The Dimensional's Attack

Remember the Rhododendrons

Mino knew where he was going after he saw the fiery white explosion shooting up towards the sky. He ran through the streets, his eyes locked on to the last place he saw the explosion. When he arrived at the busier streets, he climbed up the walls and began jumping from the roofs of the shops. He was making his way to the explosion until the ground shook below. Losing his balance, Mino stopped jumping and looked at the direction at another explosion. The white flare erupted once again, this time at a completely different direction. Mino narrowed his eyes and grunted.

Is Taemin on the move? What's he doing? Mino wondered. He was about to head towards the new fire until he saw Jieun from the corner of his eyes. He was about to run up to her until he realized that someone was dragging her away from the crowd. Jieun struggled, but the woman grabbing onto her refused to let her go. At first, Mino wondered why Jieun wasn't using her power, but quickly realized that if she were to use her abilities, it would garner attention and they would be exposed.

Although I'm pretty sure Taemin's explosion is already gathering attention, Mino thought. He scowled, wondering who he was supposed to follow. When Taemin made a third explosion, Mino decided to save Jieun, thinking that Taemin would continue to make the explosions throughout the village until they reunited. 

However, the moment Mino jumped to another roof, his eyes caught sight of the same black cat. The cat seemed to be following Jieun and the woman with her. At first, there was a worried expression on the cat as it continued to track Jieun.

A spy? Mino wondered. He was about to dive into the crowd to grab Jieun until he felt a cool wind glide past his ears. Widening his eyes, he threw himself across the roof and grabbed the cat, surprising the little feline. Mino whirled around and moved away from where the cat was standing. The cat hissed until a harsh wind blew past time, t the cat's furs while breaking the roof in half. Mino widened his eyes while Minhyuk froze solid.

"Damn…" Mino narrowed his eyes and looked across the roof. One eye turned pitch back. "Naeun!"

"The cat is my target," Naeun said. She pointed her sword. "Please let the cat go, or else I have no choice but to kill you."

Mino clenched his jaws, trying to thinking of what to do.

"Mino! Naeun!" Jieun's scream echoed somewhere in the crowd. Mino knew that Jieun was nearby, but if was going to be occupied with Naeun, there was no way for him to save Jieun.

Think Mino, think, Mino told himself. He started to form cold sweats as his other eye began to darken.

"Let go of the cat," Naeun repeated. She raised her sword. "I will not hesitate to attack."

Damn it! Mino, think! Don't lose focus! he told himself, glaring ahead. His eye only darkened even more, slowly turning into a sickening shade of black. His arm, which had comfortably hugged the cat, slowly began to melt and transformed to a gooey ink-dripping claw. Minhyuk hissed in fear before transforming into a human.

"Let me go!" Minhyuk shouted. "I don't understand why you guys are after me! I am the familiar of the Seventh Court—"

"Shut up," Mino snapped, glaring at him. "Shut up or else."

Minhyuk stood still, frozen. There was just something about Mino's pure black eyes that were…hypnotizing. It was terrifying just being so close to Mino, but there was just something about the fear that made Minhyuk want to submit himself to him…

A hysterical laugh echoed from the crowd. Minhyuk snapped out of his thoughts and yelped when Naeun suddenly appeared right in front of them, her blade pointing straight towards Mino. Mino quickly rolled and dodged her surprise attack. Instead of glaring or groaning like what she would normally do, Naeun gave Mino a neutral emotionless expression.

"Give me the cat," Naeun demanded.

"What cat?" Mino asked. A snarky grin appeared on his face. With his hand and his gooey claw, he squeezed Minhyuk's head in between. Minhyuk felt his heart race. He struggled and tried to transform, but something about Mino's arm seemed to have out his magical abilities—it was as if Mino was a black hole only up the energy around him.

Minhyuk's eyes quickly turned pitch black. Foam escaped his mouth while bloody tears fell from his eyes. The pressure between his head was incredibly intense; he couldn't even think properly.

Before anyone knew it, Minhyuk closed his eyes and turned back to a cat, collapsing right in front of them. There was a little pulse in him, but it was weak. He was hardly breathing, and he was so sure that if he was left alone without any medical care, he would die. The same hysterical laugh seemed to be awfully quiet, and Minhyuk knew that Bora was almost gone.

"Three sacrifices collected, two more to go," Mino whispered.

What's going on…? Minhyuk wondered.

"Is it dead?" Naeun asked Mino.

Mino smiled. "What's dead?"

Naeun charged straight at him, not giving him the time to say anything else. Mino easily dodged it and snickered.

"Are you trying to attack me?" Mino asked her. With another movement of her sword, a blade of wind blew into the area. He instantly dodged it in a blink of an eye. "Or are you trying to kill me?" Naeun appeared right behind him. She tried to cut him open, but he instantly disappeared from her vision. She blinked and rubbed her eyes before noticing that Mino was a few feet away from her back. "If you're trying to kill me, you're doing a terrible job."

"I will report you to my master!" Naeun yelled, frustrated over how she couldn't attack him.

Mino's eyes focused on Naeun. "Who is your master?"

The girl stiffened. Her body didn't move as fast as she wanted them to move. Her movements slowed and hesitated. Half of her eye turned to a hypnotic black orb, while the other eye remained sane. 

"Y-You're my… No, no, Y-Yonghwa… M-My master…" Naeun found herself having trouble breathing. Words conflicted over one another. Thoughts jumbled over each other. Confusion pumped up to her brain, clouding her thoughts.

Looks like it's not impossible to try to take her over back to my side, Mino thought. Then in that case, I should probably try to gain control as I weaken her. He glanced down at the unconscious cat in his hand. Although I don't know why she's still aiming for this cat. If I try to gain control of her, then perhaps I can force the answer from her.

There was an explosion a few meters away from him. Mino snapped out of his thoughts. Distracted, his eyes returned back to normal and his head turned to the direction where he heard Taemin's fiery explosion.

Oh, right. I was supposed to follow Jieun and then meet up with Taemin, Mino thought. He glanced over at Naeun, who collapsed on her knees, trying to regain her mind. Grimacing, Mino began to face the direction of the explosion until he noticed a group of people standing or sitting on a tree. Before he got a good look, all of them disappeared. He looked at the same tree with an uneasy feeling, sensing that trouble was brewing in. 

"Hey."

Mino turned again and saw Taemin standing next to him. Taemin's fist was vaporizing, but it managed to cool down after he slipped on his gloves.

"I'm surprised that you found me," Mino said. "I was just about to follow your fire."

"I was making random explosions until I saw you standing on this roof," Taemin said. "Where's Jieun?"

"I saw her get dragged by some witch. I was going to follow her until I met Naeun."

"Naeun? Where's she?"

"She's right—" Mino paused when he realized that Naeun had disappeared. He groaned. "Not again. I met her twice here."

"Well, looks like Jieun's wish wasn't wrong. We did end up being where Naeun is," Taemin murmured. He glanced down and noticed the cat in Mino's hand. "What's that?"

Mino blinked and stared down at the cat. "Oh. This? Not sure. I think it's a spy, but Naeun was trying to kill it. It can turn into a human."

"I guess it's a familiar," Taemin said. "Must belong to some witch around here."

"But it's been following me. Do you think it belongs to the Council?"

"Probably."

"But then why would Naeun want to kill it?"

"She's probably ordered to kill it," Taemin said.

"For what reason?"

"The Council added another Court. The old members don't like it and I guess they're trying to get rid of her," Taemin explained. "So for now, it seems like they're targeting her familiar."

"What a shame," Mino murmured.

"Well, let's not waste any time here. Do you remember which direction Jieun went?" Taemin asked. He burned his fist into white flames. "We'll get her back—force or without."

"She went that way," Mino said.

"Okay. I'll go get her back. You go figure out where Naeun went."

"Wait, why do I have to do that? Why can't I go find Jieun?"

"Like you said, Naeun seems to be targeting the cat. You have the cat."

"Why don't I give you the cat?"

"I don't want it," Taemin said. Before Mino had the chance to say anything else, Taemin ran off, jumping into the crowded street to find Jieun.

Mino groaned and stared at the cat. "What the hell am I supposed to do with you…?"

Rather than saying anything else, he let out a sigh and began to jump roof to roof, hoping to figure out where Naeun had retreated to for the time being.

 


 

Before Jieun knew it, she found herself being dragged into a random house. The witch firmly grabbed onto one of her wrist, guiding her to the darkness. At first, Jieun tried to struggle out of her way from the situation, but when she realized that the witch seemed harmless, she decided to just follow the witch and see what she would do. If the witch were to do anything, Jieun figured that she could just wish her way out of the situation.

The witch closed the door behind her and continued to lead her to a few other rooms. With a wave of her wand, the windows and door disappeared. The room was coated with stone, preventing anyone from the inside or the outside to disturb them. Another wave, and a couch appeared. The witch roughly threw Jieun down to the couch. Jieun yelped and stiffened.

When should I get out of here? Jieun wondered, looking around. Wait. Does this room do something with time? Is it possible that it'll feel like a few seconds here, but days or years will past in the outside world? Shoot. I was too careless. I should wish myself out of here before I—

"I have been expecting you," the witch said. She waved her wand, presenting a cup of tea and familiar snacks on the coffee table. The witch gestured Jieun to eat. "My name is Bora. I am the Captain of the Seventh Court, a witch."

Jieun paled. Oh damn. A witch and someone part of the Council? This was a mistake. Okay, I wish I—

"My sanity thinks that I should arrest you as soon as possible and turn you in, but…" Bora's lips curved to a wide smile as her eyes gazed strongly into Jieun's. "Well, fortunately, my sanity is being tucked in somewhere behind the back of my head."

Jieun frowned. "What do you mean? What's that supposed to mean?"

Bora waved her wand. A large book appeared right in front of Jieun. She gestured the scared girl to check out the book. When Jieun did, she realized that it was a book similar to the books that Kyuhyun had read.

"You read?" Jieun blurted.

Bora shushed her and looked around nervously. "Don't say it so loudly! The Creator might hear. The Creator might know."

That's right, Jieun thought, slowly thinking back. I never figured out why it was so bad to read except that it just turns people 'insane.' 

"What happens if the Creator finds out?" Jieun asked slowly.

"The Creator would trigger the end of the world." Bora tensed up. "The Creator would destroy all of the creations except for those who share similar origins. Those who share similar origins with the Creator will not be able to be destroyed. They would share the title of 'god' in the world they create."

Kyuhyun said that I was a Creator, Jieun reminded herself. "How could you tell who the Creator is?"

"Easy: the Creator has a blue and black gem."

"That's what I thought—Wait. What?" Jieun stared at Bora. "Doesn't the Creator have gold and red gems?"

"Or red and white gems," Bora said, smiling.

Jieun frowned. "Then why did you bring me here? What's your reason for bringing me all the way to this place? I only have red and yellow gems."

Bora stopped smiling. She seemed awfully confused. It was clear that Bora believed that the Creator held the black and blue gems, but when Jieun revealed her gem colors, it seemed to puzzle Bora. Her puzzled expression quickly turned to a smile. An uneasy laugh escaped her lips.

"You must be mistaken!" Bora exclaimed. "Blue and black gems! Blue and black!"

She's going insane, Jieun realized. Is it safe to stay with someone who's insane? I should seriously think about leaving.

"Look, I really need to go meet my other friends," Jieun said slowly. "I'm just going to leave right now, okay? Sorry that I'm not your 'Creator,' but I hope you find the Creator soon! I'll just make my way out of here—"

"No!" Bora raised her voice, tempted to scream. She furiously waved her wand, locking Jieun to the chair. Jieun widened her eyes, prepared to wield her weapon. "You are the Creator! You possess the blue and black gems! I only serve you! You are beautiful! You are the one to save me and my kind from the apocalypse! You will not end me! I will not let you end me! You will take me to your next left! You—"

An arrow appeared behind Jieun and pierced Bora's heart. Bora stood awfully still, her blood-shot eyes wide with madness. gaped open before she started to cough out blood. She collapsed down on her knees and fell to the floor, unable to speak. The witch only pointed over Jieun's shoulder while blood trickled from her lips.

Jieun slowly turned around, terrified. A few feet behind her, she noticed two men standing near what seemed to be a portal. Both men were dressed in the Council's uniform, similar to what Bora was wearing. One man had half his body sticking out of the portal while another had a bow in his hand. The man who was still in the portal tuned a whistle.

"Nice shot, Jiyong!" the boy exclaimed.

"T-Taehyung…? W-Why…?" Bora managed to utter out a few words before Jiyong pulled another arrow and shot it towards Bora's neck. Bora stopped breathing. Her eyes rolled back, unable to do anything.

"Told you she was crazy," Taehyung said, smirking.

"Grab the Wanted One. Let's go," Jiyong said.

Jieun stared down at Bora, trembling. I-Is she dead? Did they just kill their own comrade?

"I'll take care of things from here," Taehyung said. "Let Yoona know that I'm sane, okay? Make sure to tell her that Taecyeon was just implying some weird stuff about me while I was acting as an undercover agent."

"Tell her yourself. I have other things to do," Jiyong told him.

Jiyong's eyes met Jieun, who froze the moment she made eye-contact with him. His eyes were cold and strong, intimidating her as if she was a prey ready to be torn apart by the predator. At that moment, Jieun realized that Jiyong wielded some incredible power that she would probably have to deal with in the upcoming future. A sick feeling crawled up to her stomach until Jiyong turned and entered the portal, leaving Taehyung to clean up the mess.

Taehyung sighed and puffed his cheeks. "As expected of the Captain of the Second Court. He doesn't know how to be helpful."

Taehyung stepped out of the portal. Jieun quickly got up on her feet and made a fighting stance. Taehyung glanced at her curiously before giggling. When he realized that he was laughing, he quickly covered his mouth and closed the portal. Gritting his teeth, he took out a cubic wood from his robe. It was nearly all burnt and black.

"Looks like I'm running out of juice," Taehyung mumbled. He walked over and began to rip out the arrow from Bora's neck. "God damn it, Jiyong. I hope he didn't kill her. If he did, then I'm pretty screwed." Taehyung laughed, but stopped once he hid the cube back in his sleeves. He glanced at Jieun, who continued to remain tense and quiet. "That's a very cute pose you're making. You know, with your tiny fists out and stuff. Cute. Really."

Jieun's cheeks flushed red. "L-Leave me alone, or else!"

"You're the Wanted One. Do you really think that I'm going to leave you alone?" Taehyung asked. When he took out the second and final arrow from Bora's chest, the witch gasped for breath and began to spit out blood. Jieun flinched at the sight of Bora suffering. "Good! You're alive!"

Bora angrily grabbed Taehyung's shirt. In the midst of laughing and trying to show her infuriation, Bora waved her wand wildly in the air.

"Ha, ha—C-Captain of the Sixth Court! You betrayed—he, he!—me! You threw me away! You—ha, ha, ha—left me to die! You tried to kill me! Ha, ha!" Bora shouted and screamed, throwing a wild fit.

Taehyung smirked and muttered out some chuckles. "Wasn't my plan to get caught by the other Captains. What matters is that you're alive, right? Here, I need you to make me a new magic wood block thing. The one you gave me is already running out."

The two bickered, leaving Jieun confused with what to do. Was this a good time to run away? Or should she stay and see what was going on? 

"I-I can't—He, he, he!—make you a new one! Ha, ha, ha, ha! Ha, ha! The cat! The cat! My cat! The cat!" Bora bursted into laughter, unable to stop. She went into hysteria and began to slam her fist against the puddle of blood, holding onto her stomach, unable to stop laughing. "The gems! Lovely gems! Ha, ha! My cat! Ha, ha! Beautiful!"

Taehyung scowled. "Darn it. She's a goner."

He moved his hand over her entire body. With a few twitches of his fingers, Jieun saw Bora flatten and shrink until she became a 2-D figure on the floor. Taehyung took out something that looked like paper and scooped up the 2-D image of Bora, entrapping her onto the small piece of paper. Jieun felt a shiver run through her spine when Taehyung showed her an awfully realistic image of Bora, except the picture was moving. move, but no sound was produced from the paper.

What the heck? Is this a Dimensional power? Dimensionals can do that? Jieun panicked. Oh god. I don't want to turn into a painting. I don't want to be stuck on a piece of paper.

"Gotta keep this picture safe," Taehyung said. He folded the paper in half. When he folded the paper, Jieun could hear the bones cracking. Red ink dripped from the paper, and she clearly knew that it was Bora's blood that fell from the paper. Without a care, Taehyung shoved the paper in his robe and finally made eye-contact with Jieun. "Now, it's your turn."

I can't go defense here. If I go defense, I might actually turn into a drawing like Bora, Jieun told herself. I'll have to use my powers and attack.

Jieun lifted her index fingers and her middle fingers. In between her two fingers, gold dust shimmered and formed something that looked like a star. The yellow throwing star was coated with a red lining. She steadied herself and stared at Taehyung, who seemed impressed that she was able to use her powers to take a specific form.

"I see that you've mastered Form with the Galaxial Wish," Taehyung said, amused. "Kind of like shooting stars…"

"Please let me go," Jieun said with a shaky voice. "I don't want to hurt you."

"You know, you should never say that in front of an enemy," Taehyung said. He opened the palm of his hand towards Jieun. "The enemy might think that you're too soft to attack, don't you think?"