Unexpected

You and Me

HELLO~!!

 

This features MINWOO one-shots. it can be fluff, angst, or maybe - depending on my mood..  XD

 


 

“Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get — only with what you are expecting to give — which is everything.”

-Katharine Hepburn

 

 

Song Mino didn’t expect that he will fall for a guy. Things really happen unexpectedly, you will fall for the unexpected person at an unexpected time.

 

 

He was sixteen years old when he saw the guy that he will love. While he was roaming the school and searching for his classroom, he accidentally bumped into a guy. At first he thought the person was a girl because he’s slender and quite petite.

 

 

His heart almost skipped a beat when he saw the face of the guy. The guy has a pair of big, sparkling deer eyes, a high and sharp nose, and a pair of pink lips that for a second he thought of kissing. The guy looks prettier than most of the girls in the school.

 

 

He was about to ask the guy’s name when the guy hurriedly left. He then realized that the school bell alarmed indicating the beginning of class.

 

 

After the class, Mino searched the entire school to see that guy again. He searched almost everywhere- the canteen, library, garden, gymnasium, even the Principal’s Office. It’s almost 5pm and he was about to give up but destiny happened and he finally saw the guy walking alone to the school’s parking lot. He followed the guy and saw him being fetched by his parents and they drove home.

 

 

The following day, Mino saw the guy again. But his heart clenched a little when he saw him with another guy. The guy also looked like a lady with his slanted eyebrows and fair skin. He can hear the two laughing. He was about to left and maybe sulk in the library when he saw another guy approaching them. The guy was skinny and has a pair of big and plump lips. He continued watching and saw the skinny guy wrapped his arms on the cat look-a-like’s waist. He heaved a sigh of relief. The thought of being brokenhearted vanished and he went home with a smile plastered on his face.

 

 

It’s been weeks but Mino still doesn’t know the name of the guy. He tried asking his friend but he will hesitate at the end. One time he was inside the school’s comfort room when he heard the guy’s voice again- the voice that can lull him to sleep because he sounds like an angel. When he heard someone calling his name, the guy left and Mino went out of the cubicle-grinning while scratching the back of his neck.

 

 

“Kim Jinwoo, what a beautiful name~!”

 

 

A month passed and he realized that his phase is too slow. He needs to make his first move. He asked his friend Seunghoon on what he needs to do.

 

 

“Give him something...”

 

 

And as an obedient friend he is, he followed Seunghoon’s advice and bought a gift for Jinwoo- it’s a purple pen with glitter designs. The following day, he went to school a bit early- he thought of not introducing himself to Jinwoo yet, hence he will play a secret admirer role. He went to Jinwoo’s room and placed his gift on his desk.

 

 

He hid beside the room’s window and he saw Jinwoo entering the room. His face flushed up when he saw Jinwoo getting the pen and the latter smiled while reading the note pasted on the pen.

 

 

“Smile everyday. You look beautiful when you do that.”

 

 

Mino liked the idea and a week after he sent another gift- a purple box of chocolates. His face blushed again when he saw Jinwoo reading the note attached to it.

 

 

“J-ovial

  I-mpeccable

  N-atty

  W-ell-liked

  O-ptimistic

  O-utgoing”

 

 

He continued sending gifts to Jinwoo- from simple to expensive things. He really like it when Jinwoo smiled at the messages attached to the gifts and his heart flutters to happiness and he realized that he’s falling deeper for the guy.

 

 

Two months passed when he started to know Jinwoo more. Jinwoo was a writer for their school paper and he was interviewed by the guy since he’s one of the school’s best athletes. His heart was beating so fast when Jinwoo entered their dugout after his practice for the interview. The interview started and everything was flowing so well, he didn’t stutter and he’s stealing glances while Jinwoo was busy writing whatever he answered. The interview was about to end when he was asked the billion dollar question.

 

 

“I know this is out of context Mino-ssi, but the readers are interested in you. Are you meeting someone as of the moment?”

 

 

His heart almost escaped his chest. He wanted to confess to him right away-tell him that he loves him and he wanted to date him. He wanted to answer that but he’s afraid that Jinwoo will avoid him.

 

 

“I’m not meeting anyone, but someone already caught my heart.”

 

 

His answer made Jinwoo’s eyes grow bigger but it disappeared when he laughed. His laugh is like music to his ears.

 

 

“Really? can you give a clue on who that person is?”

 

 

“I fall for him unexpectedly, his presence makes me smile and I’m willing to do anything for that person.”

 

 

Jinwoo jotted down his answer. After a couple of minutes, Jinwoo stood up.

 

 

“Its nice meeting you Song Mino.”

 

 

“Can we meet again?”

 

 

Mino mentally punched himself for blurting that.

 

 

“I’m in charge of writing the upcoming intramurals, so I guess you will see me more here.”

 

 

The writer left and Mino happily swayed his way outside the dugout. He thought that this is it- he can be closer to Jinwoo.

 

 

Mino became busy in practice but his energy never drained because Jinwoo is always inside the gymnasium while watching their basketball practice.

 

 

One time while practicing, his teammate accidentally throws the ball too far and it hit Jinwoo’s head. The latter lost his balance but Mino was quick to catch Jinwoo. His basketball skills helped him this time. He stopped practicing and asked his coach to take Jinwoo in the dugout to soothe his pain.

 

 

He carefully sat Jinwoo once they entered the dugout. Mino quickly prepared an ice pack and put it on his head. Jinwoo smiled as he kept saying his thanks to Mino.

 

 

Intramurals finally began and Mino was so hyped up- not just because of the upcoming games but also because Jinwoo will surely watch him, or maybe watch his team. He became more energized when he saw Jinwoo inside the gymnasium, cheering and screaming his name like a cheerleader. Mino’s team became the champions- thanks to Jinwoo.

 

 

Mino realized that love can make someone do anything or maybe everything- just to make that person smile.

 

 

Mino was walking down the corridor when he saw Jinwoo carrying a box full of newspapers-maybe the newsletter for this school year. As a gentleman he is, Mino went closer and helped Jinwoo to carry the box in their office. Their fingers accidentally brushed and he electrified a little. Jinwoo thanked him again when they arrived in the office.

 

 

More months passed and he realized that he will be graduating very soon. He can no longer see Jinwoo if he didn’t confess but he’s still coward and afraid of rejection. He’s waiting for a sign before he can do that. And it happened.

 

 

He was interviewed again by Jinwoo for the publication’s final release this school year. The interview ended but he noticed Jinwoo’s gloomy mood.

 

 

“Why are you sad?”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“You look gloomy today. Why?”

 

 

Jinwoo sighed deeply before he looked at Mino’s eyes.

 

 

“I will be graduating next month but I still cannot confess to someone.”

 

 

“We’re the same.”

 

 

“You also feel that way?”

 

 

“Yeah, I liked that person since classes began and I cannot see that person again.”

 

 

“We’re riding the same boat. Can I tell you something?”

 

 

“What is it?”

 

 

“Will you find it weird if I say that I fall for someone that I didn’t know the name?”

 

 

“What are you saying?”

 

 

“I always received gifts every week from an unknown person. The messages attached to the gifts made me blush and I didn’t realize that I’m falling in love. The messages were so sweet.”

 

 

Mino’s heart raced as he tried to hide the smile that’s trying to escape his lips.

 

 

“I hope you can meet that person.”

 

 

“I really hope for that.”

 

 

The day finally arrived-the graduation. There’re a lot of students wearing their white caps and gowns with their parents. Mino was with his parents. The ceremony ended, but not for Mino as he pulled out three red roses and stood up. He looked for Jinwoo and spotted him easily in the crowd of writers. He hide the flowers on his back as he approached the guy.

 

 

“Kim Jinwoo.”

 

 

Jinwoo and the rest of the crowd were startled and looked at the direction of the voice. Song Mino was standing there- confident yet nervous.

 

 

“Song Mino?”

 

 

Mino went closer until he’s face-to-face with him. He pulled out the roses and Jinwoo suddenly blushed.

 

 

“What is this Mino-yah?”

 

 

“Flowers, obviously.”

 

 

“Aish~!”

 

 

“I also wanted to tell you something.”

 

 

The crowd became silent as they wait for Mino to speak.

 

 

“I’ve read a book before and it says that if you love someone, do everything for that person without thinking of its outcome. I met a beautiful guy with deer eyes and I left gifts for him on his desk. I was coward that I didn’t put my name on the notes attached to the gifts. But seeing him smile made me happy. You told me about the person you fell in love with because of the notes you’ve read, and now I can finally say that those gifts were from me.”

 

 

The crowd giggled and Jinwoo blushed. Mino inched closer and intertwined his hand on his.

 

 

“If I didn’t do this, I will not be able to see you ever again. Kim Jinwoo, I love you so much.”

 

 

The crowd cheered loudly and Jinwoo’s red face turned redder. He was too enthralled with what’s happening and he blushed harder when he stared at Mino’s loving eyes.

 

 

“You know Mino, I lied when I told you about me falling for the person who sends me gifts.”

 

 

Mino’s eyes saddened and he giggled making the man confuse.

 

 

“I actually fall in love when I met an athlete during an interview. He’s so popular that I was assigned to make a feature article about him. When I entered the dugout, my feelings build up that I used my writer card to visit him during practice. I fell in love with him when he carefully soothed my head when his teammate accidentally hit me with a ball. Since then, I wanted to see him everyday and my heart is giving too much feelings for him. I love him so much but I’m afraid that I might not see him after this day.”

 

 

The crowd went silent again as they waited for anyone to speak. They were holding their breaths.

 

 

“Kim Jinwoo?”

 

 

“I love you too, Song Mino.”

 

 

The crowd cheered loudly as Mino hugged Jinwoo for the first time. He then pushed the guy a little and planted a kiss on his forehead. Jinwoo giggled and buried his face on Mino’s neck.

 

 

Love is not just about expecting for a good thing, rather it is about giving your all to make that person fall in love. And that’s what Mino realized- he only wanted to be close with Jinwoo but unexpected thing happened and now he’s hugging Jinwoo- the person he’s willing to do everything just to make him happy.