Nothing Left Here To Burn

Love is Not Over

"What more do you expect from me?
There's nothing left here to burn
There's nothing left here to burn
And I've given you every part of me
There's nothing left here to burn
There's nothing left here to burn."

 Lovers & Liars "Nothing Left Here To Burn"


*note: this chapter contains mentions of alcohol and drinking (and a whole lot of cursing)

"Hey, are you busy tomorrow night?"

"Mm, no, I don't think I am..."

"Great! Let's go clubbing then!"

I groaned, bringing a hand up to comb through my messy hair. I vaguely heard Jihyun's whiny voice over the phone, a little too engrossed on the drama that was playing on T.V. The main protagonist was staring at the other protagonist's face, both of their faces very close to each other. I held my breath as they leaned closer and closer, tilting their heads slowly-

"Yah!" I jumped at the sound of Jihyun yelling, tearing my eyes away from the screen to pull my phone away from my ear, "Are you paying attention?"

"Sorry, I was watching this drama, and-" I stopped. How exactly was I supposed to explain to Jihyun that I was too busy staring at two people kiss? I swallowed, racking my brain for an explanation, "...and the main guy got hit by a car. Yeah." A hot blush crept up to my face, my hands reaching for the controller and turning the T.V. off. What kind of explanation was that?

"...Okay?" She seemed pretty skeptical of my words, but continued on, to my relief, "Anyway, there's a new club near the mall that everyone's been talking about lately. I heard the drinks are pretty good, and they even have live performances. Plus," Her voice suddenly dropped to a whisper, as if telling me a juicy secret, "Sooyoung told me the bartenders and servers are really hot."

I blinked for a second before I groaned again, burying my face into a nearby pillow, "Jihyun, you know I'm not looking for anyone right now-"

"But that doesn't mean you can't have fun every now and then," She interrupted me, her voice sounding exasperated, "I'm not telling you to date any of them. I'm just saying, wouldn't it be nice to just let loose and have a few drinks, chat a little, maybe makeout with one of them, hm?"

I felt a complain rising up, but I stopped. Thinking about it, she was right. It had been a while since I had went out and actually partied with my friends, finding staying at home and watching dramas much more appealing. But then again, I thought as my eyes slid to the dark screen of my T.V., replaying the kiss scene in my head. It had been a while since I had any sort of interaction with another guy. I bit my lip and furrowed my brows together, balancing the pros and cons. It would be nice to meet new people...

"I guess..." I said hesitantly, still a little unsure. I could practically feel her cheeky smile radiating through the line at my words, "But I don't have anything to wear-"

"You can borrow one of my dresses! I know you really like the black one with the straps on the back," My eyes widened in surprise at her offer, the idea of going out tomorrow sounding more and more appealing. I really did love that dress and she knew it.

"...Alright fine, since there isn't any reason for me not to go."

 I yanked my phone away from my ear at the sound of Jihyun screaming in delight, her voice high pitched and overjoyed. I couldn't help but smile, finding her happiness and enthusiasm contagious.

"Alright, I'll pick you up around 8 tomorrow. I also invited Sooyoung and Sojin by the way, hope you don't mind!" I chuckled at her excited tone, and hummed in response, ending the call. I stared at the blank T.V. screen, thinking about tomorrow night. I brought a hand up to my hair, curling a few stray strands between my fingers. When was the last time I had actually dolled up?

I suddenly grew excited at the prospect of tomorrow and stood up, skipping my way to my room. I went to my vanity and pulled out a drawer, scanning the various eyeliners and make up brushes inside. It felt like years since I had last put any effort into looking "pretty," often finding myself rolling out of my bed in the morning and deciding I looked presentable enough before heading off to work.

I picked up a brush and smiled giddily to myself, combing through the other products in the drawer. Clubbing and drinking, huh?

"But you can't handle alcohol."

I shook my head frantically, an all too familiar voice chiding me in my mind. I reached for the ring hanging from my neck, it through the material of my sweater. To my relief, the voice soon went away, no longer bothering me. I bit back a frown, feeling a little uneasy at the truth of the words.

I would be just fine, I tried to convince myself, just fine. 

"Alright, we're here!"

Sooyoung's car came to a halt, lurching all of us forward. Sojin cheered loudly in the front seat, turning around to wiggle her eyebrows at Jihyun and I. I smiled nervously in return, turning my head to nudge Jihyun lightly, who was already unbuckling her seatbelt, a wild and excited look in her eyes.

"Party time!" Sooyoung practically sang as she got out of the car after pulling out the key from the ignition, soon followed by Sojin. Jihyun turned to me, her smile turning into a frown at the way I was nervously fidgeting in my seat. She placed an arm on my shoulder, a look of concern crossing her face, "Hey, what's wrong?" 

"Nothing," I squeaked out, clearing my throat, "Just a bit nervous, I guess."

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to," She gave me a comforting pat on the shoulder, offering a sympathetic smile, "I'll just tell the girls you weren't feeling well-"

"No, no!" I shook my head quickly, bringing my hands up to wave them in front of me, dismissing such thoughts. I mustered the best smile I could and reached for her hands, trying to look calm and collected, "We came here to have fun, and I'm not going to let anything get in the way of that. I'm just a little overwhelmed by all of this, but I'll be fine."

I gave her a reassuring smile, feeling relieved at the way she seemed to ease up slightly at my words.

"Alright, if you say so. Let me know if you feel sick or anything, alright?" I nodded and returned her smile, finally unbuckling my seatbelt. She shouted after Sojin and Sooyoung as she opened the car door, the two already halfway to the club. She paused for a second and turned around quickly, winking teasingly in my direction, "By the way, you look absolutely stunning tonight."

I blushed and fumbled with the zipper of my jacket, my hands coming in contact with the cold metal of my ring. I bit my lip, thinking for a moment before unclasping the chain and stuffing it in my jacket pocket, zipping it up in the process. I was afraid of losing the ring, I admitted, afraid of dropping it while dancing or having it taken away from me.

I gave myself a small pep talk before stepping out of the car, determined to have a fantastic night.

We quickly made our way to the club, whose sign was flashing brightly in neon lights. Although it was a lot warmer than it had been lately, it was still pretty cold in Seoul. I shivered as we neared the entrance, already hearing the loud music blasting from the inside.

We were immediately greeted upon entering the club, the guy smiling charmingly at us as he lead us to a nearby bar. I blinked, trying to get used to the flashing lights in the club, not realizing Jihyun's clutch on my arm suddenly tightening, a squeak of surprise leaving .

"Hey girls, how can I help you to- Oh, hey Jihyun," My head snapped in the direction of the voice, my eyes not believing what I was seeing. I glanced at Jihyun next to me, her eyes widening and her cheeks already flushing a deep red.

"Jin-Jinyoung. Hi," Jihyun squeaked, a look of disbelief etched onto her facee as Jinyoung continued to smile at her. I glanced at the bartenders next to Jinyoung, all clad in fancy vests and bowties. One of them winked in my direction upon eye contact, and I blushed, looking away. I could practically hear Sojin and Sooyoung squealing nearby, already having taken a seat at the bar. 

"Hello, I'm Jaebum," I glanced up at the sound of an unfamiliar voice, my eyes falling on a quite attractive guy next to Jinyoung, his hair gelled up elegantly, "And this," He brought his hands up, spinning around a little, "Is our club. Care for some drinks tonight, ladies?"

Jihyun finally snapped out of her trance at his words, her hand digging through her purse, fishing for her card. Jinyoung brought a hand up to stop her, laughing in the process, "Don't worry about it Jihyun. Drinks are on the house for you and your friends."

As he said this, he leaned closer to her, elbows propped up on the bar counter, "By the way, you look really beautiful tonight. Care to join me on the dance floor later?"

We all watched as Jihyun gawked at him, her face growing an extremely dark shade of red, eyes practically bulging out of their sockets. I nudged her ribs after a while, finding her quietness unnerving. She slowly nodded, not being able to form a verbal response, and froze at the way Jinyoung gave her a blinding smile, nodding along with her.

Both Jinyoung and Jaebum turned around, grabbing a few glasses and bottles, along with a cocktail shaker. Sojin cooed at Jihyun's flaming face, whispering encouraging words into her ear. Jihyun still seemed a bit out of it, nodding numbly along to her words. Sooyoung whistled alongside her, her eyes raking through all the servers in front of us.

"Damn Jihyun, Jinyoung sure has hot friends."

I hiccuped, tilting my head back and letting the cold liquid of the cocktail in my hand go down my throat. I ignored the burning sensation in my throat and grinned, chatting with the bartender who had winked at me a few minutes prior.

"And then Jihyun tripped right in front of Jinyoung and face planted onto the floor! Right Jihyun?" I giggled and ed my elbow to the side, intending to nudge her, but frowned as my elbow was met with nothing but air. I looked around me, only to discover that I was alone at the bar. 

"I think all of your friends are on the dance floor," I turned back to the bartender, watching as he slid me another drink. I stared at the cocktail for a couple of seconds, suddenly finding the color of the drink amazing. I let out another hiccup and grabbed it, watching the drink spill a little onto the counter at the unsteadyness of my hands, "... And so are half my hyungs. Great."

I giggled at his words before downing my drink in one go, getting a little dizzy this time. I blinked away the sudden bright stars in my vision, massaging my temple at the slight throb of my head.

"Hey, you okay?" I nodded, my head still throbbing, but I waved him off anyway, "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for your concern... Youngjae, was it?"

He nodded, winking and giving me a dazzling smile. I felt my cheeks flush at his actions and tore my eyes away. I scanned the club lazily, my eyes lingering on a couple making out in the middle of the dance room before moving on, finding Jinyoung and Jihyun near the back, the latter smiling and laughing at whatever Jinyoung was saying. I giggled at the two and continued to search the club for my other friends.

I glanced at the other side of the club, watching a group of seven guys chat amongst themselves at the other bar. My eyes immediately slid to the one with blonde hair, his hair styled in a very attractive way, dressed in a casual, yet slick outfit. He was beautiful, I nodded to myself, very much so.

He suddenly turned his head in my direction, our eyes meeting for a brief second. I scanned his features, the way his eyebrows suddenly furrowed and his lips formed into a thin line. Even so, he was still very handsome, I concluded, smiling giddily to myself. I titled my head in confusion when his eyes widened, still staring at me. Something about this beautiful stranger was oddly familiar. I felt the gears in my head slowly turn, already feeling the effects of the alcohol affecting my thought process.

It was only after his friends turned in my direction as he got up from his seat that it hit me.

I practically choked on my spit upon realizing who the beautiful blonde stranger was. No way, what, how-

"!" I cursed out loud, quickly turning around to face Youngjae again. He jumped at the harshness of my voice, and proceeded to ask me what was wrong. I shook my head quickly, pushing my empty glass towards him.

It's okay, everything is going to be fine, absolutely fine.

"Give me some of your strongest stuff," I demanded, my words coming out fast and slightly panicked. I tried to ignore the throbbing sensation developing in my head and the beating of my heart that I could now hear ringing in my ear. He hesitated for a few seconds before nodding, slightly intimidated by the glare I was throwing his way.

He grabbed a bottle from behind him and filled a shot glass, handing it to me. I immediately titled my head back, almost choking at the foul taste that filled my mouth, but managed to get it down. I hissed, shoving my glass in Youngjae's face, demaning a refill.

Time to attempt to drink my problems away.

I felt myself growing more and more tipsy, my body swaying slighhtly as I took another shot, and another, and another-

"What the do you think you're doing?" A voice suddenly growled near my ear, tone dangerously low. I ignored it, grabbing the shot glass in front of me. I watched as a hand reached out from behind me and smacked the drink out of my hand, spilling its contents onto the counter.

I yelped as I was suddenly yanked from my seat, a hand gripping my arm tightly. I stumbled forward, my whole body feeling shaky and heavy, like I was walking in mud. I tried to tear my arm away from his grip, but to no avail; his grip on my arm only tightened, making me wince slightly at the pain. 

I blinked rapidly, the lights of the club suddenly too harsh, the music blasting too loud.

"Let me go," I drawled out, but was only met with a harsh glare in return. I struggled and grunted as he dragged me towards the back of the club, away from the bar and the dance floor, his fingers starting to dig painfully into my skin, "Yoongi, you're hurting me."

At my words, his grip on my arm loosened, and I took the opportunity to yank my arm away, stumbling backwards and almost falling onto the floor. I blinked away the blurriness in my vision and tried to concentrate on the figure in front of me. Who I now realized, was practically fuming, his eyes harsh, a scowl on his face.

"Why'd you," I slurred, shaking my head, willing for the dizzyness to go away, "Why'd you spill my drink?"

He stepped closer to me, eyes never leaving my own. I gulped, feeling slightly intimidated, "You and I both know you can't handle alcohol well. With the way you're drinking shots, you'll end up in the hospital within thirty minutes."

"Excuse me?" I snorted, rolling my eyes and shooting a glare in his direction. Something bubbled inside of me, anger and confusion, "Since when do you care about my well being? Actually, you know what- it's none of your ing business. Now leave me alone."

I attempted to walk away, only to be stopped by a hand grabbing my wrist. I swiveled around, returning the glare he was giving me.

"Let me go."

"No." Anger bubbled inside of me at his words, and I hissed, trying to pull my arm back.

"And why the not?"

"You're just going to get even more wasted," I was baffled at his words, not believing this was happening. Why does he care, why now, why-

"...And this concerns you because?" I tried to calm down a little, feeling the effects of the alcohol in my system. I was too phased by his words, getting too worked up. It pissed me of how he seemed perfectly calm, like nothing was bothering him, save for the permanent angry look on his face. 

"Because I-" The look in his eyes softened, seemingly choosing his words carefully before speaking, "I care about you."

Something snapped inside of me at his words, suddenly feeling utterly lost and confused. Something washed over me, disbelief and anger and a touch of amusement. I managed to yank my wrist out of his grasp, forcing out an empty laugh.

"You're joking, right?" I let out another laugh, shaking my head in disbelief, "You have got to be joking."

To show my point, I punched his chest playfully, well attempted to. My hand-eye coordination was not up to par with my expectations, and I weakly thumped his chest with my fist.

Yoongi remained silent for a few seconds before speaking up, the tone of his voice surprisingly gentle, "I'm not. I really do... care about you.

I was caught off guard by the soft look in his eyes, the way he looked at me tenderly. Warm memories of dates and hangouts suddenly flooded into my mind, memories I had thought I had locked away.

"You- You're lying," I choked out, feeling frustrated tears stinging the back of my eyes, "You're lying and this is all some sick joke. There's no way you still care about me, not after the way you treated me-"

The alcohol had completely destroyed my mouth brain filter, and I no longer thought about my words before letting them slip out. I started pounding his chest with my fists, biting my lip harshly. He remained quiet, letting me do as I pleased.

"You- you ignored me and literally erased me from your life. You broke things off without an explanation, and left me feeling so vulnerable and alone. I gave you my heart and you," I choked back a sob, letting my emotions get the better of me, "You just left it out freeze, without looking back even once."

"I tried to understand what happened for weeks, because I cared about you, about us. But people have limits, alright, and eventually a line has to be drawn somewhere, when you've realize enough is enough. And frankly," I took a deep breath, my voice growing hysterical, "I've reached mine. I grew tired of caring, tired of hoping and wishing that this was all a really bad dream and I would wake up and see you next to me. So I let you go, I let you ing go."

"I finally started forgetting you, finally escaping the dark thoughts in my mind. But here you are, in front of me, suddenly saying that you care about me, as if nothing ever happened," My pounding on his chest grew weaker, hot tears blurring my vision, "You have no ing right to say that you still care after all you've done. You can't just choose to care one day and not give a the next; it doesn't work like that, okay, I'm not a ing doll that you can play with whenever you feel like it!"

"If this is some kind of game to you, Yoongi, I- I don't want any part in it."

His quietness did nothing but fuel my anger and my tears. I let them fall freely down my face, my heart beating painfully fast in my chest. The world dimmed around me as I watched him, his eyes downcasted to his shoes, expression never changing.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" I questioned, frustrated at his silence. Past the anger and confusion, a little part of me believed his words. I felt so weak and vulnerable in that moment, I wanted nothing more than to run into his embrace, to feel cared for and loved.

"... Is it true then? This is all a joke and-"

I yelped as I was suddenly slammed against the wall, Yoongi gripping my wrists tightly above my head on either side of me. I gulped, feeling slightly intimidated by the intense look in his eyes. He leaned in close to my ear, his breath tickling my neck and sending shivers down my spine.

"You're not a joke to me," His voice was low and husky, words slightly slurred, "You, our relationship, everything between us, it was never a game to me."

"Is that so," I blurted out, suddenly feeling light headed and dizzy. He leaned back and our eyes locked in an intense gaze. I felt a sudden spark between us, something I hadn't felt in a very long time, "'Cause your actions say otherwise-"

I was by interrupted by his lips crashing onto mine, his body pressing my own against the wall. Butterflies burst in my stomach and I saw stars in my vision, my eyes drooping close unconciously. I found myself kissing back, my resolve to resist crumbling to the floor, pressing my lips fervently against his own. It was a sloppy kiss, more clacking of teeth and teasing tongues than kissing, but nevertheless, I suddenly felt light, like I was soaring and there was no coming down.

"," He murmured against my lips, his hands trailing from my wrists to my bare shoulders, fingertips tracing a fiery path down to my waist. My hands now free from his grasp, I tangled them in his hair, pulling him in closer, ", you're so beautiful."

He pulled back briefly, both of us breathing heavily before leaning in again, this time capturing my bottom lip between his teeth, nibbling the flesh lightly. I whimpered as he at the now tender area, taking the opportunity to slide his tongue into my cavern and tangle it with my own. I could taste alcohol in his breath, and heard the clacking of our teeth again, but I ignored it, too distracted by the passion and the heat. 

All that mattered in that moment was that Yoongi was here, and he was kissing me like his life depended on it. 

We both pulled back, our faces flushed, lips swollen. He leaned his forehead flush against my own, the sound of his labored breathing oddly reassuring. At least I had the same effect on him that he had on me, if the palpitating of my heart in my chest was anything to go by. I felt like I was on fire, my whole body in a state of euphoria. 

I missed him. I missed his smile, his laugh, the way he held me, talked to me, comforted me. I missed everything. No amount of denying could ever change that.

I watched as he untangled my hands from his hair, bringing them to his lips and pressing soft kisses against the bruised skin of my wrists. My heart swelled at his actions and I stared at him shyly, his lips making their way up to the palm of my hand, soon traveling to my knuckles.

He scanned my face briefly, his eyes holding a certain tenderness to them. I almost shrunk away at his gaze but he only chuckled lowly, pressing his lips passionately against my own. My hands found their way to his hair again, tugging at it slightly and pulling him closer.

The musky scent of his cologne filled my nostrils and I suddenly felt incredibly dizzy, the world spinning around me even though my eyes were closed. I opened my eyes a crack, only to be met with harsh, glaring lights in my vision. I was suddenly aware of the blaring of music right next to my ear, too loud and overwhelming. A wave of nausea washed over me, followed by a splitting headache.

I pushed him away harshly, feeling bile rise up in my throat. I hunched over to the side and shut my eyes before emptying the contents of my stomach onto the floor. I felt someone pull my hair back, making sure it wasn't in my face. Another hand patted my back soothingly as I dry heaved for a few seconds, feeling sick and sluggish.

"Here," I looked up to see Yoongi offering a napkin to me. I took it gratefully, wiping my mouth, almost gagging at the aftertaste of vomit. He crouched next to me wrapped his arm around my shoulders, helping me up to my feet. 

Reality seemed to crash down on me just then, and I pushed him away, stumbling away from his grasp. I grabbed onto a nearby chair, my head spinning and stars flooding my vision, my knees growing weak as I tried to support myself.

A hand reached out to hold my arm but I slapped it away, hissing at the way the hammering in my head only grew worse.

"I don't need your help, just leave me alone," I looked up and tried to focus on Yoongi's figure in front of me, "Stop pretending like you care."

"Are you ing kidding me," He hissed, stepping closer to me, looking pissed off, "You're so drunk right now, you can't even stand on your own two feet."

I was suddenly pulled up from my position, finding myself being pressed flush against his body, his arms wrapped tightly around my frame. I could hear his heart thumping, I realized, my ear pressed up against his chest. I let out a whine, struggling in his arms, wanting to escape.

"I have a proposal," He said in a serious tone, grabbing my chin and tilting it up to look at him. I tried to ignore the way my heart melted at the gentle look in his eyes, albeit a bit sad as well.

"Let's pretend, just for one night, that everything's okay and we still care about each other. If you have such a hard time believing me, at least... let me take care of you, just for tonight."

I wanted to scream no, I don't need your help, stop lying, but the way he gazed at me softly, as if he really was speaking the truth, made me bite my tongue and swallow my words.

"...Okay," I muttered, feeling utterly tired and defeated. My whole body instantly melted into his arms, no longer struggling against his hold, "Just for tonight."

With that, I closed my eyes, slipping into the darkness.

"Make sure she drinks a lot of water; vomiting usually causes dehydration. When she wakes up, give her something light to eat, nothing too heavy, otherwise you'll make her nausea worse. I suggest you keep a bucket near her bed in case she needs to throw up again."

I opened my eyes tiredly, attempting to sit up only to groan at the heavy weight of my head, the stiffness of my muscles. A hand gently pushed me to lean against someone's shoulder. I squinted in the darkness, but the scent of a familiar cologne was all I needed to realize who it was.

"Yoongi," I mumbled, letting my heavy eyelids droop close, "Where am I?"

"We're in Seokjin's car. He's driving us to your apartment," His voice was soft, his hand gently carressing my hair, "Before you ask, I told Jihyun you weren't feeling well and that I was taking you home."

We stayed quiet for a few moments, and I finally opened my eyes and glanced down at my hand, finding it interlocked with Yoongi's.

"I hate you," I muttered lazily. I watched as his eyes shifted towards me briefly before staring straight ahead again.

"I know."

"I really, really hate you."

"I know."

"... I love you."

He remained quiet after that, only speaking up to thank Seokjin after we finally arrived at my apartment. I threw my arms around his neck lazily and giggled in his ear as he placed his arms below my knees and on my back, lifting me up. 

I fumbled with the pocket of my jacket and handed my keys to him. He managed to unlock the door without letting me go, and carefully made his way through my apartment.

I blinked at the sudden brightness of the room, Yoongi having the lights. He gently placed me down on my bed, and headed towards my closet. I yawned, stretching my arms on my bed, feeling slightly giddy from the alcohol still in my system.

"Here," A pair of pajamas were suddenly thrown at my face. I sat up to see Yoongi leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

I sighed tiredly, my hands reaching behind my back to fumble with the zipper of my dress. I huffed, my hands jerking at the zipper, attempting to zip it down but to no avail. No matter how hard I pulled, the zipper wasn't going anywhere.

"Yoongi," I whined, having had enough. Stupid dress, stupid zipper, "I need help."

He peeked through the door, fully opening it when he realized I hadn't changed yet, "What's wrong?"

I pouted, turning around and pointing at my zipper, "I can't pull down the zipper."

I heard footsteps approach me, shivering at the way his hands brushed my bare skin before making their way to my back. I held my breath as he tugged at the zipper, finally zipping it down after a few tries.

Without thinking, I immediately pulled down my dress and let it plop onto the floor, a satisfied smile crossing my face at the prospect of finally being free. I turned around to thank Yoongi, tilting my head in confusion at the sudden redness of his cheeks, his eyes bulging out of their sockets.

"What- - -" He spluttered, immediately tearing his eyes away and bringing a hand to cover his face. I stared at him blankly, looking around before glancing down at my attire.

Oh.

A teasing grin grew on my face and I giggled, suddenly finding him adorable, "What's wrong, Yoongi? It's not like you haven't seen me half before."

"Thank God you're only like this when you're drunk," I heard him mumble underneath his breath, along with a string of profanities. I giggled again, waving my hand at him before making my way to my bed, finally slipping on my pajamas.

I jumped onto my bed, kicking my legs in the air, suddenly feeling awake and energized. I watched as Yoongi walked towards me, his face still slightly red, but managed to lift my covers and wrap me up in a warm cocoon.

"Go to sleep," He muttered, gently carressing my cheek. I giggled, nuzzling my nose against his hand but stopped when he pulled away. A sudden sense of panic washed over me as he got up and turned around, about to make his way towards the door.

He's leaving me, I shouted in my mind, my heart hammering painfully in my chest, my breathing suddenly uneven.

Yoongi's leaving me again.

"Please," I pleaded, grabbing his sleeve before he could move any further. He stopped, turning around, eyes growing wide at the tears b in my eyes, "Don't leave me, Yoongi."

His eyes grew soft, stepping closer and placing his hands on my cheeks, wiping at the tears that had already fallen.

"Shh, don't cry," He whispered soothingly, leaning foward and planting a soft peck on my forehead. I hiccuped, my hands reaching up to clutch his own. He stayed quiet for a moment, as if contemplating something, his eyes shifting to mine every so often, "...Are you sure?"

I nodded my head quickly, clutching his hands tigheter, "Stay with me, please."

He hesitated for a moment before standing up and shrugging off his jacket, brushing a hand through his messy hair tiredly. I watched as he carefully lifted the covers and slid in right beside me, arm reaching up to turn off my lamp.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close. I clutched at his shirt, burying my nose into the crook of his neck, letting my body melt against his. This was familiar, I thought, the kind of familiar that was warm and comforting. I let out a yawn and shut my eyes tiredly, enjoying the warmth that was surrounding me.

I missed this warmth.

"Good night," I heard him whisper quietly against my hair. I nodded, repeating his words.

I fell asleep to the beating of his heart and to his steady breathing.


"A broken heart -- tried hard to make it whole
but the memories won't seem to let you go."

back to the 4am updates, woo!! okay so firstly,  I literally have never entered a club before, and I've never been drunk either. I wrote this chapter based on stories I've read and things I've heard, so there may be some inaccuracies ><

also sorry if mentions of alcohol and drinking make you uncomfortable in any type of way;; shoot me a quick message and I'll let you know what happened in this chapter *bows deeply*

but anywhoo, ohman this chapter is sooo long cries but hopefully it won't be such a pain to read it ;u; I seriously had a great time writing this haha :^))

again, thank you too all the lovely subscribers, upvoters, and especially the commenters. I love you all just as much as Yoongi loves sleep !!

and yes, I totally slipped got7 into my story

fml i was too busy writing this chapter, I didn't realize BTS uploaded a bangtan bomb; oh well no sleep for me

creds to yoo-ngie