Chapter 12

Falling For You

Once again, she heard a gentle voice calling her, a cool touch on her forehead.

“Kayla…Kayla wake up…”

Slowly she opened her eyes, looking up into a mask; she lifted her gaze higher into those familiar warm, gentle brown eyes, eyes now filled with worry and concern.

“Kyu…Jong?” She moaned.

He nodded, “Ne it’s me, I’m here to help ok?”

“But…you don’t…have to,” she whispered, immediately feeling bad for him being there.

“Ani, I don’t, but I want to, you need my help. I am here, there no place else I need to be, let me help you ok?”

She didn’t have the strength to argue and she closed her eyes again.

“We need to bring the fever down Kayla. I have some tea for you and some medicine, but you’re going to need to eat something too. Have you eaten anything since yesterday?” He questioned.

Slowly she shook her head.

“Ok, I have something, can you sit up?”

Kayla wanted to, didn’t want him to see her looking so weak. Shifting, she tried to sit up, but her muscles protested, they were weak from the fever and lack of use. She tried to push herself up, but her arms once again started to buckle, when she felt a strong arm come around her back and firmly prop her up.

“Here, let me help you Kayla, you don’t have to be so strong now.”

She nodded and allowed him to adjust her so she was resting against the headboard; she struggled to breathe, coughing harshly.

“I’m going to help you, but for me to do that the best way will be with me in the bed with you, is that ok Kayla?” He asked quietly.

At this point, she didn’t care, she just wanted to feel better and if he could help her to do that by being in the bed with her, so be it. She nodded, the pounding in her head protesting.

“Ok,” he said and lifted the covers, sliding under with her.

He turned away for a moment before and then came back with a tray table in his hands that he set between them on the bed.

“I have some rice porridge I made for you, one you eat it, you can take your medicine,” he explained.

She nodded; she’d never had rice porridge before. She got a spoonful and took a cautious sip; it was good, very good. Kayla took a couple spoonfuls and stopped, she didn’t have much of an appetite it seemed.

“You have to finish Kayla,” Kyu Jong said softly.

“Can’t, not hungry.”

“I know it seems that way, but you have to eat so you can get better soon.”

“I have no appetite.”

“I know jagiya, but try, please,” Kyu Jong said looking at her.

Kayla looked at him, sighing a bit before picking the spoon back up and finishing the rest of the porridge.

“Ahh, gomawo Kayla, now tea, sip carefully, you have to stay hydrated,” he stated, picking up the steaming mug and handed it to her.

She took a careful sip; it was differed from the other tea.

“It is citron tea, it is good for fevers amongst other things,” Kyu Jong told her, handing her the pill to take.

Once she’d finished the tea, of which she was upset was gone as it was delicious, Kyu Jong took the tray away and came back with another mug of the tea and sat back down on top of the covers this time.

“I thought you might like another cup of tea,” he said, handing her the mug once more. 

She nodded, shivering suddenly, “I’m s-so cold,” she stuttered.

“I know, the medicine will start working soon.”

She tried to sip at the tea and was able to a few times before she started shaking so hard it was nearly impossible to hold onto the mug any longer. Kyu Jong took the mug from her, setting it aside carefully. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders, moving in close to her. She could feel his warmth and tried to move in closer but the blankets were in the way.

Kayla shivered again, “K-K…can you get b-back under the covers? I’m so….cold,” she said, her teeth starting to chatter again.

Kyu Jong frowned in concern, “Ne,” he said, pulling away to slip back under the covers with her.

She moved in close, trying to pull his warmth into her. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders again, pulling the blankets up tighter around her; he gently pushed her head down to his shoulder. Once again, the room started spinning; she shifted in agitation, shaking harder.

“I can’t s-seem to get w-warm,” she panted, her heart pounding painfully in her chest.

“Let’s take your temperature,” Kyu Jong said suddenly, “Now before the medicine starts working.”

He procured a thermometer from out of nowhere it seemed, turned it on, and then put it in under her tongue. They waited the few minutes then it beeped and Kyu Jong took it out and looked at it.

“102.3,” he frowned, setting it down before turning back to her. “Hang in there jagi, the medicine will start working soon and you should feel a bit better. Until then, I will hold you to help you stay warm,” he said gently.

She could barely focus, she was so cold and tired, but she couldn’t stop shaking, even if she was holding still. Kayla shifted and was hit with a bout of chills and she pressed closer to Kyu Jong.

“S-sorry b-but you’re so w-warm…” she moaned, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Kyu Jong reached out to wipe at her eyes, “Jagiya, you have a very high fever. If it doesn’t drop soon, we may need to go to the hospital,” he said, worry in his voice.

 Kayla didn’t have the strength to argue, she hoped it didn’t come to that. Kayla closed her eyes, trying to force her body to stay still as much as possible. A few minutes later, she drifted off and Kyu Jong soon followed.

~~~

Several Hours Later

The vibrations he felt throughout his body caused him to slowly wake, he wondered if they were experiencing an earthquake, as the vibration was getting stronger. He brought his hand up to rub at his eyes and brushed the mask on his face and suddenly he remembered where he was. He looked down and quickly remembered he was not alone, the vibration he felt was not an earthquake, but the shaking of Kayla’s body. She was shaking so badly, so hard; it was causing his body to shake as well.

Frowning, he looked over at the clock, it was apparent that the medicine was wearing off and the fever was coming back full force. Carefully he slipped away, making sure she was covered fully before leaving the room. He prepared a few things and brought them back into the room. He made hi way back over to her, shaking her gently, he had to bring the fever down, he couldn’t help but wonder if he should call for an ambulance or something.

“Kayla…wake up…come on jagi, open your eyes,” Kyu Jong said gently, shaking her again.

Slowly her eyes opened and he let out a sigh of relief.

“C-c-c-cold …K.”

“I know, I brought some more blankets and I have tea,” he offered, spreading out a few more blankets over her, coming back around, he climbed into the bed and got the tray once more. “Maybe I should call an ambulance, you are burning up Kayla,” Kyu Jong said worriedly.

She slowly shook her head, “I-I-I can make it, I’ll be ok,” she said slowly, as if it took extreme effort to speak.

Kyu Jong took the thermometer and put it in and a few minutes later, it beeped.

“103.3, it’s higher than before. Kayla…jagi, let me call for help,” Kyu Jong pleaded. He was scared; he’d never seen a fever so high before.

She shook her head again; it was obvious she was in pain.

“I’ll b-b-be fine, I can do it,” she stuttered, letting out a ragged breath.

“Well try the tea and medicine once more, if it doesn’t work, I’m calling, I will have to ok?”

Kayla hesitated a moment before nodding.

“You have to eat to take the pill. I made more porridge, I will feed it to you,” he stated, spooning some out and carefully feeding it to her. “Slowly, don’t choke,” he warned.

It took about ten minutes for her to finish. She took the pill and slumped back, weakly pulling the covers tighter around herself. Kyu Jong slid an arm around her shoulders again, picked the mug of tea up, held it to her lips, and slowly tilted it so she could sip at it. The shaking of her body seemed to be getting worse, Kyu Jong set the mug down, hesitating for just a moment before wrapping his other arm around her, pulling her tighter against his side, he tangled his legs with hers, sliding his thigh over hers gently. He could literally feel the heat radiating off her in waves.

“Kayla ssi, is it bad?” He whispered.

She nodded, her eyes closed.

“Hang in there ok? Stay strong,” he sighed.

“S-s-sleepy,” she moaned.

He frowned as she shivered harder, another rush of chills taking her.

“Try and sleep,” he said, giving her a gentle squeeze.

“C-c-c-can’t seem t-t-to relax,” she moaned, her teeth chattering loudly. She looked up at him, her eyes glossy from the extreme fever, “K-K…”

“Shh, don’t try to speak anymore. Close your eyes, try to relax, go on, close your eyes," he commanded gently.

Kayla looked at him a moment longer before closing her eyes, resting her head heavily on his shoulder. Kyu Jong started to rock her gently, humming softly. He could try to help her to relax; he didn’t know if it’d work, but he was willing to try anything if it would help her to feel better, he hated to see her in such pain.

He didn’t know how good he was going to sound with a mask on, but he knew that at this point it didn’t matter. Kyu Jong closed his eyes and sang the first song that came to him, why he didn’t know, but it just popped into his head.

~~~

She could hear his voice, it sounded like he was singing, but she couldn’t understand what he was saying, it didn’t sound at all like English, but she wasn’t sure, it was beautiful though. Whatever that was, was it him? Was she simply hearing things again? She couldn’t tell, but the soft melody gently lulled her to sleep.

~~~

Kyu Jong shifted, slowly opening his eyes; he was warm, very warm. He looked down at the mound of covers over him and then remembered why and looked over at Kayla who appeared to be sleeping peacefully. Reaching out, he pressed his palm to her forehead to find it blissfully cool. He looked at the clock to see it had been at the very least four hours since she last took medicine. It looked as if the fever had finally broken. Turning, he grabbed the washcloth and dabbed at her forehead and neck, letting out a sigh of relief.

He’d been scared there for a while, the head radiating from her body had terrified him, and he’d seen his share of sicknesses with the members. He remembered when Hyun Joong hyung had gotten H1N1, he’d heard the fever had been bad, but he’d never actually seen him when he was that sick, but if it was anything like Kayla, he could only imagine how he must’ve felt at the time.

Kyu Jong pulled away, making sure she was covered and headed out the room. He pulled the mask off and let out a breath. He was tired, but he didn’t feel comfortable leaving Kayla alone, he didn’t know when Shane hyung would be home either. He headed into the kitchen and grabbed one of the bags, pulling something out extra he’d purchased as a meal and tore the top off. He knew he’d probably be so busy helping Kayla that he wouldn’t be able to eat.

Looking around, he found a bowl and dumped the pre-made rice into it. He made his way over to the fridge and pulled out a small container he’d put in there earlier, this one filled with kimchi and then poured it into the bowl with the rice and mixed. He grabbed the package of wooden chopsticks he’d gotten, opened it, slid the sticks out, pulling them apart, and started eating. He wanted to hurry; he needed to be there when she woke to make sure she was ok. He grabbed a bottle of water from one of the bags, opened it and took a long drink.

A few minutes later, he finished, throwing the empty packaging away before heading back into the living room. He put the mask back on and headed back into the bedroom.

~~~

She felt coolness on her forehead and sighed. She moved a bit and was surprised to find she didn’t break out in chills, she felt warm actually, too warm honestly. The coolness spread down her neck and over her chest a bit and she groaned, slowly opening her eyes, once again greeted by warm brown ones.

Everything from last night came rushing back and she shifted a bit, her body protesting.

“Kayla ssi, are you ok? How are you feeling?”

She looked back up at him and the fear was gone from his eyes, only gentle concern remained.

She took a shaky breath, “Hot,” she groaned.

He chuckled, “Yes, your fever has definitely broken.  You have a lot of blankets on, let me take a couple off,” Kyu Jong offered, standing.

He pulled two of the heavy blankets off and she felt immediate relief. She watched as he headed out the room and she shifted again, trying to lift herself up. She moved and struggled, her body still weak from the fever she’d had.

“Let me help.”

Gentle hands came around her, lending much needed strength.

“Thank you,” she said softly.

Carefully they worked together to help her to a sitting position. She slumped back against the headboard, closing her eyes. It took so much energy to do anything, she got winded so easily, she had done just that little bit of movement, but she was panting as if she’d just run a marathon.

She felt something cool on her forehead and opened her eyes to see Kyu Jong dabbing at her head with a cool washcloth. She gave him a weak smile, he looked at her, and she could tell he was smiling, even with the mask on.

“I am glad your fever has broken, I was worried, you were in a very bad state.”

Kayla nodded, “Me too, I haven’t felt that bad in a long time. Thank you for all your help,” she said softly, feeling slightly embarrassed over the fact that he was seeing her like this.

Kyu Jong shook his head, “No need to thank me, you needed help, how could I not?”

She stared at him, her eyes suddenly welling up. It could’ve been very easy for him not to, Terrance hadn’t and he was her boyfriend. She sniffled, partly from the sickness, but also from the impending tears.

“Hey, Kayla…”

She couldn’t stop them as they welled up and spilled over.

Kyu Jong frowned, “Wae? Why are you crying?” He asked quietly, reaching out to wipe at her eyes gently.

She continued to watch him as he frowned, wiping at her eyes again.

“Don’t cry Kayla, I know you’re feeling bad, but I’m here, you won’t be alone. I will stay here until Shane hyung comes home arrasso? Don’t worry, I’ll take care of you,” he smiled.

Kayla was stuffed up completely, she was highly contagious and here he was telling her he would take care of her as sick as she was.

“Kyu Jong…” she whispered

He smiled again, taking her hand, “Come, smile, it will help you to feel better.”

She gave him a weak smile and he nodded, just then she heard her teakettle go off.

“Ahh, I’ll be right back,” he announced, standing and making his way out the room.

Kayla watched him leave and reached up to wipe at her eyes again. He was going to stay with her; he made it seem so easy. Just like that, he’d stayed, why couldn’t Terrance do it?

“Ok, here we are. I’ve made you some more tea and porridge. You have to try to get your strength back and help your body fight this virus. Please try to eat it all, I know you probably don’t feel very hungry, but please try,” Kyu Jong pleaded softly, setting the tray down on her lap.

He was right, she didn’t feel very hungry, but she would at least try since he’d gone to all the trouble to make it for her.

“I have also brought you some medicine, will help with the muscle aches and the headache that I’m sure will start,” Kyu Jong said sympathetically.

Once again, he was right; she could feel it starting to come on already.

“Thank you,” she said again, her voice coming out weak and shaky, she was congested so everything came out sounding nasal as well.

Carefully she sipped at the tea to find she was exceptionally thirsty.

“You eat; I will take care of some things ok?”

She nodded and he left again and she felt strangely lonely without him right there. Kayla was half tempted to ask him to come back, but also knew he needed a break away from her as well.

Slowly she ate and while she hadn’t felt very hungry, she’d eaten the porridge as if it were going to be her last meal. It hit the spot and the tea was delicious, what she could taste of it at least. She finished it quickly and wanted more, she was so thirsty. Kayla looked at the door, wondering if she should chance getting up to get more tea. Just then, Kyu Jong came back in.

“How’s it going? Oh, you finished everything, good. How about more tea? I bet you’re very thirsty,” he smiled, picking up the tray.

Was she that transparent?

“I will be back with more tea, just rest,” he said quietly.

She had to get up to help him, she couldn’t allow him to keep taking care of her like this, it wasn’t right, and she wasn’t his responsibility. Taking a deep breath, which resulted in a coughing fit, she started out the bed, the cool air hit her heated body and she shivered. Swaying a bit, she started towards the door slowly, her legs weak and shaky.

“Yah! What are you doing?! Get back in that bed Kayla ssi!”

Kayla looked up to see Kyu Jong coming towards her, mug in hand.

“I have to get up to help you, you don’t have to take care of me any longer, I‘m gonna be ok.  You’ve probably got other things to do,” she explained, breathing hard.

“Ani I don’t, get in that bed Kayla, you’ve just gotten over a very bad fever, and your body is weak and needs rest. Come, back into bed, I will take care of you,” Kyu Jong stated, setting the mug down.

“But Kyu Jong…”

“Ani, rest,” he said firmly, helping her back into bed.

She rested back once again against the headboard, her heart pounding and her body shaking from the exertion.

“Aish, look at you, you’re sweating now. Too much, too soon,” Kyu Jong frowned, shaking his head. He grabbed the washcloth again and started dabbing at her forehead.

Kayla looked at him, “But why? Why would you do this? Aren’t you afraid of getting sick? You’re a singer; you have to be careful of your voice.”

“Ne, but I have this mask on and disinfectant spray, it will be fine. You need help,” he explained.

“But K, you have no responsibility to me, you’ve barely known me a month, yet you’ve sacrificed your time and possibly your health to help me, why?” Kayla pressed.

She had to know, had to understand why. Kyu Jong looked at her as if he couldn’t believe she didn’t get it.

“You are my friend Kayla ssi, what more reason do I need but that?”

Her eyes widened, “What?”

“Friends help each other, you are sick, you need my help and I can, so why wouldn’t I?”

She just stared at him, stunned. He was helping her because she was his friend.

“You’d do the same for me I’m sure,” he smiled softly.

They were just friends and he helped her, but her own boyfriend wouldn’t, wouldn’t even stop by. Kayla felt almost angry, or she would’ve if she had the energy.

“Here, have some more tea,” Kyu Jong offered, handing her the mug.

She took a long drink before Kyu Jong took the mug back and set it down.

“You should try to sleep more,” he said gently, sitting on the bed next to her.

She sighed, she was tired and it felt as if thinking used too much energy. The medicine she had taken a while ago was finally starting to work as she felt her eyes getting heavy.

“Sleep jagi,” came Kyu Jong’s soft voice.

Slowly she rested her head on his shoulder and quickly drifted off.

~~~

Shane made his way inside, yawning heavily. He was exhausted, he was glad to be home. He’d wanted to call to check up on Kayla since when he’d left, she’d been in pretty bad shape, but he’d never gotten the chance and he felt bad. Since he didn’t have to go in until tomorrow, he’d spend the rest of the day taking care of her no matter if she wanted him to or not.

He hung his coat up and stilled when he saw the various bags on the kitchen table along with cups and bowls, had Terrance finally manned up and come to help her? It was about time, he used to be reliable, but over the last several months that had all changed. Maybe he was finally going back to how he used to be.

Reaching out, he took one of the masks and hooked it around his ears, grabbing the can of disinfectant spray that was on the table, he made his way towards her room, spraying the knob and then knocked.

“Kayla? Kayla how are you? I’m coming in,” he said, carefully making his way in.

Shane looked over on the bed and stopped, so Terrance even stayed over? He was surprised. As he walked closer, he frowned, that wasn’t Terrance, it was…Kyu Jong! What was Kyu Jong doing there? He was supposed to have gone out with the rest of the guys last night, so why…?

He looked over at the mug on the bedside table along with the thermometer as well as the basin of water and washcloth. So it hadn’t been Terrance but Kyu Jong who’d stayed with her. He went up to the bed to find Kayla sleeping peacefully, her head on Kyu Jong’s shoulder.

Shane smiled softly, “Terrance, you are in trouble man.”

~~~

“Kyu Jong…Kyu Jong, wake up man, c’mon.”

He heard a soft voice calling him, groaning, Kyu Jong slowly opened his eyes to see Shane staring at him, a look of amusement on his face.

His eyes widened, “Hyung!”

“Shh, c’mon, let’s go out and let Kayla sleep and we’ll talk.”

Kyu Jong carefully removed his arm from around Kayla, making sure she was covered and comfortable. Reaching out, he put his hand to her forehead to find it still cool and let out a sigh of relief. Turning, he found Shane staring at him, a soft smile on his lips. He followed him out and carefully closed the door after him, reaching up to pull the mask off.

“Hyung, I’m sorry, let me explain, it’s not what it looks like,” Kyu Jong started.

Shane held up his hand, “You don’t need to apologize Kyu Jong.”

“But hyung, I was in bed with your dongsaeng,” Kyu Jong said, feeling extremely nervous. “I was just helping her, she’s been up with a bad fever, all night she suffered, I was just taking care of her, nothing else happened,” he finished, bowing ninety degrees.

He felt Shane’s hand on his shoulder and looked up to find him smiling again.

“Stop, really, you don’t need to explain. Thanks for looking out for my sister I appreciate it. The fact that you were in her bed with her tells me a lot.”

Kyu Jong frowned, “It does?”

Shane nodded, “Yeah, you could’ve gotten sick, but you were still there, you still helped her. How could I be mad at you for that?”

Kyu Jong looked at him in awe, “Really?”

Shane chuckled and headed into the kitchen, “Yeah man, really, stop worrying. I haven’t known you long, but I know you’re not the type to take advantage of a sick woman.”

“Ani, I am not.”

“Ok then, you hungry? Want something to eat? I make a damn good omelet.”

Kyu Jong yawned, “No thank you, I ate earlier.”

“Why don’t you go on home then, you have to be exhausted being here all night helping Kayla. You were supposed to go out with the guys last night, it was real cool of you to help Kayla instead,” Shane said, an apologetic expression on his face.

Kyu Jong shook his head, “This was important, it is ok. Hopefully the guys will not be upset, I never got a chance to call them,” he frowned.

Shane waved him off, “They’ll understand and if they don’t, I’ll make them understand.”

Kyu Jong smiled a bit, “Gomawo hyung.”

“No problem, now go on up to your place and get some sleep.”

“But Kayla…”

“You don’t have to worry, I’ll look after her from now on,” Shane announced.

Kyu Jong looked over at the door, he didn’t like the idea of leaving her there, and he’d told her he’d stay until hyung got there but…

“Hey Kyu Jong, it’s ok, I’ll take good care of her, I promise,” Shane said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He looked back over at him, he’d never even heard him come up, “Ne, of course you will, I’m sorry, I guess I’m kind of…never mind. I will leave. Let me just get my things and clean up a bit,” Kyu Jong gave him a small smile before heading over and gathering his stuff up and doing the few dishes even though Shane tried to tell him not to.

“I will leave the tea, it is good for colds, please make sure Kayla drinks a lot to stay hydrated, it seems that two cups works well for her, she’s very thirsty. There is still some rice porridge left; you need only to warm it up. She’s been having a hard time eating, please try to help her to eat so she can keep her strength up. If you run out and need more, let me know, I will come down and make more for her,” Kyu Jong finished, turning to look at Shane who was smiling kindly.

“I will.”

Kyu Jong shook his head again, “Mianhae, you know all this I’m sure,” he said, slightly embarrassed.

“It’s cool, thanks for letting me know.”

“Then I will leave first. Please tell Kayla goodbye for me and that I hope she feels better soon.”

“I will, promise. Let’s get together soon for a drink, I want to thank you for taking care of Kayla,” Shane smiled.

“That is not necessary, but I would still like to go for a drink.”

“Deal, later Kyu Jong,” Shane smiled.

Kyu Jong smiled and bowed, “Annyeong hyung,” he said before putting on his coat and boots and heading out.

~~~

A Few Hours Later

Kayla slowly opened her eyes, her head was pounding and her body ached. Slowly she tried to sit up, to feel strong arms help lift her. She looked up, expecting to see those warm brown eyes, but they were gone, replaced with the green eyes of her brother.

“Shane?”

“Yeah it’s me, c’mon, let’s get you sitting up,” he said, his voice muffled by the mask he wore.

Carefully she sat up, panting a bit.

“How do you feel?”

“My head hurts, body too.”

“Yeah, I have some medicine, hang on,” Shane said before making his way out the room.

Kayla sighed heavily and turned her head, the basin of water and thermometer was gone, and everything cleaned up. She looked around the room, something was wrong. Shane made his way back into the room, the tray table was in his hands, and he set it down carefully on her lap.

“I didn’t know you’d gotten one of those.”

“I didn’t,” she said softly.

“Oh yeah? Wonder where it came from then, I didn’t get it.”

She looked up at him, “It was Kyu Jong, he brought it.”

“He must’ve forgotten it; I’ll have to make sure I give it back to him.”

“He’s not here?” She asked.

“Oh nah, I sent him home a few hours ago to get rest, he was exhausted,” Shane explained.

Kayla looked down at the tray; there was a bowl of the porridge and a mug of tea, the pills beside it. It felt wrong, it felt wrong to be there and him gone, that’s what she was feeling earlier, she was missing his presence, his calming presence. For some reason, she felt sad, sad and alone.

“C’mon Kayla, eat up so you can get well.”

“Not hungry,” she said, sniffling, wiping at her nose with a tissue.

Shane chuckled, “Kyu Jong told me you’ve been having a hard time eating, but you need to. C’mon, he has the porridge he left here for you; you don’t want it to go to waste do you? He made it so you’d feel better, eat it please,” Shane finished.

She looked back up at him who was watching her closely. Kayla didn’t know what was going on, but she wanted him there, needed him there for some reason. She bit her lip and looked back down at the bowl, slowly she started to eat.

“Good, thanks. Take your pills and rest. Kyu Jong told me to tell you he hopes you feel better soon and he wanted me to tell you bye,” Shane smiled as he made his way out.

She continued eating, trying to shake the lonely feeling, but she couldn’t. She sipped at the tea and sighed which brought on another coughing fit. After finishing, she managed to set the tray aside and grab her phone, turning it on. She got several messages from Lillian and Liz wanting to make sure she was ok. She got an angry one from Chanile, stating she was mad she had to find out from Lillian that she was sick and that she should’ve called her. She then went on to say she’d be by in the evening to see how she was doing. Kayla smiled, it was rare for Chanile to be around when she was sick, she was funny about that, she must’ve been serious about how upset she was at her not telling her.

Kayla checked her text messages and was stunned to see one from Kyu Jong from a few hours ago. He told her he hoped she felt better soon and to make sure she ate and kept drinking to get her energy back. He then went on to tell her he hoped to see her soon. She read the message over and over and couldn’t help but smile, she felt a bit better. She got a few other messages, but one she noticed was missing, a message from Terrance. No text or voicemail message from him.

Kayla shook her head and set the phone down before sliding under the covers.

_____________________________________________________________________

an: Hello! We're back and we see how bad of a flu Kayla has. Luckily Kyu Jong is there to help her out. He's so protective of her too. especially at the end when Shane comes to take over, it's very sweet. He did such a good job, so attentive and caring, he would definately make being sick just a bit easier. I think they've reached a small turning point in their friendship, we'll have to see how it progresses. Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment and/or leave feedback, it really motovates and helps me.

'Till next time!

MO~