Chapter 19

Falling For You

Thursday

 

Kayla sat back down at her desk, opening the small door to take the paperwork from the next patient. She looked over as Lillian came in, a stack of files in her hands.

 

“It’s so busy today I can barely breathe!” She frowned.

 

“I know, for a Thursday, it is insanely busy,” Kayla sighed, standing and heading to the copier.

 

“So, I never got to ask, how’d everything go with Kyu Jong?” Lillian asked, smiling as she sat down at her desk, starting to input data into the calendar.

 

“It was really nice, we spent the entire day out, he seemed to really enjoy it.”

 

“So, the gallery and Broadway show was a hit huh?”

 

“Oh yeah, I was really scared honestly. I feel like I know so little about him and what he likes, I feel like it was hit or miss.”

 

“Well you did well apparently,” Lillian grinned.

 

“Yeah thankfully. You know what was odd? Several times he was approached by young girls asked for his autograph and pictures,” Kayla explained, sitting back down.

 

Lillian frowned in confusion, “Autographs and pictures? Why?” She asked, swiveling around in her chair to look at her.

 

“He said it was because of the musicals he as in back home.”

 

Lillian blinked, “Those must be some musicals.”

 

“That’s what I said!” Kayla cried, shaking her head in awe, setting the ready file down in the box of patients waiting to be seen.

 

“He must’ve been pretty surprised he was recognized here,” Lillian said, turning back to the computer.

 

“I think he was, but he looked pretty comfortable doing it though, he must’ve done it a lot at home.”

 

Lillian nodded, “Seem so, that sound really cool, he must be very good.”

 

“Well I only really saw him act once in class so far, but it was really good, short since it was just an exercise.”

 

“It’ll be great to see him do something more involved.”

 

“Yeah, I’m looking forward to the musical and play at the end of the class.”

 

“You know we have to go to that this time, no excuses,” Lillian said firmly.

 

Kayla chuckled, “I appreciate that. Casting is going to start for it sometime next month,” she explained.

 

“Which one do you want?” Lillian asked, grabbing the document she’d just printed out the tray.

 

“Ideally the play, my singing skills are passable at best, it’s not my strong suit for sure.”

 

“I’ve heard you sing, you’re not bad,” Lillian grinned.

 

“Yeah right, I’d rather stick with what I’m better at and that’s acting, I’ll leave the singing to the professionals.”

 

That Night

 

Kayla stood and brought the dirty dishes into the kitchen and proceeded to wash s=them before putting them way. Again, her thoughts drifted to yesterday, she’d loved spending time with Kyu Jong, it’d been the first time she’d been with him like that. The fact of the matter was that the whole thing had been comfortable, Kyu Jong had been extremely easy to be around, she’d forgotten how it was to be with someone and not have to worry about them leaving in the middle, to have someone who actually paid attention and was grateful.

 

Kayla made her way out of the kitchen and headed into her bedroom. It’d been awhile since she’d heard from Terrance, while she wasn’t really surprised, she was a bit disappointed. Deep down she knew she wasn’t wrong and she also knew that he knew that she wasn’t either. His actions on the other h and had been, very wrong. Terrance had never been good at admitting when he was wrong, never good at apologizing, always finding a way around it, some backhanded way to state it. Normally she’d just accept it, but this time she just couldn’t, it was going too far, too much of an assassination on her character.

 

She slumped down on the bed, sighing heavily. Part of her kept thinking she should just reach out to him, she did in a way miss him. The outing with Kyu Jong made her see that, she missed going out, doing things like that, it should’ve been Terrance. She heard footsteps above her and looked up, Kyu Jong must’ve just gotten home. She’d heard him leave early that morning before she left for work. He’d said he’d taken a few days off, he’d been out all day it seemed, maybe he’d ended up having other plans with someone. Kayla found herself wishing she could be the one he hung out with again, hell she just wanted to see him again. They’d spend the whole day together yesterday, she wanted to give him a break, but she couldn’t help but have that need to see him again.

 

Kayla remembered the girls that had come up to him yesterday, she had to see what those musicals were about, she figured she could probably do a search on google or YouTube and maybe someone would’ve happened to film some of it. Reaching out, she went for her laptop, when suddenly she heard the front door open.

 

“Kayla? You here?”

 

She slid off the bed and hurried out the room, she’d check later.

 

Sunday Afternoon

 

Kayla made her way in, lugging several bags of groceries with her, shutting the door with her foot. She hurried over, setting the bags on the kitchen table before hurrying back over to take her coat and boots off. She couldn’t wait for the nice weather to come, she was tired of all the heavy winter clothes, she was tired of the cold period.

 

After putting her coat away, she went over and started unloading her bags and putting stuff away. She had to hurry up and get dinner going, Shane had said he was going to try to be home for dinner, she wanted to make sure she was prepared if he did. Once the groceries were put away, she started in on dinner. She debated on checking to see if Kyu Jong wanted to join them, she hadn’t seen him since Tuesday, she wondered how he was and if he was enjoying his time off.

 

He was still in and out a bit, she heard him leave earlier before she’d gone out, but hadn’t heard him since she’d been home. Kayla prepped the chicken and slid it in the oven and started on making the mashed potatoes. Tomorrow was acting class, she hoped Kyu Jong would allow her to take him home this time, it’d been weird to not have him there last week.

 

She headed back out to the living room and turned the TV on before heading back into the kitchen.

 

Several Hours Later

 

Kayla finished washing the dishes and dried them and put them away. Shane never came home, he’d called and apologized but explained that he couldn’t make it. She’d been disappointed it but understood it couldn’t be helped. He promised they’d have dinner together during the week sometime.

 

She flipped the light off and headed into her room when she heard footsteps above her, Kyu Jong had come home about an hour ago, and as always, had been pretty quiet. She was sorely tempted to go up there. She sat down on the bed, reaching out, she grabbed the remote for her TV. Seeing her laptop, she snatched that instead, turning it on. She leisurely checked her email and a few other sites and was just getting ready to turn it off when she remembered she was going to look up Kyu Jong’s musicals.

 

Kayla opened up Google and typed in “Kyu Jong Kim musicals”, someone would’ve had to have at least tagged his name in one of the videos or articles or something, she couldn’t believe there was nothing since he was getting noticed out in public here of all places. The first thing that came up were images of a guy in what looked like some sort of uniform standing next to a girl in a skirt. She clicked on the photo, it was definitely Kyu Jong, but he looked a lot younger. She backed out and scrolled across other pics, all of him with a young woman and he still had that uniform on, looked almost like a prince’s dress clothes. She swiped down a bit further and found several videos about him in some musical called “Goong” and something about SS501. Frowning, she picked one and tapped on it, another page loaded and YouTube came up. After a few seconds, the video started and there was Kyu Jong!

 

 

He was speaking in Korean, she had no idea what was said, but then music started playing and he got down on one knee and the girl he was with started singing. Kayla watched in fascination, the girl had a very nice voice, she smiled a bit and then the smile faded when Kyu Jong suddenly started singing, he sounded amazing. His voice was soft, gentle, it was like talking to him, she couldn’t tare her eyes away. She watched intently as he held hands with the girl and they sang together, suddenly at the end, he pulled the girl into his arms for a hug and leaned in just as the lighted dimmed. The crowd went crazy and the video, obviously taken from someone in the audience, stopped.

 

Kayla continued to stare at the screen for a few seconds before backing out. She watched a few more videos of him in the musical, fully understanding why he had young girls asking for his autograph, he was really great and it looked as if the reviews had been good as well. Smiling, she went to close out of the search, when something caught her eye. It was a listing on Wikipedia under the name “Kim Kyu Jong”, that was weird, was there someone else with his name? A woman with the last name of Kyu Jong?

 

She read the first line:

 

***“Kim Kyu Jong is a South Korea entertainer, actor and member of boyband SS501.”

 

An actor, member of a boyband? And there was that thing again, SS501, that was a band? Who was this person? A sense of dread washed over her as she tapped on the link, her eyes widening when the page loaded, it was him, it was Kyu Jong! Slowly she scrolled down the page and a few minutes later, Kayla sat, staring blankly at the screen.

 

Who the hell was he?

 

Standing, he hurried out her room, pulled her boots and coat on, grabbed her purse and rushed out.

 

~~~

 

Kyu Jong finished putting the dishes away and headed into the bathroom. He got everything ready for a quick shower and twenty minutes later he made his way out, heading into his bedroom to get dressed. This was his last day off, it was back to work tomorrow and also acting class, he was looking forward to it. He hoped he’d be able to come back with Kayla as usual. After Thursday, it seemed to be back to normal even though he hadn’t heard from her since.

 

The whole day had been great, he’d never forget it. Just then the notification on his phone went off and he grabbed it from off the dresser. He turned the screen on to see he’d gotten a new text message and he tapped on the icon to see it as from Kayla. Smiling, he opened it.

 

“Can u come down pls.”

 

He smiled wider, turning the screen off, quickly dressing, grabbing his keys and then hurried out. He hadn’t seen her since Wednesday and so he was looking forward to hanging out with her again.

 

He knocked on the door.

 

“Come in,” the voice called.

 

Reaching out, Kyu Jong turned the knob and poked his head in, “Anyeong Kayla ssi.”

 

He made his way in, shutting the door and turned to her, frowning when he got a good look at her. She looked upset, almost nervous.

 

“Kayla? Is everything ok? What’s wrong?”

 

He watched as Kayla looked around blindly for a moment before bringing her eyes to his finally and Kyu Jong blinked. Her eyes looked so sad, sad and worried.

 

“Kayla?”

 

“You know, I found it odd that you got stopped for your autograph or picture. I mean, in some circumstances, it’s normal, but for me and the people I hang out with, it’s not. Shane is around that kind of thing more than me,” she started.

 

Kyu Jong continued to watch her, nervousness starting to seep into his body.

 

“You said it was because of the musicals you were in and that made me wonder, I had to see. I had no doubt you were good, but I was curious you know? How could I not be after what I saw happen several times.”

 

He swallowed hard, his heart starting to pound harder and harder.

 

“So, I did a Google search and I found clips from one that someone in the audience must’ve taken, you’re very good K,” she said smiling a bit.

 

“Gomawo,” he said softly, his voice barely audible.

 

He shifted, the aura in the room changed suddenly, he could feel it, sense it, it got colder.

 

“It would’ve been ok if it just…” she stopped, looking away for a moment before looking at the screen of the laptop sitting on the coffee table in front of her. “But then I saw something else, I saw someone who has your name or what looked similar to your name, a woman with the last name Kyu Jong, only it wasn’t,” she said quietly.

 

Kyu Jong’s heart pounded harder still.

 

“When I clicked on the link, I found it wasn’t woman, but a guy, a famous guy. So, I read about him and I found out some really startling information. He’s…truly famous, considered an idol in South Korea. He’s an actor, singer, he’s in a group and guess what?” She said before reaching out and grabbing a remote from off the table and pressing a button, suddenly the sounds of his song “Yesterday” filled the room.

 

Kyu Jong stilled, his eyes widened and flew to the dvd player, his heart stopped. Kyu Jong slowly brought his gaze over to Kayla and she reached out once again and grabbed something else from off the table and held it up.

 

“He has an album out.”

 

He let out a breath, in her hand was his “” album.

 

“Actually, he has a few out and several with his group too. I thought it had to be a coincidence because he looked just like you. I thought it couldn’t be, but then I went out and bought the albums and when I looked at them…”

 

She opened the album to a page and turned it back to him, “I realized that it wasn’t someone else, it was you. Stupid me didn’t know that in your country, it’s last name first. Kyu Jong Kim is Kim Kyu Jong…you,” Kayla finished, setting the album down and turning the cd off, throwing them into a loud silence.

 

She finally brought her gaze back to his and patted the spot next to her on the couch, “Come here please,” she said softly.

 

Kyu Jong bit his lip, pulling his shoes off before slowly, hesitantly making his way over and sitting down next to her. He didn’t know what to say, he desperately wished she would’ve found out from him, he wished hard now that he’d told her.

 

“Kayla…”

 

“Don’t, whatever you’re going to say, don’t, you don’t have to,” she said then sighed. “I know you had your reasons, I get it. We don’t know each other that well, you’re very much a mystery to me, not that you would open up to a complete stranger like that with something like this, this is pretty huge. I just…I feel so dumb, here I am telling you to work towards releasing an album, and you’ve done that already, several times over,” she said softly. “I guess that’s why you never wanted to talk about it, man, I’m so stupid,” she whispered, looking down.

 

Kyu Jong felt his heart break as he looked at the coffee table, she’d purchased all of his solo albums and even a few of the groups ones, they were spread all over the table. He could actually feel her embarrassment, she was truly uncomfortable around him and that made him feel horrible.

 

Knowing he had to be careful, he spoke cautiously, “Kayla, you are not stupid, please do not feel that way,” he said softly.

 

She turned her head to look at him, “So you’re famous, you’ve been singing for years, it’s more than just a few things, isn’t it?”

 

Kyu Jong looked away, hesitating a moment before nodding and he heard her sigh. He looked over to see her scrolling through something on her laptop.

 

“You have a fan club in Japan,” she said, “Do you speak Japanese?”

 

 

“Some, I mostly sing in Japanese.”

 

She looked back over at him, a painful look in her eyes, “You sing in your native tongue and in Japanese, you have a fan club, hundreds of thousands of fans…you are a legitimate celebrity in Asia, right?”

 

Kyu Jong hesitated again before nodding once more and frowned when she reached up to rub at her face.

 

“Does Shane know?”

 

He bit his lip, “Ne.”

 

“…of course he knows, I should’ve known better, this is what Shane does…,” Kayla groaned, looking down at the table at all the cd’s scattered around. She cleared before reaching out to gather everything up silently.

 

He wanted to say more, but she looked so closed off and he knew she needed time to think.

 

“I’m going to go,” Kyu Jong said, standing suddenly.

 

“K…”

 

“Ani, it’s ok, I have some things to do. I will see you later Kayla ssi,” he said softly, making his way to the door quickly, putting his shoes on and hurrying out, he couldn’t be there a moment longer.

 

~~~

 

Monday

 

“Kayla…Kayla…KAYLA!!!”

 

Kayla blinked and looked over to see Liz looking at her, “Huh? Did you say something?”

 

Liz stared at her in awe, “I called you three times! Did you send that fax yet today?”

 

“Hmm? Oh, oh yeah, it’s done,” Kayla said distractedly.

 

Liz stared at her, “Are you ok?”

 

“I’m fine,” Kayla smiled a bit, which of course was a lie.

 

Liz raised an eyebrow before turning back to her computer. Kayla rubbed fiercely at her face, she was anything but ok. All she could think about was Kyu Jong and what she’d learned about him. All the things that’d happened, all the things she’d said, done, it was so embarrassing. He was famous, she should have said what she did to him. Kayla felt as if she really didn’t know him at all, how was she supposed to act around him now?

 

She sighed, resting her head on the desk, she wasn’t even sure she could look him in the face, on top of that, she had to see him in class tonight. She groaned, an uncommon wave of dread rushing through her at the thought.

 

Kayla slowly lifted her head, staring blankly at her computer screen. She had to push it back for now, she still had to make it through work somehow. Kayla could feel Liz’s eyes on her and chose to ignore it, it wasn’t as if she could tell her what was going on, hell she still wasn’t sure she knew what was going on herself.

 

She took a calming breath and forced herself to focus on her work.

 

A Few Hours Later

 

She made her way inside, shutting the door and heading down the hall to her room. Dressing quickly, she headed out her room and then down the hall to the kitchen. Normally she’d pack a snack but she didn’t have much of an appetite. Part of her was seriously considering not going to class, but it’d be so obvious why when he got there and she didn’t want him to feel bad and while she didn’t know him well, she knew deep down he would, he had no reason to though.

 

Slumping down in a chair, she frowned, remembering she as supposed to give him a ride home as usual. He was probably used to real fancy cars and limos, all she drove was a small Ford focus. Suddenly everything she was, did and said seemed not good enough for someone of his stature. Kayla knew he was used to a certain kind of lifestyle, she was sure this whole time he was probably laughing at her and the simplicity of all her things. She shook her head, she didn’t blame him if he wanted nothing to do with her now that she knew the truth and didn’t have to pretend he was interested in her life and silly boyfriend drama. Kayla brought her hand to her face, he must’ve gotten a real laugh with everything with Terrance. She’d felt bad bothering him with it, but now it was even worse.

 

Then there were the gifts she’d gotten him, he probably thought they were really stupid, he could afford to get all that on his own, with no help from her if he’d really wanted it. How presumptuous it was of her to just get it for him as if…then again, he didn’t seem to think it was stupid when he’d gotten them, quite the opposite actually, but maybe he’d felt sorry for her. He had thousands of fans, they’d probably gotten him way better stuff. Fans, he seriously had fans and a fan club to boot, it was crazy. Shaking her head in disgust at herself for being so oblivious, she stood, put her coat and boots back on before heading out.

 

A short time later, she made her way into the classroom, smiling at Lejna as she made her way behind her and over to take her usual seat next to her. She’d been on edge the whole ride there, she’d been lucky she hadn’t gotten into an accident. Kayla took her folder and notebook and set it out, she looked over at Lejna who was watching her in concern.

 

“Where’s your usual snack?” She asked suddenly.

 

Kayla gave her a weak smile, “I forgot it.”

 

Lejna frowned, “Aww here, have some of mine, I brought trail mix and apple slices,” she smiled, pulling the bags out of her purse and sliding them over.

 

Kayla smiled softly, “Thanks, but I’m not hungry.”

 

Lejna’s eyes widened in shock and Kayla stilled when Kyu Jong suddenly made his way through the door. Lejna blinked then turned her head to see Kyu Jong make his way towards them. Kayla stiffened and looked away just as he sat. She felt Lejna tense a bit as usual before relaxing.

 

“Hi Kyu Jong,” she smiled.

 

“Hello Lejna, it is nice to see you, hello Kayla,” Kyu Jong said softly.

 

Kayla glanced over at him, “Hi K.”

 

Lejna looked between the two in confusion, the tension in the air was palpable.

 

“Is everything ok you two?” Lejna asked, looking back over at Kyu Jong.

 

She could feel Kyu Jong looking at her.

 

“Nothing to worry about Lejna, how are you?”

 

Lejna blinked, glancing at Kayla before looking back over at Kyu Jong, “I’m good, been a long day, how about you?”

 

Kyu Jong smiled a bit, “I’m…ok, been a bit distracted today, but other than that, I’m alright.”

 

Kayla kept her head down, she felt a gentle nudge and looked over to see Lejna watching her carefully. She gave her a small smile and then looked ahead at the director.

 

“Good evening everyone, welcome to class. Tonight, we’ll be doing some work with improv, we’ll get started in a bit. First, auditions will be starting for the play and musical. Everyone will audition and you will be put into one or the other. There will be two performances of each spanning four days. More info to come next class,” he finished.

 

There were murmurs from the class and Kayla felt that usual excitement she always did when it came time for the play.

 

“Ok, let’s focus. Tonight, we’ll be doing some improv. After I give a brief background, what I’ll then do is randomly select pairs to act out a scene right then. I will give a topic and brief scenario and then it will be up to you and your partner to come up with dialogue right then.”

 

Kayla sighed, finding it hard to focus when all she could think about was the fact that Kyu Jong was close by and she felt so uncomfortable.

 

After the brief history of improv as promised from the director, the exercise started. Kayla watched as pair after pair went, but she could hardly pay attention, she kept thinking of after class to the ride home, it was going to be awkward without a doubt. Putting her head down, she carefully brought her gaze to Kyu Jong to find him looking forward, watching intently.

 

She rubbed at the back of her neck in frustration, she knew she should just get over it, but she couldn’t, it was just too big. Kayla sighed, letting her head drop to the table.

 

“Ok, thank you. Let’s see, we have time for one more pair. How about if we have… Kyu Jong and…umm…oh right, how bout you Kayla?”

 

Her head shot up, “Huh? Me?”

 

“Yes, you and Kyu Jong will be our last pair for tonight,” the director announced.

 

She blinked, her heart dropping, “Ohh…umm, I…I don’t think that’s a good idea,” she said quickly.

 

The director frowned, his head tilted to the side, “Oh really? Why’s that?”

 

She glanced at Kyu Jong, who was frowning sadly, “I’m…not good at improv,” she said blandly.

 

“That’s not true, it’s your favorite, everyone here from last class knows it. No excuses, come on up you two,” he stated, walking back over to his desk.

 

Kayla couldn’t believe it was happening, how was this going to work? Hesitantly she stood, she looked down at Lejna who was watching her with worry. She made her way behind Lejna to find Kyu Jong waiting at the end of the row. He motioned for her to go ahead of him and she hurried past him and started towards the front of the room, she could feel his presence behind her and it unnerved her more.

 

They made their way to stand in front of everyone, she could tell he was just as uncomfortable as she was. She could feel his eyes on her and she looked everywhere but at him.

“Ok, so for you two, I want you to use pain as the main emotion. Your scenario is… Kyu Jong, you’ve just reveled a huge secret to Kayla, something to shake her trust in you. Kayla, you are hurt and obvious pain for what you feel is a betrayal by Kyu Jong. I want to see you two act out the confrontation. Kyu Jong you trying to apologize, Kayla, you trying to express how hurt you are.”

 

Kayla and Kyu Jong both looked at him, startled.

 

“I-I…I can’t…” Kayla stuttered.

 

“Ok, let’s get started. Everyone your attention up front please. Go on you two.”

 

She panicked, she couldn’t do this, he was famous, she couldn’t do it! There was silence in the room, she looked ahead, everyone was watching. Kayla looked over at Kyu Jong, his expression was pained, she looked away again.

 

“Is something wrong Kayla? Kyu Jong?” The direction questioned, raising an eyebrow.

 

She shook her head as did Kyu Jong.

 

“Then start. Kyu Jong, why don’t you go first.”

 

Kayla felt him come closer and her body instantly tensed up, but she continued to look away.

 

“Kayla, I’m sorry, I’m really sorry. I shouldn’t have lied to you, I should’ve just told you from the beginning,” Kyu Jong said softly.

 

Kayla closed her eyes and reminded herself it was just acting, fake. She would have to call on all her acting ability to get through it.

 

Taking a calming breath, she turned to him, “So I’m supposed to just forgive you? How can I? You hurt me, all this time you’ve been keeping it from me, how am I supposed to feel?”

 

Kyu Jong looked down for a moment before looking back up and right into her eyes, “I never meant to hurt you, I just wanted things to stay just as they were. I wanted you to look at me the way you always did, I wanted to just be me, no labels, no apprehension. I wanted to be just another guy, I didn’t want you to look at me the way you are now, anything but that,” he said quietly.

 

Kayla blinked, she could feel her eyes starting to burn, starting to close, “How did you know it was going to be like this? You couldn’t have faith about how I feel about you?” She said, pain apparent in her voice.

 

Kyu Jong bit his lip, his face filled with tension, “It hurts more to know you kept it from me, this hurts way more. You could’ve told me,” she whispered, a tear making its way down her cheek suddenly.

 

Kyu Jong’s face fell and he stepped towards her, the room was silent. He reached out, cupping her face in his hands as he looked into her eyes, his own filled with sadness.

 

“Kayla ssi, I’m sorry, I’m truly sorry,” he said softly, wiping at her tears with his thumbs. Slowly he let his forehead touch hers lightly, “Mianhae Kayla,” he whispered.

 

There was silence again for about ten seconds before the class erupted in applause. Kayla suddenly pulled away and Kyu Jong stepped back, looking stunned as if he’d forgotten where they were.

 

“Well done you two! You have amazing chemistry! Kayla, your ability to cry on demand like that was remarkable, even seasoned actors have a hard time with that. I’m impressed, if we didn’t know any better, anyone would think it was real. By far the best performance of the class, good job both of you,” the director smiled.

 

Kayla looked out to the class and everyone was smiling, she watched as Kyu Jong bowed to the director, then the audience before starting back to his seat. She followed behind him, she could feel Lejna’s eyes on her as she sat back down.

 

“You two were amazing, wow!” She whispered.

 

Kayla gave her a small smile, starting to gather her stuff up. The director dismissed the class and everyone filed out. Kayla said bye to Lejna and walked up to Kyu Jong.

 

“Ready?” She asked, glancing at him.

 

“You’re still going to give me a ride?” He asked softly.

 

“Of course, why wouldn’t I? Let’s go,” she announced.

 

They made their way out to her car, go in and took off. The ride home was quiet, she could feel the hesitation coming off Kyu Jong in waves. They arrived home and made their way out the car.

 

“Thank you for the ride home,” Kyu Jong said quietly.

 

“Anytime, see you later,” Kayla said, starting for her door, when she felt a hand on her arm.

 

“Kayla is…are you ok?”

 

She nodded, “Yeah, just tired is all.”

 

“Will you please look at me?” He implored softly.

 

She bit her lip, “No K, I don’t think I can.”

 

With her gaze on the ground, she felt his hand carefully lift from her arm.

 

“Goodnight Kayla ssi,” he whispered, bowing before turning and heading up to his home.

 

Kayla turned and let herself in, closing the door quietly behind her. 

*** Actual wording taken from Wikipedia

Video from: accio0119kyujong

_____________________________

a/n: Woo hoo another update!! I plowed through typing this chapter up, I think it was cause I was excited for everyone to read it.  Today is my birthday and I thought I'd share with my readers by updating!! Yay!

So the truth comes out and Kayla is shell shocked to say the least. (I even put in the video she watched so you can witach with her! Does that song sound familar to anyone else? A certain someone else sang it as a duet as well! *wink*) While she's not angry, she is hurting and seriously doubting herself and her friendship. Everything that Kyu Jong was worried about happening when he told her, did. That said, it seems he now realizes he should've told her as opposed to her finding out how she did, which kinda makes it worse, what a rude awakening for her. Her expectations of what he's used to and wants is so skewed because she doesn't know anything different. It's hard to watch them be so distant and her so unsure of herself now. Poor Kyu Jong doesn't know what to do and to see him feeling so bad is awful. How close to home did that acting exercise hit huh? Whew!

Hopefully these two will work it out soon!

Another update soon I hope, please look foward to it! Feedback and comments always appreciated!

 

'Till next time!

MO~