Healing

You and Me

ORIGINAL TITLE: HEAL ME

 

http://imjameetsyongin.livejournal.com/12050.html

 

It's been ages since I last wrote a fic and I apologize because I became busy with school and I will apologize once more because this will be my last fic.. I'll be busy with school next year and I will prepare for my upcoming board exam as well.. I don't know when will be my next story, so once again, I AM SORRY~~  TT.TT

 

The prompt was given by Dee and yes this has been posted for the SongKim Ficfest..  /such a trash for re-posting this again/  I thank Dee for coming up with a prompt like this cause I'm interested with psychological stuff and I almost took Psychology in College..  ^^

I'm still confused with the CBT thing so I didin't finished it that fast, but I found the light when we encountered it during our Guidance and Counseling subject.. CBT (Cognitive Behavior/al Therapy) includes one-on-one or group sessions with a psychologist. In every session, they will take you to your problem and they will help you analyze the reason and its solution in a procedural manner.. It will help a person to build a stronger mental foundation and made him realize problems are part of our lives but instead of living on it, we must find ways on how to resolve it.

 

So this is it~!! Thank you for supporting my stories and I'm looking forward to write again soon~~!!  ^^

 


 

"Love is infectious and the greatest healing energy."

-Sai Baba

 

“Mr. Song, the doctor is waiting for you.”

 

The conversation I’m making with someone was interrupted when the nurse called my name for my weekly therapy. It’s been a month since I started visiting a doctor that specializes on healing people’s mind and for the first time, I saw a man sitting on the waiting area. As a social bee as I am, I went closer to him and asked random questions.

 

“Is it your first time here?”

 

“Are you visiting someone or you’re here for a check-up?”

 

“Can you talk?”

 

I was asking him for times but this guy doesn’t seem to notice my voice or even my presence. He’s just glued to his seat while staring blankly on God knows what. But I have to be honest, his big sparkling eyes are captivating that I lost control of my mouth and heart.

 

“I need to go, I’m Mino by the way.”

 

I gave him my charming smile that no one can resist but to smile back but surprisingly, he didn’t respond. I looked defeated, he’s like a CCG and my confidence went downhill. I stood up and left him there again, hoping to see him again next week.

 

 

 

 

“This place looks haunted~!”

 

It was my first reaction when I entered this hospital. It maybe looks so clean but it also delivers a weird feeling to me- a feeling that’s related to death. I went to the third floor of the building and saw an empty waiting area, thank you~! I sat there awkwardly, waiting for the nurse to call my name as I set a schedule to a doctor days before I went here. I stared at the surroundings and somehow I felt peace away from the buzzing people outside. I was on a daze when a presence suddenly appeared on my side and minutes later, that guy didn’t stop his mouth from asking me questions. I was a bit irritated but he got a very deep voice Adele can roll over and I cannot deny that it’s y. After a few minutes, the nurse from the other room went out and called his name cause he told me that he’s leaving. I stole a glance from him and I saw his smile- the smile that almost made me forgot even my name. I was about to smile but my mind told me not to- that he’s just a stranger and I’ve been taught long ago that I must not respond to any strangers.

 

“Mr. Song, so that’s his name?”

 

His name keeps on popping on my mind even until the nurse called me inside.

 

 

 

 

As I entered the room, I saw Dr. Ahn’s face smiling at me. He asked me to take my seat as we’re about the start the therapy. I visit this hospital once a week because of this.

 

I was depressed and devastated when my parents divorced, leaving me and my sister alone in our house. I was still young and studying at that time and I know nothing about household or even taking a job but I have to or me and my sister will die from hunger. I dropped out of school to work, all kinds of work- from being a janitor to a dishwasher to a fastfood store cashier, everything~! As I started to earn sufficient income for our needs, I went back to school and became a working student. I work by day and study at night. Maybe luck was on my side when my boss noticed my perseverance to study and offered me a scholarship. I was so thankful and promised to work and study harder. I was sleepless all those years but everything’s worth it when I graduated and my boss was kind enough to promote me from being a janitor to a regular office worker. Professional life might be tiresome but realizing that everyone loves your work will erase all your worries away. I was promoted again until I reached the position of being the boss’ secretary. And as I was being promoted, my income increased and our life became so much better. I was able to send my sister to a good university and she is now working as a designer in Paris. Everything is now okay, but actually it’s not.

 

Despite the life I have right now, there’re still times that I think about my parents and it saddens me a lot. I always sleep every night with a bottle of liquor on my hand and a full ashtray atop my bedside table. The loneliness I’m feeling grew for days with tons of workload that I have to finish. As I cannot express my problems to anyone, I’m often alone drinking and smoking. The worst thing happened when my sister saw me with a gun pointing on my head. I was thankful that she came or else I’ll be dead at that moment. We had an emotional talk and I slept that night crying on my sister’s arms.

 

She stayed a bit longer to see my progress and if I can be emotionally ready. She then advised me to seek for medical help.

 

“I don’t want to lose you, you’re the only family that I have.”

 

Her words motivated me and here I am now, sitting with the therapist on my front. I’m currently undergoing a CBT session and it will last for ten more weeks- as I’m now on my fourth visit. Dr. Ahn has been my therapist since I started and so far, I’m doing well. He’s a great doctor to be honest. Even though the beginning is quite difficult because it requires me to recall my problems in life, at the end of the day, Dr. Ahn is giving me enough advices and he’s trying to ease my problems by asking me to think of what should I do to be better and think of only positive thoughts.

 

The following sessions were great and I’m starting to forget all the reasons why I got depressed. I bought a planner to organize my work time and my days off. But to be honest, I still drink and smoke to calm my nerves and for me to sleep pretty fast. And today, that’s my goal- to stop doing vices. But..

 

“So Mr. Song, what’s the thing that bothers you right now?”

 

“There’s this guy..”

 

“And?”

 

“I just met him today in the waiting area. I tried talking to him but he didn’t respond.”

 

“Continue what you’re talking.”

 

“I saw him sitting the waiting area alone so I decided to talk to him. I asked him some questions but I think he’s not listening to me at all.”

 

“Did you say your name to him?”

 

“I said my name before I left him.”

 

“That’s it.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I’ll ask you a question: how do you meet new people?”

 

“I’ll come near them and ask them.”

 

“And what are you going to ask them?”

 

“Uhm.. their names?”

 

“Exactly. And then what’s next?”

 

“I’m going to say my name to them.”

 

“Very good Mino-yah. Now, do you realize something?”

 

The doctor was right. Maybe I should’ve introduced myself first and asked his name before asking him random questions.

 

“Yes Dr. Ahn. I should’ve introduced myself properly to him.”

 

“That’s right. Communication starts with an introduction, as well as writing news or a letter. If you’re interested with someone, speak and act to them in a formal manner. In that way, they will pique interest on you and they will talk to you back.”

 

“I got it now!”

 

“So what’s your goal for this week?”

 

“I’ll formally introduce myself to that guy and I promise you Dr. Ahn that he’ll talk to me.”

 

“I’m looking forward to that Mino-yah. Who knows, you may even get his phone number.”

 

Dr. Ahn winked at me and I know he’s trying to say something. I left the hospital with a blush printed on my face.

 

 

 

 

A few minutes after that Mr. Song left, a nurse came out and told me to enter a room. Upon entering, I saw a man wearing a white uniform. His smile eased my tension and I sat on the chair near his desk.

 

“Hello Mr. Kim, I’m Dr. Jin and I will be your therapist for this medication. So what’s the reason why you’re here?”

 

I hesitated at first. Should I tell him or not? But that’s the reason why I’m here, to cure something that can worsen in the future if I didn’t pay attention to it.

 

I started my long story. I’m from a wealthy family that runs one of the biggest businesses in South Korea. And as expected from living the rich life, I didn’t have the opportunity to go outside our mansion to play with some kids and get mud and dirt on my face. I was pampered-too much. My parents gave me everything just to make sure that I will not go outside. I just let them because I know they’re doing that because that’s the best for me.

 

The problem started when I reached adolescence. After finishing my primary school by home studying, my parents sent me to a regular middle school. Meeting students with different looks and personalities startled me and that’s the reason why I got bullied. There’re times that other students will lock me inside the storage room or they will say bad words to me. I didn’t say a word to my parents because I’m afraid that they will call me a “momma’s boy.” My parents didn’t suspect and they expected me to enjoy my school days-but they’re wrong. Somehow, I continued studying hard and I received awards. I graduated earning the top student spot.

 

When I reached college, students started to recognize my intelligence. I was grateful because no one’s bullying me. The feeling of being superior is so good that I abused it. The situation changed-I became the bully and I hurt my classmates. No one reported my doings to the dean because they think that I’m the best in the batch and they need me for academic reasons. There’re students that disliked my attitude, but there’re still who liked me because of my looks and ability.

 

In that case, I should’ve been used with socializing-but it didn’t happen. Despite what happened, I’m still awkward with people. I don’t talk with them and I’m usually alone reading a book. Instead of partying, I will just lock myself inside my room. I became aloof with people. When I started working for our company, I didn’t attend parties or gatherings. Whenever we will have a company meeting, I will just present my work and leave. I hate listening to other people’s opinions because for me, I must be the best and I don’t need other’s opinions and advices. I became a bigot, I never cared for others and just think of whatever that can make me happy. I never entertain other people in my life aside from my family but I also didn’t talk to them that much.

 

When I was appointed to be a project head, a lot of problems happened. I fought with some of my co-workers and they got fired-well, they cannot fire me because I’m the son’s owner of the company. Nobody wants to work with me because I just do whatever I wanted without listening to them. My parents heard about it and they worried for me and for the company’s future. They can never entrust the company to someone who has no sense of sociability and is boxed within himself. They advised me to seek for medical help because they’ve read the possible thing that can happen on me-and that includes me ruining my life, my future, and the others around me. I was mad at them because they don’t trust me as their son but then I started to reflect on it and I think it’s the best solution.

 

The doctor listened to my story. How come he can still keep his interest on such a long and nonsense story!

 

“I understand what you’ve been through based on what you told me Mr. Kim. You seemed to be developing an antisocial disorder. Thankfully your parents found out about this. Most of the cases that I’ve handled are already on terminal state and simple sessions like this can no longer cure them.”

 

“What should I do to stop this?”

 

“I will meet you once a week. Positive thoughts stimulate healthy living and you must keep that in mind. Remove all the negativity that you’re feeling in yourself and start thinking about good things. And also, I wanted you to accomplish a goal every week.”

 

“What goal are you talking about?”

 

“Is something bothering you today?”

 

“Uhm.. I met a guy awhile ago. I felt a bit guilty because I just ignored him while he’s talking to me.”

 

“We will start from there Jinwoo-yah. When you visit me next week, you should’ve apologized to that guy. And make sure you will not act rude in front of him. Smile to him and try not to say something negative. Always remember that you must be positive and learn how to interact with people with respect. Do you understand?”

 

“I understand. Thank you Dr. Jin!”

 

 

 

 

A week passed…

 

I was so happy this last week because my sister came to visit me and we hang out- just like the old times. We went shopping, play at the arcades and we ate like there’s no tomorrow and diet is not on her vocabulary. She asked about my therapy and I told her that it’s going well.

 

As I was sitting on the waiting area of the hospital, I saw a familiar silhouette coming. I almost forgot what I promised with Dr. Ahn last week and now is the time to make it happen. I looked at him and I almost melt when I saw his face forming a little smile.

 

“Hello?”

 

 

 

 

I was walking on the hall when I saw him again- the guy that I completely ignored last week and promised Dr. Jin to talk with. My heart started to beat so fast and my hands are sweating. I’m not used of initiating the conversation and this will be my first time in doing so. I slow down but when he looked at me, I knew that this is it!

 

“I can do this, Kim Jinwoo you can do this~!! WHOOH!”

 

“Hello?”

 

“Dang it, I hope he didn’t noticed that my voice trembled a bit.”

 

But what shocked me was when he stood up and bowed on my front.

 

“Hello, I’m Song Mino. I’m sorry about last week. Nice to meet you.”

 

He offered his hand for a handshake and I hesitantly took it. Well I didn’t regret my move because his hand is so big and smooth. I can hold that for the rest of my life, and what am I saying right now?

 

“I’m Kim Jinwoo, I’m also sorry for the way I acted last week. Nice meeting you as well.”

 

I was about to say something when the nurse appeared.

 

“Mr. Kim, you’re being called inside by Dr. Jin.”

 

“Okay. Thanks.”

 

“So you’re having a check-up here?”

 

Mino’s voice rang on my head and honestly it’s so deep and I wanted to talk to him more. This is strange because I never got interested with someone this fast. Maybe this therapy is doing well to me.

 

“I’m having a therapy here.”

 

I was about to ask him something when Dr. Jin appeared.

 

“Let’s go inside Mr. Kim.”

 

I bowed at Mino and I retracted my hand from him- I almost forgot that I’m still holding his hand. I was embarrassed a little and entered Dr. Jin’s office. When I took my seat, Dr. Jin is giving me this evil grin.

 

“So?”

 

“Dr. Jin, you’re honestly creeping me out. Why are you smiling like that?”

 

“I guess he’s that person you told me last week. You didn’t even tell me that it’s a guy, huh.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“No problem. So how’s the week? Did you accomplish your goal? But with what I witnessed minutes ago, I think you’ve accomplished it.”

 

Seriously, Dr. Jin is scaring the hell out of my soul!

 

“My week has been good. I started talking more to my family and to the persons working in our house. I also tried to eat with them and I liked it. Just this morning, I ate breakfast with my family while we’re talking about my therapy. No business talks, just the normal family conversation and I liked it so much. I can’t wait to eat with them again.”

 

“Going back to your mission that I gave you last week, how was it?”

 

Dr. Jin is a persistent one and I think he will never push that topic aside.

 

“Uhm, I accomplish my mission Dr. Jin. I talked to him and I even introduced myself to him.”

 

“And?”

 

“He’s actually weird. He apologized because I ignored him last week. I think I should be the one apologizing to him.”

 

“Did you apologize?”

 

“Yes I did.”

 

“Very good, Jinwoo-yah! To be honest, your case is not that worse. I told you that I’ve handled cases worse than this. Just remember what I told you- be nice to everyone. Do not let your anger or temper control you. Be positive and enjoy life. We only live once so we must enjoy every second that we’re here. Anything you want to accomplish for this week?”

 

I thought for awhile before answering. I still wanted to be careful with my actions and thoughts.

 

“Dr. Jin, I wanted to do this.”

 

“What is it?”

 

 

 

 

His hand is so soft..

 

I was walking to Dr. Ahn’s office while still thinking about his soft and delicate hands. How come a man like him has a hand as soft as cotton?

 

I was dreaming about those cotton hands that I didn’t noticed that I’m already inside Dr. Ahn’s office. I was staring blankly at the ceiling and didn’t notice Dr. Ahn’s hand waving at me.

 

“Hey Song Mino, are you earth?”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry Dr. Ahn. I was just..”

 

“Thinking about Mr. Kim?”

 

Did I saw his grinning smile? How did he found out Jinwoo, oh because he’s a doctor in this hospital. I’m such a pabo!

 

“Take a seat Mino-yah.”

 

“How did you know Jinwoo?”

 

“I saw you talking to him awhile ago.”
 

“You saw us?”

 

“Sorta? I think you’ve accomplish your goal for the week Mino-yah.”

 

“I did! I formally introduced myself to him and I got to know his name as well.”

 

“Seems like you’re very happy with it?”

 

“Am I too obvious?”

 

“You like him?”

 

I shouldn’t be shocked when he said those words to me. He’s a psychologist after all.

 

“I’m interested with him.”

 

“Good! Focusing your attention to something or someone helps in preventing depression, so I’m supporting you on whatever you like. It can help you to forget your past.”

 

“Thank you Dr. Ahn.”

 

“Past will always be a part of our lives. We cannot delete that permanently in our minds, we can remember it at times. Having a hobby or an inspiration can help us ease the pain that the past caused us. In that case, if we remember our past, we can only laugh it off and its impact on our feelings will vanish because we’re busy with something else- something that can make us happy.”

 

“You’re right Dr. Ahn. These past few years, I encapsulated myself with my miserable past. I have no inspiration to work because I have everything. I even started to realize that my work is no longer my passion. It was a rollercoaster ride of feelings for me but now I’m trying to recover back. I can already feel the happiness when I work because it makes me help to forget all the bad things.”

 

“Good to hear that. And I think you now need an inspiration- someone that can motivate you to do well at work, that can be your solace when you’re at your darkest moments, someone that you can love and that’s willing to love you back.”

 

“Can you help me Dr. Ahn?”

 

“I guess I know what you’re trying to tell me. I can do that for you.”

 

Dr. Ahn took out his phone and typed something that I didn’t read because it’s his privacy. After keeping his phone back to his pocket, he looked at me again with those mischievous eyes.

 

“Just wait for a week Song Mino, okay?”

 

I am clueless…

 

 

 

 

After a week…

 

 

I came to the hospital a bit early for my therapy. I actually have nothing to do and I finish what I need to do in our company. To my dismay, I’m just alone.

 

“Where is he?”

 

I only met him twice and I’m already not used of seeing him in this waiting area. Maybe because he’s the first person who talked to me on my first visit and maybe I miss his deep baritone voice and what am I thinking again?

 

“Kim Jinwoo?”

 

My heart skipped a beat when I heard the voice that I’ve been longing to hear for a week. I stood up and bowed at him.

 

“Hello, Song Mino-ssi.”

 

“Call me Mino.”

 

Mino? Uhm?

 

“If that’s what you want, then okay- Mino.”

 

“Can I just call you by your name?”

 

“Well, I’m okay with that.”

 

“Why did you came so early Jinwoo-yah?”

 

“I finished work early. Are you disappointed that I came earlier than you?”

 

Did I just saw his blushing face?

 

“That’s not it.”

 

Maybe I have to for a bit.

 

“Then why are you blushing?”

 

“Me?”

 

“No, me.”

 

“I’m not blushing.”

 

“You are.”

 

“The weather is cold that’s why.”

 

Even though he looks so manly, when I , he looked like a five-year old kid that saw his favorite food. For the first time in the history of my existence in this planet, someone finally piqued my interest!

 

I was about to ask him something when the nurse went out of Dr. Jin’s room.

 

“Mr. Kim, Dr. Jin has to attend a doctor’s meeting this afternoon. He cannot meet you today.”

 

“Is that so? Thank you then.”

 

When the nurse left, Mino suddenly tugged my arm and led me to the elevator.

 

“Where are we going Mino-yah? You’re supposed to meet your doctor.”

 

“He told me this morning that he’ll not see me today.”

 

“Then why did you still went here?”

 

“Because I wanted to know you more. Let’s go!”

 

 

 

 

I led Jinwoo to my car and we drove to a place where I feel connected to the society. When we reached the mall, Jinwoo gave me a confusing look.

 

“What are we doing here?”

 

“I told you already, I want to know you more.”

 

“Does it mean that you’re indirectly asking me for a date?”

 

This guy though. He’s been teasing me since we met.

 

“If that’s what you want to title this. Let’s go!”

 

I parked the car on the parking area and we entered the mall. It’s still afternoon so there’re still a lot of people inside. I looked at Jinwoo’s face and it seems like he’s a bit scared.

 

“Is everything okay?”

 

“I can handle it.”

 

He gave me an assuring smile-if this guy didn’t stop smiling like that, I would always want to see him smiling. I’m getting addicted to his smile!

 

We entered a cat café and I saw Jinwoo’s amazed face. His mouth formed a little ‘o’ as we sat down and we’re welcomed by a white Persian cat. Its fur is so fluffy and it has a pair of big blue eyes. Jinwoo scooped the cat in his arms and stared at them like how a father looks at his wife and children. He’s so beautiful like that!

 

We ordered some food and Jinwoo ordered too much. He looks skinny but how can he shove all those foods in his mouth without gaining a single pound? I ordered my favorite Iced Americano with a slice of chocolate cake while Jinwoo ordered a dark chocolate frappe, two pieces of carrot cupcake, and a slice of green tea cake. We ate in silence for awhile and then we started to talk.

 

“Jinwoo-yah?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can I ask why are you undergoing therapy?”

 

“I have an antisocial personality disorder. I don’t like crowded places and I hate talking to other people. It started when I was in middle school, I got bullied and it caused me to stay away from everyone. My parents suggested me to take therapy because I’m having problems while working in our company.”

 

“So..you don’t like going out?”

 

“I preferred staying inside our house. I actually hate the sunlight so I’m often locked inside my room or in my office.”

 

“That’s why you almost look like a vampire.”

 

“Do I look like one?”

 

“Yes. Snow White might be embarrassed when she sees you because your skin is paler than her.”

 

“I’m honestly delighted when we entered here.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I love cats and I have six of them at home.”

 

“Really? You’re so lucky to own cats!”

 

“Why are you so amazed? You do not own a cat?”

 

“As long as I wanted to but my allergy is the hindrance. I have allergy to animal fur”

 

“You can own cats that have no fur. I actually have two sphinxes in my house. My doctor told me to own some cats because they can relieve stress and fatigue.”

 

“I’ll try to adopt one.”

 

“By the way, I’ll ask the same question. Why are you visiting a psychologist?”

 

“I’m having a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with Dr. Ahn. Two omths ago, my sister found me with a gun pointing on my head.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I was depressed. Me and my sister went through a very rough childhood. Our parents left us after their divorce and I tried my best to work and survive. I worked everywhere here in Seoul and I was fortunate when my boss offered me scholarship. I did my best and now, we’re living the best life. Deep inside, I’m still in pain. I still remember my parents and what they’ve done to us. I drank alcohol and smoked to forget my problems until I blow up and I ended up almost killing myself.”

 

“I’m sorry to hear that. Is shouldn’t have asked you about it.”

 

“No it’s okay. I’m now okay and I’m starting to forget all the bad things in my past. My doctor told me to think only happy things.”

 

“That’s good to hear!”

 

For the first time, someone listened to my dramatic life! I really appreciate his efforts even though I can see him as an easy-to-get-bored person but he listened to whatever I shared to him and I can’t help but to stare at those lovely big eyes.

 

It’s past evening when we got out of the cat café. We enjoyed playing with some cats and we found out more about them. I almost screamed when Jinwoo told me that he wanted to visit again next week- OMYGOSH, there’s NEXT~!!

 

We went to a movie house. I wanted to watch Minions but when we saw the crowd, Jinwoo suddenly got stiff. I held his hand and he calmed down a little.

 

“If you don’t want to watch, let’s go somewhere else.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“I understand your situation. Where do you want to go?”

 

“Let’s buy some clothes.”

 

We entered some shops to buy. I thought Jinwoo is an exquisite man that loves suits and leather shoes but when we got inside, he picked some shirts, ripped jeans, long-sleeve shirts, and hoodies- this guy is so unpredictable! He went inside a cubicle to fit one of the clothes and when he came out, I involuntarily stood up.

 

He looks so perfect with the gray long-sleeve shirt. It’s long enough to cover his arms but his collarbones are showing. He has this milky, blemish-free skin and he looks so innocent and cute- different from his chic and snob aura when I first met him.

 

“Mino-yah, is this okay?”

 

“You’re so gorgeous.”

 

“What?”

 

“I mean, you look good in that. You must buy it.”

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Well then.”

 

We spend the night buying clothes and some random stuff. We went on a stuff toy shop and minutes later he gave me something- a little brown bear phone accessory.

 

“Here’s my gift for coming with me Mino-yah. Thank you.”

 

“You almost forgot that I’m the one who brought you here.”

 

“Oh yeah, I’m sorry. But thank you anyways.”

 

“It’s almost ten pm, you want to go home?”

 

“Really? Let’s go back to the hospital, I left my car there.”

 

“Let’s go.”

 

We left the mall with tons of shopping bags in our hands. My hand is still clutching on that cute bear accessory that he gave me. We drove back to the hospital with a mellow music playing on the background.

 

After fifteen minutes, we reached the hospital and his car. I went out to talk with him for the last time tonight.

 

“That was fun, thank you!”

 

“Thank you as well. I’ve never been inside a mall for that long. And I didn’t got bored. I hope we can do that again next week.”

 

There’s really a NEXT WEEK!

 

“Let’s do it again then. You need to enter now. It’s cold in here.”

 

“Let’s meet again next week.”

 

“We always meet every week Jinwoo-yah.”

 

“My bad. Thank you again. Go inside, the snow is falling.”

 

We looked up and it’s really snowing. The flakes are falling like little pieces of cold cotton. A snowflake fell on his face and I reached for my hand to get it.

 

“There’s something on your face.”

 

Is it weird or time just really slowed down? I picked up the flake from his face and I unexpectedly stared at his glowing eyes. My mind started to function on its own and I didn’t realize that I caressed his soft cheeks. My face inched closer to his- closer it went and the tips of our nose are touching. He closed his eyes and I tried to control myself from kissing him but his pink lips are inviting me to taste it. I was about to close our distance when we heard a slight cough from an unknown man. We distanced ourselves and we saw Dr. Ahn and Dr. Jin’s face that are looking at us mischievously.

 

“It’s bad for your health to stay outside for a long time.”

 

“Sorry Dr. Jin. We’re about to leave now. Thank you again Mino-yah. Take care!”

 

He ran his way to his car and I saw his face turning pink. When he left the hospital, the two doctors were grinning at me.

 

“So how’s your date?”

 

“I need to go now Dr. Ahn, it’s getting cold here.”

 

I quickly went to my car and drove away. It’s weird but I saw the two of them exchanging high fives.

 

“Did they plan this?”

 

 

 

 

Another week passed..

 

I entered the hospital with this stupid smile plastered on my face. Whatever happened last week felt like it just happened yesterday. And did me and Mino almost kissed? I was too engrossed looking at his handsome face that I didn’t noticed his face coming closer to mine. I thought I was just interested on him, but I think it now changed.

 

For now, I wanted to see him.

 

And I saw him. He’s sitting on the waiting area and when our glances met, he smiled at me. I sat beside him and we talked about nothing.

 

“You’re also going on therapy right? So do you also have to accomplish something every week?”

 

“Yes. Dr. Jin told me that it’s good to set some goals to improve my way of socializing.”

 

“Do you think it’s working?”

 

“I think so. How about you, are you also taking the same procedures?”

 

“Yes. So far, my goal since last month is the happiest.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I’m doing it not just because I’m forced to do so. I felt happiness with my previous goals that I completely forgot how miserable my past was.”

 

“Good to hear that!”

 

“How about you Jinwoo-yah? How’s your condition while taking this therapy?”

 

“For the first time in my life, I finally felt the essence of being happy with someone. Two days ago, we had our company dinner and I talked with my co-workers for the first time. I’m so happy because I’m starting to become a better professional and I can be with other people now.”

 

“I’m happy that we’re changing in a good way since we started this. So in celebration to your achievement, do you want to go somewhere after this?”

 

“Let’s visit the cat café again, please?”

 

I used my eyes to beg- the eyes that I use to get whatever I want and I think it’s also effective on Mino.

 

“Okay. I’ll wait for you here okay?”

 

“See you later!”

 

The nurse appeared and led me to Dr. Jin’s room. Upon entering his office, Dr. Jin gave me a naughty look.

 

“Go ahead and sit, you have to say a lot of things to me.”

 

I knew it!

 

“So what happened last week when I didn’t have the chance to see you because I’m on a meeting?”

 

“You didn’t text me that you cannot meet me last week.”

 

“Don’t change the topic Kim Jinwoo. Tell me, what happened?”

 

“I went to a mall for the first time since I don’t when the last was.”

 

“Alone?”


“Okay, Mino dragged me to the mall. I don’t like the idea at first because I hate going to crowded places. But my mood changed when we entered a cat café.”

 

“Why did your mood changed?”

 

“Because…”

 

“Because you’re with Mino.”

 

“What?”

 

“It’s pretty obvious. When you came here for the first time, you seemed to be mysterious and you just forced yourself to talk about your past. But these past few weeks it seems like your personality is changing. I can honestly say that you’re no longer an antisocial guy.”

 

“So I’m okay?”

 

“This therapy went faster than I expected. Maybe next week will be your last, I’m thankful that I became a part of your life.”

 

“Thank you so much Dr. Jin!”

 

“And you must also be thankful to me because I became a part of your lovelife.”

 

“What lovelife are you saying?”

 

“You like Mino right?”

 

“What??”

 

“I think you forgot that I’m a psychologist, your words towards Mino are quite normal but your actions tell otherwise. Song Mino healed you.”

 

I felt like sweating. This doctor can kill me anytime.

 

“You need someone to change your life for the better- based from what I’ve read. At the beginning of this therapy, I already sense what you need to heal Jinwoo-yah. And I’m lucky that Song Mino came.”

 

“What are you saying Dr. Jin?”

 

“You’re alone and no man is an island. You cannot live alone in this world alone. We all need someone that we can depend to, someone we need when we’re in trouble, someone that’s willing to love us for what we are, and someone we can love for the rest of our lives. You found that someone Jinwoo-yah.”

 

“I’ll tell you something.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I like him. I want to know him better. I want to be with him. I want him to stay by my side. I want him for myself. I never felt this to someone else but I don’t know if we’re on the same page. I’m afraid of rejections, I don’t want to be left alone again.”

 

“It will never happen, Jinwoo-yah.”

 

“You think so?”

 

“Trust me. And you have a week to see that.”

 

 

 

 

I entered Dr. Ahn’s room and as expected, his face is still the same.

 

“Can you please stop looking at me like that Dr. Ahn? I feel like I did something wrong.”

 

“Because you did one, Mino-yah.”

 

“What was that?”

 

“You almost kiss Jinwoo.”

 

“Why are you even reminding me of that?”

 

“Because I need to see your embarrassed face. I bet Jinwoo is also feeling the same on the other room.”

 

“I think you planned that.”

 

“And I think you enjoyed it, right?”

 

“What?”

 

“Just say yes, and we will proceed.”

 

“Okay, I enjoyed his company and yes I like him and yes I want to know him more.”

 

“I really like your honesty, Mino-yah. And yes, me and Dr. Jin planned that. How are you?”

 

“I changed Dr. Ahn.”

 

“In what way?”

 

“I’m a prison of my past. My sister already moved on with it while I’m still living in it. I almost forgot how to live normally- how to work with passion and be happy without thinking about my past. But this therapy healed me and I realized a lot of things. I can confidently say that I’m now okay, I moved on with my past, I will enjoy the present, and I will plan for my future in a right way. Thank you Dr. Ahn, thank you for healing me.”

 

“You should also thank Jinwoo for that. When I told you that you need someone to move on and when I saw you talking to Jinwoo for the first time, I knew it! He’s the one that you need. When I met you for the first time, you looked hopeless. But when you met him, your aura changed. You also started to dress well and what’s with that leather jacket you’re wearing? You’re just going here for your therapy. And what’s that thing on your phone let me see that.”

 

“No, I can’t!”

 

“Show it to me.”

 

Well, I gave up anyways and I handed my phone to him.

 

“For someone who has a manly face, I didn’t expect you to have a bear phone accessory.”

 

“He gave that to me last week.”

 

“No wonder you don’t want me to see that. Anyways, your last therapy will happen next week.”

 

“Next week? I still have two months.”

 

“I know but I can sense that you’re finally okay. You totally moved on and I know you can do well without my help now, Jinwoo will be by your side anyways.”

 

“But..he..”

 

“If you’re thinking that he doesn’t like you, then stop! If really not, then prove that to him. Make him fall in love with you. I know you can do it.”

 

“So I think..”

 

“Yes, it will be your last goal in this session.  I’ll be very happy if that happens. If not, I will send you to an asylum.”

 

“Thank you so much Dr. Ahn.”

 

“You’re welcome. Do your thing!”

 

I went out of the office but Jinwoo is not there.

 

“I thought we’re going to the mall?”

 

 

 

 

A week later..

 

I was about to enter the hospital when someone dragged me to somewhere I don’t know. I got nervous. Is this person a kidnapper or what?

 

We reached the waiting area and I’m now being trapped by the wall. Why is no one here? Where’re the nurses? Where’s Dr. Jin? Who is this guy and why is he covering his face?

 

“Who are you? Why are you doing this…”

 

I was silenced when that guy’s lips crushed on mine. I should be protesting but instead I kissed him back. Our lips moved in a rhythm we only know and after God knows when, we broke the contact. The guy removed his shades and it’s HIM.

 

“Song Mino!”

 

I gave him a very tight hug. I knew that he was shocked by my sudden action but he calmed down and hugged me back. Tears started rolling in my eyes and Mino became worried. He looked at me gently and wiped my tears with his thumb.

 

“Why are you crying?”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Sorry for what?”

 

“Because I left without you knowing.”

 

“Why did you do that?”

 

“Because I’m afraid.”

 

“Afraid of what?”

 

 

 

 

Why is he telling me now that he’s afraid? Last week was a chaos of emotions since he left me. My mind and my heart is having a battle on whether should I tell him the truth or not. But now that we’re here, I have to tell him. It’s now or never!

 

“I’m afraid that I’m falling for…you.”

 

Wait, wait, wait! He..falling..for…me??

 

“What are you saying?”

 

“I left last week because I’m afraid that we will get closer and I will fall for you even more. I know that we met in a not-so-good way but it changed when I started to know you. And now that I’m starting to develop my feelings for you, I’m afraid that you cannot love me back or you don’t really like me at all. I’m so confused Mino-yah.”

 

“Don’t be, because my mind and heart is clear.”

 

“Clear of what?”

 

I held his hand and stared at those lovely misty eyes. He’s taking my breath away.

 

“I never believed that someone can change my life because I had an ugly past. I forgot the feeling of loving and being loved. And it changed when I met you. Jinwoo, you’re the angel that healed my mind and heart. You’re the angel that made me happy and realize that life is beautiful. You’re the angel that made my heart skip a beat. You’re the angel that I wanted to be with for the rest of my life.”

 

I felt like shaking and I saw Jinwoo crying again.

 

“Please don’t cry. I promise you that you will never be alone, that I’ll be by yours side always.”

 

“You will never leave me?”

 

“Even though you don’t want to see my face, I’ll never leave you. I’ll never leave the person that I love.”

 

“But Mino..”

 

I caressed his face and gave him a soft kiss. His lips taste like honey and I wanted to kiss him more.

 

“We both went through different challenges in our past. Now that we have each other, the challenges that may come in the future will all pass. As long as we have each other, we can solve all the problems that’ll happen.”

 

“But Mino..I’m not an angel. I can be a devil and I can ruin you.”

 

“I don’t care, you are my angel, my healer.”

 

Jinwoo inched closer and now he initiated our kiss. He hugged me tightly and I held on his waist.

 

“Thank you Song Mino, thank you for healing my heart.”

 

We kissed again, oblivious to the two people that are watching us.

 


 

the end...