018: Pretty Girls With Pretty Hearts

Conversations

Tiffany’s blog post (10/11/2015)

Tonight, I miss my mother terribly. The stars are bright tonight and I feel melancholic. No matter how many people surround me, the loneliness stays and it’s a heavy weight in my heart. Have you ever felt so alone in a room full of people? My mother was my best friend, except she had more duties than that. She was the best listener; I could confide in her about everything. She put up with my tantrums and she taught me how love was so incredible.

I love her so much.

The stars are so beautiful.

I wish she could be here to see them too.

///

Jessica has signed in.

Tiffany is online.

Jessica: Are you okay? I read your blog post.

Tiffany: I’m fine. It’s just

Tiffany: I just miss my mom. I want her here.

Jessica: Do you want to talk? I can call you.

Tiffany: No, it’s okay.

Jessica: I’m sorry.

Tiffany: Why? You didn’t even do anything.

Jessica: I’m sorry I can’t comfort you. I’m sorry I can’t be physically there for you. I’m sorry for a lot of things.

Tiffany: Don’t be. Your words are enough. You don’t have to be here physically. You’re not ready and I promised to wait. I don’t want to force you into something you’re not ready for.

Tiffany: Besides, you’re here. With me. Talking to me. And that’s all that matters. You are enough.

 Jessica felt like she wasn’t.

///

Jessica ordered a javachip before settling down at a window seat. She loved window seats best. She could study the outside world, people busy, bustling around. Were they rushing for work? Were they late for something? Why was that girl walking so slowly? She looked down. Did something bad happen to her? Jessica wondered things like this. She observed people all the time, while being inside a small, cozy cafe.

Not today, though. She had too much on her mind today.

Was Tiffany okay? That conversation with her was stuck in Jessica’s head. Jessica had both her parents with her, and a bratty little sister – a complete family. Tiffany had no one else but her dad. She understood the way Tiffany felt, but she couldn’t completely empathise with her.

She sipped at her javachip, wondering if Tiffany was happy at the moment. The girl deserved to be happy. She was kind, too kind, to the point where she was a little naive sometimes.

Jessica let out a sigh. She couldn’t do anything to make Tiffany feel better, except for the messages and phone calls.

A girl walked in, sounding the bell.

“Welcome to Red Velvet Delights!” There was a call from the counter and the girl flashed a grateful smile. Jessica revelled in the fact that the girl’s smile was so genuine, her eyes turned into sweet crescent moons.

Pretty.

The girl ordered a latte and settled down two tables in front of Jessica. A window seat too, Jessica noticed. Tiffany liked window seats too. Jessica remembered that from a past conversation. The girl was pretty, beautiful even. But Jessica wasn’t one to pick up strangers (Not like she dared to, anyway.) And she already had a person she loved.

At the thought of this, she scoffed. Was it possible to fall for someone you haven’t seen before? Jessica didn’t know, but she didn’t really care anyway.

“Tiffany!” The counter girl called out, waiting for someone to collect their drink.

To Jessica’s surprise, the pretty girl stood up and collected her drink, leaving a tip and a loud “thanks so much!” on the way out. Jessica froze. Tiffany. It took a while to gather her bearings. Calm down, Jessica, there are a million and one Tiffanys out there. It can’t be that coincidental. Relax, Jessica Jung.

As much as she tried to convinced herself, it was a feeling she couldn’t shake off. She would ask Tiffany (her non-labelled girlfriend, not the pretty girl) about it.

///

Jessica: Hey, I saw a girl called Tiffany yesterday afternoon.

Tiffany: Really? Was it me?

Jessica: I don’t even know how you look like!!

Tiffany: Oh, right

Tiffany: What was she wearing?

Jessica: .

Jessica: I can’t remember!

Jessica: All I remember is her smile.

Jessica: Took my breath away.

Tiffany: Wow, what if the girl was me?

Jessica: Then I would say you’re really, really, really, pretty. Beautiful.

Tiffany: Where did you meet her? How did you know her name?

Jessica: Red Velvet Delights. That cafe. Do you know? She ordered a latte, I think.

Tiffany: I don’t remember walking into it yesterday

Tiffany: Latte’s my favourite drink though

Tiffany: But I doubt it was me

Jessica: Oh.

Tiffany: Disappointed?

Jessica: Nope, more like thankful.

Tiffany: Hey! Rude!

Jessica: If I see her next time, maybe I’ll ask her out.

Tiffany: Hey! I’m your girlfriend!

Jessica: Nope. We’re just together, Ms do we even need labels.

Tiffany: That’s not fair :(((( Don’t use my words against me :((((

Jessica: Aww, poor puppy.

Tiffany: Besides, you don’t even know if she’ll appear again

Tiffany: You’ll always have this Tiffany here

Tiffany: We can hook up ;)

Jessica: The other Tiffany is prettier.

Tiffany: ASDFGHJKL BUT YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW I LOOK LIKE?

Tiffany: I could be really fabulously pretty, you know.

Jessica: And you could be fabulously ugly as well.

Tiffany: A LOT OF PEOPLE SAY THAT I’M PRETTY OKAY

Jessica: Sure, send a picture then.

Tiffany: No.

Jessica: See, you must be ugly.

Tiffany: No, I’m not. I’ll let you wonder how pretty and y I am.

Jessica: Or wonder how ugly you are.

Tiffany: I hate you.

Jessica: It’s okay if you’re ugly though. You have a pretty heart. And that’s what matters most.

///

+author's notes: can i just say i really like this chapter's title? i feel like it suits the chapter perfectly. as you guys can tell, we aren't far from the end already :) i'm currently editing a full-length jeti oneshot (with a prequel to go with it) so more jeti! /celebrates/ it's a sunday so i'll have to drag myself to school tomorrow. it'll be horrible but i'll be reading your comments and my day will be better :) you guys are adorbs :) hope you'll have a better day with this update as well!!

+more author's notes: i know red velvet has made their comeback for quite a while now and i didn't mention anything related to them but omg i love dumb dumb so much. the album is amazing ;; campfire, oh boy and lady's room are my favourites! anyone here with the same faves? /highfives/ im just gonna leave this here (because i ship wenrene sooo hard damn) they're so gay and flirty. watches, sighs, faints, repeat.