Passengers

You and Me

My fave real-life couple Ned and Ariel were challenged to be locked in their house without internet and the like for days and I found it too cute so I decided to write something like that with my fave otp.

 

I posted this before I go back to Baguio for my oath taking- which will happen in a few hours...  ^^

 


 

One night after his practice for The Little Prince, Jinwoo went back to the dorm but the silent atmosphere tensed him a bit. He knows that Mino was left since Seungyoon is recording for his variety show and Seunghoon went to meet a friend.

 

“Maybe he went out for fresh air.”

 

He sighed as he put down his bag and took off his shoes. As he was about to enter his room, he heard strange sounds inside and his body tensed up again. Jinwoo carefully opened the door and he saw Mino whose busy playing with his phone.

 

“I should say this to Seungyoon so that you will stop playing games too much.”

 

Jinwoo’s voice shocked Mino and the latter quickly put his phone in his pocket.

 

“You’re here hyung.”

 

“I am and I was expecting a warm hug or a kiss when I come home from practice but you disappointed me Mino-ya.”

 

Mino was about to hug Jinwoo when the latter pushed him from his room and locked the door. He’s been busy playing games after getting some time off from schedules that he didn’t even got the chance to be clingy on his hyung and maybe that’s the reason why Jinwoo was disappointed. He was about to sit on the couch when he heard laughter and he saw Seunghoon laughing at him.

 

“Someone’s not getting laid tonight.”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Wait, you’re not getting laid for almost a month. Wow Song Mino, just WOW~! I should’ve introduced that game to you way back then, we suffered for months~!!”

 

“And it’s not good hyung. He’s mad at me now~!”

 

“I understand Jinwoo-hyung though. You’re always on your phone and when we’re at work you’re always on the computer working. I cannot remember the last time you were lovey dovey in front of me and Seungyoon. Fortunately he’s busy practicing contemporary dance.”

 

“But I’m also getting mad at him though. When he’s here, he’s always on his laptop and locks himself inside his room. How can I even have my time with him?”

 

“You gave me a great idea Mino-ya.”

 

“What idea hyung?”

 

Seunghoon didn’t say anything, he just smiled and Mino hopes his hyung will not do anything wrong.

 

 

“Give me your phones and all sorts of gadgets to me.”

 

Jinwoo and Mino were shocked to hear a command from Seunghoon. They just got out from their respective rooms to eat breakfast. What shocked them more is that Seunghoon is handling a small vault.

 

“What craziness is this Lee Seunghoon?”

 

“This is not craziness Jinwoo-hyung. Your babe complained that he can’t have you because you’re always looking at your phone or laptop.”

 

Mino received a death glare from Jinwoo- a glare he’ll only see when Jinwoo’s about to break loose or when he’s planning something dirty and Mino knows it’s not the latter.

 

“I should say that it’s Mino who’s always on his phone like every dang day and night Lee Seunghoon~!”

 

“Don’t worry hyung. I already told Mino about it and since both of you are wrong, it’s fair to play this game with the two of you.”

 

“And what are the rules Seunghoon-hyung?”

 

“I left the note on the table. So better give all your gadgets so that I can lock this vault and I need to go home in Busan~!”

 

After Mino and Jinwoo put their phones and other gadgets in the vault, Seunghoon searched for the remote controls of their tvs.

 

“Hey! Why are you putting those as well?”

 

“Part of the rule. Now, it’s time to lock this vault and leave you lovers here. Adios~!!”

 

The two were left dumbfounded but were shocked when they heard the door being padlocked. Jinwoo quickly went and knocked on the door.

 

“Seunghoon-ah, why did you lock us here? Seunghoon-ah~!”

 

The guy left with no response so Jinwoo remembered the list of rules on the table. Mino followed suit and both read the list:

  1. No cellphones or any other type of gadgets that you can use to communicate outside.
  2. Watching tv is also not allowed.
  3. If you’re bored, go read some books or mangas.
  4. If you want some music, you can turn the record player on- the disks are inside the cabinet.
  5. If you’re bored from doing any of those mentioned, go do some chores.
  6. And if you’re really bored from doing anything listed above, talk with each other.

See you on Monday~!  -Seunghoon

 

“Seunghoon will be so dead to me on Monday, he better prepare his grave.”

 

“I will get my revenge on Seunghoon-hyung after this.”

 

“But how about Seungyoon? What if he doesn’t know what’s happening?”

 

Jinwoo flipped the note and read another message.

 

“If you’re worrying about Seungyoon, don’t worry. He knows this and he’s shooting Flower Crew for two days.  ;)”

 

“I can’t believe this is happening. This is all your fault.”

 

“Why only me hyung? You’re also in this.”

 

Jinwoo stomped his way and nestled on the couch while Mino went to the fridge to look for something they can eat. He pulled a tray of eggs and kimchi out and went to the kitchen to cook rice. After mixing rice, kimchi, and eggs on a pan, Mino placed their meal on the table and waited for Jinwoo as his hyung busied himself staring at the window. He wanted to take a photo of him but remembered he didn’t have his phone. A few minutes passed, Jinwoo stood up and eat. Mino is thinking of ways to talk with his hyung- he cannot let the weekend pass without them getting back together and he’s kinda thankful to Seunghoon for having this idea.

 

“Hyung, how’s the practice going?”

 

Jinwoo stopped stuffing his mouth with rice as he stared at Mino- debating whether he’ll answer properly or sarcastically.

 

“It’s doing pretty good. We’re just rehearsing all day to perfect the performance. I will blame myself if we ever fail during the live show.”

 

“Don’t say that hyung. I know you will do great, just don’t let any negativity enter your mind or it will affect your dance.”

 

“I know. It just pressures me a little. Being the first idol that will step on their stage is already a huge factor for me, I don’t want to mess it up.”

 

“We know you can do that- I believe you will.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Jinwoo smiled for the first time that day on him. Mino took that sign as their reconciliation. This plan is not bad at all.

 

“I’m just wondering what we’re going to do here for two days without internet or any gadgets.”

 

Mino stared at Jinwoo and gave his hyung a wicked smile that made the latter confused.

 

“We need to catch up with some stuff you know, like doing some chores and doing you.”

 

“Song Mino~!”

 

Jinwoo gave him a smack on the arm. He tried to look pissed off but the blushing of his face says otherwise.

 

“What? It’s been a month though.”

 

“I need to practice.”

 

“You can do that and I can be your viewer. After that you’ll see and experience how I dig my buddy inside your cave.”

 

The heavy atmosphere vanished and laughter can only be heard in their dorm.

 

Two hours passed…

 

After washing the dishes, silence enveloped the room again. Mino was sitting on the couch while reading some manga and Jinwoo was walking slowly. Mino took a glance from his hyung and realized that maybe he’s practicing his dance- and he wanted to help so Mino put down his manga and watched his hyung dance in front of him. Jinwoo on the other hand, sensed that someone’s watching over so he moved as if he’s really performing on stage. Jinwoo was enjoying Mino’s stare that he didn’t notice the wall and bumped himself on it, falling flatly on the floor. Mino quickly stood up and helped his hyung to stand up again.

 

“Be careful next time hyung, you really want to impress me huh?”

 

“I’m not impressing you Mino-ya, I just want to do my best.”

 

“Don’t lie hyung, you’re enjoying the way I look at you while you’re dancing.”

 

“Alright alright, I know you’re staring at me. I know you’re giving me that ert look that’s why I moved better.”

 

“ert look? What do you mean?”

 

“You don’t know you stared like a ert? With your eyes scanning me up and down- but you’ll stare at my most of the time- while biting your lip is giving me the ert look. I feel like you will attack me anytime.”

 

“You got my message hyung and I’ll make sure that will happen later.”

 

“Before you do something inappropriate to my body, can you just watch me and maybe give an advice on my steps?”

 

“You know I don’t do contemporary dance.”

 

“Me as well. You just have to think that I’m practicing our usual dance steps then give me advice on how to improve it- just like how you did before.”

 

Jinwoo stood up again as Mino went back to his seat, watching Jinwoo’s every move. He’s halfway through when Mino stopped him.

 

“Hyung, the last part seemed too stiff for me.”

 

“It is?”

 

“Yeah, I feel like your movements were not the same as when you’re starting- as if you’re deliberating on the step.”

 

“I just learned this step yesterday.”

 

“I see. Now do that step again but this time do not overthink of it. Move freely, act like no one’s watching you.”

 

Mino went back to his seat and watched as Jinwoo stepped slowly and his hands carefully wandered in the wind. His expression was like he’s a curious child in a new world and Mino was marveled. Jinwoo’s expression is of one the reason why he fell for the mat hyung- his twinkling eyes are enough to convey his feelings along with his moving face. He stayed on the couch all day as Jinwoo practiced the entire dance in front of him, not realizing the fading sun on their windows.

 

It’s been half a day since Seunghoon left them and the duo’s stomachs started to growl since they didn’t take their lunch. Jinwoo’s body hurts a little from practicing too much and Mino guided him to lay down on the couch while he prepared their dinner. Luckily, Seunghoon bought enough food supply for the weekend.

 

“Seunghoon-hyung really planned this meticulously, huh? He even stored so much food inside the fridge so that we will never get hungry here.”

 

“Just how much he wanted us to reconcile again because of a phone that he locked us here with no internet or whatsoever modern gadget that can entertain us.”

 

“Hyung has been bugging me these past few days because of a movie trailer he watched, maybe this was inspired by that trailer?”

 

“I think so, but I hope Seunghoon stored ramen and ice cream for us- I’ve been craving for days already.”

 

“We have, so lay down there while I prepare our meal.”

 

“But I want to help…”

 

“You need to rest hyung. You will perform in front of a wide audience very soon, store your energy on that and store some for our activity later.”

 

Mino winked at his hyung and the latter can’t help but to blush and hid his face on the pillows. He missed this scene- Mino cooking while he watched over him or wait until it’s prepared on the table. Mino’s busy schedule and his practice for The Little Prince are the reasons why they cannot have their moment alone and when they have the chance, they’re just stuck on their phones and laptops. Jinwoo wanted to hug Seunghoon and thank him for this chance to be with Mino- without the disturbance of anything.

 

The couple was silent the entire meal as they devoured their ramen like crazy because they didn’t had lunch due to Jinwoo’s practice. After eating, Mino washed the dishes as Jinwoo prepared their bowls and took out the ice cream in their freezer. He thought that it will be better to eat their dessert outside so he opened the windows to their balcony and set everything on the table. When Mino was done, he was shocked on what he saw but his heart skipped a beat on the romantic move his lover prepared.

 

“So you call this a date Jinwoo-ya?”

 

“I tried finding candles and flowers to add on the table but ice cream is more important.”

 

“You’re right.”

 

“Where are you going Mino-ya?”

 

“I’ll just play a music.”

 

Mino searched for the record table that he’s been hiding inside his room and a bunch of CDs. After finding it, he set it on the table in their living room and the sound of music resonated in their dorm- making Jinwoo smile as Mino returned to him and sat on a chair.

 

“I almost forgot you have that record player Mino-ya.”

 

“Me too, I just remember it since we don’t have a phone to play any music so might as well use it. Now I know why I bought it before.”

 

The soothing old classic was playing and the couple savored every beat they hear. It reminds them of the days when they’re busy doing music in the studio, drowning their ears with every beat they create and write lyrics from it.

 

“I realized that it made me miss what we’re doing and the reason why we’re here.”

 

“After our schedules, we must promise to each other that we will go back to that time.”

 

“I’m looking forward to it.”

 

They spend their first night talking- random catch up on their lives and schedules. Jinwoo realized that a few days after The Little Prince, Mino will go back to China and continue shooting his new variety show but Mino promised that he’ll look for him the moment he returned to Seoul and asked him on a date to make up with his future absence. After finishing up their ice cream, Mino put the bowls on the sink but when he came back Jinwoo was fast asleep. Mino understood that his hyung is tired from dancing all day; his desire can wait till tomorrow. He carefully carried Jinwoo to his room and placed him on his bed. Mino took a quick shower then he cuddled Jinwoo in their cozy blanket.

 

The following day…

 

Mino woke up without Jinwoo by his side. He quickly got up from his bed to look for his hyung but realized that they’re locked inside and there’s no way he can get out. The aromatic smell of pancakes made Mino go out of his room and there’s Jinwoo flipping a pancake like an expert. Mino hugged Jinwoo by the waist, watching as his hyung pour the batter on the pan.

 

“Why did you wake up so early hyung?”

 

“You took care of me yesterday, now it’s my turn. And today, I will not practice my dance. I want this day to be perfect- only you and me.”

 

“Sweet~ Is this your way of saying sorry since you fell asleep last night?”

 

“Uhm, yeah? I’m just so tired yesterday and my muscles were in pain.”

 

“Are you okay now?”

 

“Yeah, see I can flip this easily? So sit down while I prepare everything.”

 

Mino sat on their dining area as he waited for Jinwoo to finish cooking. Looking at Jinwoo’s busy back, Mino thought that he wanted to see this every morning, it may be repetitive and annoying to some but he wants nothing but his hyung- with him in one house, preparing their meals as they talk about nothing while their feet are playing under the table. Mino’s thoughts were stopped when he smelled the pancakes on the table and Jinwoo pulled a tub of ice cream.

 

“We also need to make a promise that we will go to the gym and lose some fat.”

 

“I love you chubby cheeks Mino-ya so I don’t care.”

 

“Let’s eat then.”

 

They never thought that the weekend will happen so fast. Seunghoon will come back from Busan tomorrow morning and he will be pleased to know that they’re already in good terms now. Spending time without internet is really not bad at all.

 

“It that we only have two days.”

 

“And tomorrow, we will go back to our usual routines. You will leave for practice while I stay here and play with Seunghoon-hyung all day.”

 

“Just don’t play too much. You know that’s the reason why Seungyoon stopped me to play games.”

 

“You know we’re just unwinding hyung.”

 

Jinwoo washed the dishes after breakfast and Mino sat on the sink, still talking about anything that will pop in their minds.

 

“I wonder if someone’s texting us right now, asking where in the world are we as we cannot reply on their messages. What does the outside world looks like now? Does the color of the leaves changed already or is it still the same?”

 

“You really miss going outside Mino-ya?”

 

“Not that much. When I have nothing to do here, I’ll just go out and meet Jihoon.”

 

“Do you miss them?”

 

“A bit, but I miss you more than you could think.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Maybe I’m just so used of seeing you here in our dorm when we don’t have work to do that we you started to work and practice I feel like this place is empty, this place feels different without you.”

 

“Remember when you said you miss us while you shoot your music video? I feel the same everytime I go out. But the loneliness started to diminish since I got to know my co-dancers better. We talked more unlike the first time.”

 

“When I go there, I would like to thank them for taking care of you. But for now, I want to take care of you. Dress fancy for tonight?”

 

“What are you planning Mr. Song?”

 

“Something romantic for us.”

 

Jinwoo was clueless on what will happen but he found it cheesy.

 

To kill some time before their romantic date, Mino and Jinwoo decided to clean their dorm so that their members will be happy to come home on a clean and pleasant house. They changed the bedsheets, curtains, and pillowcases, cleaned a few trash, wiped the dust, and fixed the cabinets. They also cleaned the bathroom, the living room, and lastly the kitchen. It’s passed lunch when they finished cleaning and Mino cooked pork for lunch. After eating, they sat on the couch to read books that they never thought they have. Jinwoo was reading silently when a foot slowly made its way to his- attempting to play with it. jinwoo glared at Mino and he stopped, letting his hyung continue reading that didn’t lasted for a minute as his foot wandered again, this time settling on his legs. Jinwoo placed the book on the table and decided to play with Mino.

 

“Your foot is travelling a bit further.”

 

“Just like you to know that my foot will travel to a much higher place tonight- in case you forget.”

 

“I’ll never forget it but can your playful foot just wait till tonight?”

 

“I’m getting impatient, you know? It’s been a month since I last wandered in your marvelous cave, I can’t wait to travel again in there- but I’ll go deeper.”

 

“You can do whatever you want, just make sure you’ll impress me with your romantic date this evening.”

 

“I sure will.”

 

It’s already 6pm when Jinwoo decided to take a shower while Mino started cooking for their dinner. Mino pulled the steak from the fridge, added spices on it and cooked to Jinwoo’s preference- which is medium rare. He set the table near the balcony and lighted the candles. Mino also prepared the record player. When everything’s set, he took a quick shower and wore his best suit and tie. Mino then knocked on Jinwoo’s room and he was shocked to see his hyung looking so good for the night, wearing a blue polo and checkered suit- adorned with a red flower buttoned on his collar.

 

“Hyung… you’re stunning.”

 

Mino’s comment sent a faint blush on Jinwoo’s cheeks. Mino offered his hand and the two made their way to the balcony that’s well-prepared for the evening. Jinwoo sat on the chair as he let Mino lit the candles and went to the kitchen to set their meal on the table. The hyung was more than impressed with Mino’s efforts, his smile never fading since he got out of his room.

 

“You know how to make me happy Mino-ya.”

 

“You know I’ll do everything to make you happy. Now let’s enjoy our food before the cookies get baked.”

 

“You also baked? How sweet~!”

 

“Let’s end the weekend with a few pounds, cheers~!”

 

After eating, Mino took the cookies out the oven and pulled a tub of ice cream and placed it on the table. Mino placed the cookies on each other’s plates and put a scoop of ice cream on top of those.

 

“It’s a pity that we only have two days.”

 

“Don’t worry hyung, I’ll make sure this will happen again.”

 

“Without any phones or sort?”

 

“Maybe?”

 

“Can we just at least have our phones the next time? I’m sad that I cannot take pictures of these.”

 

“But we can take a picture- with this.”

 

Mino pulled out a polaroid camera, making Jinwoo surprised.

 

“When did you have this?”

 

“I remember my dad placing this on my bag when I moved here. He told me I might use this and I think this is the right time to have it.”

 

The camera flashed that made Jinwoo gasped; realizing Mino took a photo of him. A paper came out from the camera and with a few flips an image appeared.

 

“Impressive~!”

 

“For someone who mistakenly said inner room instead of closet, I thought you know this kind of old stuff.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Come here and we’ll take a photo together.”

 

Jinwoo stood up from his seat and sat on Mino’s lap as the latter positioned the camera in front of them.

 

“One, two, three, smile~!”

 

Mino’s smile just got wider when Jinwoo kissed his cheek the same time the camera flashed. They waited for seconds when the paper went out and an image was produced a bit later. They both smiled, seeing their couple photo. Then Mino stood up and went to the living room, leaving Jinwoo confused. Then a romantic music started playing and Mino went back on him, asking for his hand that he gladly gave in.

 

“Shall we dance?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Mino’s other hand rested on Jinwoo’s waist and the latter’s unoccupied hand found its way on Mino’s nape, swaying as the music continued playing from the record player. Mino rested his forehead on Jinwoo’s and both enjoyed this moment, wishing for the night to stop.

 

The next day…

 

Mino and Jinwoo woke up late as they stayed all night dancing to every song they have on the disk but Jinwoo woke up first, thinking to get a shower to refresh his body. He went out of the bathroom and Mino is still sleeping so he wore a bathrobe and headed to the kitchen to prepare their coffee. An hour later and Seunghoon will be back from Busan, with the code that can unlock the vault where their phones were tightly kept in. He actually didn’t miss any of his gadgets as Mino was with him the entire weekend. He realized that personal communication is still better than text messages or video calls. He then remembered one activity that they forgot to do last night since they’re tired from dancing. Jinwoo smirked mischievously.

 

For the second time that morning, Mino woke up without Jinwoo cuddled beside him. He thought Jinwoo was preparing breakfast but the door to his room opened, revealing a dishelved-hair Jinwoo wearing a bathrobe. Mino wondered if he’s wearing something underneath it or not and the thought intensified his desires. They were too sleepy last night that they forgot to do it.

 

“You want coffee or tea or…”

 

“Or what?”

 

“Me?”

 

Jinwoo shyly asked Mino as he slowly untangled the robe, revealing his body on Mino whose eyes sparkled with lust as he saw his hyung getting in front of him.

 

“I thought you forgot.”

 

Mino quickly pulled Jinwoo on him and the hindering robe off his hyung’s body, sealing their lips with a kiss as Mino hovered on top of him.

 

 

Seunghoon unlocked the door of their dorm and was surprised that their place was strangely quiet. He was about to knock on Mino’s door when he heard familiar sounds coming from the inside. Realizing what the sounds were all about, he entered in his room to rest for a bit- putting an ear muffs on his ears as the familiar sound became louder.