Chapter Nine - Turn Away

Big Bang Highschool

"Because I want you to be my partner in the showcase this fall. They do a showcase every term to allow parents, scholars and anyone from the public to watch the talent from this school." Top says and I turn to face him. 

"Why don't you ask someone else?" I ask him as I cross my arms against my upper stomach. He sighs but doesn't answer. I go to walk over to my phone but he holds my wrist and turns me back to him. 

"I want you to be my partner because you're the most talented person I know. You take dance seriously. You express you emotions through your movements. Just from watching you now has me questioning you on how you keep that smile on your face everyday." He replies and his face was full of concern. I was speechless at his comment. Was I that obvious? 

"Fine. But, I'm picking the music." I sigh and he smiles before releasing my wrist. I continued to my phone and went through another playlist. I picked a song called 'wings' by Birdy. It was an English song and I loved the song. I hit play and let Top listen to it as I try to think of some movements that we could do together; that would either go with the lyrics or the medloy. 

"Do you trust me enough to lift you in the air?" Top shouts over the sound of the music; causing me to look at him. I shrug my shoulders and nod my head. 

"Run at me." He says and prepares himself for me to run at him. I shake my head at first but then I take a deep breath before running at him. He grabs my hips and lifts me into the air and I feel myself spin in the air until I feel his arms around my waist. I was face to face with him and I felt a fluttering feeling in my chest. The same feeling I had gotten when he faked kissed me this morning. 

I turned my head away from his face and I felt his hand twitch against my back before he put me back down. 

"You will most definitely being doing that lift in the dance. I just got some great ideas for how we could make it fit into the song as well." I say with a smile and forget about the little moment that happened only a few seconds ago. 

*** (Change of P.O.V. to Top.)

She turned away...

It was as though she didn't want to even look at me. Then she just played it off as though nothing had happened. I would be lying if I didn't say that it caused a pain in my chest. But, for now I just smiled at her as she ran back over to her phone and replayed the song. 

***

We spent the rest of the hour dancing until we decided to call it quits for today. We headed back to the dorms and saw that there was a huge crowd surrounding the doors. We ran up to the crowd and broke our way to the middle to see what was going on. There were two boys fighting as everyone just watched. I was able to see that one of them was TaeYang. I dropped my bag and ran at the pair. I pulled TaeYang off the older boy and one his friends dragged him away. 

"Top watch out!" I heard Kaia scream. I turned just in time to see one of the older boys coming at me with a smashed bottle; but I wasn't quick enough to stop it from slashing my upper arm open. I yelled as I gripped the bleeding gash in my arm. Four teachers finally came over and the crowd disappeared to other dorms. Kaia ran over to me and moved my hand from my arm. 

"Oh my God. We need to get this looked at." She panicks. I stop from panicking by taking my arm from her hands and put my hand under her chin; making her look up at me. 

"It's fine. I've got a first aid kit in the dorm. Now come on, before the teachers begin questioning us." I tell her and hurry her up to our dorm room as the teachers begin to return after chasing the older boys. I pull TaeYang along and pushed him towards his room and he was helped in by Daesang. I pulled Kaia into our room and pinned her against the wall and covered . I could hear the front steps of all the teachers running past the door and waited until they had faded away. 

I look down at Kaia, who was just looking at me in return with fear in her eyes. 

"If you're worried about getting in trouble. Don't worry. This type of thing happens all the time." I assure her and move back a few steps from her and hold my arm again.