017: I Hear It Through Your Voice

Conversations

Things were not as different as Jessica had expected. There was still the frequent friendly banter that occurred countless times. Tiffany was still playful and cheesy, but there was the occasional sweetness that made Jessica’s heart flutter. She thought Tiffany seemed to be a little different though. It wasn’t bad, more of a good different. Her words seemed to be filled with more meaning somehow. Jessica didn’t know how she did it but Jessica liked it no matter.

They kept to their no labels promise. There was no mention of crushes, boyfriends or arranged marriages regardless. There was no promise, but Jessica didn’t think it was necessary. Her heart was already bound, in a good way, to Tiffany. Sometimes, words weren’t necessary and Jessica thought this was one of those times.

That didn’t mean she didn’t want to meet Tiffany though. She still didn’t know how Tiffany looked like, and while Jessica didn’t think it mattered, she still got curious from time to time.

Jessica: Tiffany. Describe to me your appearance.

Tiffany: Whattt? You’re so random, Jessi

Jessica: I’m curious.

Tiffany: And so I’m obliged to satisfy your curiosity?

Jessica: Instead of thinking of it as an obligation, why not think of it as a way to make your girlfriend happy?

Tiffany: Oh

Tiffany: Girlfriend, huh?

Jessica: Unless you don’t want to be.

Tiffany: It’s an honour to be yours ;)

Jessica: Tell me.

Jessica: What do you look like?

Tiffany: I can take a picture if you want

Jessica: No.

Tiffany: ?

Tiffany: But didn’t you just say you want to know how I look?

Jessica: I don’t want a picture. Just a description.

Tiffany: Weird Jessi

Jessica: It’s more romantic if I see how you look like when we meet, no?

Tiffany: Jessi, you’re surprisingly romantic

Jessica: Surprisingly?

Tiffany: Yeah

Tiffany: You seemed quiet and shy at first

Tiffany: Didn’t think you’d be romantic

Jessica: Isn’t it good? At least one of us knows how to be romantic.

Tiffany: ARE YOU SAYING I’M NOT

Tiffany: You’re such a heartbreaker :(((((((

Jessica: You’re romantic?

Tiffany: YES

Jessica: Well, to me, it’s more like cheesy and even a bit sleazy.

Tiffany: SLEAZY??????

Tiffany: JESSICA JUNG HOW COULD YOU

Jessica: It’s true though.

Tiffany: I’m hurt :(((((

Tiffany: You have to take responsibility for my injury!!

Jessica: How am I supposed to do that?

Tiffany: You can kiss it better ;)

Jessica: See what I mean by sleazy?

Jessica: Besides, I’m not even physically there.

Tiffany: I’M NOT SLEAZY

Tiffany: And I’m sad

Jessica: Because I’m not there?

Tiffany: Yeah

Jessica: I wish I’m there with you

Tiffany: Then why don’t you ever want to meet?

Jessica: Because I’m not ready. You know me, Tiff. Baby steps.

Tiffany: :(

Tiffany: Call me. I want to hear your voice.

Jessica smiled sadly, knowing the disappointment Tiffany felt. (She noticed the full-stops.) Even though she felt apologetic, she didn’t think she was ready. She didn’t feel ready.

She picked up her phone, dialling Tiffany’s number. (She knew Tiffany’s number by heart already.) She waited for the line to connect. It soothed her a little, the fact that Tiffany would always answer her calls with that husky voice of hers. (Tiffany would always be there for her.) There were times when she felt extremely lucky to have met Tiffany and to have fallen in love with her. Her heart was overflowing with Tiffany.

“Jessi…” Tiffany sighed and Jessica could feel her heart clench.

“I’m sorry,” Jessica could only mumble apologetically.

“Don’t be. It’s not your fault.”

“I’m sorry you’re dating a person like me.”

“Don’t say that. You’re a beautiful person with a beautiful heart. I love you.” Tiffany said sincerely.

Jessica could never tire of Tiffany’s confessions. No matter how many times Tiffany said I love you, the confession still felt heart-warming and new – almost as if she couldn’t believe Tiffany loved her.

“You always know the right words to say.”

“I did promise to protect you. This is the only thing I can do now.”

“Please give me some time.”

“At this rate, by the time you’re ready, we’ll be old, grey-haired and wrinkly,” Tiffany groaned jokingly.

“Don’t mock me! Stupid Tiff.”

“But I’m willing to wait for you for as long as you need. Even when I’m old and wrinkly, I’ll still love you,” Tiffany said sincerely.

Jessica’s vision blurred as she listened to Tiffany’s admission. She’d never find anyone else like Tiffany.

“If you leave me, I’ll kill you.”

Tiffany chuckled, “I’ll make sure my cause of death won’t be homicide then.”

“I love you. I don’t think I’ve said it before.”

“Oh, really? I’ve heard it many times though.”

“When?”

I hear it through your voice, Jessi.”

The sentence made Jessica cringe (even though her heart swelled with happiness.)

“Cheesy.”

“Your voice is always so smooth. I like your voice. It’s a little high-pitched but it’s always so smooth and clear.”

“That’s enough cheesiness for one day.”

“Aww…” Jessica could almost hear Tiffany pout at the other end.

“Wait, so how do you look like? You haven’t told me yet.”

“I have long hair.”

“Straight?”

“Slightly curled.”

“Colour?”

“Black.”

“Hmm, what else?”

“Hey, that’s not fair!” Tiffany exclaimed, “I’m the only one giving info here.”

Jessica surrendered, “Okay, what do you want to know then?”

“Hair.”

“Long, dark brown, without bangs. Do you have bangs?”

“They’re not full bangs though.”

“Tell me more.”

“No,” Tiffany rejected and Jessica had to whine.

“Why?”

“Then it’ll be more romantic when we meet, no?” Tiffany giggled, using Jessica’s own words against her.

“You’re such a bully.”

“But you love me,” Tiffany grinned.

///​
+author's notes: i love how tiffany's all "i'll make sure my cause of death won't be homicide" haha. thank you for all your lovely comments last update, despite how y the update was. you guys make me feel very loved, my adorbs ;; just a sidenote, do you guys think it's possible to fall in love with someone you've never seen before? (like jessi and tiff here) what do you guys think? anyway, i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. i think i'm left with about 5 or 6 updates (including the bonus epilogue) and this story will be finished. so it's soon. but don't worry too much. just enjoy the rest of it :) have a good day/night, wherever you are :) smileee :)
+edit: i am currently looking for someone to beta-read/give their comments on a fic i'm working on. anyone up for it? pm me :)