Chapter 15

Falling For You

“So I spent most of Valentine’s in the emergency room because my friend accidentally swallowed half a bottle of body wash in a drunken stupor thinking it was vodka,” Liz groaned, rolling her eyes.

 

Kayla tried her best to not laugh.

 

“She owes me big time, that’s a fact,” Liz shook her head and looked over at Kayla, “Stop laughing,” she grinned.

 

“I can’t help it, is your friend ok?”

 

“Yeah, she’s still there for observation since it was such a large amount, stop laughing Kayla!”

 

Kayla stood up to throw the last few bits of her salad out, she had to get away, the looks Liz was giving her was making her laugh. While the situation with her friend was serious, it was kind of funny.

 

“So, how’d things go with Lillian?”

 

Liz at a spoonful of her soup before replying, “Good, her husband and son took her out for dinner and Lucas made her a card,” Liz smiled before having another spoonful.

 

“That’s very nice,” Kayla said as she sat back down.

 

“Mmm, so what about you? How’d dinner and the movie with Terrance go?” Liz asked.

 

“It didn’t, he called and cancelled right before he was supposed to show up,” Kayla announced.

 

Liz looked at her, raising an eyebrow before dragging her spoon through her soup again.

 

“It’s ok though, I spent the evening with Kyu Jong so it was fine.”

 

Liz stilled, spoon halfway to as she brought her gaze to Kayla, “What?”

 

“Yeah, he took me out to that annual winter market they have downtown and then we went back to his place and he made me dinner, gave me this bracelet,” she held up her wrist, “made a rose appear from a piece of paper on a stick, asked me to be his Valentine and then we watched movies until we fell asleep on his couch. I had a great Valentine’s Day,” she smiled in remembrance.

 

There was a clatter as Liz’s spoon fell into the almost empty bowl,

 

Kayla looked at her, “Liz?”

 

“Let me understand, you spent Valentine’s Day with a man that wasn’t your boyfriend? Really?”

 

Kayla hesitated a moment before nodding, she hadn’t expected her to be like this, she expected more of a reaction.

 

“It’s about time!!” Liz grinned.

 

Kayla blinked, “Huh?”

 

“Yeah! Good for you, that’s the bracelet? Let’s see!” Liz said excitedly, pulling her wrist towards her.

 

That was better, Kayla chuckled.

 

“Ooo it’s pretty, “strength”, that’s nice,” Liz smiled.

 

“Yeah it is, I really love it.”

 

“So, have you heard from Terrance?”

 

Kayla nodded and told her everything that’d happened with him and his mother.

 

“You and his mom used to be so close, how anyone can be so two faced is beyond me,” Liz sighed, tipping her bowl to get the last sips of her soup.

 

Kayla shrugged, “I’m suddenly not good enough. I never thought his mom would be like that, I guess I was wrong,” she shook her head.

 

“It takes these kinds of situations to see what people are really like, “Liz sighed.

 

Kayla frowned, “I guess so.”

 

She just didn’t know how she could be so wrong about her. They packed up the remains of their lunch and headed back out to the office.

~~~

“Good job Kyu Jong, let’s break for lunch. Be back here in an hour and half and we’ll continue,” one of the other directors called.

 

Kyu Jong nodded and took the headphones off, hanging them on the music stand before making his way out the booth.

 

“You’re doing a hell of a job Kyu Jong, this album is coming along,” Shane said as he met him in the hall.

 

“Thank you, I feel good about it.”

 

“You should. Hey, we’re going to get something to eat, you coming along?”

 

Kyu Jong shook his head, “Ani, but thank you for asking. I’ve got some things to do so I’m gonna get something and bring it back.”

 

Shane nodded, “Don’t work too hard man, take a break,” he warned.

 

Kyu Jong nodded and headed into the break room and poured himself a cup of coffee. His mind was racing; he’d been distracted all morning, ever since Sunday he’d been disoriented. It’d been a surprised, running into Kayla and then spending the evening with her when he thought he’d be alone. He’d felt bad, hanging out with another man’s girlfriend, but they’d just hung out, they hadn’t done anything wrong, well at least she hadn’t.

 

He shouldn’t have asked her to be his Valentine, but he couldn’t help himself, she’d heard about it and he was a hopeless romantic, he wanted to experience it just one, it was his only chance. Honestly he didn’t think she’d even agree to it, but she had and it’d made him exceptionally happy. He wished she’d done more, not that it was right, but if they’d planned to spend the evening together like that, he could’ve done so much better, been better. The dinner had been so impromptu, it felt lacking to him that said, she didn’t seem to mind.

 

Still she deserved more, especially after what’d happened, Terrance had probably had something elaborate planned beyond what she’d been expecting. She’d said she didn’t need fancy stuff, but the way Kyu Jong saw it, it would be the one time he’d go against that if he was Terrance.

 

Sighing, Kyu Jong headed back out and got his coat and made his way out the building. He’d gotten pretty comfortable with the area around the studio and knew his way around for the most part. He stopped by a Chinese food restaurant and went in to order and while waiting for his food, his thoughts drifted to yesterday’s acting class and the exercise with Lejna and smiled.


He really liked her, she was very sweet. That said though, she always seemed so uncomfortable around him, he tried not to think too much of it, but it was hard when she always tensed up around him. He acted like he didn’t notice, but he had, every single time.

 

Kyu Jong thanked the cashier and took his bag and made his way out. He never thought of himself as intimidating, at least he tried not to be, he knew what it felt like. He tried to be careful around her, but no matter what he did, she always seemed on edge. When he’d held her as part of the exercise, he could actually feel her trembling and feared she’d pass out. When she finally relaxed against him, he’d felt relieved. Part of him wondered if he should mention it to her, the thought stayed with him as he made his way back inside the building.

 

He headed into the break room and sat, starting to unload his bag. Maybe that wasn’t a good idea, if things were already kind of weird, that would definitely make it worse. He’d figure something out, he wanted to her to be ok with him. Kyu Jong finished unloading the bag, said the Korean thanks for the meal and started eating.

 

He was looking forward to Friday; he’d been surprised when Kayla had invited him to movie night with Chanile again. He knew they’d mentioned it before, but he didn’t think they’d been serious. It felt good to be included though, he’d really liked Chanile and he was happy that she seemed to like him, he got the impression she was particular about who she hung out with. That made him think of his hyung Young Saeng; he was like that as well. Thinking of him made him very homesick suddenly; Kyu Jong frowned and went back to eating.

~~~

Thursday Evening

 

Kayla finished putting the dishes away just as Shane came busting through the door.

 

“Hey Kayla, sorry I can’t talk, gotta change and head back out, meeting some guys and we’re going out to a club, it’s been so long, they’re waiting out in the truck,” Shane explained, already in his room.

 

Kayla made her way out the kitchen, cup of tea in her hands, “Sure Shane, you’re so busy; we never get to hang out anymore.”

 

Shane hurried down the hall, snapping his watch on in the process, “I know, we’ll catch up soon. Have a good night, talk to you later,” he called, giving her a quick wave which she returned as he made his way out.

 

Sighing, she went to turn the TV on, when there was a knock at the door. She made her way over and opened it.

 

“Oh, hey.”

 

“Hey Kayla, can I come in?”

 

She raised an eyebrow, “Just you?”

 

Terrance sighed, “Yes, just me.”

 

Kayla stepped aside and he walked in, she shut the door and headed over to the couch and sat, picking her cup of tea back up and taking a sip.

 

“I came over to explain about Sunday,” Terrance started.

 

Kayla looked up at him, “You already said what you needed to.”

 

“No I didn’t. I’m sorry about that, I know you were looking forward to it and I promised, but things came up.”

 

“Things always come up,” she said, watching him as she took another sip of tea. “I should just do like you mom said and sit back and wait quietly for you to have time,” she said, raising an eyebrow.

 

“You know she didn’t mean that,” he frowned.

 

Kayla chuckled and shook her head, “Of course she did, if you choose to not acknowledge it that’s fine, but it doesn’t change the fact. I would just appreciate some kind of warning next time so I can prepare for the ambush.”

 

“Hey, I didn’t that on purpose ok? I told her to wait in the car.”

 

She sighed, “Ok Terrance, you’ve said what you wanted, forget about it.”

 

“Wait, I wanted to give you your gift, I had every intention to come over. Here,” he said, coming over to sit next to her.

 

He handed her a box.

 

“Terrance please, I’d rather you didn’t.”

 

“Go on, open it,” he insisted.

 

She looked at him for a moment before taking the box. She hesitated briefly before slowly opening the box to reveal what looked to be a very pricey, very gaudy watch. It was nice and totally not her style.

 

“Terrance, this is really too much.”

 

“I saw it and I thought of you. What do you think?”

 

“It’s…pretty, but I really can’t take it,” she said, closing the box and putting it back in his hand. “To be honest, I threw you gift out after I hung up with you. It wouldn’t be right taking yours.”

 

Terrance gave her a soft smile, “I don’t blame you, all the more reason to take this. Here, try it on,” he said, opening the box and pulling the watch out.

 

“No Terrance, really…”

 

“What’s that?” He said suddenly.

 

Kayla stilled as he picked up her wrist, looking at the bracelet on it. He stared at it and then looked up at her.

 

“What is this?”

 

She looked at him, “A bracelet.”

 

He looked back down at it, “Strength…this is new, when did you get it?”

 

“A few days ago.”

 

“Hmm, it doesn’t seem like your style, I never would’ve pictured you buying a bracelet of rocks like this.”

 

Kayla pulled her hand away, “It’s not rocks, they’re stones and it is my style.”

 

More than that watch she wanted to say.

 

“So what made you get into it so much to by these “stones” so much?” He asked, a mocking smile on his lips.

 

“I didn’t, someone gave it to me.”

 

The smile faded and he looked down at it again before looking back up at her slowly, “Oh? So who gave it to you then Kayla?” He asked quietly.

 

“Kyu Jong did, as a gift.”

 

His gaze turned cold, “Oh he did did he?”

 

“Yeah, it’s very nice.”

 

“So you’ll take his gift, but not mine? Just who is this guy Kayla? What the hell is trying to pull with another man’s girlfriend?” Terrance questioned harshly.

 

“Nothing Terrance, I told you, he’s a friend.”

 

“Really? So why the hell is he giving you gifts?” He said, standing.

 

Kayla looked up at him, “Because he’s my friend, he’s been a damn good friend to me. There’s nothing wrong with that.”

 

“There is when it’s my girlfriend being friends with and buying things for. Give it back,” he stated angrily.

 

Kayla blinked, “Excuse me?”

 

“You heard me, I said give it back. I don’t know what he’s trying to pull but he’d better back the hell off. I’ve been trying to be understanding of this whole thing, but enough. You’ll give it back the next time you see him and that’s it,” he finished, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

“Like hell I will! I like it and I’m keeping it. Who do you think you are to tell me who I can and can’t accept gifts from Terrance? I don’t see you from one week to the next, you cancel on commitments constantly, but you’re gonna stand here and tell me who can I can and can’t take a gift from?” She said, standing up.

 

“So what? You spent Valentine’s with another man? He gave you that as a gift?” He spat.

 

“That’s right, you weren’t there. He hung out with me; he spent time with me Terrance. That’s all I ever wanted from you, but you can’t seem to do it. I’m not going to sit around waiting for you to decide to find a way to connive your way into spending time with me. I’m not gonna pine away for you,” she stated.

 

“Obviously,” he said harshly.

 

Kayla shook her head; she’d had enough, “Get out.”

 

“Why? So you can go to him?”

 

“Get…out…”

 

“That’s what it is isn‘t it? You can’t get enough of him right? Maybe it‘s already turned physical…” He said coldly, taking a step towards her.

 

“You , I said get out!!” She yelled, her voice echoing off the walls, surprising herself and apparently Terrance who stared at her, he looked as if he‘d realized he‘d gone a bit too far.

 

She continued to stare at him, not backing down and he stared at her a moment longer before turning and stomping away, slamming the door hard in the process. She stared at the door, breathing hard, her body shaking, tears welling up. She looked down at the bracelet and found that strength wavering.

 

There was a knock at the door.

 

“Kayla? Kayla ssi? It’s Kyu Jong, are you ok? I heard yelling…Kayla?”

 

She wanted to call out but she couldn’t, couldn’t do anything but stand there. The door slowly opened and Kyu Jong poked his head in.

 

“Kayla?”

 

His eyes found hers and he carefully made his way in, taking his boots and coat off. He shut the door and walked over to her carefully.

 

“Kayla, are you ok? You’re not hurt are you?” He asked softly.

 

Oh, but she was, she was definitely hurt. She looked up at him, tears finally spilling over.

 

“Aww Kayla ssi,” he said gently, reaching out to wipe at her eyes.

 

That touch finally broke the dam as tears started flowing heavily.

 

“Ahh jagi don’t cry, please,” he said softly.

 

Kayla shook her head, she was trying hard to control herself, but it was hard. Kyu Jong tugged on her hands, leading her over to the couch, sitting and pulling her down with him.

 

“Just relax, you’re ok. Calm down Kayla, deep breaths,” he said soothingly.

 

Needing contact, she reached out, taking his hand. Kyu Jong looked down, covering her hand with his other before looking back up at her. She shook her head, replaying what’d just happened in her head. How could he say that to her? Why did he suddenly think he could control her? That he had the right to act like a possessive boyfriend when he wasn’t much of one in the first place, then to basically accuse her of cheating on him.

 

“Do you want to talk about it?” Kyu Jong asked quietly.

 

She shook her head, “It’s ok, just Terrance being him, well this new version anyway. I’m sorry I bothered you, I didn’t mean to yell like that.”

 

“I was worried about you, don’t apologize, I’m glad you’re ok.”

 

Kayla looked up at him and he gave her a gentle smile, reaching out to once again wipe at her eyes.

 

“Maybe later you’ll feel like talking. Since you seem calmer, I will leave you…”

 

“No!” She said suddenly.

 

His eyes widened.

 

“Don’t…don’t go, stay ok? I don’t want to be alone. I mean, if you’ve already got something planned…”

 

He shook his head, “Ani, I don’t. Of course I will stay with you.”

 

She pulled his hand closer to her and Kyu Jong frowned and moved in closer to her.

 

“He didn’t hurt you did he Kayla? I mean…” he stopped when she shook her head adamantly.

 

“No, nothing like that I promise.”

 

Kyu Jong let out a breath, “Ok, good.”

 

“Just don’t leave ok? I…” She bit her lip, looking down.

 

“Arrasso, I will not leave,” he assured her, rubbing at her hand.

 

“Thanks K,” she said softly.

 

She slumped back on the couch, sighing heavily. Keeping a tight hold on his hand, she felt him slowly rest back with her and she cringed inwardly. She knew how desperate she must sound, but she couldn’t explain it, she just didn’t want to be alone.

 

Kayla closed her eyes, “I’m sorry, I didn’t…I mean I don’t know what to do. I guess it was silly to ask you to stay, but I just don’t want to be alone right now.”

 

“Let’s go out then,” he said suddenly.

 

Kayla turned her head, opening her eyes to look at him, “What?”

 

Kyu Jong smiled and stood, pulling her up, “Let’s go out and walk around. Come, put your boots on,” he said, leading her over to the door.

 

“But K…”

 

“Ani, let’s go,” he interrupted her, pulling his own boots and coat back on.

 

Reluctantly she pulled her boots on and then her coat, grabbed her keys and followed him out, locking the door behind them. It was slightly warmer than usual; it was a grey and dismal day which fit her mood right now. They walked for awhile before Kyu Jong led her to a restaurant and motioned for her to go in.

 

“I love this restaurant, I come here often,” Kyu Jong explained, smiling at the waitress as she made her way over.

 

She set down a couple menus and took their orders for drinks and left. Kayla had never been here before, never even noticed it. She looked the menu over, it was written in Chinese and English but she had no idea what to order. Kayla looked up at Kyu Jong who was watching her with gentle eyes.

 

“I don’t know what to order, never been here before,” she said apologetically.

 

“Hmmm, would you like me to order for you?” He offered.

 

Kayla smiled and nodded, “Yes, that’d be fine.”

 

Kyu Jong nodded, “Ok, I will pick wisely,” he smiled.

 

The woman came back with their drinks and Kyu Jong placed the order and she once again left, taking the menus with her. Kayla sighed, she was emotionally drained, and all she wanted to do was crawl into bed. Reaching out, she took her glass and took a long drink of the water before setting the glass back down. She looked back up at Kyu Jong who was sipping at his tea.

 

“Do you have plans for tonight?”

 

He shook his head, “Ani, just a call home and to one of my hyungs and then bed, I work tomorrow.”

 

“Oh why didn’t you say something before? We should go,” Kayla frowned, starting to stand only to be stopped by a gentle hand on hers.

 

“Ani, sit please Kayla ssi. It is fine, jabal, sit,” he said softly.

 

Kayla stared at him for a moment before slumping back down, rubbing at her eyes, “I’m sorry K, this whole thing has been a mess. I’m really sorry for kinda demanding you like this. I’m so damn emotional and I think I’m so starved for affection I just…” she stopped, looking away, fighting back tears that as always, wanted to be released.

 

She was so tired of crying for Terrance, so tired. Kayla felt a squeeze on her hand and she looked up at Kyu Jong who was watching her gently.

 

“It is not bad to want affection Kayla.”

 

“Yeah but Terrance should be doing it and he’s not. I practically jumped you, asking you to stay with me, that’s not your job to take care of me yet again when my bonehead of a boyfriend decides to be a jealous prick!” Kayla fumed.

 

Kyu Jong’s eyes widened.

 

“I mean seriously K, this is just pathetic,” she stated, looking up as the waitress came up.

 

She started setting bowls and dishes around the table before bowing and leaving.

 

“Wow K, this is a lot of food,” she blinked.

 

Kyu Jong smiled, “Ne, but it will help you to feel better, try the soup, it will clear your mind.” He explained, gesturing towards the bowl in front of her as he opened his package of chopsticks.

 

She picked up her spoon and dipped it in the broth, getting a spoonful of what looked like some kind of pasta with various vegetables. She took a cautious sip and groaned, the flavor was amazing, clean and earthy. She took another sip, the pasta was firm and chewy and just added to the flavor. Kayla looked up at Kyu Jong who was smiling knowingly.

 

“Good?”

 

She nodded, “Yeah, it’s delicious! Wow, never had anything like this.”

 

Kyu Jong had ordered a few sides of cold sesame noodles, fried pork dumplings and crab ragoons, all of which were delicious. By the time she finished her soup, she’d come to a decision. Kayla set the spoon down and looked at Kyu Jong who was in mid sip of his soup. He looked up at her, his eyebrows raised.

 

“Kayla ssi?” He questioned.

 

“I’ve come to a decision, I don’t know if it’s the soup or what, but yeah.”

 

Kyu Jong set his spoon down and looked at her, “Ok.”

 

“So I’m going to leave Terrance alone, just stop talking to him completely for awhile. After what happened tonight, I have to really reconsider this relationship, I think he needs to as well,” she explained.

 

Kyu Jong nodded, “Sounds as if you’ve cleared your mind.”

 

“Yeah I have, at least for now. I really think it was this soup,” she shook her head amazement.

 

He smiled, “It is good with situations like this, I’m glad it helped you come to a decision.”

 

She nodded, “Me too. I don’t think I’m going to tell him either, he doesn’t deserve that consideration right now.”

 

Kyu Jong’s eyes widened, “Kayla…”

 

“No K, trust me on this, he doesn’t. He acted like a jerk and I’m going to show him the same lack of consideration he showed me.”

 

He looked at her for a moment before nodding, “I will support you in your decision Kayla.”

 

She stared at him, “Really?”

 

“Of course, you need support. I believe you will do what’s best for you.”

 

Kayla shook her head, “You’re amazing, I don’t know if I deserve that support. What if I’m wrong? What if I make the wrong choice?” She asked, biting her lip.

 

“If it is what you truly feel is right, then it is not the wrong choice, only you know that,” Kyu Jong said softly, sipping again at his tea.

 

“If you were me, would you do this?” She asked suddenly.

 

He hesitated, “It is not me, you don’t…”

 

“Please tell me,” she cut him off, “Would you do this?”

 

Kyu Jong stared at her and sighed before looking away, “Ani, I would not.”

 

Kayla let out a breath and Kyu Jong looked over at her.

 

“That has always been my problem,” he said cryptically.

 

She frowned, “What?”

 

He hesitated a moment and Kayla watched him steadily.

 

“If I were…I probably should react the way you are, it would be the right thing to do, but I wouldn’t. I’d be too worried about hurting the other person, that’s not to say you are not, I just mean, I’d be more worried about them than myself. I’d rather be hurt than hurt someone else, even if they did me wrong,” he finished quietly.

 

Kayla stared at him in shock.

 

“So, I may not do what you’re planning, but I should.”

 

She nodded, “Ok then, I’ll do it for he both of us, me for Terrance and you for all the times you should’ve, so don’t have anymore regrets for it, ok K?”

 

Kyu Jong blinked and smiled a bit, “Ne.”

 

“Good, you’ll live vicariously through me. Let’s finish eating ok?”

 

He nodded and they ate quietly. Kayla was trying to process what Kyu Jong had told her, he would worry about someone, even if they were mean to him. That was sad in some ways, but she could also see the maturity in it, not stooping to that level. She supposed she could do that, but she was tired of being the mature one in this so-called relationship of theirs. This time she would go all out, no calls, no messages, voicemails, nothing. They needed time apart.

 

An Hour Later

 

They stopped by Kayla’s door.

 

“So I’ll see you tomorrow for movie night right?”

 

Kyu Jong nodded, “Ne, I should be home around four-thirty.”

 

“Ok, how about we meet here at five-thirty; this gives you a chance to change or whatnot. Is that ok?” She asked.

 

“Ne, that is fine. I will see you then, take care Kayla,” Kyu Jong smiled softly, bowing.

 

“You too, night K,” she said, and headed in.

~~~

Kyu Jong made his way out the shower, tying a towel around his bare waist. He rubbed at the mirror and sighed heavily. He’d revealed a bit more of himself than he’d wanted to at dinner with Kayla tonight. She’d looked stunned; he knew how it’d sounded, even to his own ears. That’d always been one of his flaws, so worried about others, more than himself. He’d been taken advantage of by his exes on more than one occasion. He hadn’t intended to tell her that, but she didn’t tell him how wrong he was, how weak it was to be that way like he’d heard before.

 

He dressed quickly and headed out, putting his dirty clothes in the hamper before heading into his bedroom, grabbing his phone to make his weekly calls.

~~~

Friday Afternoon

 

“So are you having your movie night with Chanile?” Lillian asked as she typed up some notes on the patient’s files.

 

“Yeah, it’s at her place, you know you and Liz are welcome to come sometime. We’ve been trying for months to get you both to join us once.”

 

“I know, but we feel like we’d be intruding,” Liz said, walking in and heading over to the copy machine.

 

“We keep telling you you wouldn’t; it’d be a great way to have you ladies get to know Chanile better. Kyu Jong’s coming over; he’s not worried about intruding.”

 

Both Liz and Lillian stopped and looked at her and she raised her eyebrows.

 

“What?”

 

“He’s going joining you two tonight?” Lillian asked.

 

“Yeah! Chanile insisted and he accepted. So I’m gonna be driving us over tonight,” she explained.

 

“So Chanile met him and likes him, really?” Liz questioned.

 

Kayla nodded, “Yeah”

 

Liz looked over at Lillian, “So if she likes him, he has to be a good guy,” she said.

 

Lillian nodded, “She feels like we do about Terrance, she doesn’t just like anyone for you.”

 

Liz nodded emphatically this time and Kayla groaned.

 

“It’s true, maybe we should go,” Lillian said, looking over at Liz who was frowning.

 

“I can’t, I have plans and so do you Lillian, remember, dinner with your son and husband,” Liz reminded her.

 

“Oh right, crap,” Lillian sighed, “Not that I don’t want to of course, but this would be the perfect opportunity to meet him.”

 

“Oh for crying out loud, you’ll get to meet him at some point,” Kayla sighed, shaking her head.

 

Liz and Lillian pouted for the rest of the day. Before leaving, Kayla promised to set up a meeting with Kyu Jong soon, which pacified them for now, but Kayla knew it wouldn’t last too long. She was amused to see them so adamant about meeting Kyu Jong.

 

Once home, she headed into her room, got a change of clothes and then took a quick shower. Once out, she saw that Shane had come home.

 

“Hey, do you and Kyu Jong have something going on?” He called out from the kitchen. “He mentioned having to hurry home, that he had plans with you.”

 

“Yeah, we’re going to Chanile’s, it’s movie night,” Kayla yelled from her room.

 

“Ahh already? Since when does Kyu Jong go?”

 

“He came last time and Chanile like him so much she asked that he come to this one. I think she wants to make him part of the night permanently,” she announced as she came out of her room, fixing her earring.

 

Shane came out, a piece of bread with peanut butter in his hand, “Whoa, she’s taken quite a liking to him. She never asked Terrance to join, even back in the beginning when she actually liked him.”

 

Shane was right, she hadn’t now that he’d mentioned it. It’d always been something they’d done together. She’d been willing to have Lillian and Liz join, but never really a guy. Kyu Jong really must’ve made some kind of impression on her for her to ask him to come again.

 

“Well I hope you have fun, tell Chanile I said hi please,” Shane smiled before heading back into the kitchen.

 

Kayla raised an eyebrow, she always suspected that he had a crush on her friend, but had never come right out and said it.

 

“I will,” she grinned.

 

Shane made his way back out, a small piece of the remains of what looked like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in his mouth. He headed towards the closet, pulled his coat out and then walked towards the door and put his boots on. He waved bye and made his way out. Kayla headed to the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge just as there was a knock at the door. Quickly she grabbed another bottle of water and hurried over to the door and opened it.

 

“Hey K! Come on in,” she smiled.

 

Kyu Jong bowed and made his way in, “Hello Kayla,” he smiled.

 

“I’m just about ready, gotta get my coat and boots on and we’ll get going,” she said, handing him the bottle of water.

 

He took it and gave her another small bow in thanks. Quickly she finished, zipping her boots up, she grabbed her coat out and Kyu Jong surprised her by helping her to put it on and they made their way out.

______________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey there all! Back for another chapter. Whew, Terrance keep botching up, this seems to be his worst yet. You know he's doing it for a reason, but he's making it worse and worse. Also Kyu seems to be opening up to Kayla just a bit more and she doesn't respomd quite how he imangined, so maybe it'll help him to continue to do so in the futue. So cute Kyu Jong worrying about Lejna, wonder what's gonna happen with them. Thanks for reading as always please feel free to comment or leave feedback. Until next time!

MO~