I feel the same

it will good, in the end
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*PIE’s POV*

 

That night, a bit cloudy. Nearly eleven o'clock at night when I heard my home-phone rang. Mom and Dad has sleep, so I rushed tossed a blanket and ran to the living room to grab the phone on the table.

 

"Hello." My voice is hold resist sleepy. Who do you call this time?

"Pie?" Mean’s voice sounds intermittent, a faint, but I can catch panic in her voice is seldom heard.

"What, Mean?”

Mean and Mike are camping joined council members in other place for three days. Today is the first day. Mean as secretary and Mike as head, hold the meeting which discussed the annual event while discussing school graduation event.

Static. Suddenly, there is a loud sob, and then the sound of Mike, calm as usual.

 

"Mike, what is it? Are you okay?" For a moment, the worry sneak up. Why Mean cry? Why Mike sounded so serious?

"We're okay," said Mike calming. "We just got a news, that Kim’s Mom just have an accident and she is now in hospital."

I was shocked.

"Is she ... okay?" I'm afraid of the answer.

Mike paused before answering, "She passed away, Pie." Mike voice still calmly explain his condition. "Car accident, hit and run when crossing the road. Now, I and Mean will catch up there. Go back to Bangkok, but we have to borrow car first. Maybe me & mean can get there at midnight."

I just nodded until I realized that Mike could not hear me if I just nodded obediently. "Okay. Hurry back home. Be careful on the road, Mike."

"Pie?" Mean back to take over the phone, still sobbing, but more can control herself. "I ask for your help ... to go to the hospital. Please accompanied Kim there, at least until I come and Mike. Can you?"

I sighed. "Of course, Mean. I will go there now."

Mean sounded more relieved. "Thanks, Pie. Please. Thanks.."

We hung up. I wash my face, then change clothes. I left a message for parents, take the car keys and umbrella, then paused a moment, turned to the clothes cabinet to grab a big-thick jacket, then hurried.

 

 

The rain is so heavy outside. I drive slowly toward the funeral home. I wonder what Kim feels now. No, I know. Sad, disappointed, angry, upset. Empty.

I parked the car in between the lines of the other car. Searching for Kim and recognize his brother in the crowd who was talking in the waiting room, but I m not find Kim. I decided to look it up, pull it tight jacket to cover my body, it’s getting cold now.

I see him standing at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter