Spike in the Heart

You and Me

HEY~! I'm back for a bit and this is my 'super-lame-barangay-level-volleyball-knowledge' Songkim oneshot dedicated to Pure_prickle for succeeding a challenge that resulted to her identity crisis~ follow her if you want to know how often she changes her DP and read her sometimes witty sometimes thirsting over Winner tweets..

 

I'm doing bets in Twitter for quite sometime and it always resulted to me not writing one-shots so I'm making another bet before I return to Graduate School within two weeks.. And sorry for not writing since December, I've been busy and when I have the chance to take a break after finals, I really took it- I need it anyways.. Now that Songkim has been giving us quality content for this comeback I'm inspired to write.. ^^

 

PS: the blue part indicates the past and also a subtle support to my fave volleyball team since 2009~~


 

Jinwoo was on the back row, waiting for the opponent to serve the ball. A few seconds later, the ball flew high in the air and was received by their libero Seungyoon and it’s now going on him. Jinwoo managed to save the ball and set it to front line where Seunghoon is waiting. Seunghoon made a strong spike that made the blockers from the opposite side fall and their team scored for a set win. Their team was happy but Jinwoo glanced at the opponent’s side and saw one of the blockers’ hand being taken care of by the team’s medical staff.

 

“Don’t worry hyung, he’ll be fine.”

 

Jinwoo glanced at Seunghoon who had left him and he was a bit irritated. How can he say it easily like that? What if the guy’s hand was badly injured and he can no longer play for his team? He tried to look less worried and followed his team in the huddle.

 

“Song Mino won’t be able to play for the rest of the game so we need to worry a little less.”

 

Eun Jiwon announced the important message the moment he got in the huddle and joined his team. As a coach, he’s alert and knows their opponents’ strengths and weaknesses- and even some gossips here and there.

 

“It will be easier for us to win then, that guy is deadly especially when he’s in front.”

 

“You’re right Seungyoon! With that, we can send varied players and you’ll have a little break.”

 

The team in the huddle was happy and expectant for a victory- except Jinwoo.

 

The game ended within five sets and Jinwoo’s team won. After the post-con and victory dinner courtesy of Coach Jiwon, Jinwoo hurriedly went home. He’s tired from the game and wanted to rest. He’s about to press the doorbell when it suddenly opened, revealing a man with a smile on his face- left hand covered with bandages.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

The phrase Jinwoo managed to utter after getting a warm hug from his husband a kiss on his nose as they entered their house and reach the couch. After hearing Mino’s disappearance from the game, he became unfocused and made a couple of errors at the beginning of third set but regained his confidence after his team members got a few errors as well.

 

“You did well my baby but you were distracted during the third set.”

 

Mino sat on the couch with Jinwoo sitting on him, legs wrapped against his and hands caressing his injured hand. Worry can be seen from Jinwoo’s eyes and Mino finds it cute.

 

“Coach Jiwon said you won’t be able to play after your injury on the second set, how can I stay focus on that game?”

 

“But people might think that you’re worried of me.”

 

“Because I am!”

 

“But remember our promise to each other seven years ago?”

 

The promise- a little secret they’ve been hiding even to their teammates and coaches they’ve worked with for the past seven years. It all started when in college but they’re not playing under the same team- their school are archrivals and they met for the first time inside the volleyball court, surrounded by the noisy crowd and heavy-beating drums. Mino is a freshman back then when he saw the junior-year player Kim Jinwoo standing in front of him, face looking unreal despite being blocked by the net. It will be weird if he started to court Jinwoo in public so he made everything in secret and eventually heard Jinwoo’s sweet ‘yes’ when he asked for a date.

 

Jinwoo is also aware that dating a player from their rival school will be awkward so he has also decided to meet Mino in private. Mino always picks him up from school after their practice game and they will end up going on drive-thrus or delivery food that they will eat on either Mino or Jinwoo’s place. It became their routine for two years until Jinwoo graduated and got into a volleyball association, after two years Mino was also recruited but they’re still playing for opposite teams. They got used of their situation but sometimes they’re thinking what a proper date feels like but thinking of the possible scandal that can ruin them will stop it.

 

“I hope you’re not mad.”

 

“I’m not, besides I’m already used of this and I also want this relationship to be hidden from the public so that I’ll not worry about your career getting ruined.”

 

“You don’t have to worry hyung. But I want to ask you something.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“How about going to the US tomorrow and getting married there?”

 

“Sounds fun but I don’t think it’ll happen.”

 

Suddenly, Jinwoo felt something being wrapped on his ring finger- a gold ring with little diamonds surrounding it. Mino smiled fondly at him and he’s on a verge of tears.

 

“Now, do you think it will happen?”

 

“I think so.”

 

“Then we better start packing.”

 

A few days after arriving in LA, Mino and Jinwoo got married-inviting only their families and few closest friends. The couple has decided to still keep everything in secret and got their well-deserved honeymoon for two weeks, fortunately its off-season so they have nothing to worry on the game. When they got back, the newly-married couple bought a new home in a private condo unit and they’ve been living there for a year already.

 

Jinwoo’s track of thoughts vanished when Mino kissed him lightly on the lips. He blushed immediately and hid his face on Mino’s neck.

 

“I’m sorry, what are you talking about earlier?”

 

“I’m talking about our promise.”

 

“Oh yes. Well, I can’t help it. You’re my very important other half and I can’t bear to see you getting hurt during the game.”

 

“The doctor said it was just a fracture and it will heal within a week, nothing big.”

 

“So, you won’t be able to join the beginning of the semi-final round?”

 

“Yes, but I will join when my injury heals. For now, my angelic husband will help me recover so can you kiss this swollen hand?”

 

Jinwoo reached for Mino’s injured hand and gave it a light kiss. Mino was enthralled, how can someone look hot and cute at the same time while kissing?

 

“Can you also kiss my lips and make it swell?”

 

“Song Mino~!”

 

Mino’s face went dangerously close to Jinwoo’s and the latter finally gave in. Their kisses are going deeper and Mino’s uninjured hand found its way to Jinwoo’s waist, holding it tight. They had to part for air and their lips are now red and swollen. Jinwoo started to blink at Mino, wondering what will happen next.

 

“Kim Jinwoo, we can continue this in our bedroom you know?”

 

“But…how about your injured hand?”

 

“I can still work my way in you even with just a hand, in case you don’t know.”

 

With that, Jinwoo stood up-pulling Mino with him, lips sealed and feet finding its way to their bed.