The kiss

I love you and I want you back

 

“Aigoo.. I am sorry Jiyoon ah.. Bora's sleeping already, just take her tomorrow okay..”, said the mother in law. They were all seated in the huge living room.

 

“mother in law, I am really sorry if I sounded a bit rude.. But next time if you want to see Bora, can you tell me first.. I will bring her to you gladly.. What happened today was really frightening to me..”, explained Jiyoon softly while looking at her mother in law.

 

“Aigoo, I am so sorry I wont do that again..”, replied her mother in law while she's reaching for Jiyoon's hands.

 

“Don't worry Jiyoon, appa wont let omma do that again.. aigoo yeobo!!”, added her father in law, Nam Woo Kang.

 

After spending some time talking with the parents in law, Jiyoon excused herself. They persuaded her to leave Bora and take her tomorrow. Jiyoon bowed to the parents in law and Woohyun walked her outside.

 

“It's okay oppa. I can go home by myself”, said Jiyoon to Woohyun.

 

“What are you saying.. I will send you home”, replied Woohyun. He noticed that Jiyoon wasn't too happy. Maybe she's tired with what happened today.

 

Both of them stay silent during the whole journey to Jiyoon's house. Jiyoon stared blankly at the window and suddenly she felt a hand touching her left hand. It's Woohyun's. It was a tight grip. None of them said anything.

 

“Thanks oppa for the ride home”, said Jiyoon as she opened the car door to let herself out.

 

“I'll bring Bora to you tomorrow okay..”, replied Woohyun as he looked at her walking out of his car.

 

Woohyun felt uneasy. He didn't want her to be sad tonight. He quickly stepped out of his car and grabbed Jiyoon's arm.

 

“Jiyoon ah..” said Woohyun as he grabbed Jiyoon's arm and then he hugged her. He squeezed her tight in his embrace. Not wanting to let her go. “I am sorry Jiyoon.. for everything.. for all the pain I've caused you..”

 

Jiyoon was stunned when he hugged her. But the way he hugged her, his embrace... was so perfect.. She felt safe. She felt love. Love? Does he really love her? Or is he trying to cover up his mistakes? Or is he trying to be responsible towards her and Bora? It this love or just because of responsibility and regret? She asked herself.

 

Woohyun released the hug and cupped her face with his hands. He tilted his face and leaned forward towards Jiyoon's face. Their faces were just few centimetres apart. Woohyun closed his eyes as his lips approaching Jiyoon' lips. Jiyoon closed her eyes too. Their lips pressed against each other. It was perfect. They stayed like that for a minute or so. Woohyun pulled out from the kiss and rested his forehead on hers.

 

“I love you Jiyoon... I do...”, whispered Woohyun. And then they kissed again. The kiss this time was a bit more passionate and Jiyoon wrapped his waist with both her hands. 

 

She finally heard him saying that he loves her. For the first time. And maybe for the last time? She didn't know herself what's going to happen next.