020: Our Conversations Are A Secret Between The Two Of Us

Conversations

The bell rang when Jessica stepped into the café. There were not many people in the café at this time. She was early. It was only 1.45pm. She was too nervous and came too early. She ordered a javachip and settled on a window seat. She bit her lip nervously, drumming her fingers on the table. The wait was excruciating. Jessica fished out her phone and fired a text to Tiffany.

Jessica: I’m at the café already! Are you reaching soon?

The response came almost instantly.

Tiffany: WHY ARE YOU SO EARLY

Tiffany: I’LL BE THERE IN TEN

Tiffany: WAIT FOR ME

Tiffany: IF YOU DARE TO DITCH ME, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN JUNG JESSICA

The reply made Jessica chuckle. She quickly typed in a reply.

Jessica: Don’t worry. I’m not going anywhere.

Jessica: On second thought, if you’re late, maybe I will.

Tiffany: IM NOT LATE YOU’RE JUST EARLY

Tiffany: I’LL BE THERE SOON

Jessica put away her phone soon after. The waitress – Irene, Jessica caught a glimpse of her nametag – served her javachip and went back to the front counter. Jessica noticed Irene kissing the barista square on the lips and she smiled to herself. Would she and Tiffany be like that too? The barista swatted Irene’s forearm playfully. (“Too much skinship!” the barista exclaimed. “But you love it, Wan-ah~” Irene says to the barista.) The barista – Wan-ah? – looked at Irene with pure adoration and Jessica could tell the barista really loved Irene. Hopefully, Tiffany would look at her that way too.

Jessica checked her reflection using her phone. Her hair had been particularly difficult to tame that morning. It was okay now but Jessica could never be satisfied with her hair. She felt rather under-dressed too. A plain white t-shirt and destroyed jeans usually sufficed for Jessica but it didn’t feel enough for today.

Will she like me?

Jessica was getting restless. She fidgeted constantly, watching time crawl by. It was 1.50pm. 5 more minutes until Tiffany arrived. She ran a hand through her hair, combing it multiple times. She checked her makeup, making sure it didn’t smudge. Her heart pounded and she could feel butterflies whirling up a storm in her stomach.

Should I run away?

It was a mere passing thought, despite the urge to really do so. Tiffany told her not to ditch her, so she won’t. She tried to busy herself by scrolling through tumblr, but she found herself stuck and reading the same word five times. She slammed her phone on the table, burying her face in her hands. This was way too nerve-wracking.

It was 1.54pm. Tiffany could step in any moment now.

She sipped on her javachip – the sweetness did nothing to calm her down. Maybe she should have ordered something bitter?

1.55pm. Oh my god.

The bell rang, signalling the arrival of another customer. Jessica didn’t dare to look up.

“Welcome to Red Velvet Delights! How may I help you?”

“Latte please. Thank you,” the customer ordered.

It was a latte. A latte. Tiffany liked lattes. The realization stunned Jessica. This customer was possibly her. Still, Jessica kept her eyes on her javachip, too timid to look up. She bit her lip anxiously, nearly crushing the poor cup in her hands.

Oh god, what do I do?

“Thanks for the latte, Wendy!”

 Wendy? Was that the barista’s name? There were too many thoughts in her head and her mind was foggy. Jessica could hardly think straight. She had no idea what to do. Should she greet Tiffany first? Wait for Tiffany to text her? Or wait for Tiffany to approach?

She was on the verge of pulling her hair out when a voice broke her train of thought.

“Hey, Girlfriend.”

Jessica looked up, heart pounding against her ribcage.

She was surprised to see the same Tiffany whom she had seen in the café a few weeks ago.

“You-” Jessica was at a loss for words.

“We finally met so I guess I can call you Girlfriend now?” Tiffany smiled.

Tiffany was beautiful, with her long black hair cascading down her shoulder. There was the same genuine eyesmile which Jessica had witnessed just weeks ago. Tiffany was breathtaking, her eyes twinkling. She was everything Jessica imagined to be. There was the same husky voice she was so well-acquainted with, except this was more real. Tiffany was here. Tiffany was real.

“Tiffany,” Jessica breathed.

“Jessi,” Tiffany whispered.

Hearing her nickname made her heart soar. This was the Tiffany she was so in love with. This was the Tiffany she loved dearly. And this Tiffany was right in front of her.

“I love you, Jessi.”

And Jessica knew she would never regret falling in love with Tiffany.

///

“I think you’re beautiful, Jessi.” The compliment made Jessica’s cheek flush.

“I’m not.”

“You are.” Tiffany tickled her chin, earning a swat from Jessica.

“You lied to me.” Jessica narrowed her eyes at her.

“Aww. Don’t pout. When did I lie to you?”

“I saw you that time. And you said you weren’t there.”

“I’m sorry, Jessi. But I wanted to keep my identity a secret.”

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows and Tiffany’s hand automatically moved to smoothen them out.

“You must’ve been rejoicing on the inside.”

“I was.” Tiffany laughed. “You said I was pretty. How could I not feel happy?”

“Did you see me though?”

“I did. But I didn’t know that beautiful girl at the window seat was you until today,” Tiffany admitted.

“Cheesy.” Jessica flushed at the compliment again.

They talked like long-time lovers. It surprised Jessica, how everything seemed so right between the two of them. Conversations flowed easily and Jessica thought her previous worry was unnecessary and stupid, even.

Tiffany moved to tickle her chin again and Jessica didn’t swat her this time.

“Do you like tickling my chin so much?” Jessica raised a brow, amused by Tiffany.

“You’re so cute, I can’t help myself.”

“Tiff?”

“Hmm?” Tiffany hummed, still tickling Jessica’s chin.

“I really love you,” Jessica confessed.

Her eyes met Tiffany’s and she could see those beautiful orbs holding so much love and adoration. The corner of her lips tugged upwards into a smile and Jessica witnessed that beautiful eyesmile again. Their hands intertwined naturally, as if they’d been doing this for a long time.

“I really love you too,” Tiffany said, squeezing Jessica’s hand. “Girlfriend.”

Tiffany looked so happy calling Jessica her girlfriend, her eyes bright and twinkling. Jessica couldn’t help but giggle.

“Silly.”

“But you love me.”

“Yes, I do.”

Tiffany sighed contentedly, “I want to introduce you to all my family and friends. I want them to know you’re mine.”

Jessica had to hide a smile at that. She loved Tiffany’s slight possessiveness over her. It made her feel very wanted.

“How do we explain to people how we met?” Jessica asked.

Tiffany laughed.

“We don’t have to. Our conversations are a secret between the two of us.”

The two shared a secret smile at that.

fin.

+author's notes: so we still have one more epilogue left. i'll miss this fic a lot, and i'll miss the characters too ;; hope you guys are doing well. it's rather hazy and gloomy on my side today. those in asia, hope you guys take care of yourselves. the haze is horrible ;; thank you for all the upvotes. tbh, i really dont care for the upvotes but seeing the number of upvotes growing day by day leaves a very warm feeling in my heart. thank you. i love all your comments too. thank you, you guys. you guys make me smile :)