Distance

You and Me

AND YES, I'M BACK~~  XDD

 

after three months, I'm still alive (and I still know how to write)  XD

 

the most difficult exam of my life is over, and do not ask what happened because I also don't know...  XD  but one thing's for sure- my head hurt so bad and it still hurts until now...  TT.TT

 

I'll try to make up by writing more OS... and this is actually my annual fic for Jinwoo's birthday, so yeah happy belated birthday my bes~!! while he's having a great time celebrating, I was having a hard time reading the questions and avoiding not to overshade the answer sheet..  XDDD

 


 

“Happy birthday Jinwoo-hyung~!”

 

I was catching up on the latest episode of Moonlight Drawn by Clouds when three tall guys barged in my room, with Taehyun holding a cake and the Busan boys with some wrapped boxes to what I think are their gifts for me.

 

“I told you not to buy me anything for my birthday.”

 

“It’s your birthday hyung and buying you a present is as mandatory as feeding Haute.”

 

“Thank you but you don’t have to do this. We’re all busy.”

 

“Busy doing what? We’re always in the dungeon anyways doing music.”

 

“Taehyunnie~~”

 

“I’m just saying the truth Seungyoon-hyung.”

 

“Before you two ruin this perfect celebration, it’s time for hyung to make a wish and blow the candles.”

 

I closed my eyes and to be honest, I have a ton of wishes. Apart from our comeback, I also wish for the presence of someone who’s not with us at the moment.

 

“Be realistic Jinwoo-hyung.”

 

After the wish, I blew my candles and we spent the rest of the night eating and talking- somehow forgetting his absence for a while.

 

It was past 3am when we decided to sleep and I entered my room to pick up my phone that I left to celebrate with my members in the dining room. There’re tons of birthday messages from my family to my friends to my HMF kids and even to some staff that we’ve worked with before. But the last message sent to me was the most meaningful and special.

 

“Happy birthday Mi Amore~! I’m sorry I was not there to celebrate with you. I hope the members surprised you (to which I know they did) but I also hope you didn’t cry as I’m not there to hug you and wipe the tears off your beautiful face. It’s the first time that I was not there on your special day but I promised that I’ll be there on your day next year and even until you celebrate your last birthday. Let’s spend the rest of our lives making music and loving each other~ ^^ I love you so much Jinu-sang~”

 

The message brought tears to my eyes. He’s not here to wipe these tears off.

 

“I miss you so bad…”

 

 

8pm

 

I’m here in Japan touring with my dongsaengs as a guest performer. I miss my members so much, and this day gets even worse because today’s my Jinwoo’s birthday and I’m not there to surprise him and put icing on his precious face. I miss them so bad since I’ve been busy working on my solo and the sub-unit.

 

After the concert, I entered the dressing room to check if Jinwoo-hyung replied to my message and it seems like he just read it. I bet he’s sad and mad at the same time ‘cause I was not there with him. I was just hoping for a simple “thank you Mino-yah” with heart and kiss emojis but it also didn’t happen.

 

Minutes passed and some staff entered while holding a cake. I quickly understood why and sang along with them. I became Jinwoo-hyung’s proxy and received the cake.

 

“Wait, I’ll call Jinwoo-hyung to let him know about this.”

 

“That would be great Mino-yah.”

 

I picked my phone and quickly dialed his number but after a series of rings, Jinwoo-hyung didn’t answer. My mood changed but I need to hide it because I don’t want to see the staff lonely as well.

 

“I think they’re busy in the studio right now so I’ll just send him a telepathic message.”

 

I quickly send Jinwoo-hyung my telepathic message and the staff can’t help but to laugh and take a picture of it. They also shot a picture of me holding a cake in different positions. I also uploaded a selca with his cake on my IG, hoping that he’ll see it and he’ll finally call me…

 

To which happened a few minutes later…

 

Seeing his face popped up as a caller makes my heart beat so badly. It’s still the same; my heart still beats for him rapidly even if it’s just a call, a text, or just him looking at me with those sparkling big eyes.

 

“Jinwoo-hyung?”

 

“Mino-yah?”

 

“I thought you’re mad.”

 

“I’m not, I was just sad.”

 

“I’m sorry that I couldn’t be there on your special day. It kinda .”

 

“I know…”

 

I can see the sadness that’s mirroring in his eyes. I wish I can teleport to wherever he is right now and give him a very tight hug and a deep kiss.

 

“But, something funny happened here.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Seungyoon gave another not-so surprise greeting to me along with our managers.”

 

“Not-so surprise greeting?”

 

“Yeah. I can hear Seungyoon talking to our manager about the candles and I saw a glimpse of the light inside the studio. I even closed the lights so that the effects will be good-somehow.”

 

“Kang Seungyoon sometimes does not think with his forehead.”

 

“And sometimes you think without using your brain.”

 

“Aish, you’re still mad at me. I even said I love you on my IG post.”

 

“At least say it personally, not just on social media.”

 

“I love you.”

 

Three words. Those three words that can stop the spinning of the Earth and can fasten a beat of someone’s heart. I will never get tired of saying those words on him again and again.

 

The line was silent for a few seconds and it got me worried.

 

“Jinwoo-hyung?”

 

“I love you too.”

 

Those three words made my heart flutter and will never stop doing it. I was overwhelmed with happiness but it could’ve been happier if I hear those words face to face.

 

“I wish to hear those words from you personally.”

 

“And I also wish to hear you greet me personally so get your back in here tomorrow.”

 

“Aye aye Captain~!”

 

“I love you Mino-yah…”

 

“I love you too Jinu-sang. Happy birthday~~”

 

Distance is just a hindrance for a strong relationship but do not let that ruin you. You may be not together today but in the end if you’re meant to be with each other until the very end, you will be together.