copy of something.

 

“I have it, but there’s a new song premiering that I’m listening for.”

 

“Oh? What’s it called?”

 

Kayla opened to speak when she realized, she didn’t know. Just then the DJ on the radio came on.

 

“We’re back with another premier, this is a new artist named JDream with his single “Lit” here on 98 KSL, your number one hit music station!”

 

Kayla’s eyes widened when the music started and a minute later, Kyu Jong’s voice came through the speakers. She bolted up out of her seat abruptly, startling Liz who also jerked up out of her seat with her and looked at her with wide eyes.

 

“Ohh goodness Kayla, what?!”

 

“It’s his song Liz!! His song is on, it’s him!!!

 

 Liz blinked, “Uhh, who?”

 

“HIM!” Kayla cried, grabbing Liz in a fierce hug, hopping around with her.

 

She couldn’t believe his song was playing, he’d actually done it, she was beyond happy. She pulled away from a very stunned Liz who smiled cluelessly at her.

 

“I’m so proud of him,” Kayla sighed, and to her surprise, she felt tears streaming down her cheeks.

 

“Kayla…” Liz said softly, reaching out to grab a tissue and hand it to her.

 

“I’m just so…proud of him, he’s worked so hard…I just…” she stopped, closing.

 

He’d really done it, his song was on the radio, all the stuff he’d gone through, the things with his group had brought him to this point. Even though she hadn’t known him long, Kayla couldn’t be prouder.

____________________

A/N: Yay we're back and it hasn't taken me 6+ months, a personal best LOL! This ends the last of the 6pg chapters, so going foward they will be shorter, but hopefully more consistant with updating, so be on the lookout!

Lots happening here, K finally meets Terrance, Kayla learns of his trip back home and he learns of her vacation. Terrance's Mom comes along and acts in true KDrama Mom fashion, asking her to break up with him. Nice to see Kayla not being a shrinking violet. His Mom really is something else right? K's song gets released and we see just how happy Kayla is for him. Lots more to come, hope you're all looking foward to it.

Comments and feeback always welcome, thanks for your paitence!

MO~