Selfless

You and Me

A simple one-shot inspired from Romeo and Juliet so you already know the ending of this.  ^^

 

 

I beg the other author-nims to stop writing angst because it sets the mood for me to write angst as well. Let’s be fluffy and naughty next time..  /winks/

 

And yes, I'm ditching my so-called busy schedule for this. I can always have time for ANGST..  XD

 


 

 

Love doesn’t always ends with Cinderella living happily with her prince..

 

 

There’re stories wherein it ends with Juliet not being securely wrapped in Romeo’s arms rather clutching a knife in her hand to end her miserable life and save the happiness of majority.

 

 

And that’s how Jinwoo feels in his present situation.

 

 

In his more than twenty years of existence in this planet, he never expected that his straight life will curve in a matter of a millisecond with a turn of the practice room’s doorknob.

 

 

He saw the guy that will make his life complete- and incomplete at the same time.

 

 

Song Mino- the new YG trainee that was scouted via private auditions. The former BoM member, the English speaking dude on The Ultimate Kpop Survival, is now standing in front of him. A hand clasped tightly on the pocket of his sweatpants and is smiling nervously in front of him. The brisk beat of his heart ravels again- he can only feel it when their monthly evaluation is approaching.

 

 

To break the awkward barrier between them and the new trainee, Jinwoo- being the mat hyung in their team, started planning on how their members and Mino can be close to them. He takes the initiative to invite Mino and eat dinner with them. He’s also the one that talks the most to him. The new trainee started to loosen up and felt the members’ sincerity towards him. And since he talks the most to the oldest trainee, he becomes close to the guy.

 

 

Jinwoo is just thinking that those moves can help them to become closer with Mino but he didn’t expect that it will be the way for him to fall deeper for the tan-skinned rapper.

 

 

Jinwoo knows that everything’s a mistake. It’s wrong to fall for someone who shares the gender with him. It’s wrong to fall with your team member. It’s wrong in so many ways. He can already feel the public scrutinizing him once they’ve find this out. He can already sense his family disowning him because of his preference. The worst thing is that he can already feel the pain once he confess and Mino rejects him because that guy is as straight as his black hair strands.

 

 

Everything became out of place since then. He can no longer focus to their choreography once Mino enters the practice room. His voice gets lost everytime he’ll see the guy’s shadow inside the recording room. His body stiffens when they’re sitting together inside the car. His body starts to give in when they’re too close and alone together but his mind says it’s wrong.

 

 

And he starts to distant himself from the guy. Jinwoo no longer sits beside Mino during mealtime. He never talks too much with him-except when it’s related to music. He’s now sitting beside Seungyoon when they’re travelling and not with Mino. He’s now relieved that everything’s going back to normal but his feelings are not fading away and it stresses him out even more.

 

 

The rapper started to realize the changes with Jinwoo and his mind is bugging him with endless thoughts. Has he done something that hurts the feelings of the mat hyung? Has he become too clingy that it annoys the deer guy? He wanted to answer those questions but one thing’s for sure- he’s falling in love with Jinwoo.

 

 

Once he gathered enough courage and confidence, Mino looks for Jinwoo inside their dorm but unfortunately, he didn’t see him. He remembers the rooftop- the place where he sees the oldest guy sitting alone while watching the sunrise.

 

 

He fastens his steps to the rooftop. Upon reaching the place, he saw the guy who has been living in his heart and mind for months already. But what he saw just break his heart into million pieces.

 

 

Jinwoo is lying on the cemented floor- right hand clutching a knife full of blood. He comes closer to the guy and he sees blood dripping nonstop from his chest going down the cold floor. Tears started to flow on his cheeks as he picked the lifeless body, eyes tightly closed and skin paler than usual. His lips still pink and plump but slowly fading to a lighter hue. Mino’s tears started dripping  to Jinwoo’s face as he clutched tighter to his hyung’s arms. He then saw a little note resting on Jinwoo’s left hand. He took the paper hesitantly, still believing that someone killed Jinwoo and he didn’t commit suicide.

 

 

“Mino,

 

Is love a tender thing? It is too rough.

Too rude, too boisterous, and it pricks like thorn.

I said, ‘I love you like the stars above, I’ll love you till I die’

When are you going to realize

It was just the time was wrong.

These violent delights

Have violent ends.

 

Jinwoo”

 

 

Mino cried bitterly. How can he not realize that? How can be became naïve about Jinwoo’s feelings towards him? How everything ends like this?

 

 

After an hour of crying, Mino can no longer shed a tear because he already shed it nonstop. He looked at the knife that Jinwoo was holding to and grab it. He looked at the setting sun before looking back at Jinwoo’s lovely face. He smiled miserably as he looked back at his shared moments with him.

 

 

“This is thy sheath

There rust and let me die.”

 

 

Mino stabbed himself and plopped on top of Jinwoo. He hugged Jinwoo as he felt the pain and he saw darkness starting to prevail. He caressed Jinwoo’s face and weakly whispered:

 

 

“I never saw true beauty, till this night.”

 

 

His eyes closed and he felt nothing.