the other side of her

it will good, in the end
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*KIM'S POV*

 

I stand with one hand holding my phone, trying to fight static who had been making telephone connections dashed. Pie's voice sounded a bit far, dashed because the signal is not good, and somewhat annoyed. "Mike told me that he will catch up," She repeated for the third time. "He ...."

"Huh?" I also repeat that word again. "I can't hear clearly, Pie."

I heard on the other side Pie sighed, perhaps frustrated by poor signal. We all know she tends to not be impatient. "Mike couldn't pick me, Kim. I also can't get there because the car is brought my father. "

"Ohh ...." Finally, I nodd understand. Mike seems not yet come home from his weekly tutoring (that's his fault, who is a normal person who took the private lessons on Saturdays?), And Pie forced to wait him for go to our subscriptions café every weekend.

"Mean also still in the painting studios. She says his own would catch we up. "

Pie was silent. I puzzled how to do to fill that void. Actually, me and Pie are not close. I know her since she was going out with Mike and be Mean's bestfriend, so the interaction between us no more than a smile, and say hello every time we met. We seldom talk.


When the complete of four of us are together, Pie seemed to disappear behind Mean's laughter, Mike's back, and my joke. She never say much, only occasionally chimed Mike's joke that starting to sound boring, or giggled together Mean, not more.

"What if I pick you up, Pie?" That was surprising Pie, who not answer immediately, and also surprise myself. Are you sure you want stuck for several hours with the quiet nerdy, Kim? That is the first question that appear in my head shortly after I volunteered. But, how else? I just spit that word. pffttt

"Waiting not much better than staring alone," I said, trying to cover up the awkwardness that now more wide open. "We will wait them at the café, okay?"

I thought she'd say no. A little part of me even hope she will refused, but she just said. "Okay. I wait you, Kim. "

click!

--------------------------------------

I arrive here, now. See Pie waiting sleepily in his regular costume; faded jeans and a white T-shirt with an MP3 player in his lap. I honked once, making her eyes narrowed in surprise, then rushed into the car.

"We go ahead, Kim? Is it okay with Mike and Mean? " she asked as I started driving the car out of the housing cluster.

"Do you have a better idea, than sit waiting and sorounding by mosquitoes?" I replied. "Play a game, perhaps?" We all know, Pie can't play so much kind of game. With a record grade in school, sometimes I still hard to believe why she always lose when playing board games?.

"Ha. Ha. Ha, " She replied without humor.

"Mike easier to directly catch we up rather than return for pick you up, and Mean definitely happy we do not be late as usual, Pie." Finally, I give another answer. Logical statement can seem more easy accepted by Pie.

She isn't say anything else after that.

The road to the café is so jammed with traffic, maybe because Saturday night. To fill the void, I insert a CD Green Day old collections to CD player. I rarely get the chance to play CD because Mean always complaining that kind of music that makes her a headache. However, today, the choice of music is the authority of the owner of the car. I had time to glance at Pie once, want to know what she would comment with my choice.

"Wow, 'Minority'," suddenly she say about my favorite song. "It's been a long time not heard this song."

"Do you like it?"

"Love," she replied

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter