The Red One

it will good, in the end
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*PIE's POV*

 

I stand in front of Mean’s house gate with sling bag full of textbooks, wearing black shorts, bright blue casual shirt and a pair of flip-flops. Mean’s housekeeper opened the door, already familiar with my face. I stepped in and say hello to Mean’s Mom who was busy serving customers at their family-owned home-based salon. The beauty salon was always full of clients, which on average are regular customers and neighbors.

 

"Hi Pie, Mean in her room, she said that she waiting for you," Mean’s Mom said. I so often play here, I've considered the second child, as part of her own family.

 

Mean’s room door open so wide, from the distance came the chorus of a pop song youth radio station. And owner was sitting on the pink carpet, so lazy while reading fashion magazines from abroad. I got in and immediately took up positions on top of a form favorite beanie-bag giant bright pink.

 

Mean’s room is one of my favorite places. Her room was spacious, luxurious marble floors covered with carpets as soft as velvet. Great beds newfangled victorian which gives the impression of a dramatic, like a princess. DVD player and a set of LED TVs sweet perched in the corner. Walk-in closet space built hidden behind the room, opposite the balcony filled with tiny flower pots. Apparently, no one will be bored in that grand room. However, my favorite is the smell of oil paint mixed with sweet perfume, fragrance always envelop the room.

 

"Hi, new painting, huh?" I watched the large canvas juxtaposed next to Mean’ desks. A painting rain, her latest project.

 

"Uh, uh." Mean replied casually, hands busy grabbing a handful of boiled peanuts while flipping through the pages of a magazine. "Not finished. It turns out to paint the rain really hard. "

 

Mean love, and good at painting. Her room is filled with the results of sketches, and paintings unfinished. The paintings that have been completed are stored neatly in a wooden cabinet, occasionally issued for aerated.

 

I took out a book English from the bag and began to prepare stationery, determined to finish the day's timetable. "Mean, c’mon. Let’s learn English together. "

 

Mean lowered his magazine and gave a glance. I know that look. That is bored and wants to look for other more enjoyable activities. "Don’t you know, Pie, what the most thing that I wanna do now?"

 

"Learning English." I replied calmly.

 

Mean moan lazy. "Every day we’ve learn, Pie. It's, Saturday, is still too early. I wanna get ready for Jean’s birthday party tonight. "

 

I glanced at the big clock hanging on the wall of the room. "The party at 7 in the evening. But now is still 9 o'clock."

 

"Instead of learning, we'd better manicure pedicure in salon. While still early, not crowded."

 

When it’s been turn like this, Mean’s determination would be difficult to reect. She got up and moved selecting several types of nail polish from her dresser.

 

Mean’s make up table is also very beautiful. So feminine. Filled with bottles of beauty products renowned the brand that I didn’t know either. Perfumes with different types of fragrances, dyes cheeks, powder, lotion, facial moisturizer, and a collection of colorful lipstick neatly arranged, same looks neatly with a collection of books in my room narrow martial.

 

Sometimes, there are moments where I really wanted to have a life like Mean’s. Want to have a mother who cooks breakfast for her daughter, want to have a spacious room and various fragrant, and wanna be beautiful like Mean - with wavy long hair and curly eyelashes. However, I'm not Mean. I'm just an ordinary person who is awkward with her own appearance.

 

"Ah." Suddenly, Mean stop picking nail polish, then turned to look at me. "Hair. I want get hair clamp, for tonight" She looked at me a long time, as if there is an idea was formulated in her head. "I have an idea! What if you follow me to do something at salon? I think you need a new haircut, Pie. Your hair already  so long.”

 

"Cut my hair?" I touched the hair that has now been passed by the collar, as a result of skipping a haircut a few months. I can do nothing, there is a lot of thing that are more urgent.

 

"What if with coloring your hair?"

 

I m so panic now, "Coloring my hair?"

 

Mean laugh. "Which just temporary, not permanent, if you are not willing to be called by teacher. We will make some make – over to your appearance, special just for tonight. "

 

"Today is Jean’s birthday, not me. Why do I have to remake my appearance? "I tried to dodge, failed to imagine myself with a new haircut and color. I never liked the new changes.

 

"Pie." Mean put her arms on her hips looked at me sternly. "Sometimes, you should try something new. Are you never get bored with that flat style? "

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter