Chapter Four - Better Then Planned

Big Bang Highschool

I looked up and stared at Top; as he looked at my notebook. I pulled it to my chest and shook my head. 

"I wasn't. It's a doodle." I rush my words out and he chuckles at me. 

"I know, but you're adorable when you're flushered." He tells me and I roll my eyes at him and he sits back in his seat and we both face the teacher as he begins talking again. 

***

Once maths was over wwe all left the class and Top came over to me. 

"We have dance next. Do you have you kit?" He asks me and I nod my head and tap my backpack. He leads me to the dance studio and tells me where the female changing rooms were. I headed to them and he went to the male changing rooms. The girls looked at me as I walked in, so I kept my head down. Not wanting any attention on me right now. I get changed into a pair of quarter length bottoms, along with my white sports bra with my loose white tan top over it and my red ankle high converse. 

I walk out of the changing rooms and don't see Top anywhere. So, for now I guess I was on my own. I walk up to the dance teacher and she turns to me with a smile. 

"Hello, I know that you are the new exchange student. One of the girls came and told me. Don't worry about getting embarrassed or anything, I've heard that you are a good dancer. So, I would like you to showcase something for me in this session." She tells me and I feel my heart pound. Did my school send her my dance pieces on camera? 

"Of course. No problem." I fake a smile and she walks off to talk to the other students. I run my hand through my hair and begin to panic a little. I didn't want to dance in front of everyone. But, I always get like this before a performance. I have a little stage fright. I turn around and see that the teacher was waiting for me; as the entire class sat in front of the mirrors. I smiled again and then walked into the centre of the dance studio.

I take a deep breath and prepare myself. I look over the faces of the class and see that Top was the one stood up next to the teacher. He gave me a reasurring smile before the music came on. The song was called Warrior by a group called B.A.P. I guess I had no going back now. But as I got further through the song, I wasn't as scared anymore. Which was good. The class looked amazed at some points of my dance. Thank God. 

I came to the second chours and I knew that the hardest part was to come. I was mentally preparing for and I hadn't noticed that there were five more people behind me that were the chours as I danced at the front of them. When the beat cut out and I froze for the next part, I looked to my left to see that it was Top and his friends. Did they know this as well? 

I looked up and Top did the same. He was partner in the little duet bit and we in time withone another and the music. This was great! The others joined and then I went behind them all and prepared for the freeze. Once they had moved I was in the air freeze and I will admit it was straining my arm. 

The rest of the dance was perfect and at the end I was the one that was shot. The class cheered and the teacher clapped. I sit up and try to catch my breath. It really does take a lot out of me to do that dance. Top stands in front of me and holds out his hand. I smile at him and take his hand as I pull myself up. I look up and see that my face was inches from Top's own face. We both clear our throats and step back. 

"You were brilliant. I didn't know that you knew that." He says and smiles at me. 

"I learnt that a while ago and my teacher back home always made me do it for shows. I just ant believe you got up and did it too." I run my hand through my hair again and I knew I was sweating already. He chuckles and leads me over to a window sill as everyone gets up and begins practising. 

"Why that was just perfect, Kaia! You are definitely what I hoped for. And Top, you did an amazing job by helping Kaia." The teacher comes over to us and praises both of us. I was happy that people enjoyed my dance cover of the song. She then walks away again as a student calls her over. 

"I thought you couldn't speak Korean? That song was most definitely in Korean." Top says as he crosses his arms against his broad chest. I take a quick moment to realise that he was wearing a black tank top with grey bottoms, a bandana around his head and a pair of black trainers. 

"I listen to k-pop. I like the dance and concepts that follow the song." I shrug my shoulders and we continue to just stare at everyone else for a moment. That is before Top's friends come over to us. 

"That was some moves you had there. I didn't think you would be like that, boy was shocked!" The boy with the sides of his head shaved and the top spiked up said to me as he stood to my left. He was wearing a white t-shirt with blue baseball shorts and matching trainers. 

"Thank you." I hestitate with my words, not sure if I should take it as praise or an insult. 

"I'm just thankful that a girl here can finally dance like that and not like a ballet princess." The youngest looking one of them all said, he had his hair in a kind of messed up way; but it suited him. He wore a grey tank top with black shorts, the same to the boy before and a pair of grey trainers. 

"Kaia, this is Don Yong Bae, but we call him TaeYang." Top says as he gestures to the first boy who bows at me with a smile. 

"This is Lee Seung Hyun, but call him Seungie for short." He gestures to the second boy, who again bows at me. 

"I'm Kang Dae Sang! Call me Daesang." The boy with the biggest smile stopped Top from saying anything. He looked to be the most cheerful of them all. He had black hair that covered his right eye. He was wearing a red t-shirt and matching bottoms, also red converse. 

"Also, Kwon Ji Yong. Although he prefers G Dragon or GD." Top tells and gestures to the last boy. He had short blonde hair that was covering half of his forehead. He was wearing a white t-shirt with a red and black jacket over it, with jeans and white trainers. He smiled and bowed to me and I just stood silently. 

"Boys, this is Kaia. The new exchange student." Top says and I thought it would be respectful if I bowed to them, as they had for me. 

***

Once the class had ended, it was break. Meaning we had twenty minutes to just relax and take it easy. I followed behind Top and his friends for a while before I went up to get a snack from the lunch lady. I only got an apple and went back to find Top and his friends. Only issue was:

I had no idea where they were...

I had lost them within such a short period of time and now I can't find them. I didn't want to ask anyone, so I just went and sat at a table in the dining hall. I put my bag on the seat next to my own and began to eat my apple. Praying that they would turn up sooner or later. 

"Excuse me." I look to my right and see two girls stood there in full uniform, except with skirts and not trousers. 

"Yes?" I ask and they look one another before looking back at me. 

"Could you give this to Kang Dae Sang hyung." The one on the right pushes a card into my face and I take it from her gently. 

"And this to Choi Seung Hyun hyung." The other girl passes me another letter and then the girls wait. 

"Yes. I'll give it to them." I tell them with a smile and then get crushed by them hugging me. They then giggle away from me as they walk. I put the letters on the table in front of me and continue my apple. 

"You already being crushed on, Kaia?" I look up again and see Top was taking the seat in front of me. I swallow a piece of the apple before speaking. 

"No. There are for you and Daesang." I pass him the one that was meant for him. He looks at it and then puts it back down. 

"Well..." I say and lean forward a little. He does the same and looks confused. 

"Well... what?" He asks and I hit him lightly on the arm. 

"Open it! It would be rude not to!" I tell him and he looks down at the letter again, before picking it up. He begins to open it and I just continue to eat my apple. He reads what was inside and smiles at the piece of paper. He turns around and waves at the girl that had given it to him. Was it weird to say that I felt a sting in my chest when he did? 

"What does it say?" I ask him and lean forward again. Resting my elbows on the table as I wait for his response. 

"She wants me to become her oppa." He smiles and then puts the letter in his pocket. Returning his gaze back onto me. 

"Meaning?" I ask and he rolls his eyes at me. 

"She wants me to be her boyfriend." He explains and I understand him completely. 

"Oh." I say and nod my head. I take another bite of my apple to keep myself from saying anything else. 

All the boys then come over and I put my bag on the floor as Daesang sits next to me. I give him his letter and he gets a bigger smile on his face; if that were even possible. He gets up and goes to the girl and he talks to her, as we all watch. She gets up and then they hug. I'm guessing he just became her 'oppa'. 

"That's cute." I say and then the boys turn their stares back to me. 

"It happens everyday. It just so happens Daesang has been crushing on that girl for months now. He was just waiting for her to approach him." TaeYang explains and I shut my mouth and lean back in my chair. 

"Top got a letter from her friend." I say and then the boys begin to ask Top questions in Korean and I kind of zone out. Getting up to put my apple core in the bin. I turn back around to be stopped by a chest in front of me. I look up and see that it was Top. 

"Why did you say that?" He asks me and his voice was deep and intimidating. I gulp past the lump in my throat before responding. 

"I thought that it would be okay to tell your friends." I look down and play with my finger nails. I could already feel everyone's eyes turning onto us. We stood in the middle of the dining hall. I look up to see that Top was still staring at me. 

"They know that I don't like her. They will bug me about this for ages now." He grips my shoudlers and I try to push him off me but to with no luck of him releasing me. 

"I'm sorry." I mutter and his face softens before he lets me go. 

"I'm sorry too." He says and then turns around and sits back down with the boys again. I look at everyone as they all quickly turned away. I walk over to my seat and pick up my bag before walking out of the dining hall and into the girls toilets. 

It was turning into home again...

I locked myself into a cubicle and shut the lid on the toilet and sat on it. I put my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands. Why couldn't I keep any friends for more than five minutes? I've never had anyone to talk to. I've always been alone. When Top started to talk to me, he made me feel like a person and not just some ghost people would pass on the streets. But, now I had upset him and he most likely wouldn't talk to me again because of it. Everyone does the same. 

I should've just kept my mouth shut...