confession + (excuses + excuses) = ?

it will good, in the end
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PIE POV

 

It has been five days I have not meet Mike. Mike said he was too busy leading the student council meetings ahead of the school music event which will be celebrated this week. In addition, he is also busy training for inter-provincial debate.

 

I give up.

 

Fortunately, these days Mike have free time, half-full-day, especially for me. After school, we are sit on my porch; Mike is still in his school uniform and white badge attached ‘student council president’ at the pocket. I sit in a wicker chair, half reading a magazine in my lap and a half looking at Mike who drowned in his scientific literature.

In relationship with Mike is like going out with friends and the head-class whose attention is devoted to the school things. Actually, Mike have many friends, but he is too serious, tends to cold, seems same with my attitude, I like have an allergic to all kind of social interaction. Maybe it’s really my nature habbits, and sometimes I feel so difficult to start conversation, while Mike was too busy with his own activity, so sometimes I feel ignored.

Oh, there is one more thing. He never kiss me.

Mean always urged me to make the first contact. Just so you know, Mean and Kim are true believers PDA - public displays of affection. Both are often caught furtive hug behind the stairs. Mean often jump at Kim and hug from behind to surprise him, and Kim, he often suddenly kiss his girlfriend on the cheek. However, it doesn’t mean I could be like them.

While Mike, he even rarely hold my hand. His kind of care is about a serious discussion about the future, bringing my stuff, and opened the door for me. One year ago, these things are quite sweet. But now, my heart feels tasteless.

 

Confession: I'm bored. I’m stuck.

 

Maybe it is the one and only reason why I like to drive the same topic with Nongh. Because deep in my heart, I agree with him. Because I also want a love like what Mean and Kim’s have. Because either like it or not, I must admit, I'm bored just reading love stories in magazines and novels. Because I also want a little surprise in the bag, warm hug every time we meet.

 

Again, I'm bored.

 

"Pie." Mike try to break the silence.

"Mmmm," I replied, still flipping through the pages of the latest issue of National Geographic magazine.

"I’m hungry. Can we make instant noodles, now? "

I looked up and caught sight of Mike that half smile. And I smiled back. "Sure!"

We walk into the kitchen. Mike put the lil pan on, while I tear the noodle wrap. We cook in silence.

If I may be honest, I want a little warmth-bit conversation in the middle of the activity that should have the potential to be this romantic moment though only cook a pack of instant noodles. However, I knew Mike is not that type of person, and there is no point in expecting too much. Sad

 

After a few minutes that run very slow, Mike finally speak. "When last Saturday, Kim picked you up to the café, right?"

Although it sounds reasonable question, I am sensitive enough to capture the tone of wonder now. Not suspicious, especially jealous. Just confused, perhaps, because I don’t usually hang out with Kim. That active guy that doesn’t have any relationship with me, except when four of us go along. We are rarely make a conversation, how come we became friends?

"Yup, Mike. Is he ever said about it to you before, isn’t he? "

Mike nodded. "Not bored with Kim, Pie?"

I chuckled, knowing that Mike just worry if my antisocial-habbit’s appear that time. I never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter